PDA

View Full Version : goodbye playoffs...hello "place your name here" bowl

pbr1893
March 26th, 2013, 10:54 PM
two things concern me...1st...not being able to play in the 13 playoffs...why is this so when odu was allowed to? 2nd...ok ok...some say fcs is dying...really??? app will never ever be considered for a championship ever again...we might get to play in a half empty stadium on a cold rainy day in some godaddy.com bowl. this conference is gonna suck when we have to look forward to playing ga. state whos been playing for a couple of years and has the same amount of fans and south alabama which hasnt been too stellar in their jump into football world. i think we could have waited for teams to shuffle this summer and then hoped a better suited conference would be out there....this one aint it im afraid. i will miss the playoffs dearly!xthumbsdownx

BlueHenSinfonian
March 26th, 2013, 11:27 PM
The door has opened for FBS playoffs. It may only be four teams in the coming year, but in time it will expand to 8, then 16, and maybe even 32. There's too much TV money in a playoff system to ignore the possibility.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 26th, 2013, 11:40 PM
The door has opened for FBS playoffs. It may only be four teams in the coming year, but in time it will expand to 8, then 16, and maybe even 32. There's too much TV money in a playoff system to ignore the possibility.

I don't see it ever getting past 10-12. The traditional college powers will not allow a watered down playoff system.

seantaylor
March 27th, 2013, 04:40 AM
I don't see it ever getting past 10-12. The traditional college powers will not allow a watered down playoff system.

LOL. The traditional powers have no say in it anymore. The BCS is just about dead. Boise has already kicked that door down multiple times.

jim121256
March 27th, 2013, 07:31 AM

I have several things I'd like to get off my chest. First of all, I think you're right about the expansion of the playoff, if not the numbers. How far it grows will depend on what the TV money looks like. I personally don't think it'll grow to 32, but I never thought I'd see the day that the NCAA B-ball tournament would have 60-something teams, either.

As to the original post, my thought is that GS and ASU need to go into the conference and take care of business. If they prove to be teams that have enough to offer, other opportunities will come along. If not, they're where they belong.

I'm trying to view this thing subjectively, even though I'm a GS alum and my son played at GS. My thought is that if we're making this move, we need to commit to whatever is necessary to be successful in the Sunbelt Conference. If that's our highest aspiration, fine. Do it and stay there. If we plan on moving to a more prestigious conference, then let's plan on commiting the resources necessary to compete at that level.

I'm not really concerned about someone else's perceptions on relevance. The Eagles are relevant to me now, just as they were when they started out as a club team. No matter where they end up, they probably won't be as important to me as they have been while my son was on the team. I'm not too worried about whether a fan of another school thinks we're relevant. NDSU football has been really important to me for the last couple of years, just as GS football has been important to NDSU fans, but only because each has known that a championship would have to involve beating the other. Now the two aren't that important to each other because we aren't in each other's way. It doesn't make one team more important or less important to the ones who count (their own players and fans).

Finally, to my fellow GS fans/alumni/etc. and to the fans of our favorite team to hate: yeah, we're making a move that's perceived as growth... as the Bible says: "Remember that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return." We're all going to have ups and downs. Let's don't be jerks like some of the fans of a couple of unnamed schools. Our reputations were built in and by Division 1-AA / FCS football and the competition there. Don't forget that. I also suspect that there'll never be another moment for GS that quite matches that comeback in the first national championship game or for ASU like the win at Michigan. If we dismiss where we're coming from, we're also diminishing ourselves.

Saint3333
March 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM
I hear WCU has a team.

App fans need to support their team no matter where they are playing.

I find it hard to believe that someone can look around at what has happened in college football the last 18 months and still think the SoCon is what is best for App long-term.

Southern Bison
March 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM
LOL. The traditional powers have no say in it anymore. The BCS is just about dead. Boise has already kicked that door down multiple times.

Like I've said before, Boise State has been about the only school to make any noise on the national level in the past 10-15 years. Good luck to App & GaSo. You were powerhouses and legends in the FCS, programs aspired to be "you"...If you can somehow be the rarity like Boise State in FBS, then congratulations will be in order. PBR1893 may be one of the more rational fans on here. There are numerous cases in business & life where getting bigger doesn't give you a better outcome.

It's done, so good luck.

SpeedkingATL
March 27th, 2013, 08:25 AM
I have several things I'd like to get off my chest. First of all, I think you're right about the expansion of the playoff, if not the numbers. How far it grows will depend on what the TV money looks like. I personally don't think it'll grow to 32, but I never thought I'd see the day that the NCAA B-ball tournament would have 60-something teams, either.

As to the original post, my thought is that GS and ASU need to go into the conference and take care of business. If they prove to be teams that have enough to offer, other opportunities will come along. If not, they're where they belong.

I'm trying to view this thing subjectively, even though I'm a GS alum and my son played at GS. My thought is that if we're making this move, we need to commit to whatever is necessary to be successful in the Sunbelt Conference. If that's our highest aspiration, fine. Do it and stay there. If we plan on moving to a more prestigious conference, then let's plan on commiting the resources necessary to compete at that level.

I'm not really concerned about someone else's perceptions on relevance. The Eagles are relevant to me now, just as they were when they started out as a club team. No matter where they end up, they probably won't be as important to me as they have been while my son was on the team. I'm not too worried about whether a fan of another school thinks we're relevant. NDSU football has been really important to me for the last couple of years, just as GS football has been important to NDSU fans, but only because each has known that a championship would have to involve beating the other. Now the two aren't that important to each other because we aren't in each other's way. It doesn't make one team more important or less important to the ones who count (their own players and fans).

Finally, to my fellow GS fans/alumni/etc. and to the fans of our favorite team to hate: yeah, we're making a move that's perceived as growth... as the Bible says: "Remember that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return." We're all going to have ups and downs. Let's don't be jerks like some of the fans of a couple of unnamed schools. Our reputations were built in and by Division 1-AA / FCS football and the competition there. Don't forget that. I also suspect that there'll never be another moment for GS that quite matches that comeback in the first national championship game or for ASU like the win at Michigan. If we dismiss where we're coming from, we're also diminishing ourselves.

Well stated. I would repeat what you said and insert App for GS and GS for App. I supported App before 1-AA/FCS was created, thru FCS and will continue into FBS. I expect that stands for the true fans of any FCS or FBS program.

Accelerati Incredibilus
March 27th, 2013, 08:47 AM
two things concern me...1st...not being able to play in the 13 playoffs...why is this so when odu was allowed to? 2nd...ok ok...some say fcs is dying...really??? app will never ever be considered for a championship ever again...we might get to play in a half empty stadium on a cold rainy day in some godaddy.com bowl. this conference is gonna suck when we have to look forward to playing ga. state whos been playing for a couple of years and has the same amount of fans and south alabama which hasnt been too stellar in their jump into football world. i think we could have waited for teams to shuffle this summer and then hoped a better suited conference would be out there....this one aint it im afraid. i will miss the playoffs dearly!xthumbsdownx

Why you are so concerned with not being able to win national championships in football when it has never been a problem with any other sport?

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM
app will never ever be considered for a championship ever againx

App is eligible for the 2014 Sunbelt championship to be played as a home game for the team with the best record. Winning such a game 2015 and on guarantees a BCS bowl bid.

xcoffeex

Just admit you're pissed that you might have to pay more for your stadium parking pass, you love Tar Heel Basketball and you're just a sore loser.

AshevilleApp2
March 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Well stated. I would repeat what you said and insert App for GS and GS for App. I supported App before 1-AA/FCS was created, thru FCS and will continue into FBS. I expect that stands for the true fans of any FCS or FBS program.

I'm in the same boat. I didn't want the move to the Sun Belt, but I support the program and will continue to do so.

AshevilleApp2
March 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Why you are so concerned with not being able to win national championships in football when it has never been a problem with any other sport?

Maybe because football was the only sport where it has been a realistic possibility?

GannonFan
March 27th, 2013, 09:01 AM
App is eligible for the 2014 Sunbelt championship to be played as a home game for the team with the best record. Winning such a game 2015 and on guarantees a BCS bowl bid.

xcoffeex

Just admit you're pissed that you might have to pay more for your stadium parking pass, you love Tar Heel Basketball and you're just a sore loser.

It doesn't guarantee a BCS bowl bid. That goes to the top team of all the non-power conference (former BCS conferences) champions, so the winner of the Sun Belt will need to beat out the winner of the MWC, CUSA, the former Big East Conference, the MAC, and any other non-power FBS conference out there, and that's just to get a BCS bowl that isn't part of the playoff system.

As for the playoffs growing, I don't see much promise that they will. The power conferences are not interested in sharing any more money than they have to. They don't want a repeat of the basketball tournament because they don't control that money. 4, 6, or 8 will probably be the most they ever expand to - any more than that and someone from outside of the power conferences could sneak in and destroy the whole facade. There's too much money involved to let that happen.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 09:11 AM

xcoffeex

While I may not share pbr's sentiments in this thread, you've crossed a line with your description. PBR is a quality, though rowdy, dude that bleeds black and gold. If you're going to be an attorney, and important lesson to learn is to "know your audience." I understand it's a message board, but if you don't know pbr then: 1) you should get to know him and 2) you should hold off on the insults.

The Moody1
March 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
1st...not being able to play in the 13 playoffs...why is this so when odu was allowed to?

ODU didn't submit their paperwork until after the deadline last year, so essentially they are on the same time table as APP.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
1) For all of Boise State's success, they have never qualified for the crystal ball trophy game, and if you think the SEC, B1G or PAC 10 will willingly let their 10-2 champion set themselves aside for that Boise State will be able to compete, I've got a bridge to sell you.

2) The crystal ball game has nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with keeping the SEC, B1G, Pac 12 and Big XII rich. Once you see that, it's silly to think about expanding the "playoffs" to anything beyond four.

MplsBison
March 27th, 2013, 10:00 AM

Watered down...or palest cocktail you've ever drank?

Expanded playoffs = revenue growth for college football beyond their wildest dreams...

MplsBison
March 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
1) For all of Boise State's success, they have never qualified for the crystal ball trophy game, and if you think the SEC, B1G or PAC 10 will willingly let their 10-2 champion set themselves aside for that Boise State will be able to compete, I've got a bridge to sell you.

2) The crystal ball game has nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with keeping the SEC, B1G, Pac 12 and Big XII rich. Once you see that, it's silly to think about expanding the "playoffs" to anything beyond four.

Money comes from TV. People watch TV if it's compelling.

Seeing Boise in the championship vs. an SEC or B1G team more compelling than watching a B1G v SEC or worse yet, two SEC teams go at it.

Simple fact. I see it. They'll see it. You'll see it...in your lifetime.

MplsBison
March 27th, 2013, 10:03 AM
It doesn't guarantee a BCS bowl bid. That goes to the top team of all the non-power conference (former BCS conferences) champions, so the winner of the Sun Belt will need to beat out the winner of the MWC, CUSA, the former Big East Conference, the MAC, and any other non-power FBS conference out there, and that's just to get a BCS bowl that isn't part of the playoff system.

As for the playoffs growing, I don't see much promise that they will. The power conferences are not interested in sharing any more money than they have to. They don't want a repeat of the basketball tournament because they don't control that money. 4, 6, or 8 will probably be the most they ever expand to - any more than that and someone from outside of the power conferences could sneak in and destroy the whole facade. There's too much money involved to let that happen.

As far as I know, there aren't any new FBS conferences planned for at least the first cycle of the new playoff. They've pretty much locked in the "group of five".

With Northern Illinois being the highest ranked "group of five" champion from last season - that proves the MAC and Sun Belt champion can get there.

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 10:11 AM
While I may not share pbr's sentiments in this thread, you've crossed a line with your description. PBR is a quality, though rowdy, dude that bleeds black and gold. If you're going to be an attorney, and important lesson to learn is to "know your audience." I understand it's a message board, but if you don't know pbr then: 1) you should get to know him and 2) you should hold off on the insults.

It just seemed like the same butt-hurt expressed by countless other anti-progress Apps in various forums, so I characterized it as such. I never commented on the man's character.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 10:27 AM
It just seemed like the same butt-hurt expressed by countless other anti-progress Apps in various forums, so I characterized it as such. I never commented on the man's character.

Disagree. You said he loves Tar Heel basketball. Game.Set.Match. ASUMountaineer. xnodx

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Disagree. You said he loves Tar Heel basketball. Game.Set.Match. ASUMountaineer. xnodx

I've found that (or allegiance to another FBS school) to be the common denominator among fans that continue to resist the move. You'd probably agree with me if I wasn't referring to a personal friend of yours. I apologize for presuming to much.

IBleedYellow
March 27th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Actually, You can judge a man's character by the team he cheers for. And the Tarheels are def one of them...

Back on topic: If you are a president of one of the SEC, B1G /12 Pac 12, etc. You are the cream of the crop. You get money from no playoff. Would you honestly want the chance for some little Georgia Southern or App State to come into "your" playoffs and possibly topple over one of your football programs? Exposing to the rest of the nation and Kirk Herby that the SEC or any of the others are NOT the super conferences like they claim to be?

If I was a president, hell NO! It would be MY cake and I wouldn't be sharing jack s!!t. If you think they will, you're nucking futs.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I've found that (or allegiance to another FBS school) to be the common denominator among fans that continue to resist the move. You'd probably agree with me if I wasn't referring to a personal friend of yours. I apologize for presuming to much.

I am not "friends" with pbr, other than I like to fancy myself friends of all Mountaineer fans. I've met him once, at the 09 Richmond game on the tour bus. Dude was hammered, but hilarious--almost missed the bus.

But, come on...I know that you would consider someone being a Tar Heel fan a major character flaw. xnodx xlolx

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Actually, You can judge a man's character by the team he cheers for. And the Tarheels are def one of them...

Back on topic: If you are a president of one of the SEC, B1G /12 Pac 12, etc. You are the cream of the crop. You get money from no playoff. Would you honestly want the chance for some little Georgia Southern or App State to come into "your" playoffs and possibly topple over one of your football programs? Exposing to the rest of the nation and Kirk Herby that the SEC or any of the others are NOT the super conferences like they claim to be?

If I was a president, hell NO! It would be MY cake and I wouldn't be sharing jack s!!t. If you think they will, you're nucking futs.

I think most of us agree with you, but one reason the NCAA men's tournament is a billion dollar business is because the underdog/outsider has a chance and occasionally gets on on the big guys. There could be some additional revenue to be squeezed out in a situation like that. Do I expect it to happen? Not really, at least anytime soon.

IBleedYellow
March 27th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I think most of us agree with you, but one reason the NCAA men's tournament is a billion dollar business is because the underdog/outsider has a chance and occasionally gets on on the big guys. There could be some additional revenue to be squeezed out in a situation like that. Do I expect it to happen? Not really, at least anytime soon.

Now, if/when it DOES happen. Go get em'! I still love the thought of playoffs. Even being the number 1 seeds scares me week in and week out.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Now, if/when it DOES happen. Go get em'! I still love the thought of playoffs. Even being the number 1 seeds scares me week in and week out.

I think we all love the playoffs. For me, it's just the nature of the deal. As John Fox likes to say, "it is what it is." If the FBS playoffs expand and become more accessible to the Gof5, then that will be great. However, it would be silly for us to hold our collective breath.

BisonFan02
March 27th, 2013, 11:12 AM

March Madness is a big industry because of brackets and gambling.....

Apps03
March 27th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I am not "friends" with pbr, other than I like to fancy myself friends of all Mountaineer fans. I've met him once, at the 09 Richmond game on the tour bus. Dude was hammered, but hilarious--almost missed the bus.

But, come on...I know that you would consider someone being a Tar Heel fan a major character flaw. xnodx xlolx

I was on that bus as well. What a great game and experience.

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 27th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Watered down...or palest cocktail you've ever drank?

Expanded playoffs = revenue growth for college football beyond their wildest dreams...

It will expand a little but not enough to make a difference for the smaller conferences. The power football school's ego goes beyond making money. It also has a lot lot do about physical superiority. Alabama would pay money not to have worry about getting physically embarrassed by a small school in a playoff.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 11:43 AM
March Madness is a big industry because of brackets and gambling.....

I'm sure neither of those would happen with a CFB playoff.../sarcasm

MplsBison
March 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM
It will expand a little but not enough to make a difference for the smaller conferences. The power football school's ego goes beyond making money. It also has a lot lot do about physical superiority. Alabama would pay money not to have worry about getting physically embarrassed by a small school in a playoff.

Unless they can make even more money by allowing the possibility of such a thing to happen.

Are the FBS playoffs ever going to get to 64? No. There are physical limits, obviously. But 16 or 24 is not impossible. Not. Impossible.

BisonFan02
March 27th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I'm sure neither of those would happen with a CFB playoff.../sarcasm

I was leaning more towards the underdog story not being the reason for the interest, but I don't necessarily agree with this statement either. College football isn't going to be able to expand a playoff system enough to generate interest in a "March Madness" style bracket frenzy to the casual viewer like college basketball, and the existing bowl system already provides plenty of options in Vegas....hell, the only reason a good chunk of the no name bowls get any interest is because of Vegas.

Skjellyfetti
March 27th, 2013, 12:47 PM

The BCS has been expanding, and it has made a difference for the smaller conferences.

1998 Tulane finished the regular season 11-0 and did not make a BCS game, despite being ranked 11.
If the same thing happened in 2012, they would have made a BCS game at the expense of an at-large BCS team.

I agree that powerful conferences will resist the expansion to open it up to non-AQ's... but, the expansion has been occurring and it will continue to occur.

Hammerhead
March 27th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I'd still call GSU a powerhouse since they were in the semifinals the past 2 seasons.

As for playoffs, they would probably be set up so a 3rd place team in the B1G or SEC would have a better chance of getting a spot over the top team in one of the current non-qualifier conferences.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 27th, 2013, 12:54 PM
The BCS has been expanding, and it has made a difference for the smaller conferences.

1998 Tulane finished the regular season 11-0 and did not make a BCS game, despite being ranked 11.
If the same thing happened in 2012, they would have made a BCS game at the expense of an at-large BCS team.

I agree that powerful conferences will resist the expansion to open it up to non-AQ's... but, the expansion has been occurring and it will continue to occur.

But starting in 2015 there will be no more BCS... just a bunch of guys in a smoke-filled room. Who will have no reason to "reward" schools like Tulane.

TheRevSFA
March 27th, 2013, 12:55 PM

But the thing with March Madness is that on that first weekend you have mutliple games going at once with the 2 rounds going through in four days.

Will that happen with BCS football? No.

I strongly doubt the BCS playoff goes beyond 4 schools. The power conferences don't want to share potential revenues.

TheRevSFA
March 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM

No it doesn't.

Skjellyfetti
March 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM
But starting in 2015 there will be no more BCS... just a bunch of guys in a smoke-filled room. Who will have no reason to "reward" schools like Tulane.

Same in FCS (see: Lehigh 2012).

The threat of lawsuit from non-BCS conferences was a big motivator to adopt the playoff system. It's also why they have gradually expanded the existing system over the past decade. The BCS conferences had no reason to "reward" schools like Boise, Utah, TCU, and especially Northern Illinois... but, they had to to stave of lawsuits. If the new system is more exclusive, they will be even more under threat of lawsuit.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Same in FCS (see: Lehigh 2012).

The threat of lawsuit from non-BCS conferences was a big motivator to adopt the playoff system. It's also why they have gradually expanded the existing system over the past decade. The BCS conferences had no reason to "reward" schools like Boise, Utah, TCU, and especially Northern Illinois... but, they had to to stave of lawsuits. If the new system is more exclusive, they will be even more under threat of lawsuit.

Which is why, eventually, the BCS is going to take it's big pile of cash and tell the NCAA to pound sand. Then the NCAA will just have Divison I once again.

Skjellyfetti
March 27th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I strongly doubt the BCS playoff goes beyond 4 schools. The power conferences don't want to share potential revenues.

They didn't want to share potential revenues in the previous system, either... but, ended up having to expand it gradually over the last decade.

Skjellyfetti
March 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Which is why, eventually, the BCS is going to take it's big pile of cash and tell the NCAA to pound sand. Then the NCAA will just have Divison I once again.

I certainly hope so. Which, is why it's good to start funding and recruiting on the 85 scholarship limit.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I certainly hope so. Which, is why it's good to start funding and recruiting on the 85 scholarship limit.

It will probably be more like 70 at the most. Non-schollys will have to make a decision about what they want to do but things will likely even out to make sure they don't have another bifurcation of divisions.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I was leaning more towards the underdog story not being the reason for the interest, but I don't necessarily agree with this statement either. College football isn't going to be able to expand a playoff system enough to generate interest in a "March Madness" style bracket frenzy to the casual viewer like college basketball, and the existing bowl system already provides plenty of options in Vegas....hell, the only reason a good chunk of the no name bowls get any interest is because of Vegas.

But the thing with March Madness is that on that first weekend you have mutliple games going at once with the 2 rounds going through in four days.

Will that happen with BCS football? No.

You both are missing where I said that I didn't think it would happen. I was just throwing out a scenario that could lead to an expansion. xrulesx

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 01:20 PM
You both are missing where I said that I didn't think it would happen. I was just throwing out a scenario that could lead to an expansion. xrulesx

The only reason there is parity in basketball as opposed to football is the number of players on the team. Funding 60 or 80 players is a lot different than 13

There will never be that same dynamic in football. Hypothetical or not.

TheRevSFA
March 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM
They didn't want to share potential revenues in the previous system, either... but, ended up having to expand it gradually over the last decade.

True, however, the BCS is slowly making itself independent of the NCAA. How long you think until they take their Crystal Ball and leave?

Skjellyfetti
March 27th, 2013, 01:24 PM
It will probably be more like 70 at the most. Non-schollys will have to make a decision about what they want to do but things will likely even out to make sure they don't have another bifurcation of divisions.

No way you're going to have FBS schools that have been funding 85 scholarships for years lose 15 scholarships by force. Much more likely to have increase # of scholarships by choice and schools can decide whether to remain in the 2nd tier or move to the 1st tier.

*tier as sponsored by NCAA, obviously still below a hypothetical BCS conference split from NCAA.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 27th, 2013, 01:28 PM
No way you're going to have FBS schools that have been funding 85 scholarships for years lose 15 scholarships by force. Much more likely to have increase # of scholarships by choice and schools can decide whether to remain in the 2nd tier or move to the 1st tier.

*tier as sponsored by NCAA, obviously still below a hypothetical BCS conference split from NCAA.

The NCAA has never been shy about cutting scholarships. Wasn't that the big fear about FCS? What makes you think they will worry about it for the upper division, whatever it's called.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 27th, 2013, 01:28 PM

..which led to the BCS formula... which is now getting buried to get a plus-one playoff. Consider it 1978 all over again, not 1996.

Skjellyfetti
March 27th, 2013, 01:30 PM
..which led to the BCS formula...

No... which led to an easing of the requirements for non-AQ teams to qualify for BCS bowls. Tulane didn't meet the 1998 criteria in the first year of the BCS. They would have met the 2012 criteria easily.

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 01:49 PM
The only reason there is parity in basketball as opposed to football is the number of players on the team. Funding 60 or 80 players is a lot different than 13

Oh Good Lord, fine you win. Wow. xsmhx

Happy? xrolleyesx

pbr1893
March 27th, 2013, 02:03 PM

xcoffeex

uhmmm...i dont park in stadium and money ain't the issue i can promise you that. i dont pull for the heels...never have...so get your facts straight please. you are mistaking me with someone else.

pbr1893
March 27th, 2013, 02:12 PM

well thats not true...you said i pulled for the tarheels....and thats a huge knock on my character. but then again, if asumountaineer is correct and you're gonna be a lawyer...then id expect no less in slandering my character. just curious what law school youll be attending? hopefully you dont become a closet fan for unc, wake, duke, nccu, campbell, or gulp...elon. then i could make the same aspersions about your team loyalty.

pbr1893
March 27th, 2013, 02:16 PM

thanx for the support...we all have differing opinions and ill admit that if jmu did enter into sb then it would be more appealing. i just hate to see the talent we have coming back not defend against a three peat challenge by the boys in fargo...so yes, im selfish but for good reason...that would be a hellava game in frisco!

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM
thanx for the support...we all have differing opinions and ill admit that if jmu did enter into sb then it would be more appealing. i just hate to see the talent we have coming back not defend against a three peat challenge by the boys in fargo...so yes, im selfish but for good reason...that would be a hellava game in frisco!

I'm sure the committee would have us play in the quarter finals anyway. I also hate it for Jamal and the seniors, but it had to happen to one senior class and the sooner the better for the program.

pbr1893
March 27th, 2013, 02:21 PM

bus...what bus??? richmond??? oh man, did i make it back? and to clarify...the hammered part is subjective but considering the way we won and celebrated...yes, guilty as charged...;)

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
well thats not true...you said i pulled for the tarheels....and thats a huge knock on my character. but then again, if asumountaineer is correct and you're gonna be a lawyer...then id expect no less in slandering my character. just curious what law school youll be attending? hopefully you dont become a closet fan for unc, wake, duke, nccu, campbell, or gulp...elon. then i could make the same aspersions about your team loyalty.

In retrospect I realize how depraved and insensitive the UNC comment was, and for that I apologize.

I'll PM you about law school.

pbr1893
March 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM
In retrospect I realize how depraved and insensitive the UNC comment was, and for that I apologize.

I'll PM you about law school.
oh good lord that must mean appalachian school of law-blue ridge but at least youd have the same first name to root for.

Apphole
March 27th, 2013, 02:36 PM
oh good lord that must mean appalachian school of law-blue ridge but at least youd have the same first name to root for.

I actually just found out that school existed a few days ago. Way below my pedigree though. xsmiley_wix

ASUMountaineer
March 27th, 2013, 02:43 PM
bus...what bus??? richmond??? oh man, did i make it back? and to clarify...the hammered part is subjective but considering the way we won and celebrated...yes, guilty as charged...;)

xlolx xsalutex

Hammerhead
March 28th, 2013, 10:00 AM
The bigger difference is you only have 5 starters in basketball and 24 starters in football if you count the kicker and punter. A roundball team with three blue-chippers and 10 average guys can do more damage than a football team with 3 blue chippers and 70 average guys.