PDA

View Full Version : Western Kentucky-Georgia Game Thread

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 11:40 AM
Western Kentucky @ Georgia

On the first drive, Georgia advances the ball to their 41 yard line and are dealt 4th and 1...they decide to punt and Western Kentucky starts things off with the ball at their 18 yard line...

12:35, 1Q

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Three and out for the Toppers...

A punt...and it's a return for a touchdown...called off...Georgia ball at the 2...

Coastal89
September 2nd, 2006, 11:51 AM
WKU needs to work on special teams. 63 yd return for a real td 7-0 Georgia

dbackjon
September 2nd, 2006, 11:55 AM
WKU needs to work on special teams. 63 yd return for a real td 7-0 Georgia

No kidding - first punt return for TD nullified because GA player was hotdogging it, and lost the ball out of the endzone - he held the ball up in celebration at the 3, and lost his grip. Very next punt, returns it for TD.

ISUMatt
September 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
then Moore fumbles it on the first play after the TD

ISUMatt
September 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
TD Georgia 14-0

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 11:58 AM
Western Kentucky defense has got to be shaking their heads. It's not even their fault WKU is down by 14!

Special teams snafu times two (they lucked out on the first one)...and then a fumble on an offensive possession leading to another touchdown...

dbackjon
September 2nd, 2006, 11:58 AM
Ugly. I was hoping WKU could make a game of it.

But just reading some blatant homophobia on HilltopperHaven, if that is the mentality of their fan base, hope they lose 100-0.

Coastal89
September 2nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Another ST screw up on a punt led to a rekick and a 24 yard difference in UGA feild position.xlolx

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 12:10 PM
Georgia is just outside the WKU redzone, fixing the knock that door down...

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 12:31 PM
Make that 24-0...Georgia scores on a two-yard run...

ChiefGSU275
September 2nd, 2006, 12:34 PM
WKU's offense looks terrible. Defense doesnt look too bad, though.

TexasTerror
September 2nd, 2006, 12:58 PM
31-0 as we approach the second half...

WKU forced a three and out and will get the ball at their 20 to start things off...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 2nd, 2006, 01:02 PM
I think we're looking at a 30-40 point loss...that's about the equivalent of being fourth best in the Gateway. WKU needs to get better or it will be a long season.

Come on Hilltoppers...make 'em cry.

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
SCORE WKU!

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2006, 01:11 PM
31-7 at the half.

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM
feild goal for UGA 34-7, good defence after the half for WKU.

dbackjon
September 2nd, 2006, 01:50 PM
WKU got it's first first down on the scoring drive - offense is looking bad.

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2006, 01:59 PM
They may look bad, but keep in mind the caliber of the defence they are up against. I am impressed thay were able to score at all.

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2006, 02:05 PM
42 yard TD for UGA. 41-7

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Way to go "D"! Safety. 41-9 UGA

bobbythekidd
September 2nd, 2006, 02:43 PM
More points for both teams, less than minute left. Noone cares. I am the only one here.

I feel so alone...

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 2nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
Actually, it wasn't the D. UGA had a holding penalty in the end zone.

Killtoppers90
September 3rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
That had to be one of the worst games I have ever seen. I saw lots of sloppy tackilng, poor pass blocking, lousy special teams play (except for the punter) and very ineffiecent play calling for about half the game. And when we did something right, we would somehow manage to shoot ourselves in the foot with stupid penalties. Once someone finally decided that we could throw the ball, Gaebler was a stud putting it out there on the line and making some spectaular catches. I am impressed with the improvement of our pass D, they made some really great plays against some superior players. I am very impressed with them. We could have hung in there with the Dogs a bit longer had we executed, but that didn't happen much. Even though we were out-gunned in the scholly numbers, Our D made Georgia's offense earn the points they scored. The D line played tough but got tired because the Dawgs O-Line were just leaning on them all day long. I was very impressed with Haddix patience in the pocket and his ability to roll out and try to make a play. I certainly hope the boys work on blocking and tackling techniques this week or the EKU game will be a long one. We have to win this one!

birdsflyhigh
September 3rd, 2006, 10:56 AM
Killtoppers90, Georgia is one of THE most consistently sucessful IA programs...c'mon it's Georgia. Now that some chinks in the WKU armour have been exposed, it's time to go back to the drawingboard and work on some problems. I think this loss to the Bulldogs might be very advantageous for WKU....going up against TOP I-A competition and seeing what your team is made of...should all work out.

You're right about the EKU game. The Hilltopers need to come out and take down EKU! :D

Killtoppers90
September 3rd, 2006, 11:47 AM
I know Birds. But being there and having to listen to some of the most arrogant fans I have run across certain puts a bad taste in your mouth. Of course I know that UGA is one of the best teams in the nation and am very VERY happy we put some points up on the board (misway through the 2nd it was in doubt). But you always hope that your team comes out and gives it their all, leaving everything on the field. It is just disappointing that we didn't do that yesterday.

Topper1296
September 3rd, 2006, 08:10 PM
Ugly. I was hoping WKU could make a game of it.

But just reading some blatant homophobia on HilltopperHaven, if that is the mentality of their fan base, hope they lose 100-0.

Can you provide a link to support your claim? And if you do find anything, do you really think a few nameless/faceless people on a message board represents the whole fan base of a school?