PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky - Week One

dbackjon
August 29th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Didn't see one for the Big Sky.

Rough way to start - 8 of the 9 teams are on the road versus I-A teams. Only newcomer Northern Colorado is at home, against former GWFC mate UC-Davis (or Cal-Davis, as SI.com labels them :O)

Thursday, August 31st

Sacramento State @ Boise State
Boise's high-powered Offense will roll over the Hornets.
BSU 49, CSUS 13

Northern Arizona @ #24 Arizona State
QB Controversy keeps ASU off balance in the first half, but ASU gets it together and wins 35 - 21.

Eastern Washington @ Oregon State
Good matchup, but OSU has too much - OSU 42, EWU 12

Saturday, September 2nd

Montana @ #16 Iowa
Griz keep it close early, but Iowa overpowers UM. Iowa 38, Montana 17

Montana State @ Colorado
Another game that would have been closer last year. Colorado far too strong, tough place to break in new QB.
Colorado 42, Montana State 7

UC-Davis @ Northern Colorado
Northern Colorado is still a couple of years away. UC-Davis 31, Northern Colorado 14

Weber State @ Colorado State
Weber suprises CSU, stays close - CSU 28, WSU 20

Portland State @ New Mexico
Another close game, but in the end, Lobos size wears PSU out. UNM 31, PSU 21

Idaho State @ UNLV
Bengals draw one of the weaker I-A teams - and pulls the upset. ISU 31, UNLV 24

Canyoncat
August 29th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Looks pretty good, however I think MSU will put up more than 7 on the Colorado defense. We won't win there, but it will be closer than 42-7. I am thinking more along the lines of 38-17. Cats have a veteran, fast defense that will give Colorado some fits early on. Cats will keep it close in the first half, but then the overall depth of Colorado will wear the Cats down. Final score 38-17 Colorado.

ucdtim17
August 29th, 2006, 11:57 AM
NAU-ASU won't be that close - ASU will score a lot

dbackjon
August 29th, 2006, 12:12 PM
NAU-ASU won't be that close - ASU will score a lot

If there hadn't been all the turmoil in the program the last week, I'd agree with you.

DaGriz
August 29th, 2006, 01:47 PM
If there hadn't been all the turmoil in the program the last week, I'd agree with you.

With Keller gone, Carpenter won't be looking over his shoulder. Look at his scrimmage numbers when there actually was a QB controversy. (Rudy Carpenter: 12-21-342-5 TDs). I agree with UCDTIM17, ASU is going to steam roll NAU. Until Murrieta can prove his one year wasn't a fluke, I don't have a lot of faith in NAU. I'll still be pulling for NAU.

Tod
August 29th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I'll be grateful if the 'Sky finishes 3-5. 0-9 wouldn't surprise me, though. :o

elkmcc
August 29th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I'll be grateful if the 'Sky finishes 3-5. 0-9 wouldn't surprise me, though. :o

It will be 0-9. Anything else would be an upset. ISU with Guiterrez maybe an ISU win, but I'm afraid that is dreamy too. I would imagine 0-9 will be a hole for the BSC to dig themselves out of as far as the power rankings are concerned. For a positive spin the coffers of the respective teams will feel a lot better after the weekend. Whether we like it or not, finances are a real concern for most football teams.

Here's to hoping for a bunch of upsets.

SactoHornetFan
August 29th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Here's how I see it playing out:

Thursday, August 31st

Hornet D will not let Bronco Offense be its usual self
BSU 40, SAC 21.

ASU destroys NAU, 56-10.

Remember when EWU almost beat DE the year the Beavs went to the Fiesta. Alas, no Meyer and Kimble, no win. Beavs in a rout 45-10.

Saturday, September 2nd

Montana @ #16 Iowa
UM would like to keep it close. But the Hawks are going to contend with Michigan and OSU for the Big 10 title. UI 44, UM 17.

Montana State @ Colorado
I have a feeling with Hawkins in control, they are going to BSU' MSU. Buffs 55-7.

ucdavis-sucks! @ Northern Colorado
This was a game in the past I could care less. But since UNC is now a conf. bro, I do care. Unfortunately Stinky McPoo from Methaneville pull out a win over the Bears, 21-10.

WSU lost good ones first to graduation, and now injury. Sonny's boys in a laugher, 36-13.

Why, oh why is PSU playing 3 FBS teams this year. Walsh's boys keep this close but fall in the end, 28-17.

Idaho State @ UNLV
The one "upset" of the week, though it would be an upset if the Rebels actually won. The not-so-bayou Bengals win 28-10.

SactoHornetFan
August 29th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Here's how I see it playing out:

Thursday, August 31st

Hornet D will not let Bronco Offense be its usual self
BSU 40, SAC 21.

ASU destroys NAU, 56-10.

Remember when EWU almost beat DE the year the Beavs went to the Fiesta. Alas, no Meyer and Kimble, no win. Beavs in a rout 45-10.

Saturday, September 2nd

Montana @ #16 Iowa
UM would like to keep it close. But the Hawks are going to contend with Michigan and OSU for the Big 10 title. UI 44, UM 17.

Montana State @ Colorado
I have a feeling with Hawkins in control, they are going to BSU' MSU. Buffs 55-7.

ucdavis-sucks! @ Northern Colorado
This was a game in the past I could care less. But since UNC is now a conf. bro, I do care. Unfortunately Stinky McPoo from Methaneville pulls out a win over the Bears, 21-10.

WSU lost good ones first to graduation, and now injury. Sonny's boys in a laugher, 36-13.

Why, oh why is PSU playing 3 FBS teams this year. Walsh's boys keep this close but fall in the end, 28-17.

Idaho State @ UNLV
The one "upset" of the week, though it would be an upset if the Rebels actually won. The not-so-bayou Bengals win 28-10.

I Bleed Purple
August 29th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I see 0-9.

IaaScribe
August 29th, 2006, 08:21 PM
UNLV will beat ISU by at least four touchdowns. Mark it down.

I Bleed Purple
August 29th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I'm expecting three, myself.

mikebigg
August 29th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Good Luck Big Sky... Some of these gonna be close. :nod:

GOKATS
August 29th, 2006, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=SactoHornetFan]Here's how I see it playing out:

Montana State @ Colorado

It's Hawks first season at CU and he just recently named a starting QB in Cox. Totally new 'O' scheme. They do have a solid 'D', but no way it'll be 55-7.

Hansel
August 30th, 2006, 08:24 AM
I see 0-9.
me too, with the only significant chances at winning being UNC and maybe ISU or PSU

pokeyfan
August 30th, 2006, 10:33 AM
why you so high on UNLV?

I Bleed Purple
August 30th, 2006, 02:42 PM
UNLV is not in a paddycake I-A conference. The MWC is probably the best conference outside the BCS. What I know of the MWC is that the lower teams still always have one element of their game that's pretty good, it's that everything else stinks. While playing I-AAs, that one element will run roughshod over them. I have no idea what UNLV's one element is, but it'll be enough to crush ISU.

Let me put it this way. Taking what I said into consideration, the elements of UNLV's game that are considered bad will be no more than equal to whatever ISU throws out there.

It's not that I'm high on UNLV, I just know they're still leagues ahead of any BSC opponent.

Wyoming is the MWC's worst team this year, and yet is still going to be favored against I-A opponent Utah State.

dbackjon
August 30th, 2006, 02:58 PM
UNLV is not in a paddycake I-A conference. The MWC is probably the best conference outside the BCS. What I know of the MWC is that the lower teams still always have one element of their game that's pretty good, it's that everything else stinks. While playing I-AAs, that one element will run roughshod over them. I have no idea what UNLV's one element is, but it'll be enough to crush ISU.

Let me put it this way. Taking what I said into consideration, the elements of UNLV's game that are considered bad will be no more than equal to whatever ISU throws out there.

It's not that I'm high on UNLV, I just know they're still leagues ahead of any BSC opponent.

Wyoming is the MWC's worst team this year, and yet is still going to be favored against I-A opponent Utah State.

UNLV is horrid - just like Duke, in one of the best BCS leagues is horrid.

At least 4 teams from the Big Sky could beat UNLV this year.

Weberrr
August 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
I'm optomistic, the Big Sky goes 9-0 and next week every team is in the top 25.xcoffeex

ncbears
August 30th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I see UNC beating UC-Davis even if our best wide out won't play. I also see ISU beating UNLV and the rest of the conference losing.

IaaScribe
August 30th, 2006, 05:05 PM
UNLV is much better than Duke.

There's a group of teams that would struggle to go .500 in I-AA (Duke, Buffalo, Temple, New Mexico State, most of the Sun Belt), but UNLV doesn't fit into that category. They've got some talent and they're improved.