PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern vs Appalachian State 2013 Game

atlfcsfan
March 27th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Considering both wont be able to compete in the FCS playoffs this year, any chance they could reschedule their game? Maybe play it the first week of December? Would the SoCon or FCS allow it? Maybe make it a Thursday or Friday game? Maybe put it on ESPN or something? xchinscratchx

pike51
March 27th, 2013, 01:34 PM
I like your thinking

BisonFan02
March 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM
xzzzzx

catamount man
March 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Friday night Oct 25 8pm ESPN-U. Book it.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 01:40 PM

Nah, this has Tuesday night written all over it!

BisonFan02
March 27th, 2013, 01:42 PM

No way...cannot compete with MAC football on Tuesday nights!

atlfcsfan
March 27th, 2013, 01:51 PM

Was thinking like December, not October

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 01:51 PM
xzzzzx

So boring you commented...twice, out of 8 posts. xnodx

BisonFan02
March 27th, 2013, 01:52 PM
So boring you commented...twice, out of 8 posts. xnodx

Yup

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Considering both wont be able to compete in the FCS playoffs this year, any chance they could reschedule their game? Maybe play it the first week of December? Would the SoCon or FCS allow it? Maybe make it a Thursday or Friday game? Maybe put it on ESPN or something? xchinscratchx

My understanding is that both App State and GSU will technically be FCS Independents this year, so I'm not sure the SoCon would/could do anything about it (could be wrong about that). However, that would require a lot of work by both sides to plan it. And, if they couldn't get it televised there wouldn't really be a reason to do it.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 01:53 PM

Cool, you'd be able to watch it!

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Yup

Whew, must be mind-numbing to be that bored.

atlfcsfan
March 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
No way...cannot compete with MAC football on Tuesday nights!

But if their game was on the same day as the 2nd rd of the FCS Playoffs, their ratings would be a lot better than any FCS playoff game. xbandwagonx

BisonFan02
March 27th, 2013, 01:57 PM
But if their game was on the same day as the 2nd rd of the FCS Playoffs, their ratings would be a lot better than any FCS playoff game. xbandwagonx

Congrats I guess?

PaladinFan
March 27th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Does anyone actually think the SoCon is going to do GSU and App State any favors?

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 02:29 PM

That would be AWESOME.

Some horrifically disturbed friend of my girlfriend had the audacity to schedule her wedding on the same day as the GaSo game this coming season. Naturally, I declined the invitation, but I have been getting all sorts of **** from her since then. It would benefit me greatly to make the game AND dodge all the whining an bugging.

walliver
March 27th, 2013, 02:35 PM
This isn't going to happen. The SoCon probably would let the teams move the schedule around, but why would ESPN want to show a matchup of 2 FCS teams on prime time?

The move to the SunBelt may be of interest to AGS, but is of no national significance.

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 02:37 PM
This isn't going to happen. The SoCon probably would let the teams move the schedule around, but why would ESPN want to show a matchup of 2 FCS teams on prime time?

The move to the SunBelt may be of interest to AGS, but is of no national significance.

I'm far more concerned with the game actually being moved to a night in December than whether or not the World Wide Leader sees fit to broadcast it, although it would be cool.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 27th, 2013, 02:38 PM
App State fans have been complaining about the SoCon's TV deal for several years running. So now two postseason ineligible programs are going to get a game that doesn't count for any postseason on Tuesday night on ESPNU?

catamount man
March 27th, 2013, 02:39 PM

Wofford at App 10/31/08 ESPN-U 2 SoCon schools ring a bell?

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Does anyone actually think the SoCon is going to do GSU and App State any favors?

Will the SoCon have anything to do with it? I'm not sure, but I believe both App State and GSU will be "FCS Independents" this season.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 02:46 PM
App State fans have been complaining about the SoCon's TV deal for several years running. So now two postseason ineligible programs are going to get a game that doesn't count for any postseason on Tuesday night on ESPNU?

The OP, I'm pretty sure, is a GSU fan. Reading is FUNdamental!

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 02:46 PM

It's still more signifiant than any other SoCon game of the year.

AppAlum2003
March 27th, 2013, 02:48 PM

...would still have higher ratings than the FCS championship game.

Mountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 02:49 PM
It's still more signifiant than any other SoCon game of the year.

One thing I've seen from browsing the other SoCon boards is a lot of butt hurt from our current/former conference mates. PaladinFan's obsession at getting in every little dig at App he can has been going on for years, so no surprise there really.

The fans that seem to have the least animosity? Samford. I like the Bulldogs more and more.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM
...would still have higher ratings than the FCS championship game.

Ah, the ratings boner. Enjoy that, it's what you'll have to cling to going forward.

Smitty
March 27th, 2013, 02:59 PM
One thing I've seen from browsing the other SoCon boards is a lot of butt hurt from our current/former conference mates. PaladinFan's obsession at getting in every little dig at App he can has been going on for years, so no surprise there really.

The fans that seem to have the least animosity? Samford. I like the Bulldogs more and more.

Bah I don't really have a problem with it. It just annoys me when fans are pretty much comparing this to the second coming. (As if it was so bad before) Otherwise good luck!

PS. (I secretly cheer for Armanti to do well)

Mountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 03:02 PM

Makes you alright in my book. xnodx

P.S. I hope WCU improves on the football field. I am worried about your place in the SoCon, now being such an outlier - a good public university. :p

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I'm actually quite indifferent to this whole move. Unfortunately, that's all we're talking about right now so I have to drop my smartass comments in somewhere.

TheRevSFA
March 27th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Couple of notes

Apphole - Who the **** schedules a wedding during football? Why the **** didn't your friend stop this? Shame on him. Shame on him. A pox..a pox I say

okay I only had one note, but was too lazy to go back and quote...sue me.

AppAlum2003
March 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Ah, the ratings boner. Enjoy that, it's what you'll have to cling to going forward.

Yeah, 18 year old kids never take that into consideration when choosing a school. Larger audiences NEVER translate into a greater chance of getting noticed by NFL teams.

Saint3333
March 27th, 2013, 03:29 PM

They have already. Soccer and Wrestling to remain in the SoCon. THANK YOU!

fc97
March 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Will the SoCon have anything to do with it? I'm not sure, but I believe both App State and GSU will be "FCS Independents" this season.

from the newscasts today, they'll be part of the socon and will show in the standings but won't be eligible for winning that championship or autobid. the w-l information will be recorded as part of the conference though.

EKU-n-GSU
March 27th, 2013, 07:59 PM
That would be AWESOME.

Some horrifically disturbed friend of my girlfriend had the audacity to schedule her wedding on the same day as the GaSo game this coming season. Naturally, I declined the invitation, but I have been getting all sorts of **** from her since then. It would benefit me greatly to make the game AND dodge all the whining an bugging.

Always about you, huh? ;)

pokefan02
March 27th, 2013, 11:24 PM
App fans tell your AD to mail the buy-out check tomorrow to McNeese

word
March 28th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Go to the Sun Belt board.....your rellllevannnt now.

word
March 28th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Biggest move in history....I can't keep Marshall, Western Ky, and Troy off my TV.

seantaylor
March 28th, 2013, 02:41 AM
I wouldn't mind it. Whatever we do, adding a 12th game is an absolute must at the end of the season. No reason not to. If nothing else is available schedule a NAIA. Extra week of practice and revenue worth it. Not to mention prolonging the senior's season.

ASUMountaineer
March 28th, 2013, 08:59 AM
from the newscasts today, they'll be part of the socon and will show in the standings but won't be eligible for winning that championship or autobid. the w-l information will be recorded as part of the conference though.

Yeah, I wasn't 100% clear on that part. I knew we'd still play a SoCon schedule. Thanks man.

chattownmocs
March 28th, 2013, 08:59 AM
At least if you advance far enough in the playoffs you will grt on tv. There is absolutely no guarantee that GSU or ASU will be on tv anymore than the last place SOCON team.

ASUMountaineer
March 28th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Bah I don't really have a problem with it. It just annoys me when fans are pretty much comparing this to the second coming. (As if it was so bad before) Otherwise good luck!

You're a quality dude, for a Catamount! :D

All kidding aside, with having an App State coaching staff, I wish you guys the best in the SoCon. We were a lot more alike than different!

ASUMountaineer
March 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM
At least if you advance far enough in the playoffs you will grt on tv. There is absolutely no guarantee that GSU or ASU will be on tv anymore than the last place SOCON team.

That's a huge IF for UTC.