PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Lewis a RB?

flexbone
September 1st, 2006, 09:56 AM
Was just looking at the box scores and noticed Lewis, the USC WR transfer, got a good number of carries and is listed as the #2 RB and not a WR at all. Any UNI comments - How did he look? Besides the obvious box score info, of course!

Reed Rothchild
September 1st, 2006, 10:44 AM
Corey Lewis is the better back right now, bottom line. But, they do have a nice thunder/lightening combination at RB as Whitney Lewis is much bigger. Both RBs will have an impact on this season.

PantherMan
September 1st, 2006, 03:56 PM
Was just looking at the box scores and noticed Lewis, the USC WR transfer, got a good number of carries and is listed as the #2 RB and not a WR at all. Any UNI comments - How did he look? Besides the obvious box score info, of course!

If Whitney Lewis realizes that he weighs 240 pounds this season and decides to lower his shoulder every now and then and lower the boom on defenders, he will be frightening...:hurray: :eek:

Chi Panther
September 1st, 2006, 09:41 PM
Will probably take some time to learn the offense better....

IMO its easier to have a BIG impact in the first few games as a WR transfer from I-A than it is at RB.

David Horne was not given the majority of handoffs until about half way thru the season.

Next week against UND.....I'd like to see Corey only get 8 hand offs and Whitney get 10-15 and Darian Williams get 10.....

BTW.....Terrell Allen and Victor Williams are fricken RIPPED!!!!

http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?

PantherMan
September 1st, 2006, 10:38 PM
Will probably take some time to learn the offense better....

IMO its easier to have a BIG impact in the first few games as a WR transfer from I-A than it is at RB.

David Horne was not given the majority of handoffs until about half way thru the season.

Next week against UND.....I'd like to see Corey only get 8 hand offs and Whitney get 10-15 and Darian Williams get 10.....

BTW.....Terrell Allen and Victor Williams are fricken RIPPED!!!!

http://cmsimg.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?

This UNI team is probably the most impressive "looking" team in quite a few years (gotta go back to Andre Allen and gang). This UNI squad is HUGE and even the skill position players are well built! Add the overall team speed to that, and this could be a special season...xcoffeex

PantherRob82
September 2nd, 2006, 10:26 AM
I was very impressed with Corey Lewis. A lot of determination. He's so small and fast, yet was breaking tackles and dragging guys downfield like a fullback.