PDA

View Full Version : Spring Football - TSN

FanofFCS
March 1st, 2013, 10:20 AM
Looks like The Sports Network has a series going on for spring football. Pioneer League is posted today.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/indexpic.htm

CFBfan
March 1st, 2013, 10:25 AM
nice find, thanks for sharing

chattownmocs
March 6th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I'll throw this in here. From the TimesFreePress to beat writer John Frierson

Who is the frontrunner right now to become the other starting LB alongside Wes Dothard and Gunner Miller?

There’s no sure-fire player with experience to plug into the lineup, like UTC had last season with Shane Heatherly. A name to watch out for, one that’s rather hard to spell, is Nakevion Leslie.

He redshirted last season as a freshman and is now bigger than the 5-foot-11, 205 pounds he’s listed at in the media guide. A defensive back in high school (Hillgrove HS, near Atlanta), Leslie could be the weakside guy to beat.

Who's going to run the ball? Strike that, who's going to get the most time at running back?

photo

Quarterback Jacob Huesman led the Mocs with 904 rushing yards on 195 carries last season. Fellow redshirt freshman Kenny Huitt was second on the team with 288 yards on 57 carries. Huitt’s stock got higher and higher as the 2012 season progressed and he may be the frontrunner at tailback heading into spring practice. Another back to watch is Tolerance Shepherd, who redshirted last season.

With that many starters back, what's the biggest concern on a defense that should be the SoCon's best?

I don’t know that there’s an area of concern, though UTC needs to give up fewer first downs and touchdowns in the fourth quarter. UTC returns loads of talent but lost coordinator Adam Fuller, promoting safeties coach Adam Braithwaite to DC and hiring former Moc Rusty Wright to coach the linebackers. Change can be a concern when things have been going well, but I doubt UTC will miss a step defensively. A team with Davis Tull, D.J. Key, Kadeem Wise, Derrick Lott, Dothard, Miller and others will have to get in their own way to not be successful.