PDA

View Full Version : Expectations High For Delaware State

superman7515
March 20th, 2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130320/SPORTS08/303200043/Delaware-State-University-s-expectations-high-spring-football-begins

DOVER — Last fall, Kermit Blount guided Delaware State’s football team to its first winning season since 2007.

This spring, Blount, preparing for his third season as the Hornets’ head coach, has a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference championship in his sights.

Delaware State began its annual spring football camp on Tuesday. It will include 15 practice sessions, highlighted by the Red/White scrimmage on April 13 at Alumni Stadium.

“I can’t wait,” said Brandon Cunningham, a redshirt senior offensive lineman who was a second team all-conference selection last season. “Spring’s always a great time to get back into it. After a couple of months off, it’s always great to get back onto the field.”

“We just really want to get back to the way we finished up back in 2012,” Blount said. “We want to put it back together and try to keep it going, go back to the basics this spring and try to get these kids better on the field as well as off.”

The Hornets went 6-5 last season and 5-3 in the MEAC, finishing in a tie for third place.

“We’ve been waiting all offseason for this to see where we’re at,” said Ernest Adjei, the team’s senior inside linebacker. “We want to make it far more than consistent, we want to make it to the playoffs and then go the national championship. Why not?

“That’s what we’re working for. That’s way I’m glad we have spring ball is to see what we have.”

DSUrocks07
March 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM
We need to flesh out our QB situation quickly. With Elko gone, hopefully our offense can get on the same page quickly. I would hate to see a two QB system. This is where we'll see how good Blount is in his decision making.