PDA

View Full Version : ROOT SPORTS NW Big Sky Schedule For 2013

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Montana and Montana State still carrying the load as would be expected I just tweeted these guys about a week ago saying thanks for the great coverage last year and if you are on twitter and appreciate the group putting the product on across the country on DTV then it sure couldn't hurt to tell them so...no matter what conference you are from.

http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2013/4/18/fb_0418131651.aspx

Band together people and bomb them with praise for their work if you are so inclined the twitter handle is:

@ROOTSPORTS_NW

Their page:
https://twitter.com/ROOTSPORTS_NW

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 18th, 2013, 01:49 PM
How does Cal Poly fail to get a single game?!?! They're the likely preseason favorite....

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
How does Cal Poly fail to get a single game?!?! They're the likely preseason favorite....

yeah that's too bad but I am sure it is due to something with the schedule and the fact that on a weekend when they could have had a game there was probably another game that would appeal to a wider audience?

Most BSC teams have local networks that will pick up the scraps after Root gets their picks and broadcast the games so I'm sure they'll some coverage that way and they will have every game available on BSC TV every week as well.

If you want to watch a Big Sky game there is no excuse for not being able to do so.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
No UND on the schedule...what a joke of a network. They televise 7 different teams, but the conference has 13. Just call it the Montana Network. UND hosts Eastern Washington, Montana, and Montana State but none of these will be on Root.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 18th, 2013, 02:04 PM
No UND on the schedule...what a joke of a network. They televise 7 different teams, but the conference has 13. Just call it the Montana Network. UND hosts Eastern Washington, Montana, and Montana State but none of these will be on Root.

How's that Big Sky workin out for ya? ;)

Lehigh Football Nation
April 18th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Montana and Montana State still carrying the load as would be expected I just tweeted these guys about a week ago saying thanks for the great coverage last year and if you are on twitter and appreciate the group putting the product on across the country on DTV then it sure couldn't hurt to tell them so...no matter what conference you are from.

http://northwest.rootsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25920&ATCLID=205411516

Band together people and bomb them with praise for their work if you are so inclined the twitter handle is:

@ROOTSPORTS_NW

Their page:
https://twitter.com/ROOTSPORTS_NW

Now all we need is some sort of streaming of their games over the internet... :)

Lehigh Football Nation
April 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM

Big confusion here, so let me reprint it in full:

2013 Big Sky Conference Football Schedule on ROOT SPORTS:
Date Matchup Kick Time (MT)
Sept. 26 Cal Poly @ Portland State 8:00pm MT
Sept. 28 Montana @ Northern Arizona 7:00pm MT
Oct. 5 Portland State @ Montana TBD
Oct. 19 Montana State @ Weber State TBD
Oct. 26 Eastern Washington @ Montana TBD
Nov. 2 Montana State @ Northern Colorado TBD
Nov. 9 Montana State @ Eastern Washington TBD
Nov. 16 Eastern Washington @ Cal Poly TBD
Nov. 23 Montana @ Montana State TBD
Nov. 23 Portland State @ Eastern Washington TBD

Two Cal Poly games, no UND games. Of note, UND games are locally produced and broadcast and many, many times end up on one of the Fox Regional networks.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM

The Montana game is not conference is it? They don't have rights to that if not.

Keep bitching about this darell if you'd like but your school still gets to share the bigger pot of money because of what they are able to put up. You do not have the kind of viewership that Montana and Montana State bring to the table and that hurts for sure in the getting the games on.

This is only a small portion of the TV that will be available as I said in the last post. Most other games including the Montana at ND and Montana St. at ND will be televised for you to watch comfortably because both of those schools will again be putting the lions share of their own TV money in your pockets for hosting them.

When the other teams start bringing the viewers and pulling their weight then they'll be on and driving the thing but until then your bitching is pointless and financially wrong for the conference as a whole. Try to get rid of the "me, me" thing when it comes to this. You can watch your team every single week if you want and I'd suggest asking other conferences if they wouldn't trade your lot for theirs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
April 18th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Big confusion here, so let me reprint it in full:

2013 Big Sky Conference Football Schedule on ROOT SPORTS:
Date Matchup Kick Time (MT)
Sept. 26 Cal Poly @ Portland State 8:00pm MT
Sept. 28 Montana @ Northern Arizona 7:00pm MT
Oct. 5 Portland State @ Montana TBD
Oct. 19 Montana State @ Weber State TBD
Oct. 26 Eastern Washington @ Montana TBD
Nov. 2 Montana State @ Northern Colorado TBD
Nov. 9 Montana State @ Eastern Washington TBD
Nov. 16 Eastern Washington @ Cal Poly TBD
Nov. 23 Montana @ Montana State TBD
Nov. 23 Portland State @ Eastern Washington TBD

Two Cal Poly games, no UND games. Of note, UND games are locally produced and broadcast and many, many times end up on one of the Fox Regional networks.

Good catch...the link was to the 2012 schedule....

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 02:11 PM
You know what...I posted alink to the 2012 schedule in the first post...sorry I'll fix that.

MplsBison
April 18th, 2013, 02:12 PM

There really are a precious few people who appreciate college football purely for the sport and enjoy watching it as such.

Those are the people who would want to watch the "best" team. The rest of us, we just like watching our favorite team(s) no matter how well they're playing on the field.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 02:13 PM
How's that Big Sky workin out for ya? ;)

Better than some conferences.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
This will heartily explain the coverage choices:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/541545_10151559081903905_541881443_n.jpg

This is why UND probably wasn't a high priority in terms of ROOT coverage.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Good catch...the link was to the 2012 schedule....

Indeed, I should have just taken it off the BSC tweet instead of googling myself. xlolx

Thanks for the schedule catch LFN.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
The Montana game is not conference is it? They don't have rights to that if not.

Keep bitching about this darell if you'd like but your school still gets to share the bigger pot of money because of what they are able to put up. You do not have the kind of viewership that Montana and Montana State bring to the table and that hurts for sure in the getting the games on.

This is only a small portion of the TV that will be available as I said in the last post. Most other games including the Montana at ND and Montana St. at ND will be televised for you to watch comfortably because both of those schools will again be putting the lions share of their own TV money in your pockets for hosting them.

When the other teams start bringing the viewers and pulling their weight then they'll be on and driving the thing but until then your bitching is pointless and financially wrong for the conference as a whole. Try to get rid of the "me, me" thing when it comes to this. You can watch your team every single week if you want and I'd suggest asking other conferences if they wouldn't trade your lot for theirs.

BS to that comment. UND beat PSU and had a better record and yet they are on 3 times? Its a western bias and it will be mostly Montana and MSU. Plain and simple. Of course UND has backup networks with Midcontinent, and Fox College Sports so that is a good alternative to MFN....Montana Football Network.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 18th, 2013, 02:30 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/541545_10151559081903905_541881443_n.jpg

Yup. Same for Cal Poly.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 02:32 PM
BS to that comment. UND beat PSU and had a better record and yet they are on 3 times? Its a western bias and it will be mostly Montana and MSU. Plain and simple. Of course UND has backup networks with Midcontinent, and Fox College Sports so that is a good alternative to MFN....Montana Football Network.

So what if UND beat who and what the record was overall? That was not the point at all so you can BS to it all you want.

Take a look at LFN map and then try to see what I'm talking about with the most attractive games for that audience.

Jesus Christ it's not hard to see why this company values a certain schedule more than others. They suck because you don't see your team on their but they sure didn't stipulate that your games couldn't be shown on any other network that wants to put your school on so what's the big negative that you are suffering? Nothing...nothing at all.

It is still a benefit to your school with no downside and the bitching and so forth still goes on as if it's some big affront.

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Its a western bias...

Now I am going to have to flag this comment, because on this board, we only reference the East Coast Bias.

Thank you.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
So what if UND beat who and what the record was overall? That was not the point at all so you can BS to it all you want.

Take a look at LFN map and then try to see what I'm talking about with the most attractive games for that audience.

Jesus Christ it's not hard to see why this company values a certain schedule more than others. They suck because you don't see your team on their but they sure didn't stipulate that your games couldn't be shown on any other network that wants to put your school on so what's the big negative that you are suffering? Nothing...nothing at all.

It is still a benefit to your school with no downside and the bitching and so forth still goes on as if it's some big affront.

No downside?? How about recruiting. UND recruits teams in California, Arizona and other western states. No SUU and they are red in the map but not on their schedule. If Montana wasn't on there, would you cry foul or come up with reasons why they weren't on there.

Bisonator
April 18th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Maybe UND needs to do something besides finish mid pack before they start expecting some exposure! :D

NoDak 4 Ever
April 18th, 2013, 03:08 PM
No downside?? How about recruiting. UND recruits teams in California, Arizona and other western states. No SUU and they are red in the map but not on their schedule. If Montana wasn't on there, would you cry foul or come up with reasons why they weren't on there.

Root Sports doesn't go to California or Arizona so how would they see it on TV anyway? I'm as big a sports fan as any but I'm not paying for DirecTV's sports package.

bojeta
April 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Looks like Root Sports went with a simple formula: 1. Win the conference and you get games. 2. High attendance and you get four games. 3. Be located in Portland, and you get three games even if your attendance is low and you finish near the bottom of the pack ;) Actually, Portland just had the advantage of playing all the teams in the first two categories.

darell1976
Root Sports doesn't go to California or Arizona so how would they see it on TV anyway? I'm as big a sports fan as any but I'm not paying for DirecTV's sports package.

I also said other western states.

darell1976
Looks like Root Sports went with a simple formula: 1. Win the conference and you get games. 2. High attendance and you get four games. 3. Be located in Portland, and you get three games even if your attendance is low and you finish near the bottom of the pack ;) Actually, Portland just had the advantage of playing all the teams in the first two categories.

Bingo!!

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM

No I wouldn't because I know that we would be still be receiving the benefit of gaining some financial advantages while not being held back to televising our own games.

Montana, MSU, and several others will not be broadcast in the markets that UND will be with it's own network so should I bitch that it doesn't make sense that Fox Sports doesn't give us better access to recruiting in ND, MN, etc.? Your own teams contract is still in place and is not f'd with in any way so what you had before you still have...no diminished product in that regard.

This is what is best for the conference overall because it best serves the financial aspect of the conference. I'd hate to have you making the financial decisions for the conference overall.

bojeta
April 18th, 2013, 03:18 PM

Yes, but you can order Root Sports on Direct TV anywhere I believe. I have it in Southern California, and watch all the Big Sky games (that are carried by Root). Very good quality broadcast!

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 03:18 PM
No I wouldn't because I know that we would be still be receiving the benefit of gaining some financial advantages while not being held back to televising our own games.

Montana, MSU, and several others will not be broadcast in the markets that UND will be with it's own network so should I bitch that it doesn't make sense that Fox Sports doesn't give us better access to recruiting in ND, MN, etc.? Your own teams contract is still in place and is not f'd with in any way so what you had before you still have...no diminished product in that regard.

This is what is best for the conference overall because it best serves the financial aspect of the conference. I'd hate to have you making the financial decisions for the conference overall.

I know..I would hate to include all 13 teams instead of a select few.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM

Yes. This is what ROOT SPORTS and the BSC see as it's best bets for generating revenue for the conference. Would you disagree with them or are you saying it is what it is?

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I know..I would hate to include all 13 teams instead of a select few.

You don't want them to try and make the most out of it? Got it.

I would see your point if this wasn't a "cherry on top" sort of thing but it is so I don't.

bojeta

I believe I'm paying about $7 extra per month to add Root Sports to my Direct TV contract in Southern California. Well worth it to pick up the Big Sky games, even when Cal Poly's not playing. The fact that they're carrying a couple of our games this year is icing on the cake. Our local TV station carries the Cal Poly home games, but I'm at all the games anyhow. Just nice to be able to DVR them.

Mountaineer
That's a good looking BSC television slate. Must be nice to be able to see your team on that newfangled picture tube contraption. xthumbsupx

bojeta
April 18th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Yes. This is what ROOT SPORTS and the BSC see as it's best bets for generating revenue for the conference. Would you disagree with them or are you saying it is what it is?

I totally agree with Root Sports approach. If they don't make money, they'll go away all together. I'm hoping the conference and Root can grow together, and maybe someday we'll see all the teams on TV.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I believe I'm paying about $7 extra per month to add Root Sports to my Direct TV contract in Southern California. Well worth it to pick up the Big Sky games, even when Cal Poly's not playing. The fact that they're carrying a couple of our games this year is icing on the cake. Our local TV station carries the Cal Poly home games, but I'm at all the games anyhow. Just nice to be able to DVR them.

Our tactics seem exactly he same. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
April 18th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Our tactics seem exactly he same. xlolx

I'm a cheap ***. NDSU's games are all on GoBison.com or ESPN3 so it's not terribly worth it to me.

darell1976
I totally agree with Root Sports approach. If they don't make money, they'll go away all together. I'm hoping the conference and Root can grow together, and maybe someday we'll see all the teams on TV.

We get to see Northern Colorado this year...let's hope for Idaho State next year.

ursus arctos horribilis

That sir is spot freakin' on and the same thing I am going for. You have to appreciate the effort they are making and hope that it can grow...well I guess you don't have to but it's short sighted and selfish not to.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 03:29 PM
We get to see Northern Colorado this year...let's hope for Idaho State next year.

On that weekend darell what game would you have chosen that would do better considering the parameters they are clearly working under? Make your case instead of just bitching.

tourguide
April 18th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Better than some conferences.

but not better than the ncc right Roger?

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Listen..the SLC Network makes sure to include each team, and there was a great SFA vs UCA match up that should have been shown on TV..but instead..they showed Nicholls at Lamar. YAWN.

The point is, the best match ups should be shown. In order to generate ratings, you have to have conference wide interest. Portland State benefits from their placement in the market, but who wouldn't want to watch the top BSC teams week in and week out (that's not alumni of another school)

I wouldn't mind seeing SFA and Sam shown every week on the SLC Network along with UCA and McNeese...SELA too. I don't think I'd really care to watch Lamar or Nicholls play anyone.

bojeta
April 18th, 2013, 03:39 PM
That sir is spot freakin' on and the same thing I am going for. You have to appreciate the effort they are making and hope that it can grow...well I guess you don't have to but it's short sighted and selfish not to.

I just realized how sweet this year's Root Sports schedule is!! The only away games I was not planning on attending were Portland State, and Northern CO. Now I'll only miss a single game this season!! Very cool!

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Listen..the SLC Network makes sure to include each team, and there was a great SFA vs UCA match up that should have been shown on TV..but instead..they showed Nicholls at Lamar. YAWN.

The point is, the best match ups should be shown. In order to generate ratings, you have to have conference wide interest. Portland State benefits from their placement in the market, but who wouldn't want to watch the top BSC teams week in and week out (that's not alumni of another school)

I wouldn't mind seeing SFA and Sam shown every week on the SLC Network along with UCA and McNeese...SELA too. I don't think I'd really care to watch Lamar or Nicholls play anyone.

That's the thing. Root shows the games they choose for money purposes. Every other team can show any other game they want to and most can pick up those games if they choose to. Then, as if that it isn't enough, you can watch any game that is not shown on Roots on the BSC TV network. There is not one game that you ca not see if you choose to watch it and that school actually has someone that wants to broadcast it.

FargoBison
April 18th, 2013, 03:47 PM

UND's deal with Fox Sports is dead, they now have a TV deal with a regional cable company(Midco).

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 03:50 PM
On that weekend darell what game would you have chosen that would do better considering the parameters they are clearly working under? Make your case instead of just bitching.

UND at NAU
CP at UCD
UM at Sac St

Since its the 6th week of conference play and with playoffs and a conference title in sight...Sorry but UNC isn't going to be one of the teams in the fight.

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 03:52 PM
UND at NAU
CP at UCD
UM at Sac St

Since its the 6th week of conference play and with playoffs and a conference title in sight...Sorry but UNC isn't going to be one of the teams in the fight.

The best game out of that would be CP and UCD...

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM
UM at Sac St

I took out the two games that didn't fit the part "parameters" of what this company appears to be focused on at this period in time due to it's overall footprint and viewership criteria.

Now with that game that is left would I personally rather see that on there? Sure I would. I can overlook my own personal desire and realize that I will still not only see the game i'd rather see there but now see it anyway plus the other one.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 18th, 2013, 03:58 PM

I think UM/Sac St. UCD is kind of a dud but if UM has a resurgence, that would be a good game.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 04:01 PM

It would be if you ignored the map and it's target area. For instance root seems to have much coverage of The Mariners however I never see any Twins stuff.

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 04:04 PM
It would be if you ignored the map and it's target area. For instance root seems to have much coverage of The Mariners however I never see any Twins stuff.

True. Just looking at the fact that it is an in state game and isn't it a rivalry?

But according to the parameters, it is UM and Sac state.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I took out the two games that didn't fit the part "parameters" of what this company appears to be focused on at this period in time due to it's overall footprint and viewership criteria.

Now with that game that is left would I personally rather see that on there? Sure I would. I can overlook my own personal desire and realize that I will still not only see the game i'd rather see there but now see it anyway plus the other one.

I get what Root is doing (bojeta covered that), but I would like more variety in televised games than the same ones. I understand having Montana, MSU, and EWU on tv since they are the powerhouses of the conference and now Cal Poly is up there but televising them against UNC? Come on. I hope the Root Company enjoyed the UND/Montana game last season that would put UND on at least against EWU or Montana State (since I understand your comment about why UND/UM wouldn't be on because its nc). Living in Fargo with no Midco or Directv I am limited to Big Sky tv or Root for UND football. There may be a small chance it shows up on Fox College Sports, but the odds aren't great. Guess I got a little pissy and I apologize.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 04:13 PM
True. Just looking at the fact that it is an in state game and isn't it a rivalry?

Yes it's a secondary rivalry to Sac St./UCD but a great matchup and good rivalry as well.

As I've said too, the beauty is you, me, or anyone else can choose to watch that one if we want to. Hell I've had 4 BSC games rolling at once a lot of times. xlolx

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2013, 04:26 PM

I'm sorry, but most networks like to schedule winners. ;)

This isn't a shot at UND just because it is UND.

I'm jealous of the television exposure that the BSC gets from ROOT Sports, and wish the MVFC could get some, but in the end, you have to be a winner to get the money to start talking.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry, but most networks like to schedule winners. ;)

Ha ha.

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Ha ha.

Go re-read my edited post since your quote.

CrazyCat
April 18th, 2013, 04:34 PM

Off subject, but what is SFA's TV schedule ? What are the chances the MSU game will be televised or available online ?

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I get what Root is doing (bojeta covered that), but I would like more variety in televised games than the same ones. I understand having Montana, MSU, and EWU on tv since they are the powerhouses of the conference and now Cal Poly is up there but televising them against UNC? Come on. I hope the Root Company enjoyed the UND/Montana game last season that would put UND on at least against EWU or Montana State (since I understand your comment about why UND/UM wouldn't be on because its nc). Living in Fargo with no Midco or Directv I am limited to Big Sky tv or Root for UND football. There may be a small chance it shows up on Fox College Sports, but the odds aren't great. Guess I got a little pissy and I apologize.

UNC and Idaho State are not the lemmings you percieve them to be as far as the rest of the conference mates goes just by virtue of tenure in te conference....obviously UNC much less than all the other long term teams in the BSC but you just develop a natural interest in seeing them somewhat because you've seen them in the past on your slate every year.

It's one reason I value CP, UCD, and SUU is because of my history of seeing them over seeing UM?UND. UND made a great impression last year and that of course is changing but history, even shallow history does make me want to see these teams play so I could be wrong but you may not be taking that into account when you are talking about ID State and UNC as far as just being clunkers based on your perception.

UNC could be a real problem considering the high note they finished on last year so as a fan I wouldn't just discount them just yet.

Apology unecessary but accepted. Just trying to challenge your "Roots sucks" thing by having you look at it from a less personal perspective and see that we have a pretty good thing as far as watching our teams. I consider us pretty lucky to have a 3 tier option to see bSC teams because a game would have to slip through many fingers to not be accesible and as you pointed out even with your objections you will still see all of UND's games in one fashion or another. Not a bad place to be in my book.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Off subject, but what is SFA's TV schedule ? What are the chances the MSU game will be televised or available online ?

Even if SFA isn't gonna have TV I'll bet the station that normally bids on MSU's games (forgot which one) will still televise it as a last resort wouldn't you think?

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 04:49 PM
UNC and Idaho State are not the lemmings you percieve them to be as far as the rest of the conference mates goes just by virtue of tenure in te conference....obviously UNC much less than all the other long term teams in the BSC but you just develop a natural interest in seeing them somewhat because you've seen them in the past on your slate every year.

It's one reason I value CP, UCD, and SUU is because of my history of seeing them over seeing UM?UND. UND made a great impression last year and that of course is changing but history, even shallow history does make me want to see these teams play so I could be wrong but you may not be taking that into account when you are talking about ID State and UNC as far as just being clunkers based on your perception.

UNC could be a real problem considering the high note they finished on last year so as a fan I wouldn't just discount them just yet.

Apology unecessary but accepted. Just trying to challenge your "Roots sucks" thing by having you look at it from a less personal perspective and see that we have a pretty good thing as far as watching our teams. I consider us pretty lucky to have a 3 tier option to see bSC teams because a game would have to slip through many fingers to not be accesible and as you pointed out even with your objections you will still see all of UND's games in one fashion or another. Not a bad place to be in my book.

The thing that surprised me was the Root footprint. So after that and going by their "rules" for televising games (picking the better rated ones, etc.) I can understand why UND wasn't picked and hopefully UND will change that and challenge not only for a playoff berth but for a conference title. I just can't wait to get this season started.

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Go re-read my edited post since your quote.

I don't mind the shots at UND. Root likes to see winners and we don't have the impressive DI resume...yet.

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2013, 04:51 PM
The thing that surprised me was the Root footprint. So after that and going by their "rules" for televising games (picking the better rated ones, etc.) I can understand why UND wasn't picked and hopefully UND will change that and challenge not only for a playoff berth but for a conference title. I just can't wait to get this season started.

Honestly I'd bet the footprint has a larger part that winning/losing. Although I'd guess when a team wins more they will have a larger following.

Want to know the worst part about living in North Dakota? It's North Dakota.

Want to know the best part about living in North Dakota? It's North Dakota.

Location, Location, Location.

administrator
April 18th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Now all we need is some sort of streaming of their games over the internet... :)

This would be incredibly sweet but I already have DTV so if you didn't have it and it was a package you could purchase it would be pretty cool but I don't know if that could/would be done.

CrazyCat
April 18th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Even if SFA isn't gonna have TV I'll bet the station that normally bids on MSU's games (forgot which one) will still televise it as a last resort wouldn't you think?

I hope so, but thought it might be kinda pricey to send a whole crew, instead of just paying for the feed from their broadcast. ?????????????

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM
This would be incredibly sweet but I already have DTV so if you didn't have it and it was a package you could purchase it would be pretty cool but I don't know if that could/would be done.

Ooops. I was on the wrong browser when I quoted that one. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I hope so, but thought it might be kinda pricey to send a whole crew, instead of just paying for the feed from their broadcast. ?????????????

Yeah I imagine it would be but I was implying as a last ditch in case it was not covered locally in TX. If there were no other coverage then no other bids so they would probably still be able to make it work and in fact give it to SFA fans on a feed so a win-win there as well. I'm just unfamiliar with what SFA does for their broadcasts so TheRev needs to step in and pick up the slack here!

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Ooops. I was on the wrong browser when I quoted that one. xlolx

Power abuse! You dick! xlolx

frozennorth
April 18th, 2013, 05:11 PM

und ewu and und msu were awful, uncompetetive and uninteresting games, why would they want to air that again?

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Power abuse! You dick! xlolx

The fist of justice is getting warmed up. Hell, I'm surprised I don't do that more often considering the number of tabs open on two dfferent browsers I don't know how do it.:D

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2013, 05:18 PM
The fist of justice is getting warmed up. Hell, I'm surprised I don't do that more often considering the number of tabs open on two dfferent browsers I don't know how do it.:D

Since I've yet to get a warning, that fist is very far from me. Hopefully it means a certain Bison fan is on a short leash! :D

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 05:37 PM

It'll be available online. Probably not on local tv unless the SLC network covers it.

If it is online I will give you my login so you don't have to pay.

However I recommend making the trip down and tailgating with us

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 05:40 PM
und ewu and und msu were awful, uncompetetive and uninteresting games, why would they want to air that again?

Those games were not on Root they were on Big Sky TV. The UND/Montana game was the only UND game on Root.

frozennorth
April 18th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Those games were not on Root they were on Big Sky TV. The UND/Montana game was the only UND game on Root.
allow me to reask the question, so i don't distract you with poor grammar. Why would they want to air those games? They were awful last year.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Since I've yet to get a warning, that fist is very far from me. Hopefully it means a certain Bison fan is on a short leash! :D

Warnings rarely happen because conversations are much more productive.

Anyway back to the regularly scheduled topic. Good lord I can get everything off track quickly.

I think the Bobcat fans will enjoy the Root presence and tailgate at Bobcat stadium this year. They do a pretty good job with that at the Griz/Cat game.

CrazyCat
April 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
It'll be available online. Probably not on local tv unless the SLC network covers it.

Thanks. I'd love to make it down there but it's not real feasible with my son playing on friday nights this fall.

NoCoDanny
April 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM

Scoreboard... never thought I'd say that to someone on here. xlolx

BisonFan02
April 18th, 2013, 08:33 PM

xlolx

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 09:04 PM

Wow you beat us for the first time in over a decade. Don't get use to it.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Wow you beat us for the first time in over a decade. Don't get use to it.

Holy smokes darell, sometimes it's better to just take the punch and say "good one" cuz the opposite looks petty in face of the fact. xlolx

NoCoDanny, good one.

Southern Bison
April 18th, 2013, 09:38 PM

It's 9:30 already...would someone else get darell's bottle?

http://www.extremesavingswithdivadesirae.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pull-up.jpg

It's simple logic...Root Sports doesn't broadcast in ND unless you have the "every sports channel" package from DirecTV/Dish/Cable. Why would Fox Sports Carolina or Fox Sports AZ broadcast a game that doesn't have both teams based in their geographical broadcast area?

SDFS
April 18th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Holy smokes darell, sometimes it's better to just take the punch and say "good one" cuz the opposite looks petty in face of the fact. xlolx

NoCoDanny, good one.

Apparently - Danny nor the refs know how to count to 12. But, hey its Greeley what do you expect.

BisonFan02
April 18th, 2013, 09:42 PM

NoCoDanny, good one.

This....NoCo even poked fun at himself as well.

SDFS
April 18th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I am fine with the ROOT schedule because every time they put a UND home game on ROOT. They take a UND game off of Midco Sports Net. Midco does not have the overall reach of ROOT. But, UND has a 5 year/$1 million contract with Midco to broadcast approximately 45 UND home games (football, M/W basketball, and hockey). Plus, UND gets money from the BigSky/ROOT contract and the NCHC/CBSSportsNetwork contracts. Not too bad for mid major school.

Just a little information about Midco - they are a cable provider in North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota. I don't believe that Midco cable is offered in the Twin Cities. But, I did heard radio advertisements for Midco last month during my morning commute and I looked on line and it does appear that they have three location in the metro. So, they could be moving into the Twin Cities market soon.

http://www.undsports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205498613&SPSID=58715&SPID=6409&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500

NOTE: HD broadcasts are starting this year.

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks. I'd love to make it down there but it's not real feasible with my son playing on friday nights this fall.

Skip a game. Come to Texas.

TheRevSFA
April 18th, 2013, 10:09 PM

Well done Danny. I repped the tits off of this...well I only have 13 points to give but I hope others step up too

darell1976
April 18th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Apparently - Danny nor the refs know how to count to 12. But, hey its Greeley what do you expect.

Now now we can't blame the refs or we turn into a Bison fan.

gotts
April 18th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Now now we can't blame the refs or we turn into a Bison fan.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAvTWv8CMAA9D7a.jpg

Did darell say something? Didn't think so :D

Walkon79
April 18th, 2013, 11:21 PM

Bobcat Nation is reporting that all non-root games will be on Max Media Montana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
April 18th, 2013, 11:44 PM
The thing about ROOT games that aggravate me a little is that the REST of the Big Sky games stream so great on Big Sky TV's streaming solution! As an East Coaster with FIOS that doesn't carry ROOT, I have to stream the games, and I get 80% of them... just not the ROOT games... which are generally the Games of the Week. Heck, I'd consider paying just to stream them!

darell1976
April 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAvTWv8CMAA9D7a.jpg

Did darell say something? Didn't think so :D

The one championship looks familiar...which one was sent to Grand Forks by the NCAA? :D

NoDak 4 Ever
April 19th, 2013, 07:37 AM
The one championship looks familiar...which one was sent to Grand Forks by the NCAA? :D

That was a stupid decorative banner that hung in the NCAA HQ. GF will never see a trophy like that unless it's at the Scheels for a photo op.

I had to say it.

darell1976
April 19th, 2013, 08:03 AM
That was a stupid decorative banner that hung in the NCAA HQ. GF will never see a trophy like that unless it's at the Scheels for a photo op.

I had to say it.

Didn't you guys say that in DII?

ursus arctos horribilis
April 19th, 2013, 11:59 AM
This damn well ain't gonna be a UND/NDSU thread so cut the ****.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 19th, 2013, 12:03 PM

Which is why I ended my participation with one comment.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 19th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Which is why I ended my participation with one comment.

Nicely done.

darell1976
April 19th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Ah c'mon every thread that involves UND becomes an NDSU/UND thread. This one had some good ol shots back and forth. But okay I will stop on my end. Can we have our ball back UAH?:D

ursus arctos horribilis
April 19th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Ah c'mon every thread that involves UND becomes an NDSU/UND thread. This one had some good ol shots back and forth. But okay I will stop on my end. Can we have our ball back UAH?:D

Yeah it wasn't bad by any means....yet. xlolx

Here ya go.
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1236766888_kid-gets-hit-by-ball.gif

darell1976
April 19th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah it wasn't bad by any means....yet. xlolx

Here ya go.
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1236766888_kid-gets-hit-by-ball.gif

Thanks Biff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bknOCO-sMO0

BisonFan02
April 19th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Vers da puck?? :D

CrazyCat
April 23rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Bobcat Nation is reporting that all non-root games will be on Max Media Montana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobcat Beat reported that, as of now, only the home games will be on Max.