PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/Deleware St

THE HERD
February 15th, 2013, 09:33 AM
According to a local Fargo sports writer NDSU has sent a contract to Deleware St for a game this coming fall, so as long as they sign it this will be NDSU's eleventh game for next season. Not sure of date, but will be either Sept. 14th or 21st.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
According to a local Fargo sports writer NDSU has sent a contract to Deleware St for a game this coming fall, so as long as they sign it this will be NDSU's eleventh game for next season. Not sure of date, but will be either Sept. 14th or 21st.

I can't find DSU's schedule but I hope it's the 14th. A bye before the MVFC schedule would be pretty sweet.

THE HERD
February 15th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Totally agree.

superman7515
February 15th, 2013, 09:39 AM
C'mon guy, Delaware, not Deleware. And Delaware State has a game on the 14th against Towson, so they only have the 21st available.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 15th, 2013, 09:40 AM
C'mon guy, Delaware, not Deleware. And Delaware State has a game on the 14th against Towson, so they only have the 21st available.

You guys in New-irk are so touchy. xlolx

I guess it's not so bad. DSU is better than PVAM but probably not too physically grueling.

superman7515
February 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM
You guys in New-irk are so touchy. xlolx

I guess it's not so bad. DSU is better than PVAM but probably not too physically grueling.

Yeah, you UND guys are pretty laid back yourselves.

Laker
February 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Yeah, you UND guys are pretty laid back yourselves.

I wonder if the NCAA office sent the FCS championship banner to Grand Forks again this year? xpeacex

NoDak 4 Ever
February 15th, 2013, 09:50 AM
I wonder if the NCAA office sent the FCS championship banner to Grand Forks again this year? xpeacex

I hope so. Just a little more tweaking. "Hey, don't you wish you actually earned one of these?"

Go Bison
February 15th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Looks like it is a done deal with Delaware State on September 21st.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206416264

darell1976
February 15th, 2013, 12:56 PM

If they did NDSU would just petition the NCAA to have it returned to them.:D

darell1976
February 15th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Looks like it is a done deal with Delaware State on September 21st.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206416264

I hope Dom Izzo sees this so he can save the UND/NDSU matchup talk for next season.

Go Bison
February 15th, 2013, 01:02 PM
I hope Dom Izzo sees this so he can save the UND/NDSU matchup talk for next season.

I think anytime media in ND can bring up UND/NDSU matchup they will. It means big hits to their websites and blogs and gets people talking. That is what they do.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 15th, 2013, 01:05 PM

He tweeted it out an hour ago.

AmsterBison
February 15th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Apparently it's game on with Delaware State. NDSU has played 36 different FCS teams since starting the transition. Delaware State will make 37.

App State (35) and Montana (32) are way up there too for number of different FCS teams played in the last decade - the playoffs help a lot, of course.

On the flip side: Sacramento State and Idaho State have not played anybody currently in the FCS who is not also currently in the Big Sky (that's 12 different teams.) Even Ivy League schools get around more than that.

aces1180
February 15th, 2013, 01:54 PM
This game only cost NDSU $200K...That's a bargain compared to last year!

I'm happy with this year's schedule and look forward to the campaign for a 3-peat.

darell1976
February 15th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Apparently it's game on with Delaware State. NDSU has played 36 different FCS teams since starting the transition. Delaware State will make 37.

App State (35) and Montana (32) are way up there too for number of different FCS teams played in the last decade - the playoffs help a lot, of course.

On the flip side: Sacramento State and Idaho State have not played anybody currently in the FCS who is not also currently in the Big Sky (that's 12 different teams.) Even Ivy League schools get around more than that.

37...damn. Always a fresh face at the dome.

Southern Bison
February 15th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Any word if this is a home & home contract or a 1 & done?

ursus arctos horribilis
February 15th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Any word if this is a home & home contract or a 1 & done?

The 200K says to me it's a buy the one deal.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 15th, 2013, 05:53 PM
The 200K says to me it's a buy the one deal.

Undoubtedly. H&H agreements come between schools that don't come for a paycheck.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 15th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Undoubtedly. H&H agreements come between schools that don't come for a paycheck.

True dat. and you can't blame NDSU for doing this. They are in a good position to provide the fans home games and there are teams out there that can use the money and if it's worth it to both then you do it.

Montana took a lot of flak from a lot of NDSU fans (none of you that are strong posters here now) when the transition was happening and NDSU was willing to travel anywhere to get good games with good teams. I said back then that at some point if the wave hit NDSU then the AD would be doing the same thing and if you want to make some coin, have home games, and make the playoffs then this is the recipe. The people at the top at NDSU are very sharp and they realize that the dick measuring is done at the end of the year in the playoffs and not in the OOC schedule and leaving the home to play on the road just for the sake of it.

AmsterBison
February 15th, 2013, 10:21 PM
True dat. and you can't blame NDSU for doing this. They are in a good position to provide the fans home games and there are teams out there that can use the money and if it's worth it to both then you do it.

Montana took a lot of flak from a lot of NDSU fans (none of you that are strong posters here now) when the transition was happening and NDSU was willing to travel anywhere to get good games with good teams. I said back then that at some point if the wave hit NDSU then the AD would be doing the same thing and if you want to make some coin, have home games, and make the playoffs then this is the recipe. The people at the top at NDSU are very sharp and they realize that the dick measuring is done at the end of the year in the playoffs and not in the OOC schedule and leaving the home to play on the road just for the sake of it.

I never gave the Griz crap before on this board, but your post goes too far... just because I didn't give you guys crap before, didn't mean you didn't deserve what you got. NDSU plays DI teams. NDSU plays FBS teams. NDSU kicks the crap out of both. The Griz were scheduling D2 teams so bad that NDSU wouldn't have dreamed of scheduling them back in the D2 days. Moreover, Bison honor their contracts, they don't tuck their dicks between their legs and run away like Montana did from SDSU. SDSU honored their part of a 2-1 contract and you guys Grizzed on them. That really pissed me off. Nobody treats the Bunnies like that except us. So hide behind the Big Skirt, you varmint Grizzlies, and pray that Sam Houston knocks you out of the playoffs because when the Bison find you.. THERE. WILL. BE. BLOOD*.

OTOH, you've scheduled App State for a home and home so that's something. :)

* And by "blood", I mean beer.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 15th, 2013, 11:38 PM
I never gave the Griz crap before on this board, but your post goes too far... just because I didn't give you guys crap before, didn't mean you didn't deserve what you got. NDSU plays DI teams. NDSU plays FBS teams. NDSU kicks the crap out of both. The Griz were scheduling D2 teams so bad that NDSU wouldn't have dreamed of scheduling them back in the D2 days. Moreover, Bison honor their contracts, they don't tuck their dicks between their legs and run away like Montana did from SDSU. SDSU honored their part of a 2-1 contract and you guys Grizzed on them. That really pissed me off. Nobody treats the Bunnies like that except us. So hide behind the Big Skirt, you varmint Grizzlies, and pray that Sam Houston knocks you out of the playoffs because when the Bison find you.. THERE. WILL. BE. BLOOD*.

OTOH, you've scheduled App State for a home and home so that's something. :)

* And by "blood", I mean beer.

I have no idea where you are coming from. I was 100% advocating what NDSU is doing. How is that not clear to you?

Let's not get too carried away with the D1 thing there though. We can all see how tough the competition is in a lot of cases recently. I ain't knocking it but let's not make it sound too grandiose.

Seriously, how do you take it that I was knocking NDSU there?

Contracts that got bought out? Tough titty. Things happen and decisions for the welfare have to be made so a couple of teams got their contract honored monetarily which really shouldn't have affected you in any way. Don't care a whole lot that you don't like it.xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM
I have no idea where you are coming from. I was 100% advocating what NDSU is doing. How is that not clear to you?

Let's not get too carried away with the D1 thing there though. We can all see how tough the competition is in a lot of cases recently. I ain't knocking it but let's not make it sound too grandiose.

Seriously, how do you take it that I was knocking NDSU there?

Contracts that got bought out? Tough titty. Things happen and decisions for the welfare have to be made so a couple of teams got their contract honored monetarily which really shouldn't have affected you in any way. Don't care a whole lot that you don't like it.xthumbsupx

I think a little bit is about the D2 teams. There are plenty of FCS teams out there that need a game and would be willing to come for a few bucks that you never have to schedule a D2 team.

jub1982
February 16th, 2013, 09:38 AM
I didn't think you were knocking NDSU. We've had this scheduling style for a few years now (one FBS, two home non-conference games). Some NDSU fans are still holding a grudge because we got bought out on a home-and-home or two. We learned from it.

Personally, I don't care if other schools schedule a D2. It's their choice to schedule a non-counter. I'm sure there's plenty of examples of teams not making the playoffs because of it. I just don't want NDSU to schedule a D2. Not everyone has the same budget as we do either.

AmsterBison
February 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM

Let me make it clear then: I was (not very seriously) objecting to NDSU's scheduling policies being lumped in with Montana's because Montana has a history of not honoring home-and-homes and NDSU does not. This is relevant to my interests because NDSU has a home-and-home coming up with Montana with the first game in Missoula.

da_Bison
February 16th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Let me make it clear then: I was (not very seriously) objecting to NDSU's scheduling policies being lumped in with Montana's because Montana has a history of not honoring home-and-homes and NDSU does not. This is relevant to my interests because NDSU has a home-and-home coming up with Montana with the first game in Missoula.

wrong, first game is in Fargo 2014

AmsterBison
February 16th, 2013, 10:46 AM
wrong, first game is in Fargo 2014

Well, then, never mind. :)

I cannot even imagine the crap storm if NDSU backs out of the return trip to Missoula.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 16th, 2013, 03:47 PM

I dd not lump in NDSU with Montana in that regard did I? You wanted to take a couple of shots and you did so good for you I guess.

My point was simply that a good fan base allows a team like Montana, NDSU, Delaware, etc. to have some flex in their scheduling and use that as the asset that it is. Sorry if you take some offense to this but I think you need to might need to lighten up a little as I'm not trying to degrade anything here.

If you feel lik making a mountain out of the buyouts then fine. We had financial issue from overdoing the H&H and going to Maine, Hofstra, etc. The former AD made some poor choices not just in the scheduling that put Montana in an enourmous 1 million dollar deficit hole that had to be worked out of with scheduling decisions. Part of that was a couple of buyous and part was paying a D2 team to come in at a cost of about $50K as opposed to what it cost for an FCS team. Nobody was happy about it, but as the AD coming in to fix the deficit while being hawked by the MT BOR Don Read had to do what needed to be to done to achieve financial stability again. As I said if you are offended I don't really care.

If you are so wise on the buyouts then how do you not know that the contracts since that time with Cal Poly, UND, etc. have not only been honored but a better deal given to Cal Poly than they had been getting prior to that f'up?

See, you want to whine about something that has had the steps taken to rectivy the problem but you want to stick some 10 yr. old f'up? Good for you again I guess.

We've played Iowa, Oregon, Tenessee, as well as whipping sub par FBS team as NDSU has done. If you are offended by it then you can lump it I guess.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Well, then, never mind. :)

I cannot even imagine the crap storm if NDSU backs out of the return trip to Missoula.

You probably won't hear it from me. I might give you a "I told you so" but I've seen it happen to us so wouldn't blame someone if they needed to dump it for money. Of course we'd be left to try and fill in and probably have to go with a D2 and then we'd hear about that from you so...

We've been bought out before as well by UNI, and had a game with Minnesota which was of course not H&H bought out, etc. so it just happens sometimes.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2013, 04:33 PM
You probably won't hear it from me. I might give you a "I told you so" but I've seen it happen to us so wouldn't blame someone if they needed to dump it for money. Of course we'd be left to try and fill in and probably have to go with a D2 and then we'd hear about that from you so...

We've been bought out before as well by UNI, and had a game with Minnesota which was of course not H&H bought out, etc. so it just happens sometimes.

If your AD has even any skill at all, you never have to schedule a D2. That is my entire argument.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 04:37 PM
I dd not lump in NDSU with Montana in that regard did I? You wanted to take a couple of shots and you did so good for you I guess.

My point was simply that a good fan base allows a team like Montana, NDSU, Delaware, etc. to have some flex in their scheduling and use that as the asset that it is. Sorry if you take some offense to this but I think you need to might need to lighten up a little as I'm not trying to degrade anything here.

If you feel lik making a mountain out of the buyouts then fine. We had financial issue from overdoing the H&H and going to Maine, Hofstra, etc. The former AD made some poor choices not just in the scheduling that put Montana in an enourmous 1 million dollar deficit hole that had to be worked out of with scheduling decisions. Part of that was a couple of buyous and part was paying a D2 team to come in at a cost of about $50K as opposed to what it cost for an FCS team. Nobody was happy about it, but as the AD coming in to fix the deficit while being hawked by the MT BOR Don Read had to do what needed to be to done to achieve financial stability again. As I said if you are offended I don't really care.

If you are so wise on the buyouts then how do you not know that the contracts since that time with Cal Poly, UND, etc. have not only been honored but a better deal given to Cal Poly than they had been getting prior to that f'up?

See, you want to whine about something that has had the steps taken to rectivy the problem but you want to stick some 10 yr. old f'up? Good for you again I guess.

We've played Iowa, Oregon, Tenessee, as well as whipping sub par FBS team as NDSU has done. If you are offended by it then you can lump it I guess.

They love to hold grudges...especially something that is a decade old.xpeacex

ursus arctos horribilis
February 16th, 2013, 04:44 PM
If your AD has even any skill at all, you never have to schedule a D2. That is my entire argument.
You are welcome to the opinion. I'm not fond of D2 games by any mens either however the difference in competition level between some D2's (NDSU, CWU, etc.) is non existent in comparison to some FCS teams so from the perspective that we take away a counter it bothers me. From the game on the field not nearly as much. I'd rather have the FCS but knowing that it doesn't help us as far as playoffs the people in charge still took that gamble and I assume they knew more than us so I'll have to defer to them on it unfortunately. It hurt us once in the last 20 yrs but other than that it worked out for them.

I don't know what the AD's at each school are dealing with so I don't get nearly as passionate about them doing their job as I assume they are trying to do it well in the overall concerns of their boss, the fans, and the Athletic Dept. in general. If they do a terrible job they go but I'm not sure this reaches that level even if I don't care for it.

As I said though, your opinion may vary.

frozennorth
February 16th, 2013, 05:16 PM
i think NDSU people are heckling the wrong montana program, if the rumors are true.

Professor Chaos
February 16th, 2013, 05:45 PM
i think NDSU people are heckling the wrong montana program, if the rumors are true.
I'll be disgusted if that's the case. It will be the 2nd OOC opponent this year that has left NDSU high and dry for a FBS game money grab. I'm beginning to think it wouldn't be a bad thing if all FBS conferences outlawed playing FCS games.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I'll be disgusted if that's the case. It will be the 2nd OOC opponent this year that has left NDSU high and dry for a FBS game money grab. I'm beginning to think it wouldn't be a bad thing if all FBS conferences outlawed playing FCS games.

IF it's true, they needn't wonder why they are such a playoff failure. No rigor in the regular season schedule.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 06:04 PM
http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29817&start=20

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

Postby CPACAT on Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:45 pm

Just heard a rumor we are backing out again and are going to play SMU instead.

Heard it third hand and have not been able to verify up the rumor chain.

Go Bison
February 16th, 2013, 06:08 PM
IF Montana State backed out again and don't reschedule can we just call them the pussy cats?

Hansel
February 16th, 2013, 06:11 PM
According to Kolpack's twitter- it is official... pussycats back out.

darell1976
February 16th, 2013, 06:12 PM

Does this mean Dom Izzo will be on the "schedule UND" kick again.

frozennorth
February 16th, 2013, 06:12 PM
anyone know the buyout?

edit: might as well schedule another fbs game, assuming anyone would be that stupid

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2013, 06:15 PM

oh **** them, God, what a bunch of ****ing pussies. Hope you get your asses beat AGAIN at home in the playoffs.

Hansel
February 16th, 2013, 06:15 PM
The pussycats played Drake, Chadron and SFA in non-conf last year, and skipped Poly, NAU in the Big Sky schedule. It is no wonder they continue to get curb stomped in the playoffs. May they have the curse of Georgia Southern.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER
Montana State has bought out of Bison football game, amazingly.

Gonna be an interesting next few days I think.....

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 06:24 PM
With the buyout, NDSU has the weekends of the 7th and 14th open in September...time to do some research.

CrazyCat
February 16th, 2013, 06:36 PM
The pussycats played Drake, Chadron and SFA in non-conf last year, and skipped Poly, NAU in the Big Sky schedule. It is no wonder they continue to get curb stomped in the playoffs. May they have the curse of Georgia Southern.

We don't set our Big Sky schedule.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
We don't set our Big Sky schedule.

Probably wasn't the point....I'm thinking Hansel was working towards the fact that your win/loss stat was inflated due to a softer schedule without NAU/Poly.

No_Skill
February 16th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Damn shame. I was really looking forward to that game.

frozennorth
February 16th, 2013, 06:51 PM
why, haven't been getting as many 30+ point wins as you would like?

ursus arctos horribilis
February 16th, 2013, 07:50 PM

It is a shame and I'm sorry to hear this news because I think it would have been real interesting for the division. Sorry to hear this news Bison fans but as I think was alluded to...it's gonna make it that much more dramatic if the brackets line up in the playoffs with both teams there.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2013, 07:52 PM
It is a shame and I'm sorry to hear this news because I think it would have been real interesting for the division. Sorry to hear this news Bison fans but as I think was alluded to...it's gonna make it that much more dramatic if the brackets line up in the playoffs with both teams there.

I would normally say there is a bit of revenge like with Georgia Southern but it's not like the Bobcats put up much of a fight anyway.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 16th, 2013, 07:57 PM
I would normally say there is a bit of revenge like with Georgia Southern but it's not like the Bobcats put up much of a fight anyway.

It's the only silver lining type thing I could come up with.

DSUrocks07
February 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Two things, I'm debating whether to try to attend this game (May be able to swing it combined with a trip to see my daughter in Michigan around that time of year). And the second is that I would LOVE to see NDSU make a trip to the East Coast. I mean we DID have So. Ill and JMU for home games in the past (shelling out quite a few dollars for this). Why not potentially schedule a three-time national champion NDSU for a home game at DSU next season. It would give NDSU a platform to how great they are to viewers on the East Coast and DSU could once again give the finger to UD by playing NDSU at home since they love their KC (legacy) cupcakes.

posting with full on EC(b)

Thundar
February 16th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Two things, I'm debating whether to try to attend this game (May be able to swing it combined with a trip to see my daughter in Michigan around that time of year). And the second is that I would LOVE to see NDSU make a trip to the East Coast. I mean we DID have So. Ill and JMU for home games in the past (shelling out quite a few dollars for this). Why not potentially schedule a three-time national champion NDSU for a home game at DSU next season. It would give NDSU a platform to how great they are to viewers on the East Coast and DSU could once again give the finger to UD by playing NDSU at home since they love their KC (legacy) cupcakes.

I would come to this game if it would happen

Twentysix
February 16th, 2013, 08:40 PM

I would love going to Delaware, for a DSU game against NDSU. I have a feeling this contract was signed as a one and done, though.

Southern Bison
February 16th, 2013, 08:48 PM
They love to hold grudges...especially something that is a decade old.xpeacex

Get back to work...There's someone at the counter wanting to order a McDouble and an apple pie.

Southern Bison
February 16th, 2013, 08:53 PM

I would come to this game if it would happen

There would be quite a few Bison fans & alumni that would show up from the Mid-Atlantic.

DSUrocks07
February 16th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I may be able to make the trip with my coworker who also went with me to the Michigan game years ago. Looks at Google Maps, driving from Dover to Fargo would take about 22 hours. xcrazyx

Obviously looking at flights. I assume that Minneapolis is a sure bet?

NoDak 4 Ever
February 16th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I may be able to make the trip with my coworker who also went with me to the Michigan game years ago. Looks at Google Maps, driving from Dover to Fargo would take about 22 hours. xcrazyx

We always fly from Columbus to Minneapolis and rent a car

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 09:04 PM

MSP is the way to go and drive....you can sometimes get lucky and fly to Fargo from there as well for not too much coin (plenty of flights, but it can sometimes cost a bunch)....if it is only a few bucks more to go the rest of the way to Fargo, I would do it though.

DSUrocks07
February 16th, 2013, 09:32 PM
MSP is the way to go and drive....you can sometimes get lucky and fly to Fargo from there as well for not too much coin (plenty of flights, but it can sometimes cost a bunch)....if it is only a few bucks more to go the rest of the way to Fargo, I would do it though.

I drive to Michigan (10 hours) from Dover on a regular basis so the 3 or so to Fargo from MSP isn't an issue for me. I'm sending out feelers to my friends and people I know to see who would be interested in making the trip. I just registered on Bisonville so I can get more of my general questions answered there.

Our schedule for this upcoming season is BRUTAL. Two CAAs and a MVFC team. Word is that we may be playing Sacred Heart on 8/31 but for all I know we may end up filling that spot with an FBS team.

BisonFan02
February 16th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I drive to Michigan (10 hours) from Dover on a regular basis so the 3 or so to Fargo from MSP isn't an issue for me. I'm sending out feelers to my friends and people I know to see who would be interested in making the trip. I just registered on Bisonville so I can get more of my general questions answered there.

Our schedule for this upcoming season is BRUTAL. Two CAAs and a MVFC team. Word is that we may be playing Sacred Heart on 8/31 but for all I know we may end up filling that spot with an FBS team.

No doubt about the drive, but with gas prices, save yourself the 6+ hours there and back if it only costs a few bucks to fly the rest of the way. Fargo's airport is a breeze to get in/out too.

Ivytalk
February 16th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Good for DSU! Gotta bring the Bison back East for a game somewhere in the greater Delaware area.

superman7515
February 16th, 2013, 10:50 PM
It would give NDSU a platform to how great they are to viewers on the East Coast and DSU could once again give the finger to UD by playing NDSU at home since they love their KC (legacy) cupcakes.

Hey, just remember your place and throw a few sprinkles on the icing this year. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
February 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I'm kind of hoping they wear the yellow jerseys. I always said they make us look like MEAC team anyway.

DSUrocks07
February 17th, 2013, 11:12 PM
I'm kind of hoping they wear the yellow jerseys. I always said they make us look like MEAC team anyway.

Now if only we can get you to play like a MEAC team that day, then it will be a fun game...for me at least. xsmiley_wix

GannonFan
February 18th, 2013, 07:51 AM
It would give NDSU a platform to how great they are to viewers on the East Coast and DSU could once again give the finger to UD by playing NDSU at home since they love their KC (legacy) cupcakes.

The funny thing about this comment is that DSU is one of our cupcakes. So in essence, we have a DSU guy criticizing us for playing his own team. xrotatehx

superman7515
February 18th, 2013, 08:50 AM
The funny thing about this comment is that DSU is one of our cupcakes. So in essence, we have a DSU guy criticizing us for playing his own team. xrotatehx

Not everyone subscribes to the Jeff Pearlman line of thinking.

caribbeanhen
February 20th, 2013, 07:45 AM

c'mon, Delaware pre-game meal was at the Magnolia Bakery in 2012, if not for cupcakes it would have been uglier

Panther88
February 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I wish that PVAMU could've been available for a game so that we could @ least keep NDSU's 1st team on the field by the start of the 2nd quarter. That in itself would've been a victory of sorts. xsmhx

Thanks though NDSU. You absolutely showed ALL PVers what a weightroom can do for your body and your team.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I wish that PVAMU could've been available for a game so that we could @ least keep NDSU's 1st team on the field by the start of the 2nd quarter. That in itself would've been a victory of sorts. xsmhx

Thanks though NDSU. You absolutely showed ALL PVers what a weightroom can do for your body and your team.

Don't worry, they also showed that same thing to Sam Houston.

Panther88
February 20th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Don't worry, they also showed that same thing to Sam Houston.

They showed it to everyone ND4E. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you guys are Texas state champs. :) And in that regard, if you guys EVER decide to come down here and head towards austin, there's a little team there that I'd LOVE to help finance you guys to put your bison foot, squarely in their a$$. And after you do that, collect the 600,000$ check as their offeratory lol.

But, what's up w/ the return revenge by PVAMU? You guys gave SHSU another shot. xconfusedx We'll need a check to get there and attempt to hold NDSU to 40 points by half-time by the 1st stringers. Our "athletic director" lol sez that we're broken of funds and hath not an extra $ to pay for a happy meal @ mickey ds so we'll have to exact our revenge upon you @ your place on your dime lol. xsmhx

NoDak 4 Ever
February 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
They showed it to everyone ND4E. If I didn't know any better, I'd think you guys are Texas state champs. :) And in that regard, if you guys EVER decide to come down here and head towards austin, there's a little team there that I'd LOVE to help finance you guys to put your bison foot, squarely in their a$$. And after you do that, collect the 600,000$ check as their offeratory lol.

But, what's up w/ the return revenge by PVAMU? You guys gave SHSU another shot. xconfusedx We'll need a check to get there and attempt to hold NDSU to 40 points by half-time by the 1st stringers. Our "athletic director" lol sez that we're broken of funds and hath not an extra $ to pay for a happy meal @ mickey ds so we'll have to exact our revenge upon you @ your place on your dime lol. xsmhx

While it would be nice for you guys, I don't think NDSU wants the reputation of scheduling the same overmatched teams every year.

Panther88
February 20th, 2013, 07:53 PM
While it would be nice for you guys, I don't think NDSU wants the reputation of scheduling the same overmatched teams every year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvSGx7yYBWA
Can you say OWNED?! xsmhx You guys reminded me of what it was like playing for my former dominant HS football team. We ran over, through, and around other abysmal squads @ will. Love that stuff. :)

BisonFan02
February 20th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Can you say OWNED?! xsmhx You guys reminded me of what it was like playing for my former dominant HS football team. We ran over, through, and around other abysmal squads @ will. Love that stuff. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ91cUbGnE

DSUrocks07
February 21st, 2013, 06:55 AM
Part of me wishes that this game happened last year, we had a pretty decent balanced attack and a QB who wouldn't be shell-shocked on this stage (he started the Michigan game for us). Now we're going to be breaking in a new QB with two other big-time games before this. Love the scheduling however, its a great way to measure ourselves against national competition.

Panther88
February 21st, 2013, 08:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ91cUbGnE

xlolx Yes, I saw that over 100 times over already. I keep throwing it up in PV alums faces. Quite a few are a naive non-competitive bunch who cannot spell the word football correctly yet alone understand what it takes to have a great squad like NDSU had the last few years. For instance, weightroom commitment and excellence on the field of play. xsmhx Just foreign concepts...

NoDak 4 Ever
February 21st, 2013, 08:19 AM
xlolx Yes, I saw that over 100 times over already. I keep throwing it up in PV alums faces. Quite a few are a naive non-competitive bunch who cannot spell the word football correctly yet alone understand what it takes to have a great squad like NDSU had the last few years. For instance, weightroom commitment and excellence on the field of play. xsmhx Just foreign concepts...

You have made my opinion of PVAM grow significantly. I had only ever heard of you guys from the losing streak in the '90s. It's good to see the team taking on challenges.

MR. CHICKEN
February 21st, 2013, 08:21 AM
Part of me wishes that this game happened last year, we had a pretty decent balanced attack and a QB who wouldn't be shell-shocked on this stage (he started the Michigan game for us). Now we're going to be breaking in a new QB with two other big-time games before this. Love the scheduling however, its a great way to measure ourselves against national competition.

17577...AH'M GUESSIN'.....DEEP DOWN...IN YER INNER SCROTUM.....YA'LL...ALREADY KNOW...WHERE YA STAND.....NATIONALLY & LOCALLY......xnodx......BROCK!

NoDak 4 Ever
February 21st, 2013, 08:23 AM
17577...AH'M GUESSIN'.....DEEP DOWN...IN YER INNER SCROTUM.....YA'LL...ALREADY KNOW...WHERE YA STAND.....NATIONALLY & LOCALLY......xnodx......BROCK!

Yeah but that scrotum has to be pretty big to contain the gigantic balls it takes to v come into the Fargodome for a game. Something the kitties seem to lack.

MR. CHICKEN
February 21st, 2013, 08:54 AM
Yeah but that scrotum has to be pretty big to contain the gigantic balls it takes to v come into the Fargodome for a game. Something the kitties seem to lack.

17578.....KITTIES?......TRY BLUEHENS....&...YA'LL KEEP WINNIN'...AN' WE START WINNIN'.....IT'LL TAKE CARE O' IT'S SELF.....xrotatehx...BROCK!

BisonBacker
February 21st, 2013, 08:58 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NoDak 4 Ever again.

GannonFan
February 21st, 2013, 09:06 AM

What would there have been to see? DSU got blown out by more than 3 TD's to a UD team that wasn't particularly good. I'm sure NDSU would've been much worse. How much more of a measure do you need?

MR. CHICKEN
February 21st, 2013, 10:57 AM
17579...OWN-LAH ?....AH GOT....HOW MUCH MERCY....DUH BISON CHIPS.....WILL SHOW.....DUH HORNETS?....xchinscratchx...BROCK!

DSUrocks07
February 21st, 2013, 11:19 AM
What would there have been to see? DSU got blown out by more than 3 TD's to a UD team that wasn't particularly good. I'm sure NDSU would've been much worse. How much more of a measure do you need?

You must be a real hit at parties...xcoffeex

Panther88
February 21st, 2013, 11:47 AM
You have made my opinion of PVAM grow significantly. I had only ever heard of you guys from the losing streak in the '90s. It's good to see the team taking on challenges.

I really wanted the game vs NDSU ND4E. I wanted the WORLD of PV Nation to witness how FAR the current team they're fielding has to go and how mentalities and plans MUST change in order to achieve success in today's highly competitive athletic football (athletics period) landscape. Unfortunately, the powers that be @ PVAMU (the "athletic director" - we do not have a full-time one over the last 4 yrs - and the commitment by the current president) have not made that commitment. Therefore, PVAMU fields the equivalent of a 6A texas HS football team masking itself as a division-I FCS caliber squad. And the fans, > 90+% of "them," they're clueless to recognize this sham. xsmhx

I wanted NDSU to score 90+ points in order to make sports center highlight reels and other media outlets for a duration. But, you guys showed class by putting a few fans in their 60s in the game along w/ the waterboys/watergirls to keep the score respectful. I was very saddened by your class to keep the score down. :(

GannonFan
February 21st, 2013, 02:33 PM
You must be a real hit at parties...xcoffeex

There's being an optimist, and then there's being where you are - delusional. Hey, I get it that you love your alma mater, but in the real world DSU is terrible in football and it's probably never, ever going to change. Doesn't matter how many measuring sticks you use when the outcome is always the same.

And no, I'm great at parties. I can honestly say that at a party I never, ever had to talk someone off the ledge because they genuinely thought that DSU football was going to be something big. Amazingly, it's never come up. xlolx

IBleedYellow
February 21st, 2013, 03:29 PM
Is it football season yet?

DSUrocks07
February 21st, 2013, 04:11 PM
There's being an optimist, and then there's being where you are - delusional. Hey, I get it that you love your alma mater, but in the real world DSU is terrible in football and it's probably never, ever going to change. Doesn't matter how many measuring sticks you use when the outcome is always the same.

And no, I'm great at parties. I can honestly say that at a party I never, ever had to talk someone off the ledge because they genuinely thought that DSU football was going to be something big. Amazingly, it's never come up. xlolx

xnutsx

What have I said...anywhere...that was anywhere CLOSE to "delusional"? That I think that our team last year would perform better than this year's team would. Excellent analysis there, Watson. xthumbsupx

SingForever
February 21st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Talk about padding the schedule!

NoDak 4 Ever
February 21st, 2013, 05:32 PM

We have had this argument plenty of times with Lehigh folks. When your conference schedule is rigorous enough, you don't need to play really tough OOC teams. That being said, every top OOC team we schedule buys us out. Can't do much about that.

Check my avatar. It seems to be working.

superman7515
February 21st, 2013, 06:26 PM

We have had this argument plenty of times with Lehigh folks. When your conference schedule is rigorous enough, you don't need to play really tough OOC teams. That being said, every top OOC team we schedule buys us out. Can't do much about that.

C'mon NoDak, you could have done better than that. Hmm...
NDSU 2012 regular season record: 10-1
Lehigh 2012 regular season record: 10-1

Who didn't make the playoffs? Oh yeah, the team with the weak schedule.

marenlee
February 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM

Don't get me wrong. I love my fellow Bison fans. But I hate that mentality. I have to hear it from just about every SEC fan on why they justify scheduling the western carolinas of the world and that's why I like to root against them. I know Gene Taylor is always looking to schedule quality games but you can't always be happy for and "settle" for cupcakes for ooc competition as a fan. It is nothing to get excited for. NDSU would be in the same position whether or not they play Georgia state :) or MSU. If not, they don't deserve to.

DSUrocks07
February 21st, 2013, 06:41 PM
Don't get me wrong. I love my fellow Bison fans. But I hate that mentality. I have to hear it from just about every SEC fan on why they justify scheduling the western carolinas of the world and that's why I like to root against them. I know Gene Taylor is always looking to schedule quality games but you can't always be happy for and "settle" for cupcakes for ooc competition as a fan. It is nothing to get excited for. NDSU would be in the same position whether or not they play Georgia state :) or MSU. If not, they don't deserve to.

Benefits of a playoff system. xnodx

MR. CHICKEN
February 21st, 2013, 10:45 PM

17582.....WHIFF...DELAWARE/TOWSON/NORFF DAKOTA STATE....IN SEPTEMBER......YA'LL BE X-MAS CAROLIN'..ON DUH GREEN....IN NOVEMBER......HOW YA'LL STACK UP NATIONALLY....SORRAH..YA LITTLE BUGGER......BOTTOM O' STACK.....:o...BROCK/BARAK/BRAWK!

ps......CAN YA SAY..."PAYDAYS".....SURE YA CAN!