PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Drops Season Ticket Prices

superman7515
February 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
After a few years of declining attendance after mandatory donations were put in place via the UDAF, they have announced across the board cuts in pricing for season tickets...

2013 Seating Chart & Prices (http://www.bluehens.com/tickets/DEStadiumSeatingChart_2013.pdf)

compared to...

2012 Seating Chart & Prices (http://www.bluehens.com/tickets/2012FBDEStadiumStgChart_prices.pdf)

Ivytalk
February 15th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Nice move!

Redwyn
February 16th, 2013, 06:28 AM
After a few years of declining attendance after mandatory donations were put in place via the UDAF, they have announced across the board cuts in pricing for season tickets...

2013 Seating Chart & Prices (http://www.bluehens.com/tickets/DEStadiumSeatingChart_2013.pdf)

compared to...

2012 Seating Chart & Prices (http://www.bluehens.com/tickets/2012FBDEStadiumStgChart_prices.pdf)

Wait...wait...

Your student section is called the "cockpit?"

....damn....that's just ballsy.

I love UD, don't get me wrong. Lots of friends and a few great teachers back in HS went there. But..wow...cockpit...Couldn't even go with the "hen house"...had to go with cockpit

Engineer86
February 16th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Wait...wait...

I love UD, don't get me wrong. Lots of friends and a few great teachers back in HS went there. But..wow...cockpit...Couldn't even go with the "hen house"...had to go with cockpit

You had to go there! Here come the feminists. Just like women couldn't be Engineers, so now the are some dumb bird! xlolxxlolxxlolx

superman7515
February 16th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Wait...wait...

It's a male chicken, hence a cock, so that's why it's the cockpit. They even sell t-shirts that say U can suck our D.

Rob Iola
February 16th, 2013, 10:46 PM
It's a male chicken, hence a cock, so that's why it's the cockpit. They even sell t-shirts that say U can suck our D.

The t-shirts I saw say our D sucks...

superman7515
February 16th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I couldn't see the D's t-shirts, they were playing 20 yards off me in the slot.

Franks Tanks
February 16th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Smart move. When supply is greater than demand it is time to lower the prices. I wish more schools (Penn State) would make a similar change.

ITmonarch10
February 16th, 2013, 11:19 PM

hen noun \ˈhen\

a : a female chicken especially over a year old; broadly : a female bird

I think your in denial. xlolx
Honestly, Hen House for the Blue hens doesn't sound all that bad.

superman7515
February 17th, 2013, 12:22 AM
A Blue Hen is a breed, just like a Rhode Island Red or Bantam, not a reference to the sexuality of the particular bird. Blue Hens were used in cockfighting by Delaware soldiers during the Revolutionary War, and only roosters are used in cockfighting. A boar can be either male (boar) or female (sow), a dog can be either male (dog) or female (bitch), a goose can be either male (gander) or female (goose). It's no different.

PantherRob82
February 17th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Cheapest seat is $99 in both years. Was there really that much of a change, or just for premium seat holders? Too tired to compare that in depth...

superman7515
February 17th, 2013, 09:19 AM
My 4 tickets, between the price decrease and donation decrease, will be reduced $140 dollars for the season with the same number of games. Not a ton, but it pays for parking, so I save a good bit in the long run.

heath
February 17th, 2013, 03:44 PM
My 4 tickets, between the price decrease and donation decrease, will be reduced $140 dollars for the season with the same number of games. Not a ton, but it pays for parking, so I save a good bit in the long run.

Looks like the cocks have 7 home games which is always a plus,nice schedulexthumbsupx