PDA

View Full Version : Interesting reading regarding FBS compensation

Big Ugly
April 8th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Interesting. Might be old news for some but it was the first that I saw it. This the first post that I have read which indicates the potential for future revenue. The NIU pres seemed to really like how the MAC would benefit. Something to think about for sure.

In the current BCS system, the leagues known as non-automatic qualifiers split approximately 9 percent of total revenue, or 18 percent when a non-AQ team participates in a BCS bowl.
The "Group of Five" conferences – Big East, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West and Sun Belt – will split 27 percent, which could approach $95 million annually.
"There was a lot of number-crunching, as you can imagine," the person said. "But at the end of the day they did it with smiles on their faces. Everyone will receive more money than they got in the BCS – literally, everyone. And everybody knew that going in."

The vote of the Presidential Oversight Committee last month at a BCS meeting in Denver was unanimous, according to Northern Illinois president John Peters, who represented the Mid-American Conference.

"We think it's fair," Peters said last month. "It does recognize that some conferences contribute more in a revenue way. … From my point of view for my conference, what it means is more."

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bowls/2012/12/11/college-football-bcs-playoff-revenue-money-distribution-payouts/1762709/