PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Small School NFL Draft Classes

smallcollegefbfan
August 31st, 2006, 11:16 AM
Interesting to see that Hampton has the top class. From what most legit draft sites say that is right but I am a little suprised that nobody else has as many top guys like Hampton. I guess when you look at schools like Montana, App State, Furman, McNeese, JMU, etc. there are more juniors being looked at or transfers and it is tough to rank a team loaded with transfers high because you don't know for sure.

http://www.gbnreport.com/top25draftclasses.html

grizbeer
August 31st, 2006, 11:29 AM
Montana doesn't seem to have a lot of kids drafted to the NFL, and usually when they do they are linemen, despite the success Montana has had on the field.

I'm not sure why that is, I would like to think Montana builds overall solid teams with depth at all positions, and spread responsibility around for success, and not rely on the 2 - 3 star (NFL draft choice) players to carry the team. For example Montana rarely has the best player in the conference, (much less the nation) but many players that rank in the top 3 for their position, so it is more difficult to beat the Griz by keying on 1 player. That's why the Griz are still optimistic this year, despite losing a legitimate superstar draft candidate in Lex Hillard, and how Montana can continue to be a top-ranked team each year despite losing good players, instead of the "great year, then re-build year" cycle that so many teams go through.

That's my theory, anyway.

mikebigg
August 31st, 2006, 01:51 PM
Interesting to see that Hampton has the top class. From what most legit draft sites say that is right but I am a little suprised that nobody else has as many top guys like Hampton. I guess when you look at schools like Montana, App State, Furman, McNeese, JMU, etc. there are more juniors being looked at or transfers and it is tough to rank a team loaded with transfers high because you don't know for sure.

http://www.gbnreport.com/top25draftclasses.html

Congrats Hampton... But it will be short-lived. September 2nd is less than 2 days away!:nod:

Good luck after Saturday... Seriously!:bow:

GaSouthern
August 31st, 2006, 02:05 PM
Montana doesn't seem to have a lot of kids drafted to the NFL, and usually when they do they are linemen, despite the success Montana has had on the field.

I'm not sure why that is, I would like to think Montana builds overall solid teams with depth at all positions, and spread responsibility around for success, and not rely on the 2 - 3 star (NFL draft choice) players to carry the team. For example Montana rarely has the best player in the conference, (much less the nation) but many players that rank in the top 3 for their position, so it is more difficult to beat the Griz by keying on 1 player. That's why the Griz are still optimistic this year, despite losing a legitimate superstar draft candidate in Lex Hillard, and how Montana can continue to be a top-ranked team each year despite losing good players, instead of the "great year, then re-build year" cycle that so many teams go through.

That's my theory, anyway.

I feel GSU is in a very similar boat, lack of NFL draftee's could be blamed on a 3-O offense though. Minus AP and a few D stars.