PDA

View Full Version : Sharing the football field

D-town
September 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
How many Division I football teams share there football field with a local High school team? At South Dakota State we share a natural grass field with Brookings High School. Do any others. If you do please tell the type of playing surface and if you know any stipulations that may limit access.

A.K.A. Allowing BHS to play the night before in driving rain storm SDSU would play.

Thanks for the help.

chattanoogamocs
September 4th, 2006, 12:34 AM
The Mocs don't share with a team, but Finley is used frequently (now that it has FieldTurf to handle the wear and tear) for high schools games that are going to be too big for their own stadiums (but no high school uses the stadium full time). I think there are about 15 high schools games scheduled for Finley this fall, including Baylor/McCallie (the Harvard/Yale of Chattanooga private schools :))

Of course, the Mocs also share their home field with the NCAA Division I Football Championship :bow:

bobcatfan06
September 4th, 2006, 12:47 AM
San Marcos ISD uses Bobcat Stadium, but they pay a rental fee. Texas State built the stadium, we are just nice and let them use it. They also have state playoff games at Bobcat Stadium. The field surface is FieldTurf so it never hurts anything.

dlangford6
September 4th, 2006, 01:26 AM
Northern Arizona allows the 3 local highschools in Flagstaff to use their field (turf) and dome, I think the cost is a share of the gate for cleanup fees.

crunifan
September 4th, 2006, 01:29 AM
Cedar Falls High School uses the UNI-Dome

The Iowa High School State Play-Offs are held at the Dome every year too. The Road to the Dome.

ngineer
September 4th, 2006, 08:05 AM
I believe Bucknell lets Lewisburg H.S. use Christy Matthewson Stadium for football. With their relatively new field turf, it should present any problems for the University.

TexasTerror
September 4th, 2006, 09:23 AM
SHSU rents out Bowers Stadium...

Huntsville HS plays their home schedule at Sam Houston State. Also, SHSU typically hosts HS playoff games. Once we upgrade our turf this next year, I think we'll see a definite increase there...

On a related note, the biggest two programs each year for the facility in terms of bringing in revenue (concessions, etc) are the Region III-4A Track and Field Championships and one of the marching band festivals, can't recall...

DetroitFlyer
September 4th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Welcome Stadium in Dayton, Ohio is actually owned by the Dayton Public Schools. UD manages the day to day operations. The stadium sits on the same site as our basketball arena, baseball and softball fields, practice football field and a new hotel being built by UD and a developer. All in all it is a win/win for UD and the DPS, although I would still like to see UD own it outright someday....

Hansel
September 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM
only synthetic FB fields should be shared IMHO

Husky Alum
September 4th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Northeastern shares Parsons Field with Brookline High School.

MSUBear42
September 4th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Missouri State rents out Plaster Sports Complex... There are quite a few high school games played there this year, including EVERY Willard High game.

swaghook
September 4th, 2006, 12:01 PM
The dome is host to both ND and MN high school play offs and I think the Fargo North vs Fargo South game is played in the dome. Also has hosted NAIA play off games for Concordia-Moorhead.