PDA

View Full Version : National Champs?

PSUVikings
August 30th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Without trying to be a Homer, pick who you think will win the national championship this year

I'm going with Eastern Illinois, not the top team but they will sneak in as a dark horse come post-season

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 30th, 2006, 09:41 AM
UNH

GannonFan
August 30th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Without trying to be a Homer, pick who you think will win the national championship this year

I'm going with Eastern Illinois, not the top team but they will sneak in as a dark horse come post-season

Wow, an OVC team, to not only win a game in the playoffs (hasn't happened since 1996) but to win 4 games. That's a tough call to make.

I go with Montana - I like their team make-up, I'm always one who criticizes the lack of depth in the Big Sky so I think they can easily get a top 4 seed, and they have some talent there.

89Hen
August 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM
A bold pick there. They are 0 for their last 6 trips to the playoffs and they play Illinois, Hawaii and Illinois State OOC this year. Odds are they won't even be in the playoffs. :twocents:

OL FU
August 30th, 2006, 09:54 AM
UNH

My first choice is your first choice.

After that I think ASU has a legitimate shot again.
If they finish 9-2 this year they have another good shot at being seeded. 10-1 is a definite seed.

Eaglegus2
August 30th, 2006, 09:55 AM
FURMAN

McNeese75
August 30th, 2006, 09:58 AM
I will go with Montana (they know how to get to the final game) then New Hampshire (if their D holds up) and then ASU (although I have my doubts about being able to go back to back these days)

LacesOut
August 30th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Alot of good teams, I can't decide on just one!

ASU
Furman
Montana
Cal Poly
UNH
UNI
Illinois State
JMU

89Hen
August 30th, 2006, 10:13 AM
http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/images_products/12167_big.jpg

AppGuy04
August 30th, 2006, 10:13 AM
UNH
ASU
Furman
UNI

carney2
August 30th, 2006, 10:31 AM
After Indiana State, Northeastern and Elon my crystal ball ran out of juice.

Didn't we already do this? We took a poll, remember?

blueballs
August 30th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Cal Poly comes out of the western side of the bracket over UNI. App and UNH will play each other with App winning in the east side. app will defeat Cal Poly in a close game to repeat.

89Hen
August 30th, 2006, 10:37 AM
I think that poll only included teams that have never won the championship before.

elkmcc
August 30th, 2006, 11:15 AM
I'm thinking Cal Poly. They were awfully tough last year and have numerous weapons. Hopefully CP will be on the other side of the bracket in the playoffs. That will probably only happen if both the Griz and CP are seeded.

Blue Hen Nation
August 30th, 2006, 11:42 AM
This is UNH's year

AppGuy04
August 30th, 2006, 11:57 AM
After Indiana State, Northeastern and Elon my crystal ball ran out of juice.

Several times, but nobody uses the search feature, especially a n00b

I just answer and move on

HENJOHN
August 30th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I have Montana and UNH in the BIG Game and I think Montana will win. But it is early!!!!!!!

ASU Kep
August 30th, 2006, 11:59 AM
You shouldn't be allowed to pick your own team in this.

I'll go with the shocker: Youngstown.

ChickenMan
August 30th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I have no idea as to who will win the I-AA title... but if it's going to be an A10 team... I'd go with UMass before UNH. UNH no doubt has the offense... but defense is what wins championships and the UNH 'D' wasn't much better than average last season and may not be even that good this year.

AppGuy04
August 30th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I have no idea as to who will win the I-AA title... but if it's going to be an A10 team... I'd go with UMass before of UNH. UNH no doubt has the offense... but defense is what wins championships and the UNH 'D' wasn't much better than average last season and may not be even that good this year.

You don't have to be when you can put up 28 in any given quarter

slostang
August 30th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I like Montana out of the west and App State and Furman from the other side of the country. Any team that comes out of the Gateway number one this year will be dangerous.

birdsflyhigh
August 30th, 2006, 02:36 PM
ASU Kep, hmmmm.....Youngstown St as a shocker. Hey, who knows? If I am only only allowed to picked a team other than then the ISU Redbirds, then I'd have to go with UNI over Cal Poly for the championship. Tick, tick, tick....can't wait for the season to begin!!! :nod:

TheValleyRaider
August 30th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Furman

ASU Kep
August 30th, 2006, 02:57 PM
ASU Kep, hmmmm.....Youngstown St as a shocker. Hey, who knows? If I am only only allowed to picked a team other than then the ISU Redbirds, then I'd have to go with UNI over Cal Poly for the championship. Tick, tick, tick....can't wait for the season to begin!!! :nod:

Not saying your redbirds aren't a helluva team. After getting "woffed" last year though, I see YSU leaving the committee no doubt this year. They've got a chip on their shoulder, they've got a lot of talent, and IMO their game with Ohio State could help them greatly. They won't win, mind you, but they'll make I-AA proud with a good effort against the I-A no. 1 and gain a lot of confidence having held their own in that environment. Sort of what our LSU game did for us last year.

Also, I think ASU was like #19 to start last season. Just because a team isn't in the top five right now definitely does not mean it'd be a huge upset to see them win it all.

griz&beer
August 30th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Cal Polly
Furman
UNI

GaSouthern
August 30th, 2006, 05:04 PM
FURMAN

AndrewFU21
August 30th, 2006, 05:08 PM
UMass is my semi-darkhorse pick. They had the best defense in the nation last year, and were awful close to making the playoffs, where they would have made some noise(remember that the last three champs were not in the playoffs the year before). They also return the starting QB and star senior RB Baylark, which sets them up for a very good season.

youwouldno
August 30th, 2006, 05:28 PM
There's no way to predict. Sometimes after the season people look back and act like it was obvious, but usually it's anything but. I think there's a good chance a SoCon team takes it, either App or Furman. I like Ill St, Montana as well.

mainejeff
August 30th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Montana
JMU
App State
UNH

Pick 'em.

PantherRob82
August 30th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Cal Poly comes out of the western side of the bracket over UNI. App and UNH will play each other with App winning in the east side. app will defeat Cal Poly in a close game to repeat.

No way this happens. I've come to enjoy seeing cal-poly be succesful, but odds are such a game would be in the dome, and I don't see the Mustangs pulling that off. Not impossible, but I don't see it.

PantherRob82
August 30th, 2006, 06:46 PM
UNI
ASU
UNH

1 of those 3

GSUhooligan
August 30th, 2006, 06:51 PM
Georgia Southern....not being a homer, it's sheer probability. When someone has won the NC 27% of the time (that they have been eligible for) its hard to not pick them.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Really a toss up here. App. still has a very dangerous team, but they possibly have a tougher road schedule this year. If ASU ends the season where they don't have homefield advantage through the playoffs, then I don't see them repeating. They are not nearly as invincible on the road as they are up on that mountain.

UNH will have an incredible offense, but you need the great D in the playoffs. Montana is easy to like, but the loss of Hillard is a tough one to swallow.

IMO, Furman is still a year away. They are fairly young (only 9 seniors) and that might catch up to them when they play some of the more veteran teams. But I like our chances to get in the playoffs and make some noise.

igo4uni
August 30th, 2006, 08:42 PM
http://www.collegeflagsandbanners.com/images_products/12167_big.jpg

A good choice, imo. They kicked the snot out of UNI last year. Drone and Robinson are comparable to Santos and Ball (not as good, but comparable), and ISU can play some defense. :twocents:

Mountain Panther
August 30th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Portland State. Gotta go with the school that gave me all "A"s in summer school.

No way UNH wins it.

MR. CHICKEN
August 30th, 2006, 08:56 PM
MONTANA/CAL-PIE

APPALACHIAN STATE/UMA$$

(PILGRIMS WERE MEN PLAYIN' AGIN' BOYS....WHEN DEY INVADED DUH TUB LAST SEASON)...AN' DEY COULD BE BETTERAH......DIS SEASON!

GATEWAY BEATS EACH OTHERAH UP....SIMILAR TA A-10......:twocents:.....AWK!

AlphaSigMD
August 30th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I wonder how many people will change their story if ASU wins at NC State this year. Hell, I'm even a State fan, but they have a disapointing history of losing to those they should beat, and vice versa.

Wish I could be at Carter Finley this weekend.

MR. CHICKEN
August 30th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Portland State. Gotta go with the school that gave me all "A"s in summer school.

No way UNH wins it.

WHIFF OUTTA CONFERENCE NEW MEXICO/CAL/ORE.............BUMPIN' HEADS WHIFF...MONTANA...MONTANA STATE....NEW & IMPROVED WEBER STATE...........YER OUTTA CONFERENCE......KNOCKS YA'LL OUTTA HERE!.....TELL 'EM HARRY!...........:nod:.........BRAWK!

poly51
August 30th, 2006, 09:05 PM
MONTANA/CAL-PIE

APPALACHIAN STATE/UMA$$

(PILGRIMS WERE MEN PLAYIN' AGIN' BOYS....WHEN DEY INVADED DUH TUB LAST SEASON)...AN' DEY COULD BE BETTERAH......DIS SEASON!

GATEWAY BEATS EACH OTHERAH UP....SIMILAR TA A-10......:twocents:.....AWK!
Mr. Chicken, Cal Poly does have a Poultry major.

MR. CHICKEN
August 30th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Mr. Chicken, Cal Poly does have a Poultry major.

NEED UH DEGREE......TA....WORK AT POPEYES???.......SKIN BIRD????.......STUFF BIRD????........ROAST BIRD???????........FRY BIRD???????????....GRILL BIRD????......HORMONES IN BIRD FEED??????............LEGS, WINGS, THIGHS, BREASTS??????,.......CAJUN SPICE??????......EXTRA KRISPY????.....UH KID AT UH CAR WASH.......ALREADY KNOW DAT!.....:rolleyes:......AWK!