PDA

View Full Version : UMass-Colgate images up

Umass74
September 2nd, 2006, 07:04 PM
I have some UMass-Colgate images up on my UMass Football Blog (http://www.umass74.blogspot.com/).

Right click on any image for a larger view!

Overcast and windy with some light showers. UMass was in control all the way.

Both sides played good defense. Think Colgate will do well in the rest of their schedule.

blukeys
September 2nd, 2006, 07:22 PM
I have some UMass-Colgate images up on my UMass Football Blog (http://www.umass74.blogspot.com/).

Right click on any image for a larger view!

Overcast and windy with some light showers. UMass was in control all the way.

Both sides played good defense. Think Colgate will do well in the rest of their schedule.

Thanx for the effort 74. That's the way I see it as well. Can you imagine this game without the New Field Turf???????

2 teams slogging around in the McQuirk Mud!!!xlolx xlolx

umassfan
September 2nd, 2006, 07:23 PM
Thanx for the effort 74. That's the way I see it as well. Can you imagine this game without the New Field Turf???????

2 teams slogging around in the McQuirk Mud!!!xlolx xlolx
The rain held off for most of the game

Umass74
September 2nd, 2006, 07:35 PM
hanx for the effort 74. That's the way I see it as well. Can you imagine this game without the New Field Turf???????

2 teams slogging around in the McQuirk Mud!!!

The rain held off mostly. But the field would have been soft because --well because it was always soft from the high water table.

It would have been chewed up by the end of the game. The new turf looked great! No more mud games. :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Umass74
September 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
The rain held off mostly. But the field would have been soft because --well because it was always soft from the high water table.

This may amuse anyone who saw the old field.

I talked to the crew doing the installation of the field turf.They told me they had a hellava time setting the supports for the goal posts.

They said, "The bleepin' hole kept filling up with bleepin' water!"

Note that it had not rained in a week. xlolx

bkrownd
September 2nd, 2006, 08:34 PM
Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer grass and mud. (Like when the field was up around Whitmore. :) ) Clean uni's are for California girlie-men. ;)

blukeys
September 2nd, 2006, 08:37 PM
This may amuse anyone who saw the old field.

I talked to the crew doing the installation of the field turf.They told me they had a hellava time setting the supports for the goal posts.

They said, "The bleepin' hole kept filling up with bleepin' water!"

Note that it had not rained in a week. xlolx

That is VERY FUNNY. Sounds like Newark!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Umass74
September 2nd, 2006, 08:47 PM
Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer grass and mud. Like when the field was up around Whitmore. Clean uni's are for California girlie-men.

Even I'm not old enough to remember when the field was next to Whitmore. :p

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2006, 11:35 PM
Colgate's new uniforms a big improvement. Always preferred the traditional dark maroon and snow white to the gray/silver and lighter maroon we have worn at times. :twocents:

Hansel
September 2nd, 2006, 11:59 PM
any attendance figures? Bleachers look kind of empty

umassfan
September 3rd, 2006, 12:08 AM
any attendance figures? Bleachers look kind of empty
Thats because you only see the away side. The attendance was 8191. Rain aways keeps a good amount away.

bkrownd
September 3rd, 2006, 12:55 AM
The visitor grandstand is usually empty unless Delaware (and at one time Connecticut) is in town. It's also fricken hot on that side when the sun is out,
with all that shiny metal around you.

bkrownd
September 3rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
Even I'm not old enough to remember when the field was next to Whitmore. :p

Our department had a collection of M.A.C. and UMass yearbooks going way back. The old pictures were neat.

Delaware Ghostrider II
September 3rd, 2006, 03:44 PM
Im glad UD didn't open this weekend...wonder how our field will hold up this year.....xlolx

Old Cage
September 3rd, 2006, 04:21 PM
"when the field was next to Whitmore"

First game I went to there was a mud pile - fall of 1957 against AIC (I think). I was a high school senior visiting for a weekend.

The ref went down hard right right in front of us and died on the spot. Heart attack running around in the rain and mud.

Nice intro to UMass football.