PDA

View Full Version : CSU Northridge to give students vote on football

UAalum72
March 1st, 2013, 08:05 PM
Daily Sundial (http://sundial.csun.edu/2013/02/special-election-to-be-held-for-matador-football/) article. Non-binding referendum, and even the chairman that put it up to a vote doesn't think it will pass.

Laker
March 1st, 2013, 08:20 PM
Daily Sundial (http://sundial.csun.edu/2013/02/special-election-to-be-held-for-matador-football/) article. Non-binding referendum, and even the chairman that put it up to a vote doesn't think it will pass.

Yah, I would doubt that any California public college will be adding football for awhile.

NoCoDanny
March 1st, 2013, 09:49 PM
Yeah aren't the California schools like 40% asian? No way that passes.

UAalum72
March 2nd, 2013, 10:10 AM

No, their demographics profile lists only 11% Asian; 36% Hispanic, 28% white, 7% Afr.

GoAgs72
March 3rd, 2013, 03:40 PM

You're thinking of University of California campuses, not California State Universities - completely different system. No California public universities will be adding any sports when they can barely stay open. The next budget cycle looks better - Governor Jerry Brown has done a good job trying to pull California out of the abyss.

Laker
March 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Governor Jerry Brown has done a good job trying to pull California out of the abyss.

I have to give Jerry credit for not allowing parole for Bruce Davis, one of the Manson followers. None of them should ever have gotten out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/us/california-governor-denies-parole-for-a-manson-follower-bruce-davis.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

coover
March 3rd, 2013, 08:48 PM
You're thinking of University of California campuses, not California State Universities - completely different system. No California public universities will be adding any sports when they can barely stay open. The next budget cycle looks better - Governor Jerry Brown has done a good job trying to pull California out of the abyss.

Yes, Governor Moonbeam, in his old age, has partially come to his senses, and is governing like a lukewarm Democrat, rather than how he ran the State in his earlier life, where he put the State into the position of future bankruptcy. Except for his constant cries to raise the taxes in this, the state with already the highest taxes in the land, he's done fairly well this time. I have to give him credit.

I do not believe he will run again in 2014 as his age may work against him, and I do expect another Democrat to win. The California Teacher's Union will assure that by spending millions of dollars for the Democrat through Television advertising, money the Republicans do not have. The Teacher's Union owns the State.

But, oh, this thread was about Football at Northridge. Bring 'em on. At less than 180 miles from the Cal Poly campus, they will make a great rival. We need more western teams.

But I am afraid the ones who have already written are correct. The student body will not accept a $500 a year fee for football, and the State simply cannot afford to fund even a part of the costs.

bojeta
March 3rd, 2013, 10:40 PM
Yes, Governor Moonbeam, in his old age, has partially come to his senses, and is governing like a lukewarm Democrat, rather than how he ran the State in his earlier life, where he put the State into the position of future bankruptcy. Except for his constant cries to raise the taxes in this, the state with already the highest taxes in the land, he's done fairly well this time. I have to give him credit.

I do not believe he will run again in 2014 as his age may work against him, and I do expect another Democrat to win. The California Teacher's Union will assure that by spending millions of dollars for the Democrat through Television advertising, money the Republicans do not have. The Teacher's Union owns the State.

But, oh, this thread was about Football at Northridge. Bring 'em on. At less than 180 miles from the Cal Poly campus, they will make a great rival. We need more western teams.

But I am afraid the ones who have already written are correct. The student body will not accept a $500 a year fee for football, and the State simply cannot afford to fund even a part of the costs.

Whoa!!! Coover, you can't be serious! As a fellow Mustang, it pains me to have to call foul on this. At the time of this broadcast, in the election between Brown and Whitman, Whitman had spent 140 MILLION of her own money in addition to countless millions from republican supporters (corporations, and individuals). Jerry Brown had spent a combined total of 10.7 million. Republicans outspent Democrats more than 10-1 in that race and lost.
http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=99877