PDA

View Full Version : Bloomsburg-JMU

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 28th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Any JMU fans aware of how good Bloomsburg is? Bloom is a local D2 program that has been ranked in the Top 10 every year for the last 8 or 9 years. They lost to Valdasto St when they had Dusty Bonner a few years ago in the D2 title game. They're preseason #5 in D2 this year and i think they might give the Dukes a little trouble. Not saying Bloom will win, but they could be a Top 25 1-AA team some years.

PS. i just checked the JMU fan site and saw a lot of 52-6, 63-7 type score predictions. Is JMU suppose to be really that good. I was thinking maybe 40-27, 40-30 type game. JMU beat Lock Haven 56-0, Bloom beat them 63-0 last year.

SoCon48
August 28th, 2006, 02:35 PM
Any JMU fans aware of how good Bloomsburg is? Bloom is a local D2 program that has been ranked in the Top 10 every year for the last 8 or 9 years. They lost to Valdasto St when they had Dusty Bonner a few years ago in the D2 title game. They're preseason #5 in D2 this year and i think they might give the Dukes a little trouble. Not saying Bloom will win, but they could be a Top 25 1-AA team some years.

PS. i just checked the JMU fan site and saw a lot of 52-6, 63-7 type score predictions. Is JMU suppose to be really that good. I was thinking maybe 40-27, 40-30 type game. JMU beat Lock Haven 56-0, Bloom beat them 63-0 last year.

You guys go ahead and take care of Bloomingdale's and we Apps will do our best to come out alive after NC State and we'll see you at the Rock.
I don't see you guys giving up anywhere near 30 pts to Bloomsburg though.

th0m
August 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Well the LHU score isn't really very indicative. By that logic, we (and a lot of other teams) would have beat Florida in 2004 when we beat Maine who beat MSU who beat Florida (iirc). But yeah they're pretty decent from what I've read all around, but I wonder how much of that comes from Jamar Brittingham their star RB (and whether he can do the same to a bit better defense).

OL FU
August 28th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Maybe because the last time JMU played them (which was awhile ago) the score was similar to that.

cosmo here
August 28th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Well the LHU score isn't really very indicative. By that logic, we (and a lot of other teams) would have beat Florida in 2004 when we beat Maine who beat MSU who beat Florida (iirc). But yeah they're pretty decent from what I've read all around, but I wonder how much of that comes from Jamar Brittingham their star RB (and whether he can do the same to a bit better defense).

Brittingham was a I-A player who had to go to DII because of academic issues. He's probably worth 14 points himself, which puts this at something like 42-21.

ucdtim17
August 28th, 2006, 03:39 PM
They were responsible for a nightmare of a loss in Davis in the D2 semifinals in 2000