#8 James Madison 1-0
#25 Richmond 1-0
Towson 1-0
Delaware 0-0
Villanova 0-1
William & Mary 0-1

TigerFan17
September 2nd, 2006, 10:02 PM
I think we really established ourselves as a true member of A-10 football with tonights win. We had several key players out with injury and still showed up strongly.

Also, way to go Richmond and W&M for a nice effort!

JMU.....yikes.

greenG
September 2nd, 2006, 10:43 PM
I think we really established ourselves as a true member of A-10 football with tonights win. We had several key players out with injury and still showed up strongly.
I'd like to agree but, when was the last time the Morgan State football team any good. I would have been more impressed if you'd beaten their world famous choir.

GaSouthern
September 2nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
JMU is in trouble but RICHMOND!!! Paycheck, WIN and a SHUTOUT! Way to get your cake and eat it too!

JMU Duke Dog
September 2nd, 2006, 10:53 PM
If JMU plays the rest of the season like it did tonight, then the Dukes will not finish any better than 3-5 in A10 games in 2006.

blukeys
September 2nd, 2006, 10:55 PM
I'm glad we didn't play!!!!!!!!

This has not been a good week for the A-10. Hofsta and JMU did not impress. W&M stayed close but MARYLAND was beatable. Towson beat a team they should beat. Nova was spanked as was URI. Only Umass looked dominant against a decent team.

The one truly positive note of course was Richmond over Duke. Personally, considering Duke's problems I considered Richmond as the favorite and the better team from the get go.

Of course next week will be a different story. I believe UNH can take Northwestern. This would be huge. I-AA has had a good weekend especially Montana State. Everyone needs to take care of business, Best of luck to all!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Tribe4SF
September 2nd, 2006, 11:11 PM
I'm glad we didn't play!!!!!!!!

This has not been a good week for the A-10. Hofsta and JMU did not impress. W&M stayed close but MARYLAND was beatable. Towson beat a team they should beat. Nova was spanked as was URI. Only Umass looked dominant against a decent team.

The one truly positive note of course was Richmond over Duke. Personally, considering Duke's problems I considered Richmond as the favorite and the better team from the get go.

Of course next week will be a different story. I believe UNH can take Northwestern. This would be huge. I-AA has had a good weekend especially Montana State. Everyone needs to take care of business, Best of luck to all!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Maryland is a pretty good football team. Better than they were last year.

blukeys
September 2nd, 2006, 11:18 PM
Maryland is a pretty good football team. Better than they were last year.

I agree. But I thought they were beatable by W&M. Do you disagree?????

Glad to see Mike Potts getting a shot at the end and coming thru!!!!!

mainejeff
September 3rd, 2006, 12:21 AM
Maine over Youngstown State would be HUGE for the A-10 IMO. It's gonna be rough though.......

TigerFan17
September 3rd, 2006, 12:53 AM
I'd like to agree but, when was the last time the Morgan State football team any good. I would have been more impressed if you'd beaten their world famous choir.

:rolleyes:

Its a rivalry game. Our D shut them out this time...which they should. It basically means that we are above the emotion part of the game and are much more talented, to the point where emotions can't change the game. Come one, use your SAT skills to put it together.

Heres a question for you: When was the last time Bloomsburg was any good? Maybe you should be more worried about your VA brethren.

BTW...UMD game was winnable. You win yours, we'll win ours. :rolleyes:

Again, way to go UR....definitely the team to beat this year!

bkrownd
September 3rd, 2006, 01:07 AM
Don't go getting your undies in a bunch, Tiger Fan. We already considered you a true member of the A-10. You get that by playing an A-10 schedule. I remember the Tiggerz held their own last year. :)

Tribe4SF
September 3rd, 2006, 07:17 AM
I agree. But I thought they were beatable by W&M. Do you disagree?????

Glad to see Mike Potts getting a shot at the end and coming thru!!!!!

Having seen them, I would disagree.

Mike looked good til his last pass. Badly missed a wide-open Elliott Mack for a TD.

LetsGoNova
September 3rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
I would disagree that 'Nova was "spanked". We actually had more total yards than UCF and held a 6 minute advantage in time of possession. Both of our lines more than held their own, which is a great sign after the problems of the last few years. I think things look bright on the Main Line. We'll know a lot more after the Lehigh game next weekend.

Old Cage
September 3rd, 2006, 10:15 AM
What, no love for UMass over The Middies? ;)

TigerFan17
September 3rd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Don't go getting your undies in a bunch, Tiger Fan. We already considered you a true member of the A-10. You get that by playing an A-10 schedule. I remember the Tiggerz held their own last year. :)

I don't think we'll be a true member till we can do what the other true members can do in this league, and that is give any team a run for its money...(save for URI). Hopefully this is our season to play with emotion, but prove that its not just emotion getting us W's.

Not getting ahead of myself either....especially heading to Elon, who just came off a win over CCU and can be dangerous.

We have a rough tail end of the schedule too...thats when we'll see what kind of depth we're working with.

Oh yah, and way to go UMass for takin down the non-conference foe!

DTSpider
September 3rd, 2006, 03:56 PM
JMU is in trouble but RICHMOND!!! Paycheck, WIN and a SHUTOUT! Way to get your cake and eat it too!

Thanks. Definitely a good day. Also a nice start for the freshman QB.

Tribe4SF
September 3rd, 2006, 05:12 PM
Spiders are positioned as I thought they'd be. Offensive production will have to keep building for them to win the South.

Tribe got alot of questions answered against Maryland. I'm more optimistic. Some costly mistakes by youngsters, but the team played with good intensity and did some things very well on both sides. Phillips and Potts have both matured and gotten better. MD was likely the best defense we'll face, and overall the most physical team.

charliej
September 3rd, 2006, 06:13 PM
I would disagree that 'Nova was "spanked". We actually had more total yards than UCF and held a 6 minute advantage in time of possession. Both of our lines more than held their own, which is a great sign after the problems of the last few years. I think things look bright on the Main Line. We'll know a lot more after the Lehigh game next weekend.

Was at the game LGN,and I agree 100%. Game was actually closer than final indicated.Didn't ever expect a win,but I wasn't expecting to be within 12 midway through the 4th either. If not for the tipped-ball INT....oh well.

Lehigh is next & I feel a whole lot better than I did last November.:thumbsup:

I'd also like to congatulate Richmond for a great win. Way to go Spiders!