http://www.unpackinit.com/mediaplayer?post_id=1158

BisonFan02
April 15th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Summary? What for?

Twentysix
April 15th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Summary? What for?

New offensive coordinator obviously.

UNI's DC became our Linebacker coach, Apps head coach will become our OC?
xpeacex

BisonFan02
April 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I listened. Moore/Bohl connection from Nebraska, and Moore is coming out here for a few days to watch some practices and visit with team. I don't believe anything more than that. Pretty cool though.

Twentysix
April 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I got through like 3 1/2 minutes and nothing of merit had been uttered by either party. I'm just going to take your word for it.

MarkyMark
April 15th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Summary? What for?

Sounds like Moore is going to talk about what it takes to 3-Peat plus why App. didn't 4-Peat. Moore didn't say it but with their big win against Michigan I am guessing there will be some talk about how to prepare for the K-State game.

justintyem
April 15th, 2013, 05:31 PM
New offensive coordinator obviously.
UNI's DC became our Linebacker coach, Apps head coach will become our OC?
xpeacexSince when???

RadioFan
April 15th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Coach Moore spoke out UNCC last week. He's going on a speaking tour during spring training.

344Johnson
April 15th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Good opportunity for the team to get to chat with a FCS coaching legend. Maybe give NDSU some tips on how to play against that SoCon speed ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
April 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Good opportunity for the team to get to chat with a FCS coaching legend. Maybe give NDSU some tips on how to play against that SoCon speed ;)

Maybe have Gene saunter over with a contract for Offensive quality control/asst HC. Get him his 4th ring this year.

tourguide
April 15th, 2013, 05:51 PM
UNI's DC became our Linebacker coach

FAIL

Lehigh Football Nation
April 15th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Maybe putting a good word for his son to get on the coaching staff?

Too soon?

Twentysix
April 15th, 2013, 08:34 PM
FAIL

Your cruise control to cool is stuck. Defensive backs coach.

Being that he is coming as a motivational speaker, this is probably better suited for the lounge.

T-Dog
April 15th, 2013, 11:25 PM

Too soon?

Don't worry, that joke has been made many times already and will be made many more times.

What Jerry does is fine with me. He's technically still on App St payroll until July 1st, but that's just a formality.

I hope he enjoys retirement. He'll be getting some sweet pension checks from the state of North Carolina for being a state employee for over 20 years. He needs to sit back and enjoy life.

ASUMountaineer
April 16th, 2013, 08:53 AM

Too soon?

Nah, the problem was that it wasn't soon enough. xnodx

Herder
April 16th, 2013, 12:14 PM
I herd that Bohl is bringing Jerry in to meet the kids and learn the defense to lock down the 3-peat, while Bohl takes a 1 year sabatical.

ThompsonThe
April 17th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Just hope he doesn't forget where he is. He is there to get information not to give information.

ASUMountaineer
April 18th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Just hope he doesn't forget where he is. He is there to get information not to give information.

Did you listen to his interview on "Unpacking it?" He seems to be getting over the separation...I don't think he would do such a thing...especially if it involved harming Scott's chance at success.

Rekdiver
April 18th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Jerry is starting to see that ther is plenty to do without all of the football related work. He's been to the Carribbean, plenty of golf and coaches are asking him to take a look at practices and give an inspirational message. He would coach again but quite frankly I'm not sure other than UNCC or another start up where he would be a major help. He will really get the itch once August rolls around but he ought to just enjoy his retirement. A consultants role would be excellent.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Did you listen to his interview on "Unpacking it?" He seems to be getting over the separation...I don't think he would do such a thing...especially if it involved harming Scott's chance at success.

What I don't understand is how in the hell anything he would be doing with NDSU or telling them could harm App anyway? You guys won't be playing in any form next year so unless he stops by UM's office and trades some notes it doesn't have a thing to do with ASU...unless you guys are talking about something else and I'm just not seeing it?

NoDak 4 Ever
April 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Jerry is starting to see that ther is plenty to do without all of the football related work. He's been to the Carribbean, plenty of golf and coaches are asking him to take a look at practices and give an inspirational message. He would coach again but quite frankly I'm not sure other than UNCC or another start up where he would be a major help. He will really get the itch once August rolls around but he ought to just enjoy his retirement. A consultants role would be excellent.

Like I said. Offensive quality control would be quite a nice cushy job.

What I don't understand is how in the hell anything he would be doing with NDSU or telling them could harm App anyway? You guys won't be playing in any form next year so unless he stops by UM's office and trades some notes it doesn't have a thing to do with ASU...unless you guys are talking about something else and I'm just not seeing it?

Yeah, that's pretty weird. App is a non-entity now.

ASUMountaineer
April 18th, 2013, 12:48 PM

Well, I'm not talking about anything except addressing ThompsonThe's comments. I don't think there's anything that Coach Moore could share that would harm App, but my main point was that I don't think that should be a concern at all given the type of man JM is.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Well, I'm not talking about anything except addressing ThompsonThe's comments. I don't think there's anything that Coach Moore could share that would harm App, but my main point was that I don't think that should be a concern at all given the type of man JM is.

Agreed and I was pretty much forming that reply to TT but it looked like you were kind of in agreement that it would be a bad deal and since there was no chance of those two teams playing anyway I didn't get it.

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2013, 12:58 PM
If anything, App State should be proud that their awesome head coach is wanted around the country to advise coaching staffs... Even one of the best at NDSU wants to talk to him.

Nexus 4

ASUMountaineer
April 18th, 2013, 12:59 PM
If anything, App State should be proud that their awesome head coach is wanted around the country to advise coaching staffs... Even one of the best at NDSU wants to talk to him.

I agree. I'm not surprised that coaches want to bring in a legendary coach for pep talks and advice. I would.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I agree. I'm not surprised that coaches want to bring in a legendary coach for pep talks and advice. I would.

It was very apparent when Coach Bohl was interviewed before the champ game on the show that his respect for and kinship with Coach Moore was extremely genuine. Since coaches Moore and Bohl are both quite genuine articles I can see why they'd both find a lot of value in getting together and hashing out some notes, polishing up some things, and just shootin' the breeze.

ASUMountaineer
April 18th, 2013, 02:38 PM
It was very apparent when Coach Bohl was interviewed before the champ game on the show that his respect for and kinship with Coach Moore was extremely genuine. Since coaches Moore and Bohl are both quite genuine articles I can see why they'd both find a lot of value in getting together and hashing out some notes, polishing up some things, and just shootin' the breeze.

Yup, and if I'm not mistaken Bohl played college where Moore was an assistant. Long ties.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Yup, and if I'm not mistaken Bohl played college where Moore was an assistant. Long ties.

Yes, it was one the things he (Bohl) quickly pointed out on The Wedge when Kevin and Emory were interviewing him last year and Moore also pointed that out on this other program. Mutual respect/admiration is fairly apparent.

Mountaineer
April 18th, 2013, 03:37 PM

Yup, other than a few whiners when Coach was down at UNCC, I think most App fans see it as something to take pride in. I think it's great that other coaches think enough of JM, and what he accomplished at App, to want the man to make an appearance.

IBleedYellow
April 18th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Let's just put it this way: I'd pay lots of money to be the fly on the wall when they get together. That'd be a lot of football knowledge, not to mention 5 FCS Championships sitting in one room.

mgbison
April 19th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Coaches do this kinda of stuff every offseason. I know some of NDSU's coaches spent time at Ohio State and Ohio this year. I don't know where they've been in the past, but every team does this every year. I'd imagine it helps build relationships and gives coaches more connections, just like any other job.

FargoBison
April 24th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Coach Moore was in Fargo today....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIqFThuCUAAuJTF.jpg

Moore is an interesting guy. He apparently didn’t leave Appalachian on his terms but he also won’t compromise the school in any way, either. He said he wouldn’t have come here if App State hadn’t made the move to FBS. In other words, even though he’s no longer head coach and some say was pushed out because he wasn’t in favor of the school going FBS, he’s still mindful that a trip to another rival FCS school could be considered helping somebody other than the Mountaineers.

Moore talked to the players Tuesday night on the dangers of distractions. He told me that, yes, his program did win three straight FCS titles, but the talent was there to do five straight. Montana beat App State in the final seconds one year in the playoffs and a lack of focus by both players and coaches was the problem in 2008, one year after the third straight title.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2013/04/24/some-moore-advice/#comments

Thundar
April 24th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Coach Moore was in Fargo today....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIqFThuCUAAuJTF.jpg

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2013/04/24/some-moore-advice/#comments

sounds like a damn classy guy, Appy was lucky to have him and I hope Bohl follows in his footsteps of success

IBleedYellow
April 24th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I wish that I could have seen him somewhere around town. Damn.

ursus arctos horribilis
April 25th, 2013, 12:29 AM
He sure seemed like a damn fine feller when me and the other MT hooligans met him on the field at App last year. His wife is also very gracious and nice as hell. If any of you don't know the story about the Georgia Southern guy that got hurt at Appalachian a few years back then hopefully one of those guys will post the story or article.

He was an unmistakable asset to App and FCS in general as was his wife.

ASUMountaineer
April 25th, 2013, 07:48 AM
He sure seemed like a damn fine feller when me and the other MT hooligans met him on the field at App last year. His wife is also very gracious and nice as hell. If any of you don't know the story about the Georgia Southern guy that got hurt at Appalachian a few years back then hopefully one of those guys will post the story or article.

He was an unmistakable asset to App and FCS in general as was his wife.

Agreed. And, this is why we all hope the fences will be mended and we can him back under the App fold. I don't know if the offer to be an "Athletic Ambassador" is still on the table, but we all hope that it would be if he becomes interested.