PDA

View Full Version : Tuskegee Backs out of Turkey Day Classic

Lehigh Football Nation
March 6th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Whoa!

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4573137

Laker
March 6th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I read that since Winston Salem got to the D2 championship game that Tuskegee hopes to get into the D2 playoffs.

dgtw
March 6th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I read that since Winston Salem got to the D2 championship game that Tuskegee hopes to get into the D2 playoffs.

Competing in the playoffs? What a concept!!!!!

superman7515
March 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Back out of the Turkey Day Classic? People have known this was going to happen for 2 years. Why the "whoa"? It was completely expected and widely known and reported on.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 6th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Back out of the Turkey Day Classic? People have known this was going to happen for 2 years. Why the "whoa"? It was completely expected and widely known and reported on.

Not by me. xlolx

superman7515
March 6th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Alabama State themselves discussed not continuing the game at all not that long ago because of their institutional desire to re-enter the playoffs, ASU is even open to pursuing other conference affiliation if the right opportunity presents itself.

813Jag
March 7th, 2013, 07:08 AM
they've already replaced Tuskegee with Stillman, also the Turkey Day Classic is ASU's homecoming so the game will continue until they decide they are thru with it.

DSUrocks07
March 7th, 2013, 02:46 PM
they've already replaced Tuskegee with Stillman, also the Turkey Day Classic is ASU's homecoming so the game will continue until they decide they are thru with it.

As long as they can continue to sell out their stadium for the TDC regardless of the opponent, it's going to be awhile before they decide to ditch it.

Mr. C
March 7th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Maybe Alabama State decided it might try to find an easier opponent to actually win a game against. ASU hasn't been that successful against Tuskegee in recent years.