PDA

View Full Version : The Other Way: I-AAs Losing to Sub Div I

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
We already had Winston Salem State, a I-AA independent fall during week one to Catawba 21-7...

Presently, we have Butler down 24-3 to Albion with the second half just starting and Montclair St up 15-0 over Iona...

Chuck South is only up 14-13 over Presbyterian with under 2:30 left in the first half...

Granted, I don't think many of us are surprised by the mid-majors struggles, but hopefully we don't see many games going the 'other way' against sub-Div I competition...

thirdgendin
September 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
We already had Winston Salem State, a I-AA independent fall during week one to Catawba 21-7...

Presently, we have Butler down 24-3 to Albion with the second half just starting and Montclair St up 15-0 over Iona...

Chuck South is only up 14-13 over Presbyterian with under 2:30 left in the first half...

Granted, I don't think many of us are surprised by the mid-majors struggles, but hopefully we don't see many games going the 'other way' against sub-Div I competition...

Even though Charleston Southern won the Big South last year, they did lose to PC 42-0!

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Even though Charleston Southern won the Big South last year, they did lose to PC 42-0!

And things like that will not help CCU or any Big South school's attempt to get an at-large bid...:twocents:

Sly Fox
September 2nd, 2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for reminding us, TT. With PC joining our ranks soon it is hard to get any of us to bash the Hose.

dbackjon
September 2nd, 2006, 01:50 PM
Montclair St is beating Iona 21-0

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks for reminding us, TT. With PC joining our ranks soon it is hard to get any of us to bash the Hose.

Sly, you and I can forget about the struggles against the Hose for now...we have the big Houston vs Rice game tonight! Can't wait to see Graham's boys in action tonight on CSTV! :hurray:

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 02:48 PM
Montclair St wins 21-7 over Iona...

Albion 31-10 winners over Butler...

Purple Pride
September 2nd, 2006, 08:19 PM
Savannah State drops one to Benedict 21-7.

JMU Duke Dog
September 2nd, 2006, 08:21 PM
:mad: :eek: : smh : :mad: :eek: : smh : :mad: :eek: : smh : :mad: :eek: : smh : :mad: :eek: : smh : :mad: :eek: : smh :

JMU was lucky to beat Bloomsburg tonight.

bkrownd
September 2nd, 2006, 08:36 PM
Who is Tarleton State???? BWWAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Hansel
September 2nd, 2006, 08:37 PM
They almost beat Tex St last year too...

X-Factor
September 2nd, 2006, 08:59 PM
SDSU is currently down 10-3 to Wisconsin LaCrosse (DIII) late in the 3rd.

SuperJon
September 2nd, 2006, 09:03 PM
Savannah State drops one to Benedict 21-7.

Do they even count anymore?

TheBisonator
September 2nd, 2006, 09:18 PM
But you gotta remember, these aren't top-level I-AA's, or even mid-level I-AA's losing to DII and DIII teams.

On the other hand, SDSU is losing to DIII Wisconsin-La Crosse right now...

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
They almost beat Tex St last year too...

No, that was Delta State...

Tarleton St falls short 27-23 against the defending co-champs of the SLC, Texas St-San Marcos...

Hansel
September 2nd, 2006, 09:26 PM
SDSU is currently down 10-3 to Wisconsin LaCrosse (DIII) late in the 3rd.
Now down 17-13

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Official...

South Dakota St has lost to a Div III institution...

X-Factor
September 2nd, 2006, 10:15 PM
Now down 17-13

17-3 !!!!!!!

darussian12
September 2nd, 2006, 11:05 PM
whats a ****ty game....to me it was about as bad as getting a loss without actually getting one....one of the most depressing games i have been to at tx state....but yeah i guess i should wait till 4 weeks down the road cause somehow delta st gave us hell and now tarleton....too bad last year we knew Nealy was the ****...and this year we know Chase is not....maybe hes good or not or needs a warm up game like tarleton but from seeing this one tonight other then the crowd the game sucked.

Go...gate
September 2nd, 2006, 11:30 PM
Montclair a fairly strong DIII, but this is an ominous sign for what is left of the MAAC. Marist got smacked around pretty well too, though it was to another I-AA team.

gr8ness97
September 2nd, 2006, 11:36 PM
awww come on, WSSU is a transitional school, and they are still being counted as a D-II win..

chrisattsu
September 2nd, 2006, 11:43 PM

<------ I am Tarleton State.

Tarleton is a D2 school out of the Lonestar Conference (TX, Oklahoma, NM). We have a student body of just over 9000 students and are considered one of the top-athletic teams in the conference. Our basketball team has been ranked at #1 in the Country off and on for the last 3-4 years. Last year we beat D1 teams, Lamar and TCU in basketball, and we beat Sam Houston in 2003 in football.

We applied to join the SLC at the same time that TAMUCC and UCA joined, but those involved didn't feel that our team was quite ready to move to D1 yet.

TxState_GO_CATS!
September 3rd, 2006, 12:15 AM

a team that beat on of our fellow SLC members SHS a few years ago...

not a pushover.: smh :

bkrownd
September 3rd, 2006, 12:46 AM
a team that beat on of our fellow SLC members SHS a few years ago...

not a pushover.: smh :

I know, they're a "name" team in their division. Just kidding ya. ;)

bkrownd
September 3rd, 2006, 12:51 AM
Official...

South Dakota St has lost to a Div III institution...

Wooo! My grandpa's a big UW-La Crosse booster. The only way I'll get to see a football game in
person this year is if La Crosse gets a top seed in the D-III playoffs and the home game that goes with it.
I'm in La Crosse every year for Thanksgiving.