PDA

View Full Version : Which Division I-AA

PSUVikings
August 30th, 2006, 09:57 AM
message board is the best? for me hands down it's eGriz, there are big Divison IA schools without a board like that, doubt anyone can top that, well can anyone?

Eaglegus2
August 30th, 2006, 09:59 AM
message board is the best? for me hands down it's eGriz, there are big Divison IA schools without a board like that, doubt anyone can top that, well can anyone?

you need to visit the Georgia Southern board

www.tscsports.com

89Hen
August 30th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Best I-AA board around (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/)

AppGuy04
August 30th, 2006, 10:12 AM

agreed:nod: :nod:

dbackjon
August 30th, 2006, 10:14 AM
:hurray:

But I think he meant which Division I-AA SCHOOL message board is the best...:D

And eGriz is one of the best, as much as it pains me to say.

PSUVikings
August 30th, 2006, 10:16 AM

ha ha, very funny, you are correct that is the best Divison IAA board, I meant a board based around one team

AppGuy04
August 30th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Homer boards suck, they have no objectivity

biobengal
August 30th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Good one Hen. :thumbsup:

I'll have to disagree with psufan, Egriz is obviously a very active board but it's rather bland when it comes to BSC talk. Totally provicial. If talking BSC football is your thing the bobcat board is better.

I've been poking around the UNLV board for the last few days, hands down the worst I-AA board. :smiley_wi

blackfordpu
August 30th, 2006, 10:33 AM

Good one hen and very true!

katfans.com is pretty good.

89Hen
August 30th, 2006, 10:43 AM
BTW, have to tip my hat to HensRock who runs http://www.gohens.net. It is a great Blue Hen site and the fans there are extremely knowledgable about the Hens. They even have meetings at a Newark watering hole with guest speakers in the off-season. He also runs pick-em games during the season in which he invites everyone from here. Check it out sometime.

HPCAT
August 30th, 2006, 11:22 AM
http://bobcatfans.tempwebpage.com/index.php is top notch.

Very active for SLC discussion and is growing rapidly.

Actually, some SLC brethren post on our board more than on their own dead boards.

Brent/Rick do a great job and we usually have breaking news on the SLC first on our Premium Board.

And now we have our own Magazine !!!!!! :hurray:

ASU Kep
August 30th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Aesthetically, Furman's would be very, very hard to beat. Not a lot of posts, though (at least during the off-season).

The MMB (Mountaineer Message Board) is very active and has a lot of very informed posters, but the site quite frankly is the ugliest message board I've ever seen.

Georgia Southern's site lies somewhere in the middle of the two on both aesthetics and posters.

Those are the only three that I'm really familiar with.

seantaylor
August 30th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Aesthetically, Furman's would be very, very hard to beat. Not a lot of posts, though (at least during the off-season).

The MMB (Mountaineer Message Board) is very active and has a lot of very informed posters, but the site quite frankly is the ugliest message board I've ever seen.

Georgia Southern's site lies somewhere in the middle of the two on both aesthetics and posters.

Those are the only three that I'm really familiar with.

GSU's board is much more active than Apps.

ASU Kep
August 30th, 2006, 08:13 PM
GSU's board is much more active than Apps.

I'd call BS on that. I'm just a lurker, though, so I don't have access to the one forum you have to register for...I'm lazy. :nod:

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
www.thetribehasspoken.net

That one would be good but nobody is posting there:D

August 30th, 2006, 08:59 PM
www.thetribehasspoken.net
That one would be good but nobody is posting there:DHEY! I've posted there!

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 30th, 2006, 09:32 PM
HEY! I've posted there!You are now tied with 2 other people for highest post count not including the admin(me):(

pete4256
August 30th, 2006, 11:29 PM
I'd call BS on that. I'm just a lurker, though, so I don't have access to the one forum you have to register for...I'm lazy. :nod:

What I think is strange is that the main forum over at tscsports.com has been the one called "The Flight Line" for the last 4 or 5 months. It's still not even listed on the front page of TSCSports, so if anyone here lurks around The Eagle's Nest, it looks like we're not active at all. The forum was even locked for a month or so., hence the lack of recent posts.

seantaylor
August 31st, 2006, 12:07 AM

TSC sports has over 3100 members. Way more active than Appy's board.

ASU Kep
August 31st, 2006, 12:22 AM
What I think is strange is that the main forum over at tscsports.com has been the one called "The Flight Line" for the last 4 or 5 months. It's still not even listed on the front page of TSCSports, so if anyone here lurks around The Eagle's Nest, it looks like we're not active at all. The forum was even locked for a month or so., hence the lack of recent posts.

Aaah, the I-AA vs. I-A forum. I've actually have been (sort of) keeping tabs on that (usually you guys talk a whole lot about us:D ). Even with that, I still think App's is more active, and Furman's is "prettier". I'm not nearly interested enough to do a day-by-day average or anything to back that up, but it's just my general impression.

ASU Kep
August 31st, 2006, 12:23 AM
TSC sports has over 3100 members. Way more active than Appy's board.

I'm not talking member count. Elon's board might have 1,234,732 members...but it still sucks.

Baldy
August 31st, 2006, 12:32 AM
Aaah, the I-AA vs. I-A forum. I've actually have been (sort of) keeping tabs on that (usually you guys talk a whole lot about us:D ). Even with that, I still think App's is more active, and Furman's is "prettier". I'm not nearly interested enough to do a day-by-day average or anything to back that up, but it's just my general impression.
Sorry Kep, I'm on TSC regularly and look in on the MMB quite often. TSC blows the MMB away as far as activity goes.....by at least a 2 or 3 to 1 margin or more. It's not even close. As far as activity is concerned, the MMB is probably closer to the uffp.com than it is to TSC.

chattanoogamocs
August 31st, 2006, 12:54 AM
I know both schools had sites/boards earlier, but in the current incarnation...

TSC...first post 4/7/2002, total posts 172,249
MMB...first post 6/25/2000, total posts 130,818
(TSC = roughly 25% more posts in 67% of the time*)
*approx. numbers, i.e. no calculator

The new UFFP site has been up such a short period of time that it is hard to make a comparison...but the activity is on par with MMB.

But there is no doubt that the Big 3 in football also equates to the Big 3 in SoCon messageboard.

FYI...Chattanooga (mocfans.com) runs a distant 4th...first post 1/25/2002, total posts 40,839
(though half of those posts have been in the last 15 months).

Western is 5th...first post 4/2/2001, total posts 28,348

The rest all have relatively new boards...
Elon (8,762),
and The Citadel (1,581),
Wofford (1,434)

With the addition of the lords of discipline board last December (definitely wins the title of coolest messageboard name in the SoCon), the SoCon now has independent fan messageboards for all 12 member institutions. :thumbsup: