PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State forced to reschedule another game.

IBleedYellow
March 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
As Per NDSU Bison Facebook page:

"BREAKING NEWS: NDSU vs. Kansas State to open 2013 season moved to Friday, Aug. 30 at 7:30pm. Game will be nationally televised on newly launched Fox Sports 1. Game will be available in 90 million home nation wide! Bison Pride!"

GoBison Link (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206609660)
Fox Sports Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/FOX-Sports-announces-FOX-Sports-1-network-030513?hq_e=el&hq_m=436239&hq_l=6&hq_v=fcbc95cfb0)

And you thought I was going to be all bitchy and complaining, didn't you? :D

SpeedkingATL
March 5th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Go get 'em Bison. Night Football!!!

darell1976
March 5th, 2013, 03:28 PM
As Per NDSU Bison Facebook page:

"BREAKING NEWS: NDSU vs. Kansas State to open 2013 season moved to Friday, Aug. 30 at 7:30pm. Game will be nationally televised on newly launched Fox Sports 1. Game will be available in 90 million home nation wide! Bison Pride!"

GoBison Link (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206609660)
Fox Sports Link (http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/FOX-Sports-announces-FOX-Sports-1-network-030513?hq_e=el&hq_m=436239&hq_l=6&hq_v=fcbc95cfb0)

And you thought I was going to be all bitchy and complaining, didn't you? :D

Is Fox Sports 1 going to be available on Cable One in Fargo?

IBleedYellow
March 5th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Is Fox Sports 1 going to be available on Cable One in Fargo?

From what I have read, Fox Sport 1 supposed to be replacing the Speed Network channel.

darell1976
March 5th, 2013, 04:01 PM
From what I have read, Fox Sport 1 supposed to be replacing the Speed Network channel.

Okay, then it is with a receiver...channel 304.

BisonBacker
March 5th, 2013, 04:13 PM
From the article...

Kansas State athletics officials today announced their football home opener against North Dakota State has been selected to help debut FOX Sports 1 in a national primetime telecast on Friday, Aug. 30.

The game will begin at 7:30 p.m. on FOX's new 24/7 all-sports channel, which will be carried in at least 90 million homes nationwide and will feature the matchup between the defending Big 12 champions and two-time NCAA FCS champions as part of its late-August launch.

Now that's what I call coverage!!

IBleedYellow
March 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM
From the article...

Kansas State athletics officials today announced their football home opener against North Dakota State has been selected to help debut FOX Sports 1 in a national primetime telecast on Friday, Aug. 30.

The game will begin at 7:30 p.m. on FOX's new 24/7 all-sports channel, which will be carried in at least 90 million homes nationwide and will feature the matchup between the defending Big 12 champions and two-time NCAA FCS champions as part of its late-August launch.

Now that's what I call coverage!!

Hopefully all of them can watch us come out victorious!! :)

bojeta
March 5th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I will most definitely watch and be rooting for The Bison!! This has the potential for a great matchup. Hopefully our FCS, and former Great West brethren prevail. Even a strong showing against the Big 12 champs would be impressive.

frozennorth
March 5th, 2013, 06:46 PM
one of, if not the, first college football games played on the station, whilst beginning the Season Of Destiny as K-state inaugurates their stadium upgrades (and new QB and defense xlolx). They have fireworks planned for after the game.

Lots of potential for epic upset.

appsfan
March 5th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Good luck and show them how FCS powers help open a new network- with an upset!

GreatAppSt
March 5th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Having two time defending FCS champs in a network opener is an awsome move. Go Bizun

McNeese75
March 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Make those KSU fans put those damn jangling car keys back in their pocket xnodx

Bisonwinagn
March 5th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Would love to see this channel carry more FCS games if they need to fill time slots.

Twentysix
March 6th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Would love to see this channel carry more FCS games if they need to fill time slots.

Would guess this move hinges on KSU not NDSU. But, it would indeed be great.

Hammersmith
March 6th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Okay, then it is with a receiver...channel 304.

Also in HD on channel 493.

cmaxwellgsu
March 6th, 2013, 12:25 PM

That is correct. Saw that info on a NASCAR site.

Laker
March 6th, 2013, 01:05 PM
"The live games and events will be available to subscribers of participating cable, satellite and telco providers at no additional cost."

Does this include Dish subscribers?

NoDak 4 Ever
March 6th, 2013, 01:07 PM
"The live games and events will be available to subscribers of participating cable, satellite and telco providers at no additional cost."

My guess, like most channel flips, if you get Speed you will get FS1

BisonFan02
March 6th, 2013, 04:07 PM
My guess, like most channel flips, if you get Speed you will get FS1

Not sure on Dish, but Directv you are good to go.

cmaxwellgsu
March 7th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Not sure on Dish, but Directv you are good to go.

Channel 150 on Dish.

OldKat95
March 7th, 2013, 10:21 AM
In this instance - GO BISON!!!

BisonBacker
March 7th, 2013, 11:17 AM

I have Dish and the package I have does have it so yes you can get it on Dish!

Sorry just saw the question was already answered.

Evolution Prime
March 7th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I might actually come down and watch this game since I am not that far from Manhatten. Of course I would still be wearing my SDSU gear.

IBleedYellow
March 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I might actually come down and watch this game since I am not that far from Manhatten. Of course I would still be wearing my SDSU gear.

Don't worry, my Dad and I came down to Coughlin Stadium for your guys first Division I Playoff game wearing our NDSU colors. It was fun chit-chatting. A little smack was spoken, also.

HerdUp
March 9th, 2013, 08:23 AM

With our recent schedule crap going on, and assuming we don't have a game on the 7th... a couple of my crew plan on going to your game in GF. Can't wait to see the BSC beatdown that's going to come at the hands of an MVC powerhouse!!

And we don't want to play them, so this will be a good gauge to what it could be if we would!

HerdUp
March 9th, 2013, 08:25 AM

And it goes without saying... we'll all be rockin the green and gold

Laker
March 9th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I have Dish and the package I have does have it so yes you can get it on Dish!

Sorry just saw the question was already answered.

No problem, thanks for the info! As long as I get to watch the game I'll be happy. Nothing so frustrating as planning on watching a game and then you find out it isn't on.

steelr7
March 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM
We were planning on going to this game but them my younger brother decided to get married in Oregon over this weekend. I was glad to hear that it was moved to Friday night & on National TV. That means there will be a big Bison party on Friday night out in southwestern Oregon!

Go Bison!

IBleedYellow
March 9th, 2013, 11:07 AM
We were planning on going to this game but them my younger brother decided to get married in Oregon over this weekend. I was glad to hear that it was moved to Friday night & on National TV. That means there will be a big Bison party on Friday night out in southwestern Oregon!

Go Bison!

See, family like this don't exist in my household if it's a Bison football game. They have all been warned, too.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 9th, 2013, 02:25 PM
See, family like this don't exist in my household if it's a Bison football game. They have all been warned, too.

Same here. I've made a post on this matter a couple of times but if you schedule your wedding during the football season you are basically giving me the thumbs up that my attendance is not necessary and I will oblige you in limiting your guest list.

My younger brother got married in 2008 and his future wife was making plans, dates, etc. and he told here before she talked to her mother or anyone else on dates she was to call me and get Griz dates and confer with me. She asked him if he was serious and he said "yes, dead serious, if you don't there's a good chance I won't my best man at the wedding".

Bison Fan in NW MN
March 9th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Same here. I've made a post on this matter a couple of times but if you schedule your wedding during the football season you are basically giving me the thumbs up that my attendance is not necessary and I will oblige you in limiting your guest list.

My younger brother got married in 2008 and his future wife was making plans, dates, etc. and he told here before she talked to her mother or anyone else on dates she was to call me and get Griz dates and confer with me. She asked him if he was serious and he said "yes, dead serious, if you don't there's a good chance I won't my best man at the wedding".

Agreed.

My wife needs to look at the Bison FB schedule before she plans on any type of vacation come Nov/Dec....xnodx

gotts
March 9th, 2013, 07:28 PM

I got married on the same day as a Bison road game. TV's were plentiful everywhere people were.

IBleedYellow
March 9th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I got married on the same day as a Bison road game. TV's were plentiful everywhere people were.

I will say a road game is different, it's all depending on the circumstances. :P