PDA

View Full Version : Matt Dougherty's "Extra Point"

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2006, 01:09 PM
A little suprised by his predicted Umass-Gate margin.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4038127.htm

GannonFan
August 30th, 2006, 01:18 PM
Nah, Matt's right on that one - UMass is good and Colgate doesn't play well on the road in Amherst. Colgate will get better as the year goes on, though - if this game was in November it could be different.

bluehenbillk
August 30th, 2006, 02:35 PM
I don't know what stations this kid watches but I'd make a load of cash taking the 1-A schools with the scores he has predicted. Save one, maybe two games tops, the 1-AA schools will take larger beatings than he's predicted across the board. I know that may rub some people the wrong way, but it's reality.

carney2
August 30th, 2006, 02:55 PM
A little suprised by his predicted Umass-Gate margin.

Not me. All due respect to the 'gate posters on this board, but I've been thinking for months that this one could get ugly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Not me. All due respect to the 'gate posters on this board, but I've been thinking for months that this one could get ugly.

I'm just suprised because he has Colgate as the only ranked PL team. I've become a little more leary of Colgate the last month. If get they get their heads knocked in against Umass i think that's a bad sign for the rest of the year. Colgate only returns 10 starters so a lot of their success is based on guys stepping up and filling shoes. I think they might struggle more this year then some expect.

ngineer
August 30th, 2006, 07:14 PM
AS noted by Dougherty, CU has been a notoriously slow starter over the years. The Minutemen should win, especially at home. And while the game might be a little closer, if the defense finds its feet early, should be in control. Same teams meeting in November could well have different outcome.

Henny
August 30th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I know UD had some off the filed problems but this is no reason to take
it out on the players that are at UD. The Hens are a legit playoff team and there is no convincincing me otherwise. I guess the lesson here is dont punish the players who didnt have anything to do with the off the field problems. we have already reloaded.

Tribe4SF
August 30th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I know UD had some off the filed problems but this is no reason to take
it out on the players that are at UD. The Hens are a legit playoff team and there is no convincincing me otherwise. I guess the lesson here is dont punish the players who didnt have anything to do with the off the field problems. we have already reloaded.

:confused: What are you talking about?:confused:

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 31st, 2006, 09:00 AM
Hey, you'd be insecure if you were a Blue Hen too...

To answer your question though - I HAVE NO FEAKIN' CLUE! Must be alluding to something in the article, or he got lost on the way to the making excuses thread. xidiotx

SunCoastBlueHen
August 31st, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evidently, Henny feels slighted that we were not picked as a playoff team. The Hens, however are young, unproved, and have too many question marks to deserve any pre-season accolades. Delaware has the potential to be a very good football team, but mediocrity is also a distinct possibility.

Pard94
August 31st, 2006, 03:37 PM
How has this thread gone this long without Colgate 13 chiming in? I hope he didn't pass out upon reading it and hit is head on something hard.

douglasdmb
August 31st, 2006, 03:45 PM
While the name change will be the most visible development, a few playoff- friendly moves will also help provide a better atmosphere for the Division I Football Championship. The Board of Directors approved an additional $450,000 in the Division I budget to go for playoff enhancements, which will allow for increased travel parties for the preliminary and title rounds.

Increased travel parties? What exactly does this mean?

Henny
August 31st, 2006, 08:21 PM
Sun Coast where do you get this untested potential medeocre stuff

we have a stud QB transfer, 7 offensive linemen back with starting experience , one on the best TE in the nation (including I-A). The best RB's in I-AA with depth at all positions.

Defense is the deepest at DB in memory, LBs will improve dramatically and d line the only question.

We went 6-5 after extensive injuries and still beat our three rivals at the end of the year with a patchwork lineup. (funny how they chimed in on the thread)

DAMN RIGHT WE SHOULD BE IN THE PLAYOFFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!