PDA

View Full Version : UTEP's coach needs some education

PantherRob82
August 31st, 2006, 08:30 AM
Quote from article on San Diego St vs. UTEP:

"I'd rather be playing the University of San Diego than San Diego State, although the University of San Diego is a pretty darn good Division II school," Price joked, referring to the team coached by Jim Harbaugh, which is actually Division I-AA."

Mike Johnson
August 31st, 2006, 09:47 AM
Mike Price should know what Division IAA is. After all, he was the head coach at Weber State many years ago, before going on to Washington State and infamy.

On the other hand, he could have been refering to the University of California at San Diego, which is Division II. But, I suspect he didn't.

putter
August 31st, 2006, 10:16 AM
Wasn't Mike Price the coach of the Cougs when the Griz beat them 35-21?

grizbeer
August 31st, 2006, 11:01 AM
Wasn't Mike Price the coach of the Cougs when the Griz beat them 35-21?
I think you are thinking of Oregon State - Montana hasn't beat WSU since 1947. maybe those hookers scrambled Price's brain a little, but more likely that is how he feels about I-AA, and how he recruits against I-AA, by telling the kids it is D-II.

putter
August 31st, 2006, 11:50 AM
I think you are thinking of Oregon State - Montana hasn't beat WSU since 1947. maybe those hookers scrambled Price's brain a little, but more likely that is how he feels about I-AA, and how he recruits against I-AA, by telling the kids it is D-II.

Good call grizbeer. I don't know how I got WASUU but I did. Ryan Leaf must have brainwashed him into thinking there were no D-I teams in the area..

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 31st, 2006, 11:54 AM
Didn't Mike Price get fired from UGA a week after getting hired? If so what did he do?

GeauxColonels
August 31st, 2006, 12:12 PM
Didn't Mike Price get fired from UGA a week after getting hired? If so what did he do?
Nope. :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nono: :nono: :nono:

But he did get fired from the University of Alabama before the season because he was hanging out with strippers and such.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

bobcatfan06
August 31st, 2006, 06:02 PM
Nope. :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nono: :nono: :nono:

But he did get fired from the University of Alabama before the season because he was hanging out with strippers and such.xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

He shouldn't be in El Paso, if he was hanging out with strippers and such.