PDA

View Full Version : So I Booked My Flight To Missoula Today...

Appaholic
March 28th, 2013, 08:38 PM
..arriving Thu, Aug 29 for the Big Game! Friggin' Psyched! Staying in Flathead Thu evening, but returning to the Zoo on Friday to prep for the game! Who's in?xthumbsupx

eaglewraith
March 28th, 2013, 11:59 PM
I would suggest any App fans on the fence about going to this game to go ahead and go. This is the only time in the forseeable future App will be traveling to play the Griz. It might be the last chance for many years.

asumike83
March 29th, 2013, 12:59 AM
I'm there, without a doubt. Only question is the size of my group. Look forward to seeing y'all in Missoula!

ALPHAGRIZ1
March 29th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Im going to try and make this one.............

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Appaholic
March 29th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I would suggest any App fans on the fence about going to this game to go ahead and go. This is the only time in the forseeable future App will be traveling to play the Griz. It might be the last chance for many years.

Agree. Given the recent announcement, this really is a must-see game. The atmosphere is wonderful in Missoula & with Jordan returning, this should be a stallar game that will possibly end the series (for the realistic foreseeable future at least). App needs the win to tie up a truly epic and evenly matched-series (think all 3 games have been decided by less than 15 or 20 points total?) for pride purposes; Montana needs the win to help their playoff chances as well as maintain the edge in bragging rights. Outside of the NC game, this is the game of the year in FCS possibly. Two great fanbases! hate to see this series end with no possibility of re-matches in future playoffs....xsmhx

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Agree. Given the recent announcement, this really is a must-see game. The atmosphere is wonderful in Missoula & with Jordan returning, this should be a stallar game that will possibly end the series (for the realistic foreseeable future at least). App needs the win to tie up a truly epic and evenly matched-series (think all 3 games have been decided by less than 15 or 20 points total?) for pride purposes; Montana needs the win to help their playoff chances as well as maintain the edge in bragging rights. Outside of the NC game, this is the game of the year in FCS possibly. Two great fanbases! hate to see this series end with no possibility of re-matches in future playoffs....xsmhx

Missed this earlier but this is gonna be a great game and one hell of a party leading up to it. Can't wait to have my ol' friend Appa back in Missoula for another attempt and dignity salvage...personal dignity that is.

Gonna be cool to meet up with a lot of the fine folks the Griz group met and partied with in Boone as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I'm very interested in this game. I shouldn't have too much trouble tracking down a single ticket.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I'm very interested in this game. I shouldn't have too much trouble tracking down a single ticket.

You said you came over for the Liberty game last year correct? There will be a world of difference in the energy level this time if you go. I don't know if it'll be easy getting a ticket but if you are serious about going I can try and keep an eye out for a single but nobody is gonna be giving them away for anything less than face value which I'll just assume is gonna be around $50 so let me know. I think they will go pretty fast when they sell single game tickets but you might be able to get one that way too.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 29th, 2013, 03:07 PM
You said you came over for the Liberty game last year correct? There will be a world of difference in the energy level this time if you go. I don't know if it'll be easy getting a ticket but if you are serious about going I can try and keep an eye out for a single but nobody is gonna be giving them away for anything less than face value which I'll just assume is gonna be around $50 so let me know. I think they will go pretty fast when they sell single game tickets but you might be able to get one that way too.

The Liberty game was definitely a bit of a disappointment. Granted, I attribute the less than stellar atmosphere to the smoke.

That would be awesome! I'm not going to spend a fortune but $40-$50 seems reasonable for a game of this magnitude.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2013, 03:13 PM
The Liberty game was definitely a bit of a disappointment. Granted, I attribute the less than stellar atmosphere to the smoke.

That would be awesome! I'm not going to spend a fortune but $40-$50 seems reasonable for a game of this magnitude.
This is not a knock on Liberty cuz Griz fans should know better but the usual early season games are not against teams that are pretty unknown to most Griz fans and unfortunately Liberty is fairly anonymous around here. It had a lot to do with the flames and maybe some to do with the smoke.

App does not present that problem. xlolx

putter
March 29th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I agree with ursus. The App atmosphere will border on playoff-like which is as good as it gets anywhere. Looking forward to this one!

Grizo406
March 29th, 2013, 07:45 PM
One thing I know for sure...the Grizo will have a ticket for this one!

You're welcome...

Appaholic
March 29th, 2013, 07:48 PM
One thing I know for sure...the Grizo will have a ticket for this one!

You're welcome...

grab 2 more for me and my pard, Tom Grizo!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2013, 09:48 PM

I had no idea his name was Tom Grizo! What a coincidence!

Grizo406
March 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM

I don't know Tom Grizo, but Ursus probably does. That F'er seems to know everyone in Missoula, and everyone in Missoula knows him!

At the ASU/Griz semi-final game in 2009, him and I had the absolute best seats in Washington/Grizzly...West Side, 48 yard line, and about 12 rows up from the field. We get situated in our seats, and while there was a very brief lull in the action, I notice to my right, I'm sittin' next to this smokin' hot gal, and I'm REALLY starting to get interested! I was using some of my best material, and it was one of the VERY FEW times that the Grizo didn't make any "forward progress", believe it or not!

I thought, "what-f'n-ever"...her loss, right?!!? So, we go out to tailgate at half time and come back to our seats. I ended up sitting where Ursus sat in the 1st half, and he ends up sitting next to the smokin' hot gal I mentioned earlier.

Next thing I know, this smokin' hot gal & Ursus are chatting each other up like nobody's business through most of the 3rd & 4th quarter! Apparently, they knew each other! BFD!

Anyhoo, we're looking forward to seeing you again, Appa! And, hopefully, the canker sores that Ursus has had since 2009 will be cleared up by the time you arrive!

ursus arctos horribilis
March 29th, 2013, 10:33 PM
How did you get those seats Grizo? Those sound awesome! I bet you had to spend a pretty penny getting seats like those.

Grizo406
March 30th, 2013, 12:01 AM
How did you get those seats Grizo? Those sound awesome! I bet you had to spend a pretty penny getting seats like those.

I'm not that humble, but I know when I've been beat, and I got my a$$ whipped on this one!

Once again, because Ursus knows folks in Missoula, and most of Missoula knows him...I got to watch the BEST FCS game I've EVER seen in person and it didn't cost me a cent...because of Ursus.

FWIW, that was 2009, he hasn't done squat for me since then...other than some inconsequential stuff setting up the Boone trip last September, and getting us into Wofford.

After our Boone trip, I gave him a ride home from the airport...he did pay my $40+ parking fee...and I don't remember that ungrateful F-stick thanking me for the ride.

Shame on him!xblehx

PhillyApp1
March 30th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I'm not that humble, but I know when I've been beat, and I got my a$$ whipped on this one!

Once again, because Ursus knows folks in Missoula, and most of Missoula knows him...I got to watch the BEST FCS game I've EVER seen in person and it didn't cost me a cent...because of Ursus.

FWIW, that was 2009, he hasn't done squat for me since then...other than some inconsequential stuff setting up the Boone trip last September, and getting us into Wofford.

After our Boone trip, I gave him a ride home from the airport...he did pay my $40+ parking fee...and I don't remember that ungrateful F-stick thanking me for the ride.

Shame on him!xblehx

"THE APP SHORT BUS CREW" WILL BE IN THE GRIZ HOUSE AGAIN....PACE IS IMPORTANT I HAVE LEARNED...SO I AM STARTING MY ALCOHOLIC TRAINING IN JULY, LIKE THE PLAYERS....I WONDER IF THE LOCALS WILL LET ME SIT IN THEIR USUAL SEATS AND YELL " APP" "STATE...I DOUBT IT, BUT I'LL TRY TO REMEMBER MORE OF MY TRIP THIS TIME ...LOL

Grizo406
March 30th, 2013, 07:46 PM
"THE APP SHORT BUS CREW" WILL BE IN THE GRIZ HOUSE AGAIN....PACE IS IMPORTANT I HAVE LEARNED...SO I AM STARTING MY ALCOHOLIC TRAINING IN JULY, LIKE THE PLAYERS....I WONDER IF THE LOCALS WILL LET ME SIT IN THEIR USUAL SEATS AND YELL " APP" "STATE...I DOUBT IT, BUT I'LL TRY TO REMEMBER MORE OF MY TRIP THIS TIME ...LOL

Lookin' forward to seein' the "Short Bus Crew" again!

Although it only took about 3 minutes, we got a complete tour of the World famous App Short Bus, and were treated VERY WELL by it's crew!

We plan on returning the hospitality!!

For this game, I plan on wearing my Appalachian t shirt. I'm also workin' on getting a pair of Air Jordan 1's in ASU's colors...

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/air-jordan-1-main-yellow.jpg

I'm awesome like that!xnodx

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 31st, 2013, 10:38 PM
So are the App State fans going to lynch me if I go? I'll make sure I'm decked out my TU-LU gear.

I hope GlassOnion is coming out to Montana. I'd like to shake that guys hand...

AtlantaMountaineer
April 1st, 2013, 08:28 AM
According to my App State season ticket renewal form the Montana tickets are $55, ten dollars more than the University of Georgia tickets ($45). Thought that was interesting.

TheRevSFA
April 1st, 2013, 09:36 AM
I am trying to work out a way to fly up to Missoula and watch this game as a third party

ursus arctos horribilis
April 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
I am trying to work out a way to fly up to Missoula and watch this game as a third party

Spokane is a couple hours away and I think Southwest flies in there if that helps. Hell you could rent a car there and druise over and look at the red field in person then...it's a big deal.:D

ursus arctos horribilis
April 1st, 2013, 12:11 PM
According to my App State season ticket renewal form the Montana tickets are $55, ten dollars more than the University of Georgia tickets ($45). Thought that was interesting.

Yeah tickets in WaGriz ain't cheap for any game. I think even the D2 tiks are in the mid to upper 30's. Now ya take that number times a packed house and you can see why FBS payday games ain't something the budget is screaming for.

IBleedYellow
April 1st, 2013, 04:11 PM
Yeah tickets in WaGriz ain't cheap for any game. I think even the D2 tiks are in the mid to upper 30's. Now ya take that number times a packed house and you can see why FBS payday games ain't something the budget is screaming for.

This isn't a bad problem to have, IMO. NDSU tickets didn't go up this year, near as I can tell. Although we DID get rid of General Admission...hah