PDA

View Full Version : TSN 2006 Predictions

smallcollegefbfan
August 28th, 2006, 01:09 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4037868.htm

MissouriStateBear
August 28th, 2006, 02:36 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4037868.htm

he has two of the gateway teams correct for the playoffs...needs one more...i think we will get at least three

birdsflyhigh
August 28th, 2006, 02:47 PM
The Gateway should be sending ISU, UNI and YSU into the playoffs. It will be a power struggle in the conference, but those three teams are more than up to the challenge. :)

MissouriStateBear
August 28th, 2006, 03:04 PM
The Gateway should be sending ISU, UNI and YSU into the playoffs. It will be a power struggle in the conference, but those three teams are more than up to the challenge. :)

all i got to say is no one better look past the Bears of Missouri State...granted we shouldnt win the conference and im not saying we will but if someone comes into the game thinking it will be a cake walk like last year we could very well play spoiler a few times...mainly when we have YSU and SIU at home this year...lord i want the season to be here...

Cap'n Cat
August 28th, 2006, 03:11 PM
all i got to say is no one better look past the Bears of Missouri State...granted we shouldnt win the conference and im not saying we will but if someone comes into the game thinking it will be a cake walk like last year we could very well play spoiler a few times...mainly when we have YSU and SIU at home this year...lord i want the season to be here...

Missouri State - MINIMUM of 6-5 this season. Will knock at least two GFC contenders on their hind ends, and maybe out of the playoffs (YSU, SIU?).

Watch out next year and subsequents.

:eek:

GoGuins
August 28th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Missouri State - MINIMUM of 6-5 this season. Will knock at least two GFC contenders on their hind ends, and maybe out of the playoffs (YSU, SIU?).

No way, we own them just like UNI owns YSU:D

douglasdmb
August 28th, 2006, 03:55 PM
No way, we own them just like UNI owns YSU:D

YSU lost the last time they came to Springfield. Granted, YSU has done almost a 180 since 2004, but we won't be nearly the same team that you guys pounded in Youngstown last year.

ASU Kep
August 28th, 2006, 04:09 PM
Personally, I can't argue with the article. :D

I see the final four a bit differently, though. My final four: ASU, UNH, UNI, and Furman. ASU's pass defense stifles UNH, Furman takes UNI out, ironically with a late FG as time expires. ASU defeats Furman in 3OT to win it all. :nod:

Obviously, it's waaaaaaay too early for any of this, but on paper it looks good right now. :)

OL FU
August 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Personally, I can't argue with the article. :D

I see the final four a bit differently, though. My final four: ASU, UNH, UNI, and Furman. ASU's pass defense stifles UNH, Furman takes UNI out, ironically with a late FG as time expires. ASU defeats Furman in 3OT to win it all. :nod:
Obviously, it's waaaaaaay too early for any of this, but on paper it looks good right now. :)

I'd rather lose in the quarters:p

RabidRabbit
August 28th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Matt's done an admirable job. It will be fun to watch how his educated guesses go.

I'm a little surprised that 2 schools from the Patriot and MEAC make the play-off selections. I'd guess that a second Southland team makes the play-offs.

Be very happy that only SUU and Cal Poly are eligible for the play-offs. I project that both provisional UC-Davis and NDSU end up 8-3 or better, and may not have any losses to OOC I-AA teams. :thumbsup: SDSU wins against one or two of the play-off teams. :hurray:

Looking forward to a fun season of I-AA/Championship football!! :hurray: :hurray:

FlyYtown
August 28th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Well I find these rating funny.. I don't know who the hell thinks we will be 7-4 or worse this year!

We are going to be very very very good this year folks!!! If TSN doesn't think so; so be it!

These ratings are a carbon copy of last year, YSU Snubbed Again!

MissouriStateBear
August 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM

i dont know if a minimum of 6-5 is in order but i would take anything over 5-6...that would most likely make us 4-3 in conference...well improved over the last several years...TA is going to do wonderful things here...i just that WKU holds off long enough so that we would make the jump with them and possibly some other also...

ASU Kep
August 28th, 2006, 04:47 PM
I'd rather lose in the quarters:p

xlolx . I don't doubt it. Theres only so much heartbreak one can endure at the hands of one school, right?

But hey, what's the playoffs without another down-to-the-wire ASU/Furman showdown? :nod: