PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL Drake v UNI Prediction Thread!!!

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Cap'n Cat says Drake is fired up to take on the Cats at their new place and puts up a good fight....for the first two quarters. 14-10 at halftime, UNI. Panthers shake off cobwebs and roll in second half.

Cap'n Cat's "Can't Miss" Prediction:

UNI 48
Drake 13

DetroitFlyer
August 28th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Even the Drake fans are not holding out much hope. I think, however, that at home, in front of the one of the biggest home crowds in many years, under the lights at newly renovated Johnny Bright field, that the Bulldogs do the PFL proud! If Drake had a proven QB, I think they might have a chance. The new guy will probably have to rely on Scotty P to roll up hundreds of yards. Not too hard to stop if the offense becomes one dimensional. I hear UNI has a decent QB, so the Drake secondary and defensive lines are going to have to step up to keep this one close....I predict a close game with Drake having a chance to win at the end, but coming up just a bit short, UNI 35, Drake - 28.

DUPFLFan
August 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM
Cap'n,

I think that Drake's lineman (O & D) can stand up to UNI. Where the differences lie are in the skill positions. RB-WR and DB-LB...

Smart can counteract speed but not for long. The Linebackers for Drake are going to have to play the collective game of their lives...

UNI 35-12 (missing two extra points)

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Cap'n,

I think that Drake's lineman (O & D) can stand up to UNI. Where the differences lie are in the skill positions. RB-WR and DB-LB...

Smart can counteract speed but not for long. The Linebackers for Drake are going to have to play the collective game of their lives...

UNI 35-12 (missing two extra points)

Right about the score. re: the linemen thing - no way on God's green Earth.

bison95
August 28th, 2006, 02:04 PM

Oh Cappy, name one good lineman to ever play for UNI??:cool: :rolleyes:

this might get me on the list

dbackjon
August 28th, 2006, 02:07 PM
UNI 42 - Drake 13

GoGuins
August 28th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Didn't Drake lose to Mount Union last year?

UNI 31

Drake 30

Reed Rothchild
August 28th, 2006, 02:24 PM
No way in he!! Drake and UNI are the same on the lines. Last year Drake had a veteran DLine and UNI walked all over them from the start. This year, UNI has all the lineman back and Drake lost all their starters. This one will be more ugly than last year.

U coming to the game Capn?

birdsflyhigh
August 28th, 2006, 02:27 PM
I remember when Illnois State dismantled Drake last year. That game was very ugly for the Bulldogs. Also rember UNI similarly crushing up DU last year. DU has a good program for what they are....a non-scholarship football school. It's going to be tough for them to compete with upper tier Gateway teams.

UNI 42 DU 13

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2006, 02:50 PM
U coming to the game Capn?

Don't know yet, Reed. Check your PM.

:D

DUPFLFan
August 28th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Didn't Drake lose to Mount Union last year?

UNI 31

Drake 30

Drake hasn't played Mount Union.

DUPFLFan
August 28th, 2006, 02:53 PM

I suppose we'll see on Thursday. I am hoping the score is closer than last year...

August 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I predict a I-AA squad will win! :)

DetroitFlyer
August 28th, 2006, 03:06 PM
A I-AA team will win the UNI / Drake game!!

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Don't nobody get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for Drake and Drake football. I think they will be stoked for this one.

:nod:

DUPFLFan
August 28th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Don't nobody get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for Drake and Drake football. I think they will be stoked for this one.

:nod:

Cap'n - my worry in this game is the new QB and the defense. Last year the defense either got sucked in or overran plays trying to compensate for UNI's speed and got caught everytime on the cutback. I couldn't tell you how many times the RB faked into the line and everyone went with him - then used his speed to get outside...

With the new QB - UNI is probably going to play 9 in the box daring him to pass. If he does - great - if not - very long day....Stoked or not :twocents:

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Cap'n - my worry in this game is the new QB and the defense. Last year the defense either got sucked in or overran plays trying to compensate for UNI's speed and got caught everytime on the cutback. I couldn't tell you how many times the RB faked into the line and everyone went with him - then used his speed to get outside...

With the new QB - UNI is probably going to play 9 in the box daring him to pass. If he does - great - if not - very long day....Stoked or not :twocents:

Last time Cap'n Cat played a college football game in Des Moines, He was on the losing team!

:( :( :( :( :(

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

ISUMatt
August 28th, 2006, 04:05 PM
UNI 41
Drake 14

Go...gate
August 28th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Northern Iowa 33

Drake 17

Mountain Panther
August 28th, 2006, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=I hear UNI has a decent QB.[/QUOTE]

More than DECENT - he led all of Division I in passing efficiency for a time last year.

SO ILLmatic
August 28th, 2006, 08:31 PM
UNI -42
Drake - 7

laparka316
August 28th, 2006, 08:47 PM
remember... Drake had a lead last year :)

My hopeful predicition is in my sig banner... Look at the scoreboard...

My actual predicition....

UNI 41 Drake 27

Chi Panther
August 28th, 2006, 10:51 PM
attended the game last year....this year unfortunately I cannot.

UNI wins 51 to 17.....Lewis and Lewis will be running downhill in this game.....

August 28th, 2006, 11:10 PM
I want to see a spark from both teams. Different sparks but I want to see them both.

Mr. C
August 29th, 2006, 12:19 AM
Northern Iowa had one of the best defensive lines I saw all last year. In some ways, they were even more effective against Appalachian State than LSU's defensive front was. The Panthers also have a veteran group on the offensive line. Drake needs Phadavong to go for about 200 yards to stay in this one.

ysubigred
August 29th, 2006, 07:32 AM
DRAKE 77 - UNI 4

:rotateh: :nod:

ISUMatt
August 29th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Just for fun of course, officially its

UNI-20
@ Drake

DUPFLFan
August 29th, 2006, 09:23 AM
DRAKE 77 - UNI 4

:rotateh: :nod:

You want to share some of the stuff that you're on?xlolx

ysubigred
August 29th, 2006, 10:11 AM
You want to share some of the stuff that you're on?xlolx

LOL! I was giving the Cap'n a shot of his own medicne :) Good luck to Drake.

Cap'n Cat
August 29th, 2006, 10:46 AM
LOL! I was giving the Cap'n a shot of his own medicne :) Good luck to Drake.

: smh :

:p

Hansel
August 29th, 2006, 10:50 AM
UNI 55, Drake 7
Capn drinks 35 beers and is arrested for lewd conduct in Clive :)

Reed Rothchild
August 29th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Capn drinks 35 beers and is arrested for lewd conduct in Clive :)

That would be pretty tough to do as I don't even know if they would let the Captain in Clive! :bow: :nod: xlolx

Cap'n Cat
August 29th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Unfortunately for fans of the two institutions concerned, Cap'n Cat will be accompanying Mama Cat, Little Cat and Even Littler Cat to "Meet The Teacher Day" at their new school.

After three years of not seeing them, I can give up at least one game.

:nod: :nod:

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Anyone who thinks Drake will be within 2 or 3 TDs is crazy. This will be a beating. Wish Drake would move up to scholarship football.

PantherRob82
August 29th, 2006, 06:45 PM
It's also a strech to think your dline will get any push on our oline.

DUPFLFan
August 30th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Guess that's why they play the game Panther Rob

GoGuins
August 30th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I didn't know Drake had such a big stadium, looks nice

DUPFLFan
August 30th, 2006, 09:40 AM

We were there for the scrimmage last week. The $15 m renovation looks great.

ysubigred
August 30th, 2006, 09:47 AM

Your right GO! Non Schollie football looks better than half the 1AA schollie stadiums I've been to :thumbsup: When WKU bolts to 1BS or what ever the he11 it's called now maybe Drake can get calibrated and join the GFC :)

DUPFLFan
August 30th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Guys - with current administration, Drake will be non-scholly and a pioneer league member.

Not that this means we can't compete...

Reed Rothchild
August 30th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately for fans of the two institutions concerned, Cap'n Cat will be accompanying Mama Cat, Little Cat and Even Littler Cat to "Meet The Teacher Day" at their new school.

After three years of not seeing them, I can give up at least one game.

:nod: :nod:

:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

You're the man Cappy!!! Raise those kids right!!!:hurray: :nod: :nod:

nmatsen
August 30th, 2006, 10:51 AM
well, ya it kind of does.

crunifan
August 30th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I have to agree with Penguin fans for once, how shocking, that it would be sweet if Drake could get scholarship football and play in the Gateway. Any step in making the Gateway more like the MVC is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

DUPFLFan
August 30th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Crunifan...

As much as I agree with you, with the current administration, scholarship ball is very unlikely to happen.

PantherRob82
August 31st, 2006, 07:31 AM
Guess that's why they play the game Panther Rob

I agree, and like I said, I don't mean Drake any disrespect. Just being realistic.

Cap'n Cat
August 31st, 2006, 09:12 AM
My Iowa State grad coworker says ISU is playing Toledo (or someone) tonight in Ames at the same time. Will this effect UNI/Drake attendance?

P2TheB
August 31st, 2006, 09:44 AM
Drake, UNI disappointed with sharing stage
http://www.crgazette.com/2006/08/30/Home/sportssection/unidrakepreview.htm

The Drake Bulldogs expected to have the college football stage all to themselves Thursday with their game against Northern Iowa, but then the Iowa State Cyclones crashed the party by switching their game against Toledo.

Now there are two games in central Iowa Thursday night -- about 30 miles apart, both on television, competing for fans and viewers.

"It's disappointing to us in a lot of respects," Drake Coach Rob Ash said. "We thought this game would be the highlight game of the night in the state of Iowa. So it was disappointing when Iowa State moved their game.".......

Reed Rothchild
August 31st, 2006, 10:01 AM
Will this effect UNI/Drake attendance?

Unfortunately, Yes. :(

crunifan
August 31st, 2006, 11:03 AM
Wow, the Cedar Rapids Gazette actually took the time from ass kissing their beloved Hawkeyes to write about UNI and Drake. AND, they didn't even mention Iowa once. Either it is a slow news day in CR or they are actually catching on.

Cap'n Cat
August 31st, 2006, 11:07 AM
Wow, the Cedar Rapids Gazette actually took the time from ass kissing their beloved Hawkeyes to write about UNI and Drake. AND, they didn't even mention Iowa once. Either it is a slow news day in CR or they are actually catching on.

Am shocked as well. For the time being, I'm going to assume it's the former, bolded.

PMB4Life
August 31st, 2006, 11:43 AM
I actually doubt this will affect attendance at the actual game all that much, since Iowa State fails to realize something very important:

EVERYONE HAS ALREADY PURCHASED TICKETS FOR THE UNI/DRAKE GAME.

Good job, 'Clones!:thumbsup:

As far as television ratings, THAT will likely be affected, but I'll bet there will be a significant amount of Iowa fans switching back and forth between the two games. As for UNI fans... well, we know where our priorities lie.

Cap'n Cat
August 31st, 2006, 11:45 AM
I actually doubt this will affect attendance at the actual game all that much, since Iowa State fails to realize something very important:

EVERYONE HAS ALREADY PURCHASED TICKETS FOR THE UNI/DRAKE GAME.

Good job, 'Clones!:thumbsup:

As far as television ratings, THAT will likely be affected, but I'll bet there will be a significant amount of Iowa fans switching back and forth between the two games. As for UNI fans... well, we know where our priorities lie.

So, it's a sellout?

:confused: