PDA

View Full Version : SportsNetwork- Mocs look to kick down the door in 2013

chattownmocs
February 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fwriters%2Finfcshuddle%2Farchive%2Fha ley_02_20_2013.htm

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2013, 06:57 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2%2Fwriters%2Finfcshuddle%2Farchive%2Fha ley_02_20_2013.htm

Kick down the door to what? 3rd place in the SoCon?

Chills

chattownmocs
February 20th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Kick down the door to what? 3rd place in the SoCon?

Chills

Wow. You better gear up for another smack championship with zingers like that.

GlassOnion
February 20th, 2013, 07:32 PM

It was frickin hilarious.

"Huesman has an 0-4 record at UTC against Appalachian State, but that includes a one-point loss in 2010, a two-point loss in 2011 and a loss this past season in a game that was tied through three quarters. "

A perect record. Its a beautiful thing.

GATA
February 20th, 2013, 08:36 PM

I was under the impression that they had already kicked the door down and **** all over the rest of the INFERIOR league. At least that's what I've been hearing the last 3 years...

but THIS will be the year. I can feel it.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM

Can't help it. You were asking for it worse than this girl.

http://blogimg.ohmynews.com/attach/22451/1121481566.jpg

bluehenbillk
February 21st, 2013, 07:53 AM
Eventually teams & people have to "walk the walk".....

Until then.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM
Kind of crazy that the best we have done against Huesman was in 2009, which was one of the worst offenses GSU ever had.

Skjellyfetti
February 21st, 2013, 09:41 AM
Huesman trying to kick down the door:

http://youtu.be/CI3iSMkqXdw

TheRevSFA
February 21st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Well if App and Georgia Southern leave..it increases UT-C's chances at finishing 2nd in conference.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 21st, 2013, 09:45 AM
Well if App and Georgia Southern leave..it increases UT-C's chances at finishing 2nd in conference.

That's right. After all, citdog tells me The Citadel is #1 in the south.

CID1990
February 21st, 2013, 09:51 AM

No, they'll be in a three way tie for second, and sit home in November.

They'll rule the world NEXT year.

Apphole
February 21st, 2013, 10:00 AM
Huesman is 3-1 in moral victories against App State. I see no reason to not predict another this year.

The Eagle's Cliff
February 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Chattownmocs has taken the Tennessee (and UGA) philosophy of "wait 'til next year" and applied it to his Mocs. I love it! Very entertainingxthumbsupx

blueballs
February 21st, 2013, 10:49 AM
UTC has a LOT coming back and the young QB should be even better this year. Chatty has no excuses left, it is time for them to win now.

pike51
February 21st, 2013, 11:06 AM
UTC has a LOT coming back and the young QB should be even better this year. Chatty has no excuses left, it is time for them to win now.

But as usual, they will find a way to mess it up yet again!

asumike83
February 21st, 2013, 11:07 AM

Agreed. There should be no "wait 'til next year" for Huesman in 2013, the time is now if he's going to get over the hump. His teams are always going to be solid on defense but I still have questions about whether they'll get there offensively. They've got a new OC who needs to show results in year one, which can be difficult if the scheme is being changed much.

Apphole
February 21st, 2013, 11:17 AM
Chatty has no excuses left, it is time for them to win now.

I swear we were saying the same thing last year.

PaladinFan
February 21st, 2013, 11:28 AM
Agreed. There should be no "wait 'til next year" for Huesman in 2013, the time is now if he's going to get over the hump. His teams are always going to be solid on defense but I still have questions about whether they'll get there offensively. They've got a new OC who needs to show results in year one, which can be difficult if the scheme is being changed much.

Completely agree. We knock UTC mostly because of nonsense posted on the forum, but they should be pretty good. The new OC is a good move. Whomever was at the playcalling last year was making it more difficult for UTC to win, in my opinion. They've got enough talent on offense to be quite good.

Blaming playcalling is completely overrated, but I've never seen an FCS team be as cutesy on offense at UTC was last year. Put Robinson at receiver. Put Huseman at quarterback. Leave them there.

Lehigh Football Nation
February 21st, 2013, 11:33 AM
Undoubtedly Chatty's "southern speed" will be the difference in their title run in 2013.

CID1990
February 21st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Sung to the tune of "Tomorrow" from Annie:

Next year!
Next year!

I love ya, next year!

You're only a year a away!

blueballs
February 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM
Completely agree. We knock UTC mostly because of nonsense posted on the forum, but they should be pretty good. The new OC is a good move. Whomever was at the playcalling last year was making it more difficult for UTC to win, in my opinion. They've got enough talent on offense to be quite good.

Blaming playcalling is completely overrated, but I've never seen an FCS team be as cutesy on offense at UTC was last year. Put Robinson at receiver. Put Huseman at quarterback. Leave them there.

They need to do a better job of using their weapons, as you imply above.

When GSU played Chatty in 2011, they were dead in the water until Coleman got knocked out of the game and they brought in a QB (Robinson) who ran the read option which it was obvious GSU hadn't prepared for.

In 2012, Chatty had basically two plays against GSU: Huesmann throws it to Robinson or Huesmann tucks it and runs. They were successful to a degree but that can't sustain an offense for a full year.

Establishing a running game with something other than QB runs has to be a priority for the new OC. That alone will make them better. If they are able to do that the field will open up for the young QB, who I think has a chance to be really, really good.

Apphole
February 21st, 2013, 12:23 PM
Sung to the tune of "Tomorrow" from Annie:

Next year!
Next year!

I love ya, next year!

You're only a year a away!

Prediction: The main El Cid talking point for the coming season will be "Last year, last year."

CID1990
February 21st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Prediction: The main El Cid talking point for the coming season will be "Last year, last year."

You are a mite confident especially considering your recent history in JHS. Even Armanti had to go to OT to win there his last trip.

Apphole
February 21st, 2013, 12:36 PM
You are a mite confident especially considering your recent history in JHS. Even Armanti had to go to OT to win there his last trip.

I am willing to enter an avatar bet if you're keen.

CID1990
February 21st, 2013, 12:42 PM
I am willing to enter an avatar bet if you're keen.

I never, ever bet anything on football. Besides, don't you already have an avatar bet or two with Citdog?

I will, though, point out that given ASU's recent history in JHS, and last years absolute skullfarking we gave you guys in Boone... your confidence is puzzling.

asumike83
February 21st, 2013, 12:47 PM
I will, though, point out that given ASU's recent history in JHS, and last years absolute skullfarking we gave you guys in Boone... your confidence is puzzling.

Recent history in Charleston, yes. However, I think the 2012 massacre will actually benefit App as they prepare for the 2013 game. There is no better motivator than pride and we got embarrassed.

The Eagle's Cliff
February 21st, 2013, 12:55 PM
In all seriousness, Chatty should be competitive, but Huesman himself pointed out the mental hurdle. In 2013, Chatty will travel to Boone as well as Statesboro. Hopefully, GSU and Appy will be ineligible for the SoCon title because '13 can be transition year one.

chattownmocs
February 21st, 2013, 12:58 PM
I didnt write the article. SportsNetwork knows we are loaded.

Apphole
February 21st, 2013, 12:59 PM
I never, ever bet anything on football. Besides, don't you already have an avatar bet or two with Citdog?

If I was a Cid fan, I wouldn't be either. We talked about a bet, but I don't remember Citdog ever agreeing to it.

As far as my confidence goes, I don't know what's so surprising. The last time we played a JHS, Coach Moore taking his foot off the gas when we were up by 40 points, multiple trick plays by the dogs and taking a knee at the one yard line instead of punching it in to end the game are the only reasons the final score didn't reflect the *** whooping we put on you that day.

We're bringing back the SoCon's best QB and there isn't a DB in this conference able to consistently cover our top 3 receivers. The offense of 2013 is going to be putting up 2007 ASU numbers.

We just acquired not only the SoCon's best DC, but one that is VERY experienced against the triple option. If there's anyone that can prep for the El Cid game, it's Woody. The years of underachieving with future NFL players is over at ASU.

Couple all that with a fiery motivation to avenge the embarrassing display we put on last year and you've got a recipe for a blow out.

I like our chances to say the least.

CID1990
February 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
If I was a Cid fan, I wouldn't be either. We talked about a bet, but I don't remember Citdog ever agreeing to it.

As far as my confidence goes, I don't know what's so surprising. The last time we played a JHS, Coach Moore taking his foot off the gas when we were up by 40 points, multiple trick plays by the dogs and taking a knee at the one yard line instead of punching it in to end the game are the only reasons the final score didn't reflect the *** whooping we put on you that day.

We're bringing back the SoCon's best QB and there isn't a DB in this conference able to consistently cover our top 3 receivers. The offense of 2013 is going to be putting up 2007 ASU numbers.

We just acquired not only the SoCon's best DC, but one that is VERY experienced against the triple option. If there's anyone that can prep for the El Cid game, it's Woody. The years of underachieving with future NFL players is over at ASU.

Couple all that with a fiery motivation to avenge the embarrassing display we put on last year and you've got a recipe for a blow out.

I like our chances to say the least.

How did we get on to The Citadel in this thread again? Hm.

Like I have told the author of this thread before: It's a good thing we still play the games, then. Otherwise UTC/ASU would be forever undefeated.

PaladinFan
February 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM
They need to do a better job of using their weapons, as you imply above.

When GSU played Chatty in 2011, they were dead in the water until Coleman got knocked out of the game and they brought in a QB (Robinson) who ran the read option which it was obvious GSU hadn't prepared for.

In 2012, Chatty had basically two plays against GSU: Huesmann throws it to Robinson or Huesmann tucks it and runs. They were successful to a degree but that can't sustain an offense for a full year.

Establishing a running game with something other than QB runs has to be a priority for the new OC. That alone will make them better. If they are able to do that the field will open up for the young QB, who I think has a chance to be really, really good.

Some might disagree with me, but they have some dangerous weapons on offense. They have a good mobile running back that fits a spread offense. Huseman can move around well and looks pretty accurate. They've got a good tightend with speed. Robinson, in my opinion, can easily be one of the top receivers in the SoCon. He is not a quarterback. He cannot hit the broad side of a red barn.

Last season, the offense was pretty "high school." They were so concerned about getting Huseman and Robinson touches, that neither was particularly effective. If this new OC figures out that they have other talented players, let Huseman run the spread like it is designed to be run, I think they can be really dangerous.

Last year's UTC team was a prime example of what it looks like to be "overcoached." UTC's defense is already one of the best in the conference. If they just show some kind of consistency on offense, I think they'll be in the playoffs.

Apphole
February 21st, 2013, 01:17 PM
How did we get on to The Citadel in this thread again? Hm.

Like I have told the author of this thread before: It's a good thing we still play the games, then. Otherwise UTC/ASU would be forever undefeated.

App backs up our talk with championships. UTC does not. That is the difference. If I was a Chatty fan, I would not be as confident.

ASUMountaineer
February 21st, 2013, 01:19 PM
I didnt write the article. SportsNetwork knows we are loaded.

No one can stop Chatty!

CID1990
February 21st, 2013, 01:29 PM
App backs up our talk with championships. UTC does not. That is the difference. If I was a Chatty fan, I would not be as confident.

Actually, to be completely honest, I have been more concerned about UTC in our past two meetings than I was with ASU. We match up better with ASU, and the contests over the last 3 years with each team has borne that out, only with the exception of our comeback win over them two years ago.

There is no doubt that UTC has the talent, and sometimes that blind squirrel actually finds a nut. One thing is for sure- if they are not in competition for the conference title at the end of the season, they need to take a close look at what they are doing.

All that said, we have the majority of our team coming back and I expect that Samford will also be in the hunt. Nobody is going to waltz through the conference, and the champion will possibly have more than one conference loss.

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 21st, 2013, 02:14 PM
yawn.... same thing we hear every year from the Chatts, this is our year, were going to win the SC....hiring the OC from JM is a good thing, not that I think he is any good , but Huerman is clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, anyone else has to be an upgrade. Personally, I'll start to worry about Chatt when they significently improve their offensive line and running back positions, two positions that have shown little or no improvment since Huesman took the job.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 21st, 2013, 02:19 PM
yawn.... same thing we hear every year from the Chatts, this is our year, were going to win the SC....hiring the OC from JM is a good thing, not that I think he is any good , but Huerman is clueless when it comes to the offensive side of the ball, anyone else has to be an upgrade. Personally, I'll start to worry about Chatt when they significently improve their offensive line and running back positions, two positions that have shown little or no improvment since Huesman took the job.

First of all. Slow day on TSN, clearly.

The only problem is the attention-boner chattown has right now.

SpeedkingATL
February 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Chatty should be pretty good in 2013. However so should App, GaSo, Sammy, Citdogs, Wofford and possibly even Furple. If Whee can just improve there will be no walkovers in the SoCon next year.

IBleedYellow
February 21st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Yeah, goodluck with that. The Mocs have FOUR SoCon titles. The last was in the 1980s. TWO of your SoCon titles were shared. Nice winning tradition you have going on there.

chattownmocs
February 21st, 2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah, goodluck with that. The Mocs have FOUR SoCon titles. The last was in the 1980s. TWO of your SoCon titles were shared. Nice winning tradition you have going on there.

Don't need any good luck, just need to avoid the bad luck. Chattanooga will have a very good team next year, good enough to win the SOCON and end up in Frisco. Good enough to beat anyone in the country including your Bison and not in an "Any Given Saturday" kind of way either, toe to toe for 4 quarters both teams playing their best, we can beat anyone in the country.

CID1990
February 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Don't need any good luck, just need to avoid the bad luck. Chattanooga will have a very good team next year, good enough to win the SOCON and end up in Frisco. Good enough to beat anyone in the country including your Bison and not in an "Any Given Saturday" kind of way either, toe to toe for 4 quarters both teams playing their best, we can beat anyone in the country.

But in reality, you generally lose 5 of 11.

IBleedYellow
February 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM

If you catch us on a day like Illinois State or Youngstown State did, of course you can beat them.

Will they? Luck of the draw.

Plus first you have to go through GSU, App State, Wofford, El Cit and Furman. Enjoy that.

At least 2 games there are loses. Possibly more.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 21st, 2013, 03:33 PM

That's what they all say.

chattownmocs
February 21st, 2013, 03:38 PM
If you catch us on a day like Illinois State or Youngstown State did, of course you can beat them.

Will they? Luck of the draw.

Plus first you have to go through GSU, App State, Wofford, El Cit and Furman. Enjoy that.

At least 2 games there are loses. Possibly more.

Well, if we lose only 2 of those we will definitely be in the playoffs. I know you guys really pride yourselves on defense but man for man we will be the best defense in the nation next year. We have elite national players at every level. It might sound like old hat to some but it is just the case. Davis Tull is the best returning defensive player in the SOCON. Wes Dothard is probably the best LB, Kadeem Wise is the best Corner, DJ Key is probably the best Safety, Derrick Lott can match up with anybody in the country at DT. The defense alone will keep us in every game regardless of how anemic the offense is(it won't be)

IBleedYellow
February 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM
Well, if we lose only 2 of those we will definitely be in the playoffs. I know you guys really pride yourselves on defense but man for man we will be the best defense in the nation next year. We have elite national players at every level. It might sound like old hat to some but it is just the case. Davis Tull is the best returning defensive player in the SOCON. Wes Dothard is probably the best LB, Kadeem Wise is the best Corner, DJ Key is probably the best Safety, Derrick Lott can match up with anybody in the country at DT. The defense alone will keep us in every game regardless of how anemic the offense is(it won't be)

8 men don't make a team. 8 of the BEST players don't make a team.

Colton Heagle says hi.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM

Good lord. Try to get to 2 games above .500 this year. THAT would be a breakthrough.

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM
from top to bottom next year the SC is going to be really good, the usual teams, App, Wofford, GS will fight for the SC chamionship, but now, the middle of the pack teams, Samford and Furman have gotten alot better. I think Chatt will be better next year but will still end up around 6 and 5. As far as Chatt the best defense in the NC....ya right, North Dakota has something to say about that.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
from top to bottom next year the SC is going to be really good, the usual teams, App, Wofford, GS will fight for the SC chamionship, but now, the middle of the pack teams, Samford and Furman have gotten alot better. I think Chatt will be better next year but will still end up around 6 and 5. As far as Chatt the best defense in the NC....ya right, North Dakota State has something to say about that.

FIFY

BIG Difference

PaladinFan
February 21st, 2013, 04:58 PM
from top to bottom next year the SC is going to be really good, the usual teams, App, Wofford, GS will fight for the SC chamionship, but now, the middle of the pack teams, Samford and Furman have gotten alot better. I think Chatt will be better next year but will still end up around 6 and 5. As far as Chatt the best defense in the NC....ya right, North Dakota has something to say about that.

Furman will likely still be rebuilding. They'll be better than 2012, and I think will upset a few teams (a la 2011), but are still a ways from being the team they were 10 years ago.

As far as UTC's concern, the football gods may still be on our side. I was surprised to see the date, but it has been 20 years (1993) since UTC last beat Furman in Chattanooga. UTC has been woeful against the Paladins over their history, but their only recent wins have come in Greenville.

ASUMountaineer
February 22nd, 2013, 07:27 AM

Yet they couldn't beat a bad App State team, right?

chattownmocs
February 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Yet they didn't beat a bad App State team, right?

FYP

Every game stands on it's own.

Apphole
February 22nd, 2013, 08:32 AM
FYP

You couldn't. You didn't. You can't. You won't.

You suck.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 22nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
FYP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-p51fvYLc

ASUMountaineer
February 22nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
FYP

xlolx

henfan
February 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Kick those Bilco doors down, Mocs.

Chattanooga, which hasn't reached the national playoffs since 1984...

gotts
February 22nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Are we talking about the door to the treehouse here?

asumike83
February 22nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Funny thing is, that isn't even the title of the article. The one I'm reading is titled 'Mocs want to step in from the front porch'. A little different tone than 'kicking down the door'.