PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth University Schedule

Dave195
March 6th, 2013, 02:26 PM
http://www.gomuhawks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=206627561&DB_OEM_ID=14300

danefan
March 6th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Tough but good schedule for an Indy.

Date

Opponent (Conference)

Place

2012 Record

Series Record

8/29

Montana St. (Big Sky)

Bozeman, Mont.

11-2 (NCAA Qtr finals)

FIRST MEETING

9/7

Liberty (Big South)

Lynchburg, Va.

6-5 (Big South Champs)

FIRST MEETING

9/14

Lehigh (Patriot League)

Kessler Field

10-1

4-0 Lehigh

9/21

Holy Cross (Patriot League)

Worcester, Mass.

2-9

FIRST MEETING

9/28

Columbia (Ivy League)

New York, N.Y.

3-7

FIRST MEETING

10/5

Robert Morris (NEC)

Kessler Field

4-7

10-8 RMU

10/12

Saint Francis (NEC)

Loretto, Pa.

5-6

17-3 MU

10/19

Cornell (Ivy League)

Kessler Field

4-6

1-0 Cornell

10/26

OPEN DATE

11/2

Sacred Heart (NEC)

Fairfield, Conn.

2-9

13-5 MU

11/9

Wagner (NEC)

Staten Island, N.Y.

9-4 (NCAA 2nd Round)

10-10 Tie

11/16

Bryant (NEC)

Smithfield, R.I.

4-7

4-1 MU

11/23

Duquesne (NEC)

Kessler Field

5-6
5-2 MU

danefan
March 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM
8 away games sucks but that's life as an Indy.

Dave195
March 6th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Yup, they're moving up and they need to play better teams and more road games this season. Gotta suck it up. Columbia and Wagner are basically home games anyway though haha! I really want to go to the MU v Columbia game in NY

Sader87
March 6th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Oh joy.... Bryant, Central Connecticut and now Monmouth on the schedule next year. Somewhere "Bullet Bill" Osmanski silently weeps...

danefan
March 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Oh joy.... Bryant, Central Connecticut and now Monmouth on the schedule next year. Somewhere "Bullet Bill" Osmanski silently weeps...

You'll be lucky to go 1-2.

Sader87
March 6th, 2013, 05:36 PM
You'll be lucky to go 1-2.

The sad thing is....I couldn't care less.

aceinthehole
March 6th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Guess CCSU couldn't get a date with MU this season - we're the only NEC team not on the 2013 schedule. Hope to see the Hawks in future years.

This is a good schedule for an Indy, but home games are going to be hard to get.

aceinthehole
March 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM

And the Crusaders will be making a future trip to West Long Branch, NJ xlolx

“When you’re in a transitional year without definite home and homes to play you’ve got to basically take what you can get,” Callahan said.
“That’s one part of it. The other part of it is in our search to find the best teams we could put on the schedule many times you’ve got to start that game away.
“For instance, Holy Cross will be returning the date to us,” Callahan said. “Liberty will be coming back here once we’re in the Big South.”
Walt Hameline, Wagner football coach and athletic director, and Callahan said the series between their schools will remain an annual contest.
“It’s been a great rivalry,” said Hameline, a Colts Neck resident. “It’s been great for both schools and it’s something we want to continue.”
“It makes sense from an economical and competitive standpoint,” Callahan said. “We’ve kind of written it in going out the next four or five years.”
“I want to play them in everything to be honest with you, right across the board,” Hameline said. “I hope as time moves we can play them in all our sports, basketball, the whole deal.”
http://blogs.app.com/hawks/2013/03/06/mu-football-schedule-2013-announced/

JMG1MON
March 6th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Good solid schedule. Pretty much what I expected it to be. I wouldn't mind a 2nd Big South opponent, but I'm happy. Eight away games is going to be brutal.

JMG1MON
March 6th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Would also love to see one of the 2 day trip games after the bye be switched with a non-day trip game from pre-bye.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 7th, 2013, 08:13 AM
“I want to play them in everything to be honest with you, right across the board,” Hameline said. “I hope as time moves we can play them in all our sports, basketball, the whole deal.”

http://blogs.app.com/hawks/2013/03/06/mu-football-schedule-2013-announced/

I'm going to take a wild stab and say he doesn't mean in the Big South.

aceinthehole
March 7th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I'm going to take a wild stab and say he doesn't mean in the Big South.

Yep. And did you read this:

Hameline declined to comment about the NEC’s decision to deny Monmouth’s request to continue in the league as an associate member in football.

“That was a decision that was made for whatever reason,’ he said. “At the end of the day it’s (conference realignment) happening all over the country. So politely I’m going to cover my tail there.”

Hameline said gaining membership so quickly in another football conference was a significant development for the Hawks. “Talking with Kevin, they’re really excited,” Hameline said . “I’ve always said the bottom line here is to have an automatic bid for your student athletes.”

Those school are very close - a short drive over the Gothels Bridge. If Siena gets the call to the A-10 to replace the schools joining the Catholic-7, then I think Wagner is on the short list to join the MAAC.

The Seahawks were already rumored to be considered by the MAAC at the time MU and QU were added, so I think it is safe to assume Hamline is planning or preparing for further realignment in the future. With the recent word than Wagner is funding 60 football "equivs," I see no reason they couldn't follow Monmouth's lead for a MAAC/Big South hybrid conference membership.

Go Green
March 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM

Can't tell you how many times a year that some old coot on the Ivy board pisses and moans about scheduling NEC or PFL teams when back in his day the Ivy played "real" teams.... and then his team subsequently loses to said NEC/PFL team.

DFW HOYA
March 7th, 2013, 09:35 AM

One could hear the same wailing and gnashing of teeth the year the Holy Cross fans started palying Georgetown.

Arriving at Georgetown's awkward rooftop home, Kehoe Field, in 1996 (and yes, it was a roof), one HC fan famously said, "We used to play Army, now this."

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 7th, 2013, 12:56 PM
That is a brutal 4 game stretch to open the season.

Go Green
March 7th, 2013, 01:13 PM
That is a brutal 4 game stretch to open the season.

Three, yes.

Four, no.

M Ruler
March 7th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Very surprised that Albany is not on the schedule. Ford and Callahan are close friends and Monmouth was always Albany's biggest rival for a long time.

I would be surprised if this series is not renewed