PDA

View Full Version : Top Selling Universities

Cocky
August 28th, 2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.clc.com/clcweb/publishing.nsf/Content/The+Collegiate+Licensing+Company+Names+Top+Selling +Universities+and+Manufacturers

Quick Look: I saw Montana and Villanova

JMU Duke Dog
August 28th, 2006, 10:20 PM
46. Montana
54. Georgetown
58. Villanova
66. Delaware
67. Texas State
71. Southern Illinois
74. James Madison

DaGriz
August 28th, 2006, 10:27 PM
UPS happened to make a delivery today. Doing my part to help our ranking. :)

chattanoogamocs
August 28th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Be interesting to see a list of the non CLC institutions and how they fare.

(to the Georgia Southern fans...don't you guys keep your licensing rights in house?)

slycat
August 28th, 2006, 11:21 PM
nice to see texas state on the list. im hoping we keep the winning going and selling increasing. with the amount of students we have we should be on that list.

MSUBear42
August 28th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Surprised no Missouri State on the list... Almost everyone associated with the school had to buy all new outfits.

I Bleed Purple
August 29th, 2006, 12:46 AM
I'm surprised South Carolina is only #20

KiddBrewer
August 29th, 2006, 06:22 AM
am i missing something, or is THE ohio state university really not on this list?

Cocky
August 29th, 2006, 06:25 AM
am i missing something, or is THE ohio state university really not on this list?

Baldy
August 29th, 2006, 06:53 AM

(to the Georgia Southern fans...don't you guys keep your licensing rights in house?)
Yes we do!

ButlerGSU
August 29th, 2006, 06:59 AM

Yes, I believe so.

bluehenbillk
August 29th, 2006, 07:06 AM

Yea, where is USC too?

SoCon48
August 29th, 2006, 08:28 AM
46. Montana
54. Georgetown
58. Villanova
66. Delaware
67. Texas State
71. Southern Illinois
74. James Madison

This list is pretty bogus in that it only lists those who affiliate with the The Collegiate Licensing Company .
NC State, UCLA, and Navy items, for example, are among the most commonly found in the US and yet aren't listed. Many handle their own licensing/logo copyrighting and avoid paying the 7% fees, etc. to CLC.

SoCon48
August 29th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Yea, where is USC too?
Same place as UCLA, NC State, and Navy. They do most of their stuff with other licensing companies.

Tailbone
August 29th, 2006, 09:10 AM
This list is pretty bogus in that it only lists those who affiliate with the The Collegiate Licensing Company .
NC State, UCLA, and Navy items, for example, are among the most commonly found in the US and yet aren't listed. Many handle their own licensing/logo copyrighting and avoid paying the 7% fees, etc. to CLC.

I don't think "bogus" is a fair characterization, as the first line of the article states.... "The Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) is pleased to announce its top-selling institutions and manufacturers for fiscal year-end 2005-2006.

Cocky
August 29th, 2006, 09:33 AM
How is it bogus? It states very clearly what the list contains.

Retro
August 29th, 2006, 11:01 AM

BS, You don't find any of those schools outside of their region unless they've recently been in a national title for some sport of recent.

The downfall of not being part of CLC is that it's easier for companies to make counterfiet merchandise, because the schools don't have the capacity to police the merchandise being sold... It's also much quicker to get approval on getting new items made as many schools take far too long to approve something, whereas CLC will usually get it approved within 2 weeks..

Small schools like Ga Southern would benefit from CLC, but larger schools like USC make so much money, that the little they lose in fake products doesn't affect them much. The problem becomes when USC wins the national title, every tom, dick and harry is making their products and there is no way they can track it all.. CLC at least investigates any possible counterfieters.

SoCon48
August 29th, 2006, 12:06 PM
How is it bogus? It states very clearly what the list contains.
Misleading and non-inclusive would be better.

Of course anybody should realize that just because Southern Ill and JMU are on the list and Ohio State, USC, et. al. are not that it doesn't mean they were outsold.
Actually hard to see if the list actually means anything.

da_bears
August 29th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Surprised no Missouri State on the list... Almost everyone associated with the school had to buy all new outfits.

Missouri State apperal had over $300,000 in sales in the week after the name change from SMS last august i think.

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2006, 07:26 PM
We keep our liscensing in house as well.

crunifan
August 29th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Iowa isn't on there either.