PDA

View Full Version : Since Georgia Southern is going FBS...

Apphole
March 29th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Will AGS have to change its logo to a player from another school?

xrotatehx

Lehigh Football Nation
March 29th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I have plenty of Mountain Hawk graphics available....

... as P4L's head explodes

IBleedYellow
March 29th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I would say the most historic program in FCS should get to keep that until they get surpassed by someone.

Apphole
March 29th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I would say the most historic program in FCS should get to keep that until they get surpassed by someone.

Most historic? I'll give them most prolific because of their years played:national championship ratio, but no team born in the 1980's should get a most historic award.

Professor Chaos
March 29th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Most historic? I'll give them most prolific because of their years played:national championship ratio, but no team born in the 1980's should get a most historic award.
The subdivision didn't exist until 1978 and Georgia Southern began play in 1984. In terms of the 1AA/FCS subdivision they've got just as much history as anyone.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 29th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Princeton 1869
Harvard 1875 (?)
Yale 1875 (?)
Penn 1878 (?)
Lafayette 1882
Lehigh 1884

Just sayin'.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 29th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Princeton 1869
Harvard 1875 (?)
Yale 1875 (?)
Penn 1878 (?)
Lafayette 1882
Lehigh 1884

Just sayin'.

So NDSU? 1894

That doesn't make any sense.

Historic is historic within the division.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
In all seriousness, I know what I'd do if I were even a half-assed graphic artist. Princeton's helmet facing Delaware's helmet. It's the right East Coast Bias thing to do. xlolx

IBleedYellow
March 29th, 2013, 12:50 PM
How about we update the Logo once a year with the new Champions uniform?

BisonFan02
March 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM
How about we update the Logo once a year with the new Champions uniform?

Cue UAH to come in and say that **** costs money :D open up the wallets boys.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Cue UAH to come in and say that **** costs money :D open up the wallets boys.

It does cost money but that idea has already been discussed with a graphics guy so it's a work in progress that may debut next time if it doesn't get done sooner.

Don't worry bout the pocketbooks boys, I got this.

BTW, everyone thinks that is a GSU player...AP but from my understanding it was not modeled after AP but was modeled after Walter Payton.

So "No" it doesn't matter what GSU does as far as the logo goes.

IBleedYellow
March 30th, 2013, 08:22 AM
It does cost money but that idea has already been discussed with a graphics guy so it's a work in progress that may debut next time if it doesn't get done sooner.

BTW, everyone thinks that is a GSU player...AP but from my understanding it was not modeled after AP but was modeled after Walter Payton.

Being that you say it's Walter Payton, I could totally see it. Keep up the goodwork Ursus

MR. CHICKEN
March 30th, 2013, 08:30 AM

17645.....OL' WALTER...WORE #6...xconfusedx........BROCK!

SpeedkingATL
March 30th, 2013, 09:11 AM
AP sure looked like WP at times with the football!!

eaglewraith
March 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM

AP wasn't #6 so I don't see where that's coming from ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
March 30th, 2013, 02:26 PM
17645.....OL' WALTER...WORE #6...xconfusedx........BROCK!

I don't know or care one way or the otehr who the likeness is from but I don't know that putting a number on the drawing really makes a big difference. I'm just relaying what the story was in the old days and I believe it because I can't see the reason to make it up since it's such insignificant information.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 30th, 2013, 02:31 PM
AP wasn't #6 so I don't see where that's coming from ;)

Yeah but it has been a little something that people have assumed or passed around for years so it hangs on I guess. Doesn't make a difference to me what people think the cartoon is. Heck I think back in like 2007 or 2008 I saw an App fan say it should be changed from AP over to Armanti.

Laker
March 30th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I don't know that putting a number on the drawing really makes a big difference.

6 might stand for touchdown. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 30th, 2013, 02:46 PM
6 might stand for touchdown. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the picture.

Good enough ro me.

Laker
March 30th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Good enough ro me.

Thanks UAH! I'm usually not very observant but I'm glad I could be of assistance! :D

penguinpower
March 31st, 2013, 08:33 AM
If the logo was selected based on the number of National Championships it would be Ga Southern, Youngstown State and App state in that order. Since Ga Southern and App state are leaving it must have to default to YSU. So that is my recommendation. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
March 31st, 2013, 08:42 AM
If the logo was selected based on the number of National Championships it would be Ga Southern, Youngstown State and App state in that order. Since Ga Southern and App state are leaving it must have to default to YSU. So that is my recommendation. :)

Only if the player is modeled after Ray Isaac. :D

MR. CHICKEN
March 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
17646....HOW 'BOUT.......UH MOUNT RUSHMO'.......LIKENESS......UH SAY.......GANNON/FLACCO/WARNER/ROMO.......xdontknowx....BROCK!

Sader87
March 31st, 2013, 10:10 AM
I'd go with Gordie Lockbaum but I'm biased....

MR. CHICKEN
March 31st, 2013, 10:18 AM
17648......MAYBEAH...SOME ROTATIN' AVATARS.....UH AGS.....SCRIBES.......FCS COLLEGE LOGOS/MASCOTS.....O'........SIDE BOOB SHOTS.....xrotatehx.....AWK!

Vitojr130
March 31st, 2013, 10:00 PM
17646....HOW 'BOUT.......UH MOUNT RUSHMO'.......LIKENESS......UH SAY.......GANNON/FLACCO/WARNER/ROMO.......xdontknowx....BROCK!

I like to think that your little "Brock" at the end was just you adding Jensen to the list of great quarter backs that you listed off xlolx.

Apphole
April 1st, 2013, 08:34 AM
Heck I think back in like 2007 or 2008 I saw an App fan say it should be changed from AP over to Armanti.

Well, it should have been.

ASUMountaineer
April 1st, 2013, 09:50 AM
In all seriousness, I know what I'd do if I were even a half-assed graphic artist. Princeton's helmet facing Delaware's helmet. It's the right East Coast Bias thing to do. xlolx

xlolx xsalutex

walliver
April 2nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
The obvious solution is to change the color to black, clone away the 6 and change the color of the helmet to gold. That shouldn't require the services of a graphic artist. :)

dbackjon
April 2nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Bigger question:

Will FCS_PWNS_FBS change his name now?

ASUMountaineer
April 2nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Bigger question:

xlolx

IBleedYellow
April 2nd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Bigger question:

I'd guess it'll be FBS_PWNS_BCS

ASUMountaineer
April 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
I'd guess it'll be FBS_PWNS_BCS

APP_PWNS_GSU seems much more accurate.

Though, GSU_PWNS_GSU would be too awesome to pass up.