PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well! Look what's on the SunBeltbbs.

CID1990
March 2nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
On a hunch, I hopped over to one of the Sun Belt forums. I had a theory that some of the same old suspects might be making pains in the a$$ out of themselves.

LOOKY what is STICKIED in the main forum on SunBeltbbs!

The title is "To FCS fans":

"We appreciate the value that your programs bring to us as potential members...however, I want to remind all of you that you are visitors to this forum, and our membership does not need to constantly hear about how great your program is.

You are welcome to participate in discussions here that relate to future SBC expansion, and offer some perspective about whether or not your pgorgram is ready for the move. We do ask, however, that you please tone it down on starting the constant barrage of threads related to how the SBC should expand now or risk perishing. We already have plenty of enough threads on the topic, and do not need more created.

Rather then start a new thread, please try to participate in the existing threads we have that discuss expansion.

Posting links to other conferences expansion rumors and attemtping to use that as proof that the SBC should expand will only result in the thread being moved to the realignment forum, where it belongs. We are in the middle of basketball season, and football recruiting season, and our membership would love the opportunity to discuss those things, but it is very hard to do so when we have to shift through 7 threads related to realignment just to get to it.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter,

Management."

Wow! Who could this possibly be, making a$$es out if themselves on the SunBeltbbs???

My money is on (in order of pain in the assedness)

Seantaylor
Glass Onion
Apphole

Seriously, I never thought I'd hit on this on my first click after a Google search.

Great job guys! Way to represent not only the SoCon, but FCS in general!

Sent from the center of the universe.

Apphole
March 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Cool thread, bro.

The GaSt/GaSo bickering is what inspired that statement.

CID1990
March 2nd, 2013, 08:40 PM
Cool thread, bro.

The GaSt/GaSo bickering is what inspired that statement.

How do you know?

Apphole
March 2nd, 2013, 08:49 PM
How do you know?

Take a guess...

AppAlum2003
March 2nd, 2013, 08:55 PM
AGS has gone to ****. This is further proof of it.

CID1990
March 2nd, 2013, 09:37 PM
AGS has gone to ****. This is further proof of it.

Maybe you should slide over to SunBeltbbs since you guys are so popular over there with the mods.

Heck, you have your own sticky!

GlassOnion
March 2nd, 2013, 09:44 PM
You must be one frustrated little man.

CID1990
March 2nd, 2013, 09:52 PM
You must be one frustrated little man.

Actually, I haven't had this good a chuckle since last September!

The only one left to bite is Seantaylor. He must be out at the Knights of Columbus in Chucktown trolling altarboys tonite.

This quote is grreeaat!:

"We do ask, however, that you please tone it down on starting the constant barrage of threads related to how the SBC should expand now or risk perishing."

That sounds exactly like you, Glass! The SoCon's gonna perish, FCS's gonna perish, LORDY LORDY the SunBelt's agonna PERISH too if they don't grab that golden tassel call AYY ESS YOO!

GlassOnion
March 2nd, 2013, 09:57 PM
Actually, I haven't had this good a chuckle since last September!

The only one left to bite is Seantaylor. He must be out at the Knights of Columbus in Chucktown trolling altarboys tonite.

You make an a** of yourself, yet we're the ones biting?

LOL.

CID1990
March 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
You make an a** of yourself, yet we're the ones biting?

LOL.

I'm not the one with my very own sticky on SunBeltbbs politely asking me to stop being a douchenozzle.

And yeah, you bit.

GlassOnion
March 2nd, 2013, 10:09 PM
I'm not the one with my very own sticky on SunBeltbbs politely asking me to stop being a douchenozzle.

And yeah, you bit.

That was posted a full month after my last post, but by all means make stuff up.

Im really tearing it up over there though, 4 posts in two months, craaazy.

CID1990
March 2nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
That was posted a full month after my last post, but by all means make stuff up.

Im really tearing it up over there though, 4 posts in two months, craaazy.

When I say "you", GO, I mean "you" collectively.

Don't be so sensitive! You should be PROUD to have your very own sticky thread (albeit one saying don't be such an annoying douchecanoe) on the message board of a conference you don't even belong to yet! I'd so own that if I were you, like the pretty stars I used to get for good work in kindergarten.

Maybe Ursus should do the same thing here in honor of you guys.

GlassOnion
March 3rd, 2013, 12:03 AM
Im pretty tired of realignment threads at this point, so good luck in the FCS. I'll be around to talk football, but as far as conferences and divisions, Im done.

Skjellyfetti
March 3rd, 2013, 01:09 AM

But, you are the guy with nothing better to do on a saturday night than troll the forums of a conference you consider to be ****.

seantaylor
March 3rd, 2013, 02:29 AM
But, you are the guy with nothing better to do on a saturday night than troll the forums of a conference you consider to be ****.

CID pays for pussy.

PaladinFan
March 3rd, 2013, 06:27 AM
I'm confused. Is the SunBelt perishing or the FCS?

CID1990
March 3rd, 2013, 07:01 AM

Hey Felchyfetty, no trolling was necessary.

All you have to do is go to the very front page and boom! There it is, your very own special sticky thread, dedicated to telling ASU and GSU fans to stop being a$$hats.

CID1990
March 3rd, 2013, 07:02 AM
I'm confused. Is the SunBelt perishing or the FCS?

Apparently they all are.

It's doom for everyone, I tell ya!

DSUrocks07
March 3rd, 2013, 07:12 AM
http://global3.memecdn.com/I-have-NO-IDEA-whats-going-on_o_75230.jpg

The Eagle's Cliff
March 3rd, 2013, 07:30 AM
Apparently they all are.

It's doom for everyone, I tell ya!

Your sarcastic statement is almost accurate. Small College football isn't "dying" but the College Football media market is shifting which will put more pressure on the already strained budgets of non-B5 schools. The FCS is currently the official 2nd Tier of DI football. When the dust settles, FCS will be the "official" 3rd Tier.

I don't like where media money has taken college football, but there it is. The conferences pushed into I-AA in 1978 are about to be pushed down another notch by 2020.

blueballs
March 3rd, 2013, 07:49 AM
CID pays for pussy.

So do I, it's called "being married."

blueballs
March 3rd, 2013, 07:51 AM
AGS has gone to the off season.. This is further proof of it.

FIFY

CID1990
March 3rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Your sarcastic statement is almost accurate. Small College football isn't "dying" but the College Football media market is shifting which will put more pressure on the already strained budgets of non-B5 schools. The FCS is currently the official 2nd Tier of DI football. When the dust settles, FCS will be the "official" 3rd Tier.

I don't like where media money has taken college football, but there it is. The conferences pushed into I-AA in 1978 are about to be pushed down another notch by 2020.

Blueballs- FCS is ALREADY effectively the 3rd tier.

Oh, and if you can't be insulted easily and get your panties in a bunch better than that, then maybe you better stop making sense and stay out of this thread. This thread is for the sky is falling/FCS/The SoCon sux/we need to keep moving up or we'll all die crowd.

dgtw
March 3rd, 2013, 10:51 AM
I lurk on the bbs boards and it is an odd bunch. When realignment started the last time, they immediately moved teams to new boards (even two years before they officially joined the new league) and fans were pretty much told to stay off the conference board their team had left.

So let's not shed too many tears over them getting their panties in a wad over a few FCS people posting there.

IBleedYellow
March 3rd, 2013, 11:01 AM
I lurk on the bbs boards and it is an odd bunch. When realignment started the last time, they immediately moved teams to new boards (even two years before they officially joined the new league) and fans were pretty much told to stay off the conference board their team had left.

So let's not shed too many tears over them getting their panties in a wad over a few FCS people posting there.

This.

They are a bunch of people that have to have constant control. If something is out of place the world ends.

Now, I will say I don't understand why a few of their threads IE: Sunbelt Harlem Shakes, got turned into a pissing contest between a GSU few poster and a few others. Like wtf. You ARE NOT even invited to said conference, don't act like you are the best thing to happen to that conference since its inception. First impressions are everything, and don't you guys get sick of NDSU and UN- pissing contests on every thread?? Its the exact same *hit!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

CID1990
March 3rd, 2013, 11:11 AM

Sounds like some of these fellers are going to fit in perfectly over there, then!

Apphole
March 3rd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Hey Felchyfetty, no trolling was necessary.

All you have to do is go to the very front page and boom! There it is, your very own special sticky thread, dedicated to telling ASU and GSU fans to stop being a$$hats.

There is just as much spam from Liberty, JMU fans ect as App and GaSo on SBBBS, hence the title "FCS Fans" not "App and GaSo fans." I know you'd just LOVE it to be a bunch of App and GaSo fans annoying the crap out of our future league's board, but that's just not the case.

Starting a thread about a thread just to vent your thinly veiled jealously is about as pathetic as it gets. You are a sad little man, indeed.

Saint3333
March 3rd, 2013, 11:59 AM
If it does happen can we agree as App fans to not be asshats on the way out. Let's just thank the SoCon and FCS for the memories and have a nice farewell tour on our way out.

Wallace
March 3rd, 2013, 12:41 PM
If it does happen can we agree as App fans to not be asshats on the way out. Let's just thank the SoCon and FCS for the memories and have a nice farewell tour on our way out.

THIS!

Top Dog
March 3rd, 2013, 01:34 PM
Look on the bright side. Graduation rates will improve in both the fcs & sun belt if asu & gsu make the move. They will be much better aligned with the sun belt's second rate schools that would rather put their money into football academics.

Skjellyfetti
March 3rd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Look on the bright side. Graduation rates will improve in both the fcs & sun belt if asu & gsu make the move.

Most recent Southern Conference Football APR:

Appalachian State: 982
Samford: 976
Elon: 974
Wofford:
Citadel: 963
Furman: 962
Western Carolina: 937
Tennessee - Chattooga: 930
Georgia Southern: 923

fc97
March 3rd, 2013, 01:57 PM

Wofford:

and that's a very good score. one of the things that can possibly attribute to app's really good score was the previous solidity in coaching staff compared to the rest. with moore gone, that number could slide a bit before satterfield stabilizes thigns again too.

CID1990
March 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Starting a thread about a thread just to vent your thinly veiled jealously is about as pathetic as it gets. You are a sad little man, indeed.

You only have to browse the board for about 30 seconds to see exactly who they are talking about.

Believe me sweetheart, nobody's jealous of ASU. Well, maybe Chattown.

The Moody1
March 3rd, 2013, 04:40 PM

Wofford:

Please don't confuse the ignorant haters with facts.xlolx

CID1990
March 3rd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Please don't confuse the ignorant haters with facts.xlolx

We're more like apathetic.

Apphole
March 3rd, 2013, 06:49 PM
We're more like apathetic.

Making this thread just SCREAMS apathy. xnodx

CID1990
March 3rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Making this thread just SCREAMS apathy. xnodx

Hey Apphole, how many threads on this board were started over ASU and GSU moving up, and degenerated into a piss on FCS/SoCon thread?

Some folks are just tired of you and Mr. Fears Realized.

Seeing that they are tired of you guys on the SunBeltbbs was actually a "hey, so I'm not completely crazy after all" moment.

You guys are ****ting the bed regularly here, so at least it's refreshing to see that you are annoying in general, not just on AGS.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 3rd, 2013, 07:55 PM

Wofford:

Great work by App State. Let's hope they rewarded their head coach with a nice contract extension.

Saint3333
March 3rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
They did if you were paying attention. He got one more year last year. Run along to the next App thread now.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 3rd, 2013, 08:07 PM
There is actually a pretty easy way to look at how the fans of the different schools carry themselves and their relative overall perception by those they are probably moving away from.

Does anyone ever see anything like this or any of the other things directed at some App/GSU fans being taken out on a team like say ODU? There has to be a lesson in there somewhere.

They have a very respectful group of fans without all the extra reasons and so forth trying to diminish where they came from. They aren't making the idiotic claims of FCS dying and all the other subterfuge as reasons the schools are moving on. They are not really into the scorched earth thing. Personally, I gotta respect that.

IBleedYellow
March 3rd, 2013, 09:57 PM
There is actually a pretty easy way to look at how the fans of the different schools carry themselves and their relative overall perception by those they are probably moving away from.

Does anyone ever see anything like this or any of the other things directed at some App/GSU fans being taken out on a team like say ODU? There has to be a lesson in there somewhere.

They have a very respectful group of fans without all the extra reasons and so forth trying to diminish where they came from. They aren't making the idiotic claims of FCS dying and all the other subterfuge as reasons the schools are moving on. They are not really into the scorched earth thing. Personally, I gotta respect that.

I still believe that it's their way of saying "we are so much better than you all, enjoy this "DYING LEAGUE" without your super elite programs to steer the way for you."

It's a slap in the face, they aren't going out with class like ODU or JMU did. There also are not many ODU/JMU fans on AGS compred to App State or GSU fans. I still respect both of their programs for what they did at this level of football, but if a quarter of their fans are as arrogant as the fans that are posting over on the Sunbeltbbs, that's crazy.

fc97
March 4th, 2013, 07:38 AM

but its way more than that. you don't hear odu, delaware or jmu chiming up about the demise of their conference because of the private schools or william and mary. you don't hear those same fans screaming bloody murder because they were looking at elon and davidson, two private schools. you also don't see those same fans posting about school size over and over.

you don't see jacksonville state fans dumping all over the ovc or liberty fans dumping all over the big south, which are worse leagues in many respects.

you didn't see any other fans jumping all over odu or south alabama for starting a program like georgia southern fans did with georgia state or app fans did with uncc.

and you don't see any other fans dumping on the division, their conference or the conference schools so much for any and every imagined problem from how big stadiums are, the cracker box gyms that are full, to how many license plates in the parking lots are from the NE and so on.

the question is, why are app and gsu fans alone in this type of action?

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Don't look now, but a new thread just went up on the very same subject. They're really winning hearts and minds over there.

ASUMountaineer
March 4th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Hey Apphole, how many threads on this board were started over ASU and GSU moving up, and degenerated into a piss on FCS/SoCon thread?

Some folks are just tired of you and Mr. Fears Realized.

Seeing that they are tired of you guys on the SunBeltbbs was actually a "hey, so I'm not completely crazy after all" moment.

You guys are ****ting the bed regularly here, so at least it's refreshing to see that you are annoying in general, not just on AGS.

xlolx You're awesome, CID!

ASUMountaineer
March 4th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Great work by App State. Let's hope they rewarded their head coach with a nice contract extension.

Wow, you are really bad at smack. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
March 4th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I still believe that it's their way of saying "we are so much better than you all, enjoy this "DYING LEAGUE" without your super elite programs to steer the way for you."

It's a slap in the face, they aren't going out with class like ODU or JMU did. There also are not many ODU/JMU fans on AGS compred to App State or GSU fans. I still respect both of their programs for what they did at this level of football, but if a quarter of their fans are as arrogant as the fans that are posting over on the Sunbeltbbs, that's crazy.

Well, JMU hasn't left. And, it's not "their" way of saying it, it is "some posters'" way of saying it.

Beyond that, I can see why fans of other teams are getting sick of FBS threads on FCS. The most surprising to me are the fans of schools not actively looking to move to FBS that are posting threads about it. Sure, discussions of FCS teams potentially moving to FBS have their place on AGS, but probably not at the level we're seeing. Many are created by App State/GSU fans while many others are created by people like CID, Citdog, and LFN. xnodx

Apphole
March 4th, 2013, 08:28 AM
the question is, why are app and gsu fans alone in this type of action?

Because we have 10x the fans the other programs you mentioned do. More fans=more posters=higher likelihood of being involved in a debate=higher likelihood of being perceived as arrogant just because we have more ammo for such debates.

fc97
March 4th, 2013, 08:31 AM
being an apphole or glassonion doesnt mean more ammo for more debates. it just means being louder and trolly can calling it fact because some other yahoo backs you up.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 08:31 AM
I can see why fans of other teams are getting sick of FBS threads on FCS.

Many are created by App State/GSU fans while many others are created by people like CID, Citdog, and LFN. xnodx

I'd say fans of other teams in the SunBelt are getting sick of FCS threads on their FBS board, too.

FYI- this is the first and last thread I will ever start on this topic. Maybe Ursus will sticky it so I can have my very own sticky!

Just like you guys on SunBeltbbs!

Apphole
March 4th, 2013, 08:40 AM
being an apphole or glassonion doesnt mean more ammo for more debates. it just means being louder and trolly can calling it fact because some other yahoo backs you up.

I'll definitely admit that others and I have been overly douchey about the whole process, but lets not pretend like you, the Cid twins and several others are poor little victims whose only crime was defending the FCS. You people insult Appalachian/Georgia Southern, the FBS, our quests to get to the FBS ect just as much or more as our fans condescend. You people start more threads than we do about it. You're just as guilty for this never ending dance as we are.

ASUMountaineer
March 4th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I'd say fans of other teams in the SunBelt are getting sick of FCS threads on their FBS board, too.

FYI- this is the first and last thread I will ever start on this topic. Maybe Ursus will sticky it so I can have my very own sticky!

Just like you guys on SunBeltbbs!

I don't post on the SB board, but I'm glad you have time to go over there so that you can come back to AGS and report on the SB board.

FYI - I noticed you didn't disagree with my statement, just offered another sad attempt at smack. Kudos! xthumbsupx

AshevilleApp2
March 4th, 2013, 08:56 AM
CID pays for pussy.

We all do. One way or another.

walliver
March 4th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I remember back in the old days shortly after MTSU left I-AA for the SunBelt. MTSU fans kept visiting the board bragging about their great home football schedule and playing I-A teams at home. They usually left out the part about losing all of those games. It was quite annoying. But those clowns felt that bragging about their home opponents, and belittling I-AA made them feel better (They usually targeted ASU fans).

Marshall fans weren't quite as bad, as they had initial, although short-termed, success in the MAC.

UNCC fans don't bother me, since they will never really be in FCS (FCS in name only). Georgia State fans have nothing to brag about and don't other me either. ODU was just passing through.

The problem is that a subset of ASU and GSU fans are incredibly jealous of Marshall, MTSU, Troy, ODU, UNCC, and Georgia State and deal with that by trying to bully the rest of us. I hope that when the hillbillies and crackers leave, they take those fans with them, never to return.

The board my be a little less entertaining since Citdog will have to go back to hating on the Horsey People in Green Vegas and Vagina Military Academy and fans of those schools are too smart to be drawn into his traps.

PaladinFan
March 4th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I remember back in the old days shortly after MTSU left I-AA for the SunBelt. MTSU fans kept visiting the board bragging about their great home football schedule and playing I-A teams at home. They usually left out the part about losing all of those games. It was quite annoying. But those clowns felt that bragging about their home opponents, and belittling I-AA made them feel better (They usually targeted ASU fans).

Marshall fans weren't quite as bad, as they had initial, although short-termed, success in the MAC.

UNCC fans don't bother me, since they will never really be in FCS (FCS in name only). Georgia State fans have nothing to brag about and don't other me either. ODU was just passing through.

The problem is that a subset of ASU and GSU fans are incredibly jealous of Marshall, MTSU, Troy, ODU, UNCC, and Georgia State and deal with that by trying to bully the rest of us. I hope that when the hillbillies and crackers leave, they take those fans with them, never to return.

The board my be a little less entertaining since Citdog will have to go back to hating on the Horsey People in Green Vegas and Vagina Military Academy and fans of those schools are too smart to be drawn into his traps.

I'm fairly certain most Marshall fans don't have access to the internet.

fc97
March 4th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I'll definitely admit that others and I have been overly douchey about the whole process, but lets not pretend like you, the Cid twins and several others are poor little victims whose only crime was defending the FCS. You people insult Appalachian/Georgia Southern, the FBS, our quests to get to the FBS ect just as much or more as our fans condescend. You people start more threads than we do about it. You're just as guilty for this never ending dance as we are.

when have i ever insulted app or this process? come on now. i insult the people who constantly insult the conference, the rest of the schools, fcs and have their facts wrong about things. come on now.

superman7515
March 4th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Thank God a bunch of you guys weren't born in Indonesia or I would have no entertainment on a Monday morning...

Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/mother-kills-son-small-penis-indonesia_n_2779668.html)

An Indonesian woman drowned her nine-year-old son in the bath, claiming she was worried that his "small penis" would affect his prospects for the future, a police spokesman said Thursday.

The 38-year-old woman from the capital Jakarta told police her son had had a small penis prior to being circumcised, but that it appeared to shrink further after the operation, police spokesman Rikwanto, who goes by one name, told AFP.

"She told police investigators that she killed him as he would have a bleak future with his small penis," Rikwanto said...

walliver
March 4th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Thank God a bunch of you guys weren't born in Indonesia or I would have no entertainment on a Monday morning...

Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/28/mother-kills-son-small-penis-indonesia_n_2779668.html)

He may not have had a bleak future, but his wife would have.

What his ho' momma didn't realize is that women are uncontrollably attracted to the sexy bulge in the back pocket.

If she was concerned about his schmeckle size, why did she think that cutting it would make it bigger? Maybe he should have just joined the SunBelt (trying to stay on topic).

ThompsonThe
March 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Maybe they should close down the citadel and transfer all the students to VMI, at least the ones that could get in to VMI.

ThompsonThe
March 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
And a lot of Wofford college students, alums and fans are jealous of the superior education that students receive at Appalachian State. So what. We know your jealousy seeps out all the time.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
AGS would be pretty boring this offseason without the SoCon posters. xnodx

ThompsonThe
March 4th, 2013, 09:46 AM
You guys are right, Monday mornings are great if you really get into it.

ThompsonThe
March 4th, 2013, 09:48 AM

Will probably be so bored the suicide rate will go up.

PaladinFan
March 4th, 2013, 10:03 AM

I mean, if the FCS is going to die without App State, what will become of this forum?!

knucklehead
March 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
All NDSU and Montana all day every day.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM
You people start more threads than we do about it. You're just as guilty for this never ending dance as we are.

ORLY?

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 10:27 AM
And a lot of Wofford college students, alums and fans are jealous of the superior education that students receive at Appalachian State. So what. We know your jealousy seeps out all the time.

HUNH?

I'm no fan of those preppy trust fund babies with their bucks and bowties, but Wofford and Davidson are the academic cream in the SoCon.

Your fail is astounding when you get me defending Wofford.

Apphole
March 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
ORLY?

RLY

Apphole
March 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
HUNH?

I'm no fan of those preppy trust fund babies with their bucks and bowties, but Wofford and Davidson are the academic cream in the SoCon.

Your fail is astounding when you get me defending Wofford.

He is being facetious and you're the least perceptive person on this forum if you didn't see it.

asumike83
March 4th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Smack. Forum.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 10:45 AM
He is being facetious and you're the least perceptive person on this forum if you didn't see it.

In that case, it was weaker than most of what even you post.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM
RLY

Show us this phenomenon of posters other than ASU or GSU fans starting the majority of the realignment/FCS sucks and my favorite: "FEARS REALIZED" threads.

ASUMountaineer
March 4th, 2013, 10:55 AM
In that case, it was weaker than most of what even you post.

This post is ironic...don't you think?

Apphole
March 4th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Show us this phenomenon of posters other than ASU or GSU fans starting the majority of the realignment/FCS sucks and my favorite: "FEARS REALIZED" threads.

Talk about going around your *** to get to your elbow...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?129361-Well-well-well!-Look-what-s-on-the-SunBeltbbs

Skjellyfetti
March 4th, 2013, 11:03 AM

Since you've got nothing better on Saturday nights than message board sleuthing, why don't you pencil in a full investigation of the % of realignment threads started by App fans for this Saturday evening?

Just looking at the front page, it looks pretty even:

Non-App fans:
"Well, well, well! Look what's on the SunBeltbbs."
By CID1990

"Big East Breakup Ramifications"
by Lehigh Football Nation

"Sun Belt May Control Fate Of Several Georgia Teams"
by Superman 7515

App fans:
"Keep ASU FCS" website and petition.
by WataugaDave

"Fears Realized"
By Saint 3333

"SoCon or CAA"
by Saint 3333

Apphole
March 4th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Since you've got nothing better on Saturday nights than message board sleuthing, why don't you pencil in a full investigation of the % of realignment threads started by App fans for this Saturday evening?

Non-App fans:
By CID1990

by Superman 7515

App fans:
by WataugaDave

"Fears Realized"
By Saint 3333

"SoCon or CAA"
by Saint 3333

Wow xlolx

One from the App Fans is technically anti-FBS and the other two were started by the same poster. I guess that means EVERY SINGLE APP FAN EVER is a condescending, dick head with nothing better to do but pick on the poor little posters on AGS. How on earth could a group of 100,000 people become such a beacon of arrogance?

Libertine
March 4th, 2013, 11:19 AM
How on earth could a group of 100,000 people become such a beacon of arrogance?

Well, there does seem to be a common denominator. :)

IBleedYellow
March 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
I'm just going to say this.

The amount of hate in the SoCon for their top two teams is hilarious. Probably comes from jealousy. Yes, they probably aren't leaving the FCS as the most classy way possible, but you could continue to take the high road and wish them luck. Yes, they have some arrogant ones, a few of them among us right now.

To App and GSU fans. Don't hate the league that made your programs what they are today. It's cool that you are able to take a step up to the next level. But remember the grass isn't always greener. Rock and roll up there, but don't expect to dominate right away. Although I would expect you to kill in the Sunbelt.

To the GSU fans: If you do really leave and we never play again - As a Bison fan I'll be 100% content with having a 3-0 record against you guys. :)

Apphole
March 4th, 2013, 11:38 AM

The amount of hate in the SoCon for their top two teams is hilarious. Probably comes from jealousy. Yes, they probably aren't leaving the FCS as the most classy way possible, but you could continue to take the high road and wish them luck. Yes, they have some arrogant ones, a few of them among us right now.

To App and GSU fans. Don't hate the league that made your programs what they are today. It's cool that you are able to take a step up to the next level. But remember the grass isn't always greener. Rock and roll up there, but don't expect to dominate right away. Although I would expect you to kill in the Sunbelt.

To the GSU fans: If you do really leave and we never play again - As a Bison fan I'll be 100% content with having a 3-0 record against you guys. :)

Great post.

ASUMountaineer
March 4th, 2013, 11:39 AM

Q U A L I T Y xlolx

ASUMountaineer
March 4th, 2013, 11:43 AM

I have nothing but love for the FCS. If App State makes the move to the FBS, that won't change. The FCS system was great to Appalachian. There are many older alums that still feel App State should have never went with the SoCon to I-AA, while others feel jilted by the NCAA's broken promises to the subdivision. I have no idea what the future holds for App State, assuming an invite eventually, or the FCS...but, I do sincerely hope that both thrive if they go their separate ways.

FCS_pwns_FBS
March 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM

Not really sure I'd call it hate. Some G/ASU fans think the SoCon will go to hell in a handbasket without us. What's going to happen? Will the SoCon have to pay a little bit more to PBS to be on TV? Or lose the huge amount of money GSU and ASU make in the FCS playoffs?

I can see why they aren't boo hooing over us leaving. GSU and App have combined to win 10 of the last 16 SoCon titles outright and have at least a share of 15 of the last 16. Without us some of the other programs in the conference will have the chance to make the playoffs more regularly and get on televised playoff games, which in turn could help them in recruiting and help them move up in the FCS world.

Honestly, I think if the Sun Belt comes knocking on our doors a divorce from the SoCon could work out for the best for everyone.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 12:18 PM

Non-App fans:
By CID1990

by Superman 7515

App fans:
by WataugaDave

"Fears Realized"
By Saint 3333

"SoCon or CAA"
by Saint 3333

No, I prefer you to do the leg work for me, Boy.

Now go make me a sammy. Hold the gay sauce.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Talk about going around your *** to get to your elbow...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?129361-Well-well-well!-Look-what-s-on-the-SunBeltbbs

I'm hoping for a sticky!

It would be nice to be as notorious on my own board as you guys are on one for a conference you don't even belong to!

Apphole
March 4th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I'm hoping for a sticky!

It would be nice to be as notorious on my own board as you guys are on one for a conference you don't even belong to!

Ursus, now he's claiming he owns your website. xliarx

whoanellie
March 4th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I am sure in 1953 Citadel & Furman wept when those members left to form the ACC. just go and begone with you, takers? do I hear any takers?
Not really sure I'd call it hate. Some G/ASU fans think the SoCon will go to hell in a handbasket without us. What's going to happen? Will the SoCon have to pay a little bit more to PBS to be on TV? Or lose the huge amount of money GSU and ASU make in the FCS playoffs?

I can see why they aren't boo hooing over us leaving. GSU and App have combined to win 10 of the last 16 SoCon titles outright and have at least a share of 15 of the last 16. Without us some of the other programs in the conference will have the chance to make the playoffs more regularly and get on televised playoff games, which in turn could help them in recruiting and help them move up in the FCS world.

Honestly, I think if the Sun Belt comes knocking on our doors a divorce from the SoCon could work out for the best for everyone.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Ursus, now he's claiming he owns your website. xliarx

I transferred ownership for the day to make his statement true in actuality as well as just the simple claim that all y'all that post here can make.:D

ASUMountaineer
March 4th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I'm hoping for a sticky!

Who would have figured that CID wanted to be like an App State fan? I guess everyone has aspirations.

Black and Gold may end up being a good look for you...better than that baby/Carolina blue color you bellhops have.

PaladinFan
March 4th, 2013, 02:59 PM

I agree. It isn't hate. If you are terribly concerned about FBS football you do not attend a school like Furman, Wofford, or the Citadel. I mean, it just is not that important to you.

It doesn't take a scientist to see that there are worlds of difference between schools like App/GSU and some of the other conference schools. They are, to their core, philosophically different. They see the world differently. They see athletics differently.

I do think you are spot on. I think GSU/App would love to make the move. I think the rest of the SoCon would be just fine with the opportunity to align with more like-minded institutions. Where most of the folks get crosswise on here is the incessant conversation about something that has not happened. There is, in fact, no assurance that it will ever happen.

There's value, I think, in everyone just getting along. There is a worse result for GSU/ASU not moving to the FBS - the smaller SoCon schools aligning with another conference without them. Seems like there is value for those two institutions not intentionally trying to make too many waves. What incentive is there to stay if the smaller colleges feel the larger schools make it very public they intend to jump ship at the first opportunity?

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Who would have figured that CID wanted to be like an App State fan? I guess everyone has aspirations.

Black and Gold may end up being a good look for you...better than that baby/Carolina blue color you bellhops have.

I gurarantee you I have spent more time on the ASU campus than half you grads here! When I retire I'm going to buy a case of Petruli oil and start teaching in the political science department.

But no thanks- you can't get to heaven in a black and gold canoe, because God's favorite color is Citadel Blue. (yes I stole that from the UNC homos)

Call it Carolina blue again and Ima come find your a$$. I get enough of that crap from the tarholes in my family as it is.

Skjellyfetti
March 4th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Everyone knows it's Columbia Blue.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Everyone knows I have bitten my way through countless pillows.

FIFY

IBleedYellow
March 4th, 2013, 05:09 PM
I gurarantee you I have spent more time on the ASU campus than half you grads here! When I retire I'm going to buy a case of Petruli oil and start teaching in the political science department.

But no thanks- you can't get to heaven in a black and gold canoe, because God's favorite color is Citadel Blue. (yes I stole that from the UNC homos)

Call it Carolina blue again and Ima come find your a$$. I get enough of that crap from the tarholes in my family as it is.

But...It IS Carolina blue. Look at it.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 05:23 PM

YOU look at it.

Carolina blue has yellow in it. Like jaundice, and NDSU.

BEAR
March 4th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Why is it that the Sunbelt conference seems to always be the big conference brought up for FCS teams moving up? xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
March 4th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Why is it that the Sunbelt conference seems to always be the big conference brought up for FCS teams moving up? xlolx

Because they have teams most like the FCS.

NoDak 4 Ever
March 4th, 2013, 06:00 PM

It's actually not but they are literally right next to one another on the Pantone scale. 278 and 279

Carolina Blue (Pantone 278) is the only one that has a unique name and is trademarked.

Citadel just uses Tropical Blue (Pantone 279), nothing special there.

CID1990
March 4th, 2013, 06:16 PM
It's actually not but they are literally right next to one another on the Pantone scale. 278 and 279

Carolina Blue (Pantone 278) is the only one that has a unique name and is trademarked.

Citadel just uses Tropical Blue (Pantone 279), nothing special there.

The Citadel Tartan also uses Pantone 279, but the Scottish Tartans Society which registers all tartans, started listing that particular color as "Citadel Blue" because the only official use of that color in a registered tartan was in the Citadel Tartan.

Useless trivia, but true story.

DSUrocks07
March 4th, 2013, 07:58 PM
http://gifsforum.com/images/image/this%20look%20legit/grand/this_thread_looks_completely_legit.jpg

dgtw
March 4th, 2013, 09:39 PM
you don't see jacksonville state fans dumping all over the ovc

You mean like when they let one team play a less than full slate of conference games or how they let in non football schools but won't admit a DII football power looking to move up into a league that has two of its former rivals in it? Or how nobody has won a playoff game in forever?

Nah, you'll never see me diss the OVC.

Cocky
March 4th, 2013, 10:37 PM

SB is the lowest of the FBS conferences.

ThompsonThe
March 5th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Is that because they have told you a million times they do not want you Cocky? That color is Baby Blue by the way.

ThompsonThe
March 5th, 2013, 05:40 AM
They really sell that bs to you guys at Wofford and Furmie so they can charge ridiculous prices for a diploma.

ASUMountaineer
March 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Everyone knows it's Columbia Blue.

That was going to be my next comment. Damn you jelly! xlolx

ASUMountaineer
March 5th, 2013, 12:14 PM
FIFY

Why do El Cid grads always go straight to homo jokes?

ASUMountaineer
March 5th, 2013, 12:17 PM

Line about teaching in Poli Sci = xlolx

Line stolen from "UNC homos" = ghey

CID1990
March 5th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Why do El Cid grads always go straight to homo jokes?

Because SK is a homo?

Skjellyfetti
March 5th, 2013, 01:16 PM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=homophobes-might-be-hidden-homosexuals

Rekdiver
March 5th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Because SK is a homo?

Well I can see I haven't missed much ....especially from the Military College of South Carolina....What will you talk about when we are gone?

Remember it was you guys who thought shelling Fort Sumter was a good idea.........

CID1990
March 5th, 2013, 01:42 PM
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=homophobes-might-be-hidden-homosexuals

Nope.

In my family, when it was time to choose, my brother chose homo. I chose a$$hole.

BTW- the best indicator of being a homo is....

being a homo

TheRevSFA
March 5th, 2013, 01:43 PM
It seems to be more of a robin's egg blue honestly...

CID1990
March 5th, 2013, 02:49 PM
It seems to be more of a robin's egg blue honestly...

Actually it is Pantone 52-28.

SpeedkingATL
March 5th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Is that because they have told you a million times they do not want you Cocky? That color is Baby Blue by the way.

For the Tarheels it's "cry-baby blue"!

dgtw
March 5th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Nope.

In my family, when it was time to choose, my brother chose homo. I chose a$$hole.

What's the difference in the two choices?

IBleedYellow
March 5th, 2013, 03:09 PM
So just for anyone that doesn't want to read this threads last 12 pages. A TL,DR:

CID tries to attack GSU and App State for being jerks and leaving the SoCon and posting bad things at Sunbeltbbs.
Personal attacks go back and forth between App State/GSU and CID.
CID shows some homophobic tendancies while his schools colors are compared towards UNCs.

Hilariority ensues.

CID1990
March 5th, 2013, 03:28 PM
So just for anyone that doesn't want to read this threads last 12 pages. A TL,DR:

CID tries to attack GSU and App State for being jerks and leaving the SoCon and posting bad things at Sunbeltbbs.
Personal attacks go back and forth between App State/GSU and CID.
CID shows some homophobic tendancies while his schools colors are compared towards UNCs.

Hilariority ensues.

You forgot the part about yellow jaundice and NDSU.

CID1990
March 5th, 2013, 03:29 PM
What's the difference in the two choices?

Well if you are referring to preference, I suppose there is none.

ThompsonThe
March 6th, 2013, 08:48 AM
CID1990 just needs attention. Obviously didn't get any when he was growing up, or since. So keep giving it to him, he needs it badly.

The Eagle's Cliff
March 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
CID shows some homophobic tendencies while his schools colors are compared towards UNCs.

Do you suppose 4 years spent in close quarters with some men that he loved made him feel uncomfortable?

CID1990
March 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Please guys, at least make an effort to be funny and original.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/06/gygeva2y.jpg

Skjellyfetti
March 6th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Ironic you admonish people for being unfunny and unoriginal as you post a dumb picture that's been recycled for at least a decade. xlolx

BisonFan02
March 6th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Please guys, at least make an effort to be funny and original.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/06/gygeva2y.jpg

Reno is funny?

TheRevSFA
March 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
If you really want to post a funny picture of El Cid..

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/eticket/20090305/photos/etick_santini14_412.jpg

CID1990
March 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM

When that picture was taken, her countdown to "QUIT" was at about 3 hours and 15 minutes.

TheRevSFA
March 6th, 2013, 11:12 AM
When that picture was taken, her countdown to "QUIT" was at about 3 hours and 15 minutes.

I heard there were parties when she quit.

WH49er
March 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM

I'm sure there are some beautiful cankles under those tube socks.

CID1990
March 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I heard there were parties when she quit.

Sweat parties

TheRevSFA
March 6th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Is that Citdog behind her in the picture?

AshevilleApp2
March 6th, 2013, 01:13 PM

Nah, he's at the back of the line.

ASUMountaineer
March 6th, 2013, 01:41 PM

No, I don't see any Hebrews in that picture...

CID1990
March 6th, 2013, 01:43 PM
No, I don't see any Hebrews in that picture...

There was one in the very back of the line but he dropped out when he saw a penny on the quad.

seantaylor
March 7th, 2013, 01:21 AM

It's funny that Miller is probably the best athlete out of that crew pictured. LOL

walliver
March 7th, 2013, 09:24 AM

That never made any sense to me. If she really wanted wanted to go to The Citadel, you would think she would be working out, lifting weights, and running to be in tip top shape and prove she could make it. Instead, she sat on the couch eating potato chips and watching The Young and The Restless while the court case dragged on. I've always suspected she lost interest in attending The Citadel early in the process, and stuck with the lawsuit for political purposes.

CID1990
March 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
That never made any sense to me. If she really wanted wanted to go to The Citadel, you would think she would be working out, lifting weights, and running to be in tip top shape and prove she could make it. Instead, she sat on the couch eating potato chips and watching The Young and The Restless while the court case dragged on. I've always suspected she lost interest in attending The Citadel early in the process, and stuck with the lawsuit for political purposes.

That was known to a lot of people even as she put in her application.

BTW she didn't just sit on the couch. She had a few speaking engagements... a notable one at Furman where she said that cadets who talked to her were subsequently tortured and run out of school.

ASUG8
March 7th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Touchdown Citadel!!!!

kdinva
March 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
She had a few speaking engagements... a notable one at Furman where she said that cadets who talked to her were subsequently tortured and run out of school

......and somewhere Pat Conroy is hoisting a cool one.....

gasoutherneagle
March 9th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!!!

That never gets old! xlolx

Horseshoe App
March 9th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Oh, I don't think I heard that late in the season?
[/I]
That never gets old! xlolx

CID1990
March 9th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Touchdown Citadel!!!!

You can say that again, Bubba

pike51
March 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Might be Touchdown Citadel but... how'd that 2012 playoff run work out for them?

CID1990
March 11th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Oh, I don't think I heard that late in the season?
[/I]

That's because we whipped your tails early in the season.

CID1990
March 11th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Might be Touchdown Citadel but... how'd that 2012 playoff run work out for them?

One game less than ASU's.

Horseshoe App
March 11th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Again, you win one game in how many years against us and you still talk crap. You guys couldn't keep it up and didn't even make the playoffs. When you develop some kind of consistency, start talking crap. Until that point, please develop some manners.

One game less than ASU's.

CID1990
March 11th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Again, you win one game in how many years against us and you still talk crap. You guys couldn't keep it up and didn't even make the playoffs. When you develop some kind of consistency, start talking crap. Until that point, please develop some manners.

Ooooh Mr Sensitive!

When you drop your third chromosome I'll develop some manners.

GSUsTALON
March 15th, 2013, 07:03 AM

Nice Post