PDA

View Full Version : Montana St. buys out NDSU road trip this fall...

Pages : [1] 2

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER
Montana State has bought out of Bison football game, amazingly.

No sense clogging up the Delaware St. thread.....thoughts?

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Dom Izzo@DomIzzoWDAY
According to sources Montana State has bought out of its September 7th game in Fargo against #NDSU working on confirmation at BSA

No_Skill
February 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Thoughts are it sucks. It would have been a great home opener.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Thoughts are it sucks. It would have been a great home opener.

I honestly couldn't care less as long as it is filled with another D1 counter...works out fine if teams keep paying not to play us. Take the proceeds and put it towards another matchup.

bjtheflamesfan
February 16th, 2013, 06:58 PM
LFN, who is left with an opening on 09/07 that you know of (at least based on the Block Schedule matrix)?

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 06:59 PM
I bet Montana won't pull this crap...Just goes to show who the CLASS program is in that state.

This is the second time in 6 years MSU has failed to honor their commitment to come to Fargo.

If you can't beat the best, run from the best.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2013, 07:01 PM
This just proves that we can't get a good OOC schedule because the FCS is riddled with pussies.

and no, this doesn't mean move up either.

bjtheflamesfan
February 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Id say call Liberty but we have Monmouth on that day as our home opener

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM
xpopcornx

da_Bison
February 16th, 2013, 07:06 PM
xpopcornx

can't blame them, smart move because there was NO WAY they were comin into the dome for anything less than a butt whoopin and to watch us raise our banner. Also they would of been demoralized and it would have destroyed the rest of there season.

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 07:06 PM
xpopcornx

Don't you have some shelves to stock at Target for $9.50/hour?

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Don't you have some shelves to stock at Target for $9.50/hour?

Someone a little pissy. xhugx

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Someone a little pissy. xhugx

Actually, I have total confidence in Gene to schedule another game...He hasn't let the fans down yet.

I do, however, wonder what this thread has to do with the University of North Dakota? I guess there isn't much to be excited about in GF, considering the only sport the majority of GFCC fans care about has a bye this week.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Actually, I have total confidence in Gene to schedule another game...He hasn't let the fans down yet.

I do, however, wonder what this thread has to do with the University of North Dakota? I guess there isn't much to be excited about in GF, considering the only sport the majority of GFCC fans care about has a bye this week.

It has nothing to do with UND. I am just enjoying the show, while you are the one pulling an attitude. Keep the peace.

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Seriously?? This was going to be a great OOC game AND it would have been some DAMN GOOD tailgating. Well, that blows.

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 07:15 PM
It has nothing to do with UND. I am just enjoying the show, while you are the one pulling an attitude. Keep the peace.

Didn't you already get a warning from Ursus? Seems like you should be taking your own advice.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Didn't you already get a warning from Ursus? Seems like you should be taking your own advice.

So by posting the popcorn emoticon is not keeping the piece. Wow talk about your thin skin. But I am sure UND will be brought up once again by the media. Just like after the WCU buyout.

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 07:23 PM
So by posting the popcorn emoticon is not keeping the piece. Wow talk about your thin skin. But I am sure UND will be brought up once again by the media. Just like after the WCU buyout.

That's all that I will say about this.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 07:24 PM

Not likely....SDSU gets the honor of beating you guys on the 7th and Montana is on the schedule the following week.

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 07:26 PM

I don't work for the media anymore, so what does that have to do with me?...Keep trolling, darrel...It's just solidifies your reputation on message boards.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:27 PM
That's all that I will say about this.

Thought I would give you a laugh. Why isn't there a rule against buyouts? If you schedule a team you should have to honor it.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I don't work for the media anymore, so what does that have to do with me?...Keep trolling, darrel...It's just solidifies your reputation on message boards.

You asked me what does this have to do with UND so I just told you.

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Thought I would give you a laugh. Why isn't there a rule against buyouts? If you schedule a team you should have to honor it.

See, now this I can deal with.

Isn't it set in the contract what can occur. I just wish the buyout was something huge, like 750k-1 Million.

Laker
February 16th, 2013, 07:29 PM

Well, don't ask the Gophers- they seem to have plenty of money for buyouts. xrotatehx

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:32 PM

Isn't it set in the contract what can occur. I just wish the buyout was something huge, like 750k-1 Million.

I wonder what the biggest amount a team has paid to buyout a game. 750-1M is a good way to keep the contract honored.

BisonFan02
Well, don't ask the Gophers- they seem to have plenty of money for buyouts. xrotatehx

The Goofs need to save the cash now that they "can't" schedule FCS opponents anymore.

aces1180
You asked me what does this have to do with UND so I just told you.

But, as mentioned in this thread, UND already plays SDSU and Montana...Try again.

No_Skill
February 16th, 2013, 07:33 PM

If buyouts were that high, no teams would sign the contract.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM
But, as mentioned in this thread, UND already plays SDSU and Montana...Try again.

Here would be a Dom Izzo wet dream: UND buys out UM and replaces the game with NDSU, since his theory of a rumor of UM buying out the game isn't holding water.

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 07:35 PM
If buyouts were that high, no teams would sign the contract.

Or they could man up and never have an issue of needing to pay it.

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I think it is safe to say, NDSU won't ever agree play MSU again, and the only way they play unless they meet up in the playoffs.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Or they could man up and never have an issue of needing to pay it.

^^^^^^^this!!

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 07:37 PM
^^^^^^^this!!

Oh ****...A Sioux fan agrees with my logic. Guys, help me.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Oh ****...A Sioux fan agrees with my logic. Guys, help me.

We had 2 buyouts against us. It sucks.

Go Bison
February 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I am bummed that Montana State bought out the game. Would have made for a great OOC matchup. Anyway, I hope Montana State has to travel to the FargoDome in the playoffs. That is what happened the year Georgia Southern bought out their contract. However, if Montana State does come to Fargo for the playoffs I bet they lose by more than the 28 the Bison beat Georgia Southern by that year.

Bisonoline
February 16th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Seriously?? This was going to be a great OOC game AND it would have been some DAMN GOOD tailgating. Well, that blows.

My thoughts exactly. Was looking forward to good ooc games to start the season. Well what tomato can will we find to fill this spot?

Go Bison
February 16th, 2013, 07:43 PM
We had 2 buyouts against us. It sucks.

It does suck and seems to happen a lot to the ND and SD teams. Now you can see why NDSU has played the type of OOC games they have in the past. At least those teams make the trip.

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 07:45 PM
It's funny that people rag on us for our horrid OOC schedule....do you really think that WE want to watch these games either? Get with the program people, the best games I've ever watched came down to the last play. EDIT: This is a lie: Watching both Frisco games in person were the best. Georgian Southern has brought us the best games in the DOME.

Also, we are trying to schedule tougher OOC and the pansies just buy it out anyway. Sigh.

uofmman1122
February 16th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Wow....

This is just too good.

What a pussy move.

FWIW, we won't buy out next year. Griz fans have had that game circled on the calendar for a while.

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Wow....

This is just too good.

What a pussy move.

FWIW, we won't buy out next year. Griz fans have had that game circled on the calendar for a while.

Hopefully your AD agrees with the fans on this subject.

Go Bison
February 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Wow....

This is just too good.

What a pussy move.

I hope you are right but other than the Griz having to travel to UND last year(conference game) Montana teams haven't traveled to ND or SD in the last say 10 years but ND and SD teams have traveled to Montana. Time to break that pattern.

JSUBison
February 16th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I bet Montana won't pull this crap...Just goes to show who the CLASS program is in that state.

This is the second time in 6 years MSU has failed to honor their commitment to come to Fargo.

If you can't beat the best, run from the best.

Yeah, you didn't see the Griz come up with some excuse and cancel the ASU game last year. They had a lot of ish going on last year off the field, but they manned up and upheld the contract.

As far as MSU/NDSU, we all know there are buyout clauses and what not, but MSU is a team that can not be held to their word. You know it wasn't SMU that called MSU out of the blue, their AD had to of been scrambling to find a way out of this game.

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Wow....

This is just too good.

What a pussy move.

I never had a doubt in my mind that you folks wouldn't play the game...

uofmman1122
February 16th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I hope you are right but other than the Griz having to travel to UND last year(conference game) Montana teams haven't traveled to ND or SD in the last say 10 years but ND and SD teams have traveled to Montana. Time to break that pattern.Well, we'll be playing twice in ND next season.

Some fans actually wanted to buy out of the UND game this year to avoid playing @UND three years in a row, but our AD said the schedule is set in stone and won't change.

Southern Bison
February 16th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Oh ****...A Whioux fan agrees with my logic. Guys, help me.

FIFY. Think of it this way IBY, Darell's approaching the point of leaving the darkside and throwing the Emperor (Faison) over the railing. The Whioux are still too chicken-**** to play the Bison anyways.

Let's talk Undees Basketball...how did that game go against the Lumberjacks today?

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 08:03 PM
FGOSPORTSWRITER: Gene Taylor on the Montana State buyout: Really angry, really disappointed. Stunned. I just don’t understand it.”

DomIzzoWDAY: Buyout for MSU game is 100,000 #FCSFootball

Hansel
February 16th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Was looking forward to NDSU hurting Tits McGhee again- oh well.

Thundar
February 16th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Wow....

This is just too good.

What a pussy move.

For the record I doubt the bobcat fans were behind it...they are probably unhappy also

Nickels
February 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM
NDSU got HBCed

uofmman1122
February 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
For the record I doubt the bobcat fans were behind it...they are probably unhappy alsoFrom a Cat fan on eGriz:

For the Cats it is all about the money. They will make much more in this game. Plus, they now have two games in Texas (SFA, SMU) which all the lone star players and thier families will like. Great for recruiting too. Smart move!

The Cats will see NDSU in the national championship!

Don't worry. They'll show up and try to spin this one just like this moron.

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 08:24 PM
From a Cat fan on eGriz:

The Cats won't make it past the quarterfinals, if that...

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 08:25 PM
From a Cat fan on eGriz:

The Cats will see NDSU in the natty? Win a meaningfull playoff game first.

kdinva
February 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Syracuse has an opening on Sept. 14........they need one more OOC game........why doesn't NDSU go there, whup the Orange, and get $350K + for the effort.....

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 08:27 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/390293/group/homepage/

Comments from AD Gene Taylor

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Syracuse has an opening on Sept. 14........they need one more OOC game........why doesn't NDSU go there, whup the Orange, and get $350K + for the effort.....

Would much rather have that 6th home game.

Thundar
February 16th, 2013, 08:33 PM

We don't need the money from a second FBS game there is nothing to gain

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2013, 08:38 PM
From a Cat fan on eGriz:

They can't possibly be that delusional.

Twentysix
February 16th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Damn, I was really looking foreward to this one.

Southern Bison
February 16th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Taylor needs to start setting $250K+ buyout clauses in the contracts. That will make them think twice about this BS...

Drblankstare
February 16th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Chicken ****s. That is all.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 16th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Weak sauce by the Bobcats. The Griz really do wear the pants in the state.

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Weak sauce by the Bobcats. The Griz really do wear the pants in the state.
They bought us out last game ;)

But I fully expect them to play us next year.

HandoEX
February 16th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Is there a team out there that isn't a financially strapped cupcake that will come to Fargo?
MSU and GSU are a pair of scared programs. Can't blame them, both have learned the hard way who the superior program is in the playoffs. Can't run forever ladies!!!

And Montana is just as scared of the Bison. They learned their lesson against a DII Bison team in 2003. Couldn't honor their return either.

AmsterBison
February 16th, 2013, 09:55 PM
All I can say is that NDSU doesn't forget crap like this.

uofmman1122
February 16th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Uhhh, overzealous Bison fans, we never had a home and home with you. The Griz never bought out of a game with NDSU.

We DID buy out a game with SDSU, which I'm not defending at all, but don't get your panties in a bunch over the Griz.

We've never done this to you before. The D2 game was a one-off.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Uhhh, overzealous Bison fans, we never had a home and home with you. The Griz never bought out of a game with NDSU.

We DID buy out a game with SDSU, which I'm not defending at all, but don't get your panties in a bunch over the Griz.

I think the Griz were included in error. This isn't the first time MSU dodged this exact same game, and maybe that was the mixup in the previous post.

uofmman1122
February 16th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Curious, was the game scheduled this year a rescheduling of the earlier game they bought out of?

If so, WWWWWOOOOOOoooooowwwwwww...

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 10:20 PM
I think the Griz were included in error. This isn't the first time MSU dodged this exact same game, and maybe that was the mixup in the previous post.

Agreed...The UM/NDSU game in 2003 was a one-time shot.

aces1180
February 16th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Curious, was the game scheduled this year a rescheduling of the earlier game they bought out of?

Yes...MSU was supposed to play in Fargo in 2007 after NDSU went to Bozeman in 2005. This is the second time they have bought out their commitment. Both seasons before, the Bison had one loss (10-1 in 2006) and (14-1 in 2012).

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 10:22 PM

Yes....the NDSU portion of the Home/home was originally scheduled for 2007...MSU was going to buy it out, but they just pushed the game to 2013 instead. Six years later they buy it out.

IBleedYellow
February 16th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Haha, whoops. I meant to state that the Cats bought out back in 07. My bad.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 10:53 PM
FIFY. Think of it this way IBY, Darell's approaching the point of leaving the darkside and throwing the Emperor (Faison) over the railing. The Whioux are still too chicken-**** to play the Bison anyways.

Let's talk Undees Basketball...how did that game go against the Lumberjacks today?

Huh???

superman7515
February 16th, 2013, 11:10 PM
who is left with an opening on 09/07

9/7
Northern Colorado
Southern Utah
Charleston Southern
Morgan State
North Carolina A&T
Bryant
Duquesne
Murray State
Butler
San Deigo
Appalachian State
Mississippi Valley State

9/14
Montana State (haha)
Northern Arizona
Liberty
Villanova
Morgan State
North Carolina A&T
Duquesne
Robert Morris
Wagner
Southeast Missouri State
Bucknell
Georgetown
Butler
Drake
Marist
San Deigo
Appalachian State
Elon
Alcorn State
Mississippi Valley State

*Technically Florida A&M is available for both dates, but they will not play you. They have not played a regular season game against a Predominantly White College (PWC vs HBCU) from the FCS/1AA since they played Georgia Southern in the regular season opener in 1992. Some FBS games and Nicholls in 2004, but FAMU was transitional to FBS that year so it wasn't a FCS vs FCS matchup.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 11:16 PM
9/7
Northern Colorado
Southern Utah
Charleston Southern
Morgan State
North Carolina A&T
Bryant
Duquesne
Murray State
Butler
San Deigo
Appalachian State
Mississippi Valley State

9/14
Montana State (haha)
Northern Arizona
Liberty
Villanova
Morgan State
North Carolina A&T
Duquesne
Robert Morris
Wagner
Southeast Missouri State
Bucknell
Georgetown
Butler
Drake
Marist
San Deigo
Appalachian State
Elon
Alcorn State
Mississippi Valley State

*Technically Florida A&M is available for both dates, but they will not play you. They have not played a regular season game against a Predominantly White College (PWC vs HBCU) from the FCS/1AA since they played Georgia Southern in the regular season opener in 1992. Some FBS games and Nicholls in 2004, but FAMU was transitional to FBS that year so it wasn't a FCS vs FCS matchup.

Does App St. actually have those two open dates, or is it just that they haven't posted their schedule yet? That would be an awesome home/home.

Drblankstare
February 16th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Home and home with Appy sounds fun. That's my vote

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Home and home with Appy sounds fun. That's my vote

I know they have Montana on the road in week 1 (8/31)...don't expect them to make another road trip.

Twentysix
February 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I know they have Montana on the road in week 1 (8/31)...don't expect them to make another road trip.

Easy solution, 12 game season, away at app this year, and another cupcake at home. $500,000 buyout on the app contract. To bad it won't ever happen :(

T-Dog
February 16th, 2013, 11:32 PM
We're already at 6 road games and we have to have 6 home games because it makes the program solvent on its own.

From my understanding the final two home games (one of them could be awesome) aren't final, so there is a chance if you want to come to Boone this year.

Also, the Montana/App State/McNeese series is pretty-much locked in because the buyout for one game is 500K.

Gil Dobie
February 16th, 2013, 11:56 PM
http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/youre-kidding-right-bobcat-sceptic-humor-best-demotivational-posters.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
February 17th, 2013, 02:12 AM
I don't know how interesting the NAU game would be to Bison faithful but that's a game I'd like to see. The App State would be really great but I can't see NDSU getting them at home this year for the reasons TDog already pointed out. Guess ya never know though.

frozennorth
February 17th, 2013, 02:25 AM

msu was given a 6 year extension to make the other end of a home and home.

SpeedkingATL
February 17th, 2013, 06:37 AM
With the Georgia Bulldogs and Montana Griz as our current OOC games (both on the road) NDSU would make for an aweson OOC schedule. It would have to be a home and home with the game at The Rock this year. I couldn't think of a better home opener and with the 2 time defending national champs coming to The Rock I would guarentee the largest home crowd in App history. Make it happen!! Man, that would be a blast!!

Ivytalk
February 17th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Cowardly, cowardly custard, can't cut the mustard!xeyebrowx

Darlinikki150
February 17th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Montana must have some sand in their vajessie. I'm super diappointed in their program.

AmsterBison
February 17th, 2013, 07:07 AM

^ This is 100% true. Plus, since Montana is playing NDSU in Fargo first (as I was reminded in another thread), at least we don't have to worry about that game being bought out.

BTW, App State would be awesome, but NDSU's AD is going to be scheduling any more home-and-homes where the first game isn't in Fargo... at least not with a huge buyout.

uofmman1122
February 17th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Montana must have some sand in their vajessie. I'm super diappointed in their program.STATE!

Jesus.

There are two different schools in Montana, guys. We know how much you hate being referred to as UND.

marenlee
February 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Here's hoping the selection committee places MSU and NDSU on the same side of the playoff bracket. Assuming MSU makes it of course...

MSUBobcat
February 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I don't know who the Cat fan was that called this a smart move is, but I think he is in the minority. The people I've talked to are just as disgusted in this bitch move as NDSU is. xnonono2xxbangx Since MSU officials haven't commented yet, I keep holding on to a sliver of hope that someone at MSU says to the others, "You know how big of pussies it makes us look like to cancel this game, right?"

Hammerhead
February 17th, 2013, 09:59 AM
If they did, the buyout would probably be much higher and NDSU would get the first game in a home and home deal this time around.

I think it is safe to say, NDSU won't ever agree play MSU again, and the only way they play unless they meet up in the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
February 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Chicken **** move... no two ways about it. They could've move this game to 9/14 if they wanted to. They could've said something over the last 3 years that this date has been scheduled saying that they were going to buy out the game. To buy out a game that you had already ducked less than 7 months before it's scheduled to be played is thoroughly disgusting. The beef against MSU the last few years in the playoffs is that they've been soft, well it appears that comes starts at the top.

I would looooooooove to see them come to the Fargodome in the playoffs this year. Maybe they'll try to pay the NCAA to send them elsewhere. This won't be quickly forgotten in the NDSU athletic department.

superman7515
February 17th, 2013, 10:59 AM
They could've move this game to 9/14 if they wanted to.

That's the thing that got me when I was checking out the list of teams with available dates, why didn't they just move the game a week instead of backing out completely?

Thundar
February 17th, 2013, 11:01 AM
That's the thing that got me when I was checking out the list of teams with available dates, why didn't they just move the game a week instead of backing out completely?

Pussies........

Understand now?

superman7515
February 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
DomIzzoWDAY: Buyout for MSU game is 100,000 #FCSFootball

That's surprising. Delaware had a $150,000 buyout for D2 West Chester and it is more than twice that for FCS games. I wonder why NDSU let them off so cheap?

Thundar
February 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
That's surprising. Delaware had a $150,000 buyout for D2 West Chester and it is more than twice that for FCS games. I wonder why NDSU let them off so cheap?

Because we HONOR our deals and expected them to also, guess the good guys get screwed again..I lost all respect for the pussycats in this deal now

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM

It was negotiated in 2009 before a lot of the bigger buyouts were instituted. The previous buyout in 2007 was 10k

Southern Bison
February 17th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Easy solution, 12 game season, away at app this year, and another cupcake at home. $500,000 buyout on the app contract. To bad it won't ever happen :(

I love that idea!! Why not have the only 3-peat NC host the team that is the defending back-to-back NC in the season that we're going for the tie? There's a great PR matchup...what former NC with a consistently strong team doesn't want to host the defending NC? In my time on campus, I recall NDSU would always host a top-5 team from the previous season to see where we stood against the best.

Bisonator
February 17th, 2013, 11:08 AM

Probably because it was a home and home. AD's should expect those contracts to be honored. This just makes MSU look like chit! Hopefully other schools take notice and treat them the same way!

GSUsTALON
February 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
We don't need the money from a second FBS game there is nothing to gain

I think your right. You need another home game.

superman7515
February 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Probably because it was a home and home. AD's should expect those contracts to be honored. This just makes MSU look like chit! Hopefully other schools take notice and treat them the same way!

Doesn't matter if it is a home and home or not, ask Furman. I believe the term Kevin Tresolini used was prostitution, haha.

Green1
February 17th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I don't see how this is not a black eye for Montana State Football. Other A.D.'s are going to take note of this and take into account when negotiating schedule.

It also makes M.S.U. look like it is ducking quality competition. Recruits notice. Alumni notice. Media notice. Fan base notice.

How does A.D. spin it to donating alumni.

I think this is a public relations nightmare for Montana State. Not smart....

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I don't see how this is not a black eye for Montana State Football. Other A.D.'s are going to take note of this and take into account when negotiating schedule.

It also makes M.S.U. look like it is ducking quality competition. Recruits notice. Alumni notice. Media notice. Fan base notice.

How does A.D. spin it to donating alumni.

I think this is a public relations nightmare for Montana State. Not smart....

Yeah, I don't know how this is a plus for recruiting Texas. They see the games that MSU gets stomped in and they duck out of games. How is that a good thing?

Then again, I guess that's the only way they get to play in Texas.

Professor Chaos
February 17th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I don't know how this is a plus for recruiting Texas. They see the games that MSU gets stomped in and they duck out of games. How is that a good thing?

Then again, I guess that's the only way they get to play in Texas.
It's not, it's a chicken **** excuse to attempt to justify a chicken **** move. The reality is that Montana St saw that they could play a more winnable game where they could make more money so they tucked and ran.

This had to be pre-meditated as well for them to not even notify NDSU until after the Delaware St game was scheduled. There's no way that Montana St and SMU got together to discuss a potential game on a date that MSU had filled and subsequently decide to buy out the NDSU game all on Friday (when the NDSU/Delaware St contract was finalized). This has been in the making for a while but the Montana St AD chose to keep NDSU in the dark which is what pisses me off the most.

bobcathpdevil56
February 17th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Our AD is a little weasel sometimes. He does not do what is best for athletes or alumni but is concerned only with the checkbook. He is one of the least personable people that this university has ever put into a powerful position. Just when you begin to think your program is turning a corner and then they get scared s&^%-less and run.

Embarassing

bobcathpdevil56
February 17th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Also, if we don't officially apologize let me at least give you AGS Bison fans an apology, sorry about our pussy AD.

I was thinking trying to make a trip out to Fargo with some old college buddies, gosh dangit MSU

FargoBison
February 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM

They are probably playing Chadron School of the Blind on that date.

CrazyCat
February 17th, 2013, 01:12 PM
It's not, it's a chicken **** excuse to attempt to justify a chicken **** move. The reality is that Montana St saw that they could play a more winnable game where they could make more money so they tucked and ran.

This had to be pre-meditated as well for them to not even notify NDSU until after the Delaware St game was scheduled. There's no way that Montana St and SMU got together to discuss a potential game on a date that MSU had filled and subsequently decide to buy out the NDSU game all on Friday (when the NDSU/Delaware St contract was finalized). This has been in the making for a while but the Montana St AD chose to keep NDSU in the dark which is what pisses me off the most.

As of the 8th of Feb. SMU was still saying that the Texas A&M game was still on.

I'm as disappointed as anyone and was looking forward to this game.

Could someone point me toward where you bought such broad brushes so I could use them in the future.

Professor Chaos
February 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM
As of the 8th of Feb. SMU was still saying that the Texas A&M game was still on.

Could someone point me toward where you bought such broad brushes so I could use them in the future.
It's called reading the writing on the wall. If you want to plead ignorance so be it but you're kidding yourself if you think that MSU had no intentions of doing this before Friday. If NDSU had any inkling that MSU was getting cold feet they wouldn't have put out the official press release announcing the 2013 schedule on Friday. Montana St lost the benefit of the doubt long ago when it comes to scheduling in my book so I'm sticking with the opinion that your AD found a lower risk, higher win probability, and more profitable game and whored his team out at the 11th hour leaving NDSU out to dry.

BisonFan02
February 17th, 2013, 01:39 PM
42-17

ursus arctos horribilis
February 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Ducking NDSU sucks there is no doubt about it. They are playing SMU in place of NDSU so I'm not sure it's about them trying to soften up the schedule as I've seen a lot here the last couple days.

I think all other points are legit but that one I just can't see how it is sound thinking.

Southern Bison
February 17th, 2013, 02:24 PM

In the paint aisle next to the candy-*** colors that your AD just painted your entire school with. I'm looking forward to the Puddy-tats showing up in Fargo in December and it'll be deja vu (i.e. GaSo 2011)

CrazyCat
February 17th, 2013, 02:31 PM
dodge, dip, dive, duck, and dodge

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Ducking NDSU sucks there is no doubt about it. They are playing SMU in place of NDSU so I'm not sure it's about them trying to soften up the schedule as I've seen a lot here the last couple days.

I think all other points are legit but that one I just can't see how it is sound thinking.

The Bison Media Blog had a good breakdown. Say that you get maybe $400k from SMU. After air, buyout and lodging which will cost around $225k you are left with $175k. Is that worth burning a valuable scheduling bridge?

FargoBison
February 17th, 2013, 02:40 PM
The Bison Media Blog had a good breakdown. Say that you get maybe $400k from SMU. After air, buyout and lodging which will cost around $225k you are left with $175k. Is that worth burning a valuable scheduling bridge?

Plus NDSU was willing to pay MSU more money to not buyout and come to Fargo.

This is looking more and more like they just wanted to duck coming to Fargo.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 17th, 2013, 02:50 PM

No sir it absolutely is not in my mind but I'm referring to the team (MSU) being "tested" etc. and the softening of the schedule. I'm not sure if this softens the schedule but it may have been a more likely win for them to play SMU I'm just not sure if the claim can be made. It appears to be financial and the fact that they could play a team that they are as likely to beat as NDSU is the main reason. It doesn't seem like an honorable move in any way on the AD's part and some of the MSU guys have also alluded to that. We don't know the details so maybe there was some other cherry on top like SMU paying the buyout/transportation or something that makes that go up. It blows gotas and there is no way that it isn't frustrating for NDSU and MSU fans.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 17th, 2013, 02:53 PM

Wow, that makes the MSU AD look even worse if this is true. You absolutely know how bad you are f'n someone if this is the case and still move forward with it...not good for him going forward personally if MSU fans turn even more voacal on this matter.

Professor Chaos
February 17th, 2013, 02:54 PM
No sir it absolutely is not in my mind but I'm referring to the team (MSU) being "tested" etc. and the softening of the schedule. I'm not sure if this softens the schedule but it may have been a more likely win for them to play SMU I'm just not sure if the claim can be made. It appears to be financial and the fact that they could play a team that they are as likely to beat as NDSU is the main reason. It doesn't seem like an honorable move in any way on the AD's part and some of the MSU guys have also alluded to that. We don't know the details so maybe there was some other cherry on top like SMU paying the buyout/transportation or something that makes that go up. It blows gotas and there is no way that it isn't frustrating for NDSU and MSU fans.
Playing SMU may not be an easier game on the field per se but it makes their schedule easier in terms of playoff contention/positioning. If they lose at SMU no big deal, FBS losses don't hurt you but if they lose at NDSU than they're punished for it come playoff time. In my opinion, NDSU will be a better football team than SMU on 9/7/2013 but that's a debate that will go nowhere. What can't be argued is that playing SMU is less risky hence easier.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 02:58 PM

At the end of the day it's a bummer but not catastrophic. We're still on top, we'll still raise a championship banner that day and MSU will still be the colossal playoff failure that hasn't managed to win a significant game in December in years.

underdawg
February 17th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Would much rather have that 6th home game.

Hey SIU has a September 14 date open--want to play us twice in one year?

Bisonoline
February 17th, 2013, 03:00 PM

Where is this information?

Bronco
February 17th, 2013, 03:02 PM
-
It's all about getting home playoff games

A loss to a FBS sometimes doesn't even drop you in the polls but a loss to a FCS team can drop you many spots and that may be hard to make up if you want a high seed

The last couple years the cats have figured out how nice it is to have a home playoff game and especially one on ESPN can benefit recruiting and the local businesses kick in more support

FargoBison
February 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Where is this information?

Kolpack was talking about it on his blog.

I don't know much it was, but it certainly make sense for NDSU to pay MSU some money to not buyout rather than cut a huge check to some NEC team.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 03:09 PM
-
It's all about getting home playoff games

A loss to a FBS sometimes doesn't even drop you in the polls but a loss to a FCS team can drop you many spots and that may be hard to make up if you want a high seed

The last couple years the cats have figured out how nice it is to have a home playoff game and especially one on ESPN can benefit recruiting and the local businesses kick in more support

How long will they be good for recruiting when they consistently get their asses kicked at home?

CrazyCat
February 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM

I don't know much it was, but it certainly make sense for NDSU to pay MSU some money to not buyout rather than cut a huge check to some NEC team.

He said NDSU considered it not that they actually did.

I was told NDSU considered giving MSU a cash incentive to keep the game

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
He said NDSU considered it not that they actually did.

good. best to let chicken **** be chicken **** and not try to turn it into chicken salad.

BisonBacker
February 17th, 2013, 04:06 PM
For the record I doubt the bobcat fans were behind it...they are probably unhappy also

Not so sure about that at least not from what I saw reading the Boobcat forum. Completely disgusted with their AD and his cowardly BS.

Southern Bison
February 17th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Not so sure about that at least not from what I saw reading the Boobcat forum. Completely disgusted with their AD and his cowardly BS.

I read it too. Most of them are upset and they have every right to be knocking down the AD's door on Tuesday morning. This will hurt Montana State's reputation when it comes to future OOC contracts and they will end up with only 1 FBS ***-reaming and another D2 cupcake game each season. This move by the AD sheds some light on why they've collapsed in the playoffs over the past 3 seasons.

To all you Bobcat fans that are upstanding and pissed that your AD did this: The pitchforks are located a few aisles down from the paint section where the Bobcat lemmings are still looking for those "broad brushes".

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 04:26 PM
I read it too. Most of them are upset and they have every right to be knocking down the AD's door on Tuesday morning. This will hurt Montana State's reputation when it comes to future OOC contracts and they will end up with only 1 FBS ***-reaming and another D2 cupcake game each season. This move by the AD sheds some light on why they've collapsed in the playoffs over the past 3 seasons.

To all you Bobcat fans that are upstanding and pissed that your AD did this: The pitchforks are located a few aisles down from the paint section where the Bobcat lemmings are still looking for those "broad brushes".

Yeah, it's good they understand it. Still, there are a few out there trying to justify and spin. The funniest ones are those saying they're saving NDSU till "the semis or finals". xlolx

darell1976
February 17th, 2013, 05:27 PM

I like how someone in the comment section is blaming UND for this:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

cfm on February 17, 2013 at 2:16 pm said:

I bet you’re right about higher forces being at work here. No doubt UND played a role in this, trying to screw over NDSU. Gene was correct in calling out an entire conference for the actions of one school.

As for GT calling out the WHOLE conference is just stupid. Buyouts happen. UND got bought out by Central Arkansas so I suppose they should have called out the Southland. UND didn't bash the Big Sky in 2009 when Idaho State bought us out, and got the game replaced by the Britney Spears concert. He needs to take some PR classes as he does represent NDSU.

ThompsonThe
February 17th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I love that idea!! Why not have the only 3-peat NC host the team that is the defending back-to-back NC in the season that we're going for the tie? There's a great PR matchup...what former NC with a consistently strong team doesn't want to host the defending NC? In my time on campus, I recall NDSU would always host a top-5 team from the previous season to see where we stood against the best.

Am sure we would be glad to welcome you to Boone, but what date is that? Sounds like it may be the same date we play at Montana this year. I know we play Georgia in Athens also, but do not know the date off hand.
http://imageshack.us/a/img580/7915/holbc103605201209201201.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/holbc103605201209201201.jpg/)

TheRevSFA
February 17th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Hell hath no fury like Bison scorned

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I like how someone in the comment section is blaming UND for this:

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

As for GT calling out the WHOLE conference is just stupid. Buyouts happen. UND got bought out by Central Arkansas so I suppose they should have called out the Southland. UND didn't bash the Big Sky in 2009 when Idaho State bought us out, and got the game replaced by the Britney Spears concert. He needs to take some PR classes as he does represent NDSU.

Someone Darrel. One person. One person who was soundly rebuffed. You like to make this a thing, but it's not.

darell1976
February 17th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Someone Darrel. One person. One person who was soundly rebuffed. You like to make this a thing, but it's not.

And what about GT calling out the whole Big Sky? I mean come on what does Portland State have to do with this or Sac State or even UND. This is between MSU and NDSU not any other school. Doug Fullerton has no control on this.

Bisonoline
February 17th, 2013, 06:13 PM
And what about GT calling out the whole Big Sky? I mean come on what does Portland State have to do with this or Sac State or even UND. This is between MSU and NDSU not any other school. Doug Fullerton has no control on this.

Help me out here. Where did GT call out all the teams in the BS?

ursus arctos horribilis
February 17th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Playing SMU may not be an easier game on the field per se but it makes their schedule easier in terms of playoff contention/positioning. If they lose at SMU no big deal, FBS losses don't hurt you but if they lose at NDSU than they're punished for it come playoff time. In my opinion, NDSU will be a better football team than SMU on 9/7/2013 but that's a debate that will go nowhere. What can't be argued is that playing SMU is less risky hence easier.

Absolutely agree with ya. I even agree with ya that NDSU will probably be better on that date but didn't go too far on that topic for the very reason you put up there.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 17th, 2013, 06:27 PM

He made mention that this is the second time it's happened and stated the BSC as opposed to MSU itself for some reason in the sentence. Gotta admit it seemed odd to me as well. I believe it was in the In Forum article posted.

darell1976
February 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/390293/

“I could understand if it were two years ago,” Taylor said. “But in February, that really bothers me. If I’m the commissioner, I don’t know if any of our schools would have done it, but it’s interesting it’s been done twice on us from Big Sky schools.”

JSUBison
February 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
God damn for me getting sucked into this, but Darrell, why do so many UND fans post/troll on bisonmediablog? I know GF Herald has a hockey blog, but I never look at it. Do Bison fans **** on that like UND fans do on our blog? I'd be willing to bet no. And since seemingly half the posts on the bisonmediablog are from UND fans mucking things up, don't you think that it was one of you guys that made those blaming UND comments?

Southern Bison
February 17th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Someone Darrel. You like to make this a thing, but it's not.

Just like the Whiuox Football program! xlolx

darell1976
February 17th, 2013, 06:44 PM
God damn for me getting sucked into this, but Darrell, why do so many UND fans post/troll on bisonmediablog? I know GF Herald has a hockey blog, but I never look at it. Do Bison fans **** on that like UND fans do on our blog? I'd be willing to bet no. And since seemingly half the posts on the bisonmediablog are from UND fans mucking things up, don't you think that it was one of you guys that made those blaming UND comments?

I don't know why do Bison fans troll on the ESPN comment section of the UND-San Diego State game or the UND vs XXXX game. It goes both ways what is that word.....RIVAL! A Bison fan bringing up UND is no different than a UND fan bringing up the Bison. Its been going on since 1894.

darell1976
February 17th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Just like the Whiuox Football program! xlolx

Who has a complete 11 game schedule.:D

bisonnation
February 17th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Bummer would have been a great game. Even some Cat fans are pissed. Strategically it makes sense but the short notice is really a dick move.

Bisonoline
February 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Would have been a great start to the season---Kansas State then Montana State at home. Crap. Had a blast at MSU when we were there for the playoffs 3 years ago.

PAllen
February 17th, 2013, 07:37 PM
This just proves that we can't get a good OOC schedule because the FCS is riddled with pussies.

and no, this doesn't mean move up either.

Or it could mean FCS isn't filled with cash strapped whores. You could try returning an OOC game and that might get you more luck. I understand the finances make it better to play at home, but you are in the middle of nowhere for most programs.

PAllen
February 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Any info on why MSU did it? Do they have a big FBS payday coming in?

gotts
February 17th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Any info on why MSU did it? Do they have a big FBS payday coming in?

Did you read any of the previous posts in the thread?

FargoBison
February 17th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Or it could mean FCS isn't filled with cash strapped whores. You could try returning an OOC game and that might get you more luck. I understand the finances make it better to play at home, but you are in the middle of nowhere for most programs.

WTF are you talking about?

We have returned every home and home we've ever signed.

Last time I checked Montana State is even more in the middle of nowhere than Fargo is.

Southern Bison
February 17th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Whioux has a complete 11 game schedule.:D

FIFY...Whioux is also the 3rd-best FCS team in the Dakotas and are a cupcake game for So. Dakota St. this year.

SDFS
February 17th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Quick question to SU fans.. it was stated on another message board that NDSU contacted SMU to offer a game for less money.. is this true?

FargoBison
February 17th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Quick question to SU fans.. it was stated on another message board that NDSU contacted SMU to offer a game for less money.. is this true?

Completely untrue.

We need a home game, plus both GT and Bohl have zero interest in playing two FBS games.

SDFS
February 17th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Completely untrue.

We need a home game, plus both GT and Bohl have zero interest in playing two FBS games.

Thanks

Bisonator
February 17th, 2013, 08:28 PM

No chance. We need a home game.

I think GT mentioned the BSC because he was referencing Montana buying out SDSU. That's twice BSC teams have bought out game with MVFC teams. It sucks becau:se these two conferences proximity to each other should be a no brainer for OOC games, but the big fluffy keeps screwing us so f them!

Wilson16
February 17th, 2013, 08:34 PM

And a complete 5 win season

Southern Bison
February 17th, 2013, 08:50 PM

And a complete 5 win season

http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss321/Randi405/bazinga.gif

Vitojr130
February 17th, 2013, 09:23 PM

Does this imply that NDSU is not viewed as a quality opponent in the eyes of the other traditional FCS powers' AD's? If it comes to the "testing" of a team, there are plenty of rankings that put NDSU far enough ahead of SMU that I don't think there should be a question as to who is currently the stronger program. I was looking forward to the MSU game!!!

SDFS
February 17th, 2013, 10:13 PM
No chance. We need a home game.

I think GT mentioned the BSC because he was referencing Montana buying out SDSU. That's twice BSC teams have bought out game with MVFC teams. It sucks becau:se these two conferences proximity to each other should be a no brainer for OOC games, but the big fluffy keeps screwing us so f them!

Yes, Southland, BSC and MVFC - need to be scheduling games. This may come about faster than most people think - if Big 10 stops FCS games and other conferences in the west follow along. MWC, CUSA, MAC teams will be getting a large share of those non conference games which should lead to more interconference FCS games. But, teams may have to agree to more home and home type of arangements. Really only three teams can afford one way nonconference games in the west: NDSU, MSU and UM.

FargoBison
February 17th, 2013, 10:18 PM
More reaction from the Bison Media Blog...including an interview with NDSU AD Gene Taylor...

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2013/02/17/bison-video-blog-sunday-schedule-sheningans/

Bisonoline
February 17th, 2013, 10:30 PM
More reaction from the Bison Media Blog...including an interview with NDSU AD Gene Taylor...

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2013/02/17/bison-video-blog-sunday-schedule-sheningans/

GT didnt call out the Big Fluffy. The reporter tried to lead him down that path but he didnt bite. Thanks for the link.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 18th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Does this imply that NDSU is not viewed as a quality opponent in the eyes of the other traditional FCS powers' AD's? If it comes to the "testing" of a team, there are plenty of rankings that put NDSU far enough ahead of SMU that I don't think there should be a question as to who is currently the stronger program. I was looking forward to the MSU game!!!

It doesn't mean any of that and I never even came close to implying any of that. It is in reference to saying MSU was dropping quality opponents and this is why they have trouble once in the playoffs. The point was SMU is not a softening compared to NDSU. They are equivalent for all intents and purposes.

Bisonoline
February 18th, 2013, 12:35 AM

You are talking out of you azz with those comments. Name me one game ndsu HAS BOUGHT OUT ON A HOME AND HOME.

superman7515
February 18th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Where did he say NDSU bought out a game? He said if you wanted better games, offer home and away instead of a one and done only. No "talking out of his azz" about it, that's a definite truth. You're not going to get the top teams to come to you without a return game.

Professor Chaos
February 18th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Where did he say NDSU bought out a game? He said if you wanted better games, offer home and away instead of a one and done only. No "talking out of his azz" about it, that's a definite truth. You're not going to get the top teams to come to you without a return game.
That's exactly what NDSU did. This is the back end of a home/home. The first game was played in Bozeman in 2005. The second game was scheduled for 2009 (I think) before Montana St ducked that. They ended up reconciling that game into this one just to buy it out again.

That's also the same thing NDSU did with Georgia Southern and never got a return game.

superman7515
February 18th, 2013, 07:06 AM
That's correct, no one said otherwise. The way I took it, he was simply speaking about the replacement game. I think your buddy got a little defensive, but all the guy was saying is you're not going to get an AppState type game without making it a home & away deal.

aces1180
February 18th, 2013, 08:36 AM
GT didnt call out the Big Fluffy. The reporter tried to lead him down that path but he didnt bite. Thanks for the link.

Agreed...I think the article in the Forum was a bit misleading in the way they quoted GT.

Engineer86
February 18th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Does the big 10 decision lower the cost of FCS cash games, by lowering the demand for FCS money games. Going forward you could see a greater split in the FCS with certain program's that are able to pay for home games and others that have to go on the road now to an FCS school for less money because there is less demand for their services.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Does the big 10 decision lower the cost of FCS cash games, by lowering the demand for FCS money games. Going forward you could see a greater split in the FCS with certain program's that are able to pay for home games and others that have to go on the road now to an FCS school for less money because there is less demand for their services.

The B1G decision is theoretical at best. Barry Alvarez shooting his mouth off on a Madison radio station doesn't reflect policy or even a consensus of AD's in the conference. Until a press release announcing an official binding decision from the conference, it should be taken only as bluster.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 09:17 AM
What I'm curious about is why isn't the Bozeman Daily Chronicle mentioning one word about this? Nothing at all.

CrazyCat
February 18th, 2013, 10:44 AM
What I'm curious about is why isn't the Bozeman Daily Chronicle mentioning one word about this? Nothing at all.

The A.D. Is getting reamed from every social media outlet available and it's not just NDSU fans. Even MSU players are questioning the decision on twitter. It's not in the chronicle because,since Colter left, the chronicle sucks. Oh well, the chronicles loss was Bobcat Nations gain. I really do feel bad that this game isn't going to happen but it is what it is.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
I'll be interested to see what Coach Ash has to say about this.

I still can't believe the game was called off. The hype leading up to it would have been huge.

PAllen
February 18th, 2013, 11:25 AM
That's correct, no one said otherwise. The way I took it, he was simply speaking about the replacement game. I think your buddy got a little defensive, but all the guy was saying is you're not going to get an AppState type game without making it a home & away deal.

Supe read me correctly. It sucks to have a team back out on the return of a premier OOC Home and Home. I think we've all had it happen. I was just pointing out the difficulty of bringing in a quality replacement without any hope of a return game (which seems to be the preference of the NDSU admin and possibly Bison community at large).

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Supe read me correctly. It sucks to have a team back out on the return of a premier OOC Home and Home. I think we've all had it happen. I was just pointing out the difficulty of bringing in a quality replacement without any hope of a return game (which seems to be the preference of the NDSU admin and possibly Bison community at large).

There are at least 2 tiers of teams in FCS. Ones you pay and ones you do H&H's. Only handful of teams with available games are worthy of a H&H. When you are on NDSU's level, you don't have to do return games with most teams.

NDB
February 18th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I wasn't really pissed about this until I looked at it from a non-NDSU perspective, eg what if App State or Montana if they backed out of their game today. I'd think they are the yellowest damn fools ever.

Exactly what the hell is MSU's AD doing.

You don't screw over your associates. Buying out the game is bad, waiting until late February after the other school is a joke. You simply don't do sh#t like this in my book.

PAllen
February 18th, 2013, 11:55 AM
There are at least 2 tiers of teams in FCS. Ones you pay and ones you do H&H's. Only handful of teams with available games are worthy of a H&H. When you are on NDSU's level, you don't have to do return games with most teams.

And that attitude is why you will be playing a home schedule with FCS bottom feeders and D-II teams in the not so distant future. But hay, it works for the SEC.

aces1180
February 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
And that attitude is why you will be playing a home schedule with FCS bottom feeders and D-II teams in the not so distant future. But hay, it works for the SEC.

This attitude has also led to two-straight FCS National Championships, the highest demand for tickets in program history and the ability to pay for teams to come to Fargo...

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 12:06 PM
This attitude has also led to two-straight FCS National Championships, the highest demand for tickets in program history and the ability to pay for teams to come to Fargo...

A rigorous conference schedule is plenty, OOC can be bottom feeders when you can guarantee a sellout every time.

Go Lehigh TU owl
February 18th, 2013, 12:13 PM

You still have to be willing to travel on the road. Even the big time FBS squads are willing to travel to "lesser" teams every now and again.

I think Lehigh and Colgate would be willing to do home and home's with NDSU. I don't believe either of those programs are "below" NDSU in terms of their history. I'm actually surprised NDSU wasn't willing to travel to Easton to play Lafayette. They have a great facility and are located in an area filled with D1 talent. Plus, it's a cheap place to get to and the Bison fans would have digged the proximity to NYC and Philly.

How about CAA teams? Obviously a better overall conference than the PL and most of the schools are located in great recruiting locals as well.

Professor Chaos
February 18th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Getting 6 homes games are more important to NDSU than scheduling for recruiting exposure or cash. I've heard Gene Taylor say before that his goal every year is to schedule an FBS team that NDSU can compete with and get 2 home games OOC. That doesn't leave much room for FCS roadies OOC except for years when you can have 12 games. NDSU is going to Montana in 2015 but I'm guessing the plan is to not play an FBS game that year so as to still have the opportunity to play two OOC home games.

I don't perceive it as NDSU having a high and mighty attitude, I perceive it as making it a priority to have 6 home games every year.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 12:39 PM
According to Dom Izzo's Twitter GT has reached out to Liberty. Let's hope Turner Gill isn't still feeling the loss when he was coaching Kansas.

Southern Bison
February 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Getting 6 homes games are more important to NDSU than scheduling for recruiting exposure or cash. I've heard Gene Taylor say before that his goal every year is to schedule an FBS team that NDSU can compete with and get 2 home games OOC. That doesn't leave much room for FCS roadies OOC except for years when you can have 12 games. NDSU is going to Montana in 2015 but I'm guessing the plan is to not play an FBS game that year so as to still have the opportunity to play two OOC home games.

I don't perceive it as NDSU having a high and mighty attitude, I perceive it as making it a priority to have 6 home games every year.

Chaos, you're absolutely right. This is one of those opportunities where we can have a 12-game season with 10 games scheduled and 3 open dates remaining. Like I've mentioned before, let's get that "cupcake" game at home either in Sept. or Nov. 2nd, but let's push Taylor to get another top-5 FCS game back on the schedule.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Chaos, you're absolutely right. This is one of those opportunities where we can have a 12-game season with 10 games scheduled and 3 open dates remaining. Like I've mentioned before, let's get that "cupcake" game at home either in Sept. or Nov. 2nd, but let's push Taylor to get another top-5 FCS game back on the schedule.

I'm fine with Taylor's reasoning for 11 games. Nobody has played more games than this team in the last 3 years. Maybe in future seasons but this year 11 games seems fine. I'm not panicking, there are plenty of teams out there who want a game. A chance to play the defending champions in one of the best environments is very compelling.

bjtheflamesfan
February 18th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Just got word of it over on FlameFans. If the game happens, you guys come on by and make yourselves welcome

NorthernBison
NDSU had success with home and home deals with the Southland. I believe that Nicholls State, Northwestern State, Sam Houston, and Stephen F Austin were all home and homes that worked perfectly.

Georgia Southern bought us out but at least did it far enough in advance to allow for scheduling a replacement.

I doubt if NDSU will be willing to schedule home and homes with Big Sky schools that don't begin in Fargo unless the buyout is a VERY LARGE NUMBER. By that, I don't think $100,000 is anywhere close to a large number anymore. If anybody thinks that is unreasonable, I would submit that I believe NDSU would sign a contract like that if they had the return game because they wouldn't worry about the number because they would play the game and the buyout would be irrelevant.

BTW, it's OK for the MSU AD to simply admit the terror and night sweats he was suffering with this game on the schedule. Please, the NDSU roster has a pile of Seniors who went out to Bozeman and boat raced the Bobcats in 2010 (plenty of them contributed that year too). They are the same players who beat SHSU 39-13 in Frisco in January. Yeah, that same SHSU team that humbled the Bobcats in Bozeman last December. It's OK to be afraid when you are an Administrator. I feel sorry for the team though. I doubt they had any real fear and wanted the challenge. Fricken suits wrecking the game.

Go Lehigh TU owl

Liberty would be a good get. They've shown the willingness to travel just about anywhere for a game. I went to their game last year against Montana in Missoula. It's a respected team within FCS but a team NDSU should handle, especially at home.

NDB
February 18th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Playing Liberty would be great.

Maybe NDSU should play the religious angle.

We've just been screwed over by a bunch of liars from Montana. All we want to do is play ball.

Sly Fox
February 18th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I would suspect that a Liberty-NDSU contract would likely have to be home-and-home. We aparently have six home dates signed already for 2013 so perhaps a trip to Fargo this fall followed by a return to Lynchburg in 2014 could be worked out.

NDB
February 18th, 2013, 01:04 PM
It would almost certainly be a home and home. Not sure about 2014 though.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I would suspect that a Liberty-NDSU contract would likely have to be home-and-home. We aparently have six home dates signed already for 2013 so perhaps a trip to Fargo this fall followed by a return to Lynchburg in 2014 could be worked out.

I'm not so sure. When was the last time Liberty hosted a top conference school not located in Virginia?

I don't see one in the last 10 years.

Sly Fox
February 18th, 2013, 01:29 PM
We are hosting Montana in 2015 as the back end of a home-and-home. We don't need a check. We need to fill dates on our future calendar. Then again, if it is Lynchburg on the back end then there is a good chance we could be FBS by then and it would have even more appeal for the folks in Fargo to fly east.

NorthernBison
February 18th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I've commented many times about scheduling on our board. What fans are demanding from our AD's cannot be done. Here's what many NDSU fans want to see EVERY YEAR.

1. FBS game (nice paycheck and program exposure)
2. 6 home games.
3. Quality non-conference opponents.

With a 8 game conference schedule and an internal decision to not play a 12 game schedule, getting all 3 is basically impossible. The quality OOC opponents naturally will want a home and home deal resulting in a need to either forgoe the FBS game in the future or have a season where only 5 home games are on the schedule.

It's further complicated when you can't trust schools regarding honoring the return games on home and home contracts. For now, I think the NDSU philosophy will have to remain playing an FBS game and BUYING two home games. The last two years, that has resulted in 10-1 records and guaranteed home dates throughout the playoffs.

bjtheflamesfan
February 18th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Liberty played App State from 1993-1994 and From 1997-2002 (including two meetings in Lynchburg) NoDak

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Liberty played App State from 1993-1994 and From 1997-2002 (including two meetings in Lynchburg) NoDak

I did say 10 years. Only looked at ESPN

bjtheflamesfan
February 18th, 2013, 02:07 PM
yeah youre right. it has happened though

Southern Bison
February 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM
It would almost certainly be a home and home. Not sure about 2014 though.

I'm down for a home & home with Liberty!

TheRevSFA
February 18th, 2013, 02:10 PM
1) Liberty isn't going FBS...not for a long while.

2) NDSU's butthurt is kinda strong on this one. Yes it sucks that MSU bought you out, but it happens. Games get bought out.

3) For the record...lay off of Darell. Any time he posts something about UND (Save for the IPF) you guys jump all over it..

Back to the discussion..I hope you guys get a good team. I wish you'd schedule a home and home with SFA. I want an excuse to go to Fargo

Hammerhead
February 18th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Is it uncommon for teams to back out this late? It's one thing if a school does that during (or even before) the previous season when the other school has time to find a replacement.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Is it uncommon for teams to back out this late? It's one thing if a school does that during (or even before) the previous season when the other school has time to find a replacement.

from what I understand, it is VERY uncommon. That is the source of the butthurt more than anything.

knucklehead
February 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM

Pretty sure AD Barber said we should have 7 home games this year. So, I hope it's home and home with NDSU Coming to The Bill this year! EPIC!

knucklehead
February 18th, 2013, 02:29 PM
1) Liberty isn't going FBS...not for a long while.

You may need to eat those words sir. I don't have a timetable yet because nothing is sure, but I believe it happens within 3 or 4 years. Maybe sooner.

aces1180
February 18th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Pretty sure AD Barber said we should have 7 home games this year. So, I hope it's home and home with NDSU Coming to The Bill this year! EPIC!

I'm sorry, but that won't happen...NDSU needs a sixth home game.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry, but that won't happen...NDSU needs a sixth home game.

Which, considering the teams that have open dates, should be easy to get.

knucklehead
February 18th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Point taken. We shall see what happens. Just throwing that thought out there. I'd be happy either way with a home and home. A trip to ND might be nice this fall. Hope it's less smoky than my '12 trip to Missoula.

aces1180
February 18th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Which, considering the teams that have open dates, should be easy to get.

I'm confident Gene will get us a 6th game at home against an FCS-counter program.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I'm confident Gene will get us a 6th game at home against an FCS-counter program.

What about Bryant? Isn't Rocky still there?

Southern Bison
February 18th, 2013, 03:53 PM
What about Bryant? Isn't Rocky still there?

That would be pretty cool...Rocky would be very welcome at the Fargodome likely to a standing O.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 04:03 PM
That would be pretty cool...Rocky would be very welcome at the Fargodome likely to a standing O.

Yeah, I guess it was pretty good when he brought Northeastern a while back. Since Bohl's going to pass him this year, might be an interesting story line.

I just checked, if NDSU wins the K-State game (I know). That would be the possible record tying game.

Southern Bison
February 18th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I guess it was pretty good when he brought Northeastern a while back. Since Bohl's going to pass him this year, might be an interesting story line.

I just checked, if NDSU wins the K-State game (I know). That would be the possible record tying game.

Damn, I was just about to post that!

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Damn, I was just about to post that!

You know we're going to be flamed pretty hard for taking a win for granted at K State. Because that's all they're going to see.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 18th, 2013, 04:43 PM
You know we're going to be flamed pretty hard for taking a win for granted at K State. Because that's all they're going to see.

Holy crap, you didn't even throw an "if" in there? I'm gonna have to go reread that one.xlolx

Laker
February 18th, 2013, 05:41 PM
This guy has that statement posted in the locker room already.

bobcathpdevil56
February 18th, 2013, 06:01 PM
If i saw our AD right now i would kick him soo hard in the balls, he is making every single one of us Bobcats look like lil pussies. Jacka$$

bobcathpdevil56
February 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
We need to add an emoticon of ball kicking

superman7515
February 18th, 2013, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJl3ZAg6mj0

Livgriz
February 18th, 2013, 09:04 PM
As you can tell by my user name I am not inclined to be an apologist for MSU. But, what if they got sent to Fargo for a second round game? And won.The meltdown by the arrogant, whiney, pouty Bison fans would be epic. Not saying that this could ever happen, but what if? Be good for FCS football. AGS Bizon.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 18th, 2013, 09:24 PM
As you can tell by my user name I am not inclined to be an apologist for MSU. But, what if they got sent to Fargo for a second round game? And won.The meltdown by the arrogant, whiney, pouty Bison fans would be epic. Not saying that this could ever happen, but what if? Be good for FCS football. AGS Bizon.

You forget two things.

This is the Bobcats
This is the Bison

You're just pissy because you have been supplanted in the arrogant category with good reason.

Livgriz
February 18th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Like I said... I do not have a dog in this fight. Not pissy at all. All I am saying is what if?

aces1180
February 18th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Like I said... I do not have a dog in this fight. Not pissy at all. All I am saying is what if?

What if MSU goes 5-6 this year? Anything can happen...That's why they play the games. Or in the case of MSU, they don't I guess.

Livgriz
February 18th, 2013, 09:44 PM
And yes. The Griz fans set the bar for crowing. But the Bison fans have raised that bar to another level.Not saying that this is a bad thing. State pride is exactally that. Pride. I envy your success. But I would really like to see a little bit of humility on your fans part. Maybe because us in Montana can not do the same

Livgriz
February 18th, 2013, 09:52 PM
What if MSU goes 5-6 this year? Anything can happen...That's why they play the games. Or in the case of MSU, they don't I guess.

I can only hope. But I really don't think so.Their offense should be good, but the D esp. on the line is somewhat suspect.

Vitojr130
February 18th, 2013, 10:49 PM
It doesn't mean any of that and I never even came close to implying any of that. It is in reference to saying MSU was dropping quality opponents and this is why they have trouble once in the playoffs. The point was SMU is not a softening compared to NDSU. They are equivalent for all intents and purposes.

xthumbsupx Gotchya thanks for clarifying. This kind of stuff shouldn't happen to teams that have established themselves. It's offensive, really...

Wallace
February 19th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Wow. After reading Griz fans dissing MSU for buying out a game you would think that UM never ever did it.

Has the University of Montana ever bought out a game?

darell1976
February 19th, 2013, 05:57 AM

Why not NDSU is beatable in the Fargodome. Some of us even have a winning record in their dome. Anything can happen.

BisonBacker
February 19th, 2013, 07:28 AM

For those of you who believe this crap PAllen is posing you are delusional. Show me where GT has said he is only wanting a one and done deal with premier FCS teams. This was not a part of a one and done deal like you are trying to portray it. Quit trying to make it look like NDSU only wants a one and done from the top teams in the fcs. That's total BS and you are talking out your azz if you believe that. NDSU doesn't believe any quality team is going to come to Fargo. Neither do that fans.

AmsterBison
February 19th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Just bummed that this game isn't going to take place. It would have been a fun one.

Just to be clear: Buying out is one thing. Buying out this late in the process is another.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 07:54 AM
For those of you who believe this crap PAllen is posing you are delusional. Show me where GT has said he is only wanting a one and done deal with premier FCS teams. This was not a part of a one and done deal like you are trying to portray it. Quit trying to make it look like NDSU only wants a one and done from the top teams in the fcs. That's total BS and you are talking out your azz if you believe that. NDSU doesn't believe any quality team is going to come to Fargo. Neither do that fans.

I don't think he thinks that, I do think he has a different view of what the "premier" teams in FCS are, though.

gotts
February 19th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I don't think he thinks that, I do think he has a different view of what the "premier" teams in FCS are, though.

Did we ever find out who was the "Poll Committee?" :D

Edit: ND4E clear your PMs!

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Did we ever find out who was the "Poll Committee?" :D

Edit: ND4E clear your PMs!

Didn't realize I was so popular!

Hambone
February 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Didn't realize I was so popular!

Hate mail?? xdontknowx

:)

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Hate mail?? xdontknowx

:)

When people want to send me nasty messages, they do it in public. a lot.

aces1180
February 19th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Why not NDSU is beatable in the Fargodome. Some of us even have a winning record in their dome. Anything can happen.

Congrats...UND has a winning record in the Fargodome against NDSU in DII play...Too bad Roger Thomas decided to quit playing. Keep trolling, darrel. 10>1

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Congrats...UND has a winning record in the Fargodome against NDSU in DII play...Too bad Roger Thomas decided to quit playing. Keep trolling, darrel. 10>1

Yeah, I was going to let that go but that's just a stupid post.

darell1976
February 19th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Yeah, I was going to let that go but that's just a stupid post.

Just like saying MSU could never win in the Fargodome.

darell1976
February 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM

And congrats to you trolling onto my conversation with Livgriz.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Since you're both trolling this thread, it's only appropriate

darell1976
February 19th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Since you're both trolling this thread, it's only appropriate

Because Bison fans know nothing about trolling onto other fan's threads.

aces1180
February 19th, 2013, 08:55 AM

I wasn't trolling, I was stating facts.

Fact - DII UND owns a winning record against DII NDSU in the Fargodome
Fact - Roger Thomas quit the annual meeting
Fact - 10 > 1

Instead of bringing UND into your example, why not say Youngstown State or Indiana State have proven they can win in the regular season at the Fargodome over the last two years? UND hasn't played there in over 10!

aces1180
February 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Because Bison fans know nothing about trolling onto other fan's threads.

So you admit you are trolling in a NDSU thread...Got it, thanks.

darell1976
February 19th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I wasn't trolling, I was stating facts.

Fact - DII UND owns a winning record against DII NDSU in the Fargodome
Fact - Roger Thomas quit the annual meeting
Fact - 10 > 1

Instead of bringing UND into you example, why not say Youngstown State or Indiana State have proven they can win in the regular season at the Fargodome over the last two years? UND hasn't played there in over 10!

Damn your hatred for UND is almost Lakesbisonish. I said to him that its not impossible to beat NDSU in the dome. I think Cal Poly did it too. But please continue your hatred for UND other fans may enjoy it.

aces1180
February 19th, 2013, 09:01 AM

Damn your hatred for UND is almost Lakesbisonish. I said to him that its not impossible to beat NDSU in the dome. I think Cal Poly did it too. But please continue your hatred for UND other fans may enjoy it.

I assume by referring to "us" you mean UND? You brought it up, not me. Like I asked, why not mention a team that has won in the Fargodome recently, not over 10 years ago?

10>1

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM

Only one person on this thread has been warned about trolling like LB. Stop it.

citdog
February 19th, 2013, 09:04 AM

Are you moderating this site now? If not then shut your mouth and get in the kitchen and make your husband a sammi.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Are you moderating this site now? If not then shut your mouth and get in the kitchen and make your husband a sammi.

Funny I was just wondering what rock you were under, haven't seen you **** all over a thread in a while.

darell1976
February 19th, 2013, 09:06 AM

So no other fan of any team is allowed to comment in an NDSU thread even when it wasn't smack or attacks. Got it. I will just look at the bison fans replies in the UND building an IPF thread.

citdog
February 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Funny I was just wondering what rock you were under, haven't seen you **** all over a thread in a while.

Just watching this thread and you doing what is typical of women and democrats. Attempting to limit speech you don't agree with. Please take your fascism elsewhere.

aces1180
February 19th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Back to the topic at hand...I was pretty mad about MSU bailing, but it's over now. I trust GT will get us a home game either as a one-time guarantee match-up or the front-end of a home/home. There have to be some teams out there that want a chance to knock-off the two-time champs.

citdog
February 19th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Back to the topic at hand...I was pretty mad about MSU bailing, but it's over now. I trust GT will get us a home game either as a one-time guarantee match-up or the front-end of a home/home. There have to be some teams out there that want a chance to knock-off the two-time champs.

Tell your boy to get in touch with ours and see if we can schedule a game. If we didn't lose money on the deal I think you'd find The Citadel willing. We LOVE a good fight.

http://dogmatics.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/charge-at-trevilian-station-by-mort-kunstler.jpg

aces1180
February 19th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Tell your boy to get in touch with ours and see if we can schedule a game. If we didn't lose money on the deal I think you'd find The Citadel willing. We LOVE a good fight.

http://dogmatics.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/charge-at-trevilian-station-by-mort-kunstler.jpg

I'd love to see NDSU play the Citadel...Do any of the open dates match-up?

BisonBacker
February 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Just bummed that this game isn't going to take place. It would have been a fun one.

Just to be clear: Buying out is one thing. Buying out this late in the process is another.

This X 1000

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 09:24 AM

Holy ****, would I love to see that! It would be would be like Sherman's March to the Sea.

citdog
February 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Holy ****, would I love to see that! It would be would be like Sherman's March to the Sea.

Crimes Against Humanity?

NoDak 4 Ever
February 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Crimes Against Humanity?

It will probably feel like that.

JSUBison
February 19th, 2013, 09:49 AM
There are a few different scenarios out there. I like the idea of Liberty home/home. But looking at open dates out there, it's conceivable that NDSU could have 3 HBCU's on the OOC schedule. Offer Missippippi Valley a money game, sign JSU to home/home with NDSU traveling there this year on Nov 2nd. JSU only has 5 true home games this year. The return date could be the year NDSU travels to Montana.