PDA

View Full Version : Indiana State hanging with Purdue

ISUalum
September 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
after an awful start ISU storms back to trail 26-21 at the half. Odd, after an 0-11 2005 season, ISU may win one game in 2006?

Chi Panther
September 2nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
The only game they win is Purdue.....xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

TheGateway
September 2nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
was that really supposed to be funny? we are for real this year! say what you want now but in the end you will be looking really silly.:nono:

MissouriStateBear
September 2nd, 2006, 06:42 PM
was that really supposed to be funny? we are for real this year! say what you want now but in the end you will be looking really silly.:nono:

HAHA

purduecrum
September 2nd, 2006, 07:07 PM
after an awful start ISU storms back to trail 26-21 at the half. Odd, after an 0-11 2005 season, ISU may win one game in 2006?

Hard to tell much from being at this game. The little scat back behind that large line may cause some damage. The ISU QB made some big mistakes when he fell under heavy pressure. The depth of Purdue was just too much, and even early the game there was no real "hanging in" for ISU. Purdue had some poor special teams play, ISU was establishing anything on either side of the ball when it mattered. Might they win a game or two in conference this year, I'd say it is likely. They've got some bread and butter plays but also a coach with some innovation on offense. This team is largely in-tact from last year and is a year wiser.

ISU got two things today... their paycheck, and 35 points on the board. When they don't have to face a good I-A line, a good I-A back, and top I-A receivers, they should be able to hold their own.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I learned anything about Purdue today.

Killtoppers90
September 3rd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Way to represent the conference Sycamores! You held in there well and gave it your all! Way to go!

birdsflyhigh
September 3rd, 2006, 10:44 AM
Have to admit was suprised to see the Sycs give Purdue a game, but it was a good suprise. Having a stronger Indiana St. program just makes the Gateway that much better...cool! I can see the Sycs giving EIU a game too. Hmmmm? :cool: