PDA

View Full Version : Royce Morgan NOT with Lehigh

LEHIGH61
August 29th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Just saw the game notes for Saturday. Morgan is not on the roster - one of the great hopes for the fans of Lehigh this season appears to be gone. Rotten break, after being granted a fifth year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 29th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Just saw the game notes for Saturday. Morgan is not on the roster - one of the great hopes for the fans of Lehigh this season appears to be gone. Rotten break, after being granted a fifth year.

I would give up hope yet. Ngineer reported yesterday that there was a hold up on academics. I'm not sure what the rule is with the roster but if you're academically ineligible are you removed from the the roster until reinstated. Ngineer said he might miss the first 2 or 3 games, if what was said was true about the academics it didn't seem to big of a deal, this sort of thing happens fairly regulary. I'd wait for more info before panicking.

ngineer
August 29th, 2006, 11:08 PM
That's correct. Until the academics get cleared, he is not on the roster and hasn't been practicing with the team. It is hoped that once the incompletes are completed, he can start practicing again, so, hopefully, we'll see him in a few weeks--and especially when it counts in October.

LEHIGH61
August 30th, 2006, 11:27 AM
And hope for a good outcome. I sure hope Royce gets back into the fold.

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2006, 12:20 PM
It is set to pour Saturday in Bethlehem... I'd be wary Engineer fans... your leader is not playing, there is a new coach and system, Albany is returning much and is slated to be a top NEC team... plus we all remember that Holy Cross game and how the mud treated Lehigh...

cosmo here
August 30th, 2006, 12:26 PM
It is set to pour Saturday in Bethlehem... I'd be wary Engineer fans... your leader is not playing, there is a new coach and system, Albany is returning much and is slated to be a top NEC team... plus we all remember that Holy Cross game and how the mud treated Lehigh...

I wouldn't worry about it . . I've read that Lehigh has a bold new attitude under Coen, they should win this handily.

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I wouldn't worry about it . . I've read that Lehigh has a bold new attitude under Coen, they should win this handily.

I still think the weather will play a significant role... but I predicted Lehigh 28-14 on the PL board... make some picks...

http://www.voy.com/65230/

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2006, 12:51 PM

Lehigh should be able to pound at Albany all day if it came down to that. Lehigh's OL should be able to wear down Albany's DL. The thing Lehigh struggled to do last year was line up and smack you in the mouth. THe finesse offense was a disaster in the HC game when they needed to run the ball. This years Lehighs running game might be the best in the PL when you consider the depth. I'm really not too worried about this game. If this team is as good and focused as been rumored Albany should not pose much of a problem. Even under Lembo Lehigh never struggled in games like this. If the weather is as crappy as some are predicting i think Lehigh will win 28-7, 24-0.

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Lehigh should be able to pound at Albany all day if it came down to that. Lehigh's OL should be able to wear down Albany's DL. The thing Lehigh struggled to do last year was line up and smack you in the mouth. THe finesse offense was a disaster in the HC game when they needed that type of play. Lehigh's running game might be the best in the PL when you consider the depth. I'm really not too worried about this game. If this team is as good and focused as been rumored Albany should not pose much of a problem. Even under Lembo Lehigh never struggled in games like this. If the weather is as crappy as some are predicting i think Lehigh will win 28-7, 24-0 type game.

I think the Pards have that edge... we are a RB factory... Tavani rakes them in thanks to his credentials, personal history, and Lafayete RB performance. We average a stud at that position every few years.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I think the Pards have that edge... we are a RB factory... Tavani rakes them in thanks to his credentials, personal history, and Lafayete RB performance. We average a stud at that position every few years.

I dunno Pard, it will be close. Lafayette returns Hurt but Lehigh has histrorically had pretty good RB's. Before McCourt you would have to go back 10 years to Marsh. When you combine Threatt, Thompson, Fay, McGowen, and Pastore, that's a strong backfield. Hurt might be better then anything Lehigh has but after Hurt what does Lafayette have?

Ruler 79
August 30th, 2006, 01:40 PM
UA has a very big D front as well as a huge O-line. I can't see Lehighs line wearing down a bigger D line in the mud no less. if the weather makes it closer then it should be that will be an advantage to UA. Clearly LU should win and be favored but the weather is a great neutralizer.

UA is actually bigger the LU but that really does not mean a thing. on a dry track lehigh wins handily. On a muddy track, the team with the big line and power backs create a problem.

Lehigh 21
Albany 13

I would love a W here but I doubt it.Not yet!

A win here for UA would be a great great win for the program and from reports out of UA it is a screw everyone on our schedule attitude. Lehigh ...screw them, Delaware ...screw them etc.

Pard4Life
August 30th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I dunno Pard, it will be close. Lafayette returns Hurt but Lehigh has histrorically had pretty good RB's. Before McCourt you would have to go back 10 years to Marsh. When you combine Threatt, Thompson, Fay, McGowen, and Pastore, that's a strong backfield. Hurt might be better then anything Lehigh has but after Hurt what does Lafayette have?

D'Urso, Maurice White, and frosh TB Andre DeMorrow. He has much talent and we will likely see big things from him... Tyrell Coon too. Also, if you include QBs in that mix... Maurer is definetely a major threat.

Andy
August 30th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Of course, Lafayette fans haven't seen Lehigh's two transfer RBs yet, but a lack of respect for Thompson could be explained by his 13 carries, net 26 yards in our last two meetings. I think he'll get moved aside by the Kent State player.

cosmo here
August 30th, 2006, 04:40 PM
who wants to lay odds on a story in the paper on this in the next three days? 10-1? 20-1? :cool:

ngineer
August 30th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Well, maybe the new story will be how 'well grounded' the Mountain Hawks offense has become. I think we'll see a continuous rotation of backs: Thompson, McGowan, Pastore, Fay, Piascik depending on the situation.

cosmo here
August 30th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Well, maybe the new story will be how 'well grounded' the Mountain Hawks offense has become. I think we'll see a continuous rotation of backs: Thompson, McGowan, Pastore, Fay, Piascik depending on the situation.

ngineer, that's an artful dodge. obviously I was referring to the Royce Morgan story, unfortunately, unless past form doesn't hold true, we won't find anything out until this big story becomes a non-story.

ngineer
August 30th, 2006, 07:19 PM
ngineer, that's an artful dodge. obviously I was referring to the Royce Morgan story, unfortunately, unless past form doesn't hold true, we won't find anything out until this big story becomes a non-story.

Actually, it wasn't a dodge. I thought you were responding to the several posts earlier from your bretheran about the running back situation.
As for the Morgan situation, there really isn't much of a story...right now. IF Royce ends up being short credits and can't play, then, there is a story; and an unfortunate one since he went throught the process for the medical exemption.

cosmo here
August 30th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Actually, it wasn't a dodge. I thought you were responding to the several posts earlier from your bretheran about the running back situation.
As for the Morgan situation, there really isn't much of a story...right now. IF Royce ends up being short credits and can't play, then, there is a story; and an unfortunate one since he went throught the process for the medical exemption.

sorry, my fault . . you could have taken credit for it though :) don't the rosters have to be set by a certain date before the first game? or are you allowed to retroactively add somebody who wasn't eligible at the start of the season? if he was approved as a fifth-year medical redshirt senior, I would assume that cleared him both medically and academically. I guess I'm wondering if something went wrong here.

colgate13
August 31st, 2006, 09:59 PM

Uh, you're both on crack. The best PL running backs have come from Colgate, and we've got more depth there than should be legal.:thumbsup:

ngineer
August 31st, 2006, 10:30 PM
sorry, my fault . . you could have taken credit for it though :) don't the rosters have to be set by a certain date before the first game? or are you allowed to retroactively add somebody who wasn't eligible at the start of the season? if he was approved as a fifth-year medical redshirt senior, I would assume that cleared him both medically and academically. I guess I'm wondering if something went wrong here.

Don't know the actual answer; however, people I was speaking with seemed to indicate once his 'incompleteness' was corrected, he could rejoin the team. Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Andy
August 31st, 2006, 10:54 PM
From the PL release "Patriot League Football - Year 21 Begins":

PATRIOT LEAGUE CAREER LEADERS
Most Rushing Yards, Career
4,834 1. Erik Marsh, Lehigh (1991-94)

That's blasphemy!! Wake up, PL media guy! :nonono2: xidiotx

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 31st, 2006, 11:07 PM
From the PL release "Patriot League Football - Year 21 Begins":

PATRIOT LEAGUE CAREER LEADERS
Most Rushing Yards, Career
4,834 1. Erik Marsh, Lehigh (1991-94)

That's blasphemy!! Wake up, PL media guy! :nonono2: xidiotx

HAHAHA, that's priceless. I becken an email was sent about this "typo". Who are the top 10 RB and QB's?? Be interesting...