PDA

View Full Version : Gohens status?

caribbeanhen
March 29th, 2013, 07:21 AM
the site has been down for a few weeks now....... is it coming back new and improved or coming back at all? has Brock ordered it shut down? any Blue Hen news?

henfan
March 29th, 2013, 07:45 AM
My guess is that HensRock just hasn't had the time to get to it. The site was getting heavily spammed right before it went down. According to his message, he intends to get the site back up and running. What the technical/time obstacles are to that, no one seems to know.

Maybe someone will take it upon themselves to set up another board in the meantime.

superman7515
March 29th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Maybe someone will take it upon themselves to set up another board in the meantime.

http://fightinbluehens.proboards.com/index.cgi?

superman7515
March 29th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I'm working on getting it up and running, just a matter of if anyone wants to use it while GoHens is down since there's been no news on whether or not it will be coming back.

GannonFan
March 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Yeah, crazy time for the board to go dark - women Hen's are in the Sweet 16, we're waiting to hear news of Ross getting fired, we have a new coaching staff heading into Spring practice, and the CAA is collapsing around us with seemingly no interest from the administration to even think about moving into FBS. Actually, after second thought, and considering the crankieness of many GoHens posters, maybe a little respite from reading all those posts is a good thing.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Hey if anyone ever has a problem especially a guy like HensRock or any other board owner and they want me to I will create a temporary forum for them in the interim to getting their board back up and running if it helps them out.

I and others on here know what a pain in the *** it can be so if I can help ya out let me know. Looks like Supe's got something going for the Blue Hens right now but throwing it out for anyone that needs it.

superman7515
March 29th, 2013, 01:47 PM
You're a good man Charlie Brown Bear.

dungeonjoe
March 29th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I sympathize with HensRock. I had to clean up an attack on terrierfans a few months ago. It takes time and sweat to clean up, especially if you have a life off message boards. I must have 200-300 spammers a day registering now. I just leave them all in the que until I can scroll through them all and sort the legit posters from the questionable ones.

Besides, I heard HensRock was taking his talent to the next level.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM
There are some good anti-spambot programs out there now. I use one for the Lehigh Sports Forum and while not perfect it's pretty good.

PhillyApp1
March 29th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Thats right LFN... you are pretty good ;-)
Representing an intelligent school makes you look like a cheater..lol

caribbeanhen
March 30th, 2013, 11:06 PM
http://fightinbluehens.proboards.com/index.cgi?

nice start

superman7515
April 12th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Well for anyone who hasn't stopped by in a while, the site has had quite a bit of work done in the two weeks since I opened; completely redesigned and customized layout, live chat option, a mobile app is available to view the site much more conveniently on the go and during games, and we have launced a Twitter feed @BlueHensForum. At the request of the users it is going to stay open as an alternative option to other UD sports sites, so feel free to stop by and visit sometime.