PDA

View Full Version : Mess on Yosef's Cabin

SoCon2013
March 23rd, 2013, 04:03 PM
To Yosef on Yosef's Cabin:

I received this message when I tried to log on:

An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.

Does this mean I have been hacked?

What gives???

ursus arctos horribilis
March 23rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
To Yosef on Yosef's Cabin:

I received this message when I tried to log on:

An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.

Does this mean I have been hacked?

What gives???

I'm not sure but I can tell you that the guys with or that use yahoo accounts get hacked all the damn time and it's been especially bad the last few weeks.

In my personal email the friends with yahoo are the ones that get hacked and I don't know if yahoo doesn't give an option for a two step verification so you can't be hacked but all I know is that yahoo sucks and the friends that have those accounts just get thrown in my spam email folder cuz I get sick of it and don't care to deal with their inability to take care of the problem.

IBleedYellow
March 23rd, 2013, 08:15 PM
If you are not using 2 Step verification you can be hacked, no matter how good the password. I would highly suggest not using an accounts from providers that don't allow 2 step.

Nexus 4

ursus arctos horribilis
March 23rd, 2013, 08:20 PM
If you are not using 2 Step verification you can be hacked, no matter how good the password. I would highly suggest not using an accounts from providers that don't allow 2 step.

Nexus 4

Amen, you are a big f'n pain in the *** for anyone on your contact list...can anyone tell this is sort of a pet peeve of mine? xlolx

SoCon2013
March 23rd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Amen, you are a big f'n pain in the *** for anyone on your contact list...can anyone tell this is sort of a pet peeve of mine? xlolx

What is a two step password? Is it like BOA has where you have a password and then a picture to confirm? Thanks for any help you can give.

SoCon2013
March 24th, 2013, 01:58 PM

Nexus 4

Can you or anyone else recommend a better e-mail provider?

IBleedYellow
March 24th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Can you or anyone else recommend a better e-mail provider?

Yahoo does offer 2 step verification, but if you want to change, I am a big fan of Gmail. I've used it since it was in beta back many years ago.
I'm going to give you a link that should help you out with basically anything else. :)

http://www.howtogeek.com/130844/secure-yourself-by-using-two-step-verification-on-these-16-web-services/

What 2-Step Verification does:

When you login with your password, the service will require you to input a unique string that is produced for you to either login once(Single Session Login) or it will save the Mac Address/IP Address of the computer that you are currently logging into. 2 Step CAN get annoying in that you have to possibly add this extra step every time that you login. The benefit is that no one can get your account if they don't have your phone.

That string can be sent to you by either Text Message or an Application that you install on your Android or iOS powered smartphone. Goodluck, and enjoy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-factor_authentication

ursus arctos horribilis
March 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Gmail kicks ***. With all the other stuff you get for free with Gmail like Docs, voice, etc. it's what I use as well.

As far as the 2 step being annoying...I only have to use it if I go somewhere outside of my home or office to login so not very often and it's extremely easy to type in the 6 digit code they send to you in a text message almost instantly.

A couple of times I've gotten a text while I'm working and knew that I was logged in to my account so some dick was trying to hack and didn't get it done.

kdinva
March 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought maybe CitDog went there and did "something".... :pumpuke: xasswhipx

Mountaineer
March 26th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Is anyone else having the problem of logging in and being sent to Facebook in a continual loop?! Can someone please get Yosef to look into the problem.

Jesus H. I hate social media plugins. I just want to log into the f'in message board. xrolleyesx

The Moody1
March 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Is anyone else having the problem of logging in and being sent to Facebook in a continual loop?! Can someone please get Yosef to look into the problem.

Jesus H. I hate social media plugins. I just want to log into the f'in message board. xrolleyesx

Same problem here. Is Facebook the price we pay to go FBS?xdontknowx

Apphole
March 26th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Same problem here. Is Facebook the price we pay to go FBS?xdontknowx

Yeah WTF.

Smitty
March 26th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Ugh I just want to see the threads not comment in them...

The Moody1
March 26th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Got an e-mail reply. They are aware of the issue and will correct.