PDA

View Full Version : Scott adds 15 lbs. of muscle and sounds focused... plus, ralph, check out the name!

colgate13
August 29th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Link (http://www.uticaod.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060829/SPORTS/608290310/1030/SPORTS01)

HAMILTON -- Football seems bigger at Colgate this fall.

Bigger expectations after being picked to win the Patriot League. Bigger Andy Kerr Stadium with the addition of a 46-foot scoreboard.

And then there's Jordan Scott, who turned in the biggest season ever by a Colgate freshman running back a year ago. He's bigger -- by about 15 pounds of pure muscle.

It all adds up to a chance for the Raiders to repeat last season's success, something that would be no small feat.

"It's just a blessing, I feel very blessed. But I've got to keep it in perspective," said Scott of his offseason accolades, which include the Patriot League Preseason Offensive Player of the Year and a place on the Payton Award Watch, the list of candidates for the highest honor among NCAA Football Championship Subdivision teams. "I have goals to accomplish for my team and myself, that's what I'm concentrating on."

Hey ralph, looks like this writer is getting the name switch started early! :hurray:

And for those of us that hang on Biddle's every (sparse) word, you gotta love this outlook from him:

"His best football, in my estimation, is ahead of him."

Also, didn't realize that Andy Kerr's all time win record (11 more) is somewhat within reach for Biddle this season, with of course a stellar year. Next year seems likely though.