PDA

View Full Version : Kennesaw St. names first FB coach

kdinva
March 24th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Brian Bohannon, from Ga. Tech........

http://ksuowls.com/news/2013/3/24/FB_0324130918.aspx

Lots of years with teams running the triple...........will the Owls do so, too?

Skjellyfetti
March 24th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Perfect future addition for the ToCon

seantaylor
March 25th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Chrissy Hatcher passed over, despite Murray's deception.

seantaylor
March 25th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Interesting hire. Bohannon was always the third of fourth in command for PJ after Monken and Jasper.

PaladinFan
March 25th, 2013, 07:13 AM

Not sure he'd take it even if offered. Having followed closely Bobby Lamb at Mercer, it is a monumental task to begin a program from scratch.

KSU is probably wise to go with the option. No slight to triple option teams (as it is one of my favorite offenses to watch), but it is just a lot easier to recruit that offense.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 25th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Good hire, and I think choosing the TO for an offense is a wise choice.

What kind of deception are you talking about? The part where Hatcher has turned a team that was winning 3 games a year into one that wins 6 or 7?

SpeedkingATL
March 25th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Looks like a good choice and the possibility of another option team for the SoCon. Should rename the SoCon to CutblockCon.

PaladinFan
March 25th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Good hire, and I think choosing the TO for an offense is a wise choice.

What kind of deception are you talking about? The part where Hatcher has turned a team that was winning 3 games a year into one that wins 6 or 7?

Seantaylor has a very hard time grasping that Hatcher has won everywhere he's been but Georgia Southern. I am quite convinced he would have won there as well if GSU had not handed him a triple option team with one good player and expected a national title in two years.

boogereagle
March 25th, 2013, 04:56 PM

Uh, why don't you just go back up north to Pennsylvania or whatever rustbelt turdbucket you sprang from and stop embarrassing real Southerners, you transplant.

seantaylor
March 26th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Uh, why don't you just go back up north to Pennsylvania or whatever rustbelt turdbucket you sprang from and stop embarrassing real Southerners, you transplant.

LOL. Keep sucking off the terrible coach that was Hatcher, rube. Real southerners. Hahah.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
March 26th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Brian Bohannon, from Ga. Tech........

http://ksuowls.com/news/2013/3/24/FB_0324130918.aspx

Lots of years with teams running the triple...........will the Owls do so, too?

Derek Dooley wasn't available?

BigSouthFB
March 26th, 2013, 07:34 AM
They won't run the TO. Great hire IMHO. Played at UGA, Coached at Southern and GT, knows the Cobb county area really well and can recruit Georgia. I'd say they'll be successful very quickly if their admin commits to funding it.

walliver
March 26th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Not sure he'd take it even if offered. Having followed closely Bobby Lamb at Mercer, it is a monumental task to begin a program from scratch.

KSU is probably wise to go with the option. No slight to triple option teams (as it is one of my favorite offenses to watch), but it is just a lot easier to recruit that offense.

The TO has the advantage of being able to use smaller QB's, RB's and linemen. The downside is that there are very few high school TO QB's available as the TO is no longer popular at the high school level.