PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Team of the week

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 3rd, 2006, 06:02 PM
Who would be your IAA "team of the week"? What team has surprised us, gone beyond our expectations, or has made us proud the most this week?

This week, I nominate the three heroic squads that got IA wins. Which one impressed you the most?

McNeese75
September 3rd, 2006, 06:06 PM
That other MSU team. The Bobkitties did good yesterday:nod:

DTSpider
September 3rd, 2006, 06:10 PM
I wish I could say Richmond, but beating Duke is nothing like beating Colorado.

AppGuy04
September 3rd, 2006, 06:58 PM

No, but they shut them out, I'm not sure that has ever happened

blukeys
September 3rd, 2006, 06:59 PM
My vote went to the Kitties. Carpenter's poise was impressive.

Seadragon76
September 3rd, 2006, 07:18 PM
I may be new blood here, but I can recognize a major upset when I see one.

Montana State's victory at Colorado not only gives the Bobcats some instant cred, but it makes the Big Sky all that much better.

Now, they need to avoid that letdown against D-II Chadron State (Neb.)

Tod
September 3rd, 2006, 07:57 PM
If all three of those teams had lost against their I-A opponents, who would people pick? I'd pick Albany, not sure if that's a no-brainer or not.

ngineer
September 3rd, 2006, 08:15 PM
Hands down MSU. To knock off a Big 12 'perennial power' is a huge statement. UR-You done good, but Duke is like Temple--are they really I-A? PSU--congrats, but NM ain't no Colorado.

HiHiYikas
September 3rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
For sure the shutout in Durham is impressive. It reminds me that I really have to get across town to see you guys play this season.

If all three of those teams had lost against their I-A opponents, who would people pick? I'd pick Albany, not sure if that's a no-brainer or not.
Maybe Elon? Taking down the Chanticleers at CCU is impressive for a squad that tends to be the least-respected in the SoCon. Hampton might be another choice.

Ivytalk
September 3rd, 2006, 09:19 PM
"Yooge" (Philly pronunciation) win for the Bobcats! Could be the I-AA win of the year in week 1!:nod: :hurray:

ngineer
September 3rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
"Yooge" (Philly pronunciation) win for the Bobcats! Could be the I-AA win of the year in week 1!:nod: :hurray:

Unless UNH can make some noise at Northwestern this Saturday!:thumbsup:

GAD
September 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
I hate to choose but guess my vote goes to Montana State

blackfordpu
September 3rd, 2006, 10:35 PM
Is it even a question? Montana St. all the way!:hurray:

JALMOND
September 4th, 2006, 02:23 AM
No question. New Mexico does not play in a BCS conference, and one would hardly classify Duke as a BCS team, even though they play in the ACC. Colorado played Texas in the Big 12 championship and also went to a bowl. Buffs fans expect their team to be in the elite of the Big 12 every year.

Richmond did well holding Duke scoreless and Portland State as well in holding New Mexico without a touchdown. But hands down, the clear I-AA team this week was Montana State.

Gil Dobie
September 4th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Maybe Elon? Taking down the Chanticleers at CCU is impressive for a squad that tends to be the least-respected in the SoCon.

Elon played CCU tough last year too, CCU won 17-10.

dbackjon
September 4th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Montana State - beating a Big 12 power is awesome.