PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Opener

MYTAPPY
August 28th, 2006, 10:11 AM
How is everyone spending the season opening weekend (or Thursday)?

I am leaving for Raleigh late afternoon Friday with my brother (who also went to App). I have a buddy of mine who lives in Raleigh and we are going to crash at his place. Our tailgate will start about noon in preparation for 6pm start. I have an older brother who attended State and he'll be meeting up with us at tailgate. There wiil be much trash talking going on. Hopefully we can celebrate an App win later on that night.

GO APP!! :hurray:

August 28th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I'll be at Drake on Thursday for their UNI game and hopefully at Soldier Field in Chicago on Saturday for the MVSU vs. UAPB game.

MarkCCU
August 28th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Tailgating for Elon at Coastal Saturday night

Appstate03
August 28th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I will be heading to Raleigh from Charlotte sometime after 12. I don't know about the tailgating at a State game. I would like to, but I don't want to get shot.

Killtoppers90
August 28th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Heading to Athens, GA with my little girl and parents for the WKU - GA game. Hoping for a decent showing from my Toppers and praying for no injuries. Just going out there and doing 1-AA proud. But I am secretly hoping for a W.

ucdtim17
August 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Going up to Davis, getting drunk friday afternoon, hopefully passing out early, getting up early for ESPN gameday. Stanford-Oregon at 12:30 on ABC, UCD-UNC on the laptop. Cal-Tenn 2:30 on ESPN. ND-GT at 5 on ABC. It will be epic

carney2
August 28th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Heading for the Burgh for the Virginia @ Pitt game and one of those world famous Primanti's sandwiches. My I-AA fix is totally dependent on my wife's meager abilities with the VCR.

GeauxColonels
August 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Driving down to Thibodaux from Baton Rouge right after work on Thursday afternoon to see the Colonels play! :hurray:

SoCon48
August 28th, 2006, 01:34 PM
I will be heading to Raleigh from Charlotte sometime after 12. I don't know about the tailgating at a State game. I would like to, but I don't want to get shot.

Cow College Taligating Check list.

1. Grill....check
2. Steaks...check
3. Table cloth...check
4. Chairs....check
5. Flag....check
6. Cooler/ice...check
7. Bullet-proof vest.......??

spdram
August 28th, 2006, 02:04 PM
App fans good luck in Raleigh! When Richmond played there a few years ago we were warned by NCState fans not to try to tailgate right across from the stadium. Word was it was not for the feint of heart, good advice! That was the night of the shooting. We were about one mile from the stadium at a local private HS (Cardinal Gibbons, I believe), they ran a shuttle bus included in the parking fee (about $10), we simply put the message on our boards to meet there and it was almost like a home game. Good luck and have fun!

DetroitFlyer
August 28th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Up early on Saturday morning for the 3.5 hour drive down to Dayton from Detroit. Pick up my daughter and some of her friends. Head over to Welcome Stadium to enjoy the Flyers Club tailgate, ( $5.00 for all the beer, softdrinks, hotdogs and brats you can eat and drink ). Head into the stadium about 12:45 or so to watch my UD Flyers win the home opener against Robert Morris! Head out after the game for a victory celebration to Cassanos Pizza. Leave Dayton around 7:00 PM, arrive back in Detroit around 10:30 PM Saturday night, tired but happy with a great day and a UD win!!:hurray:

MYTAPPY
August 28th, 2006, 03:03 PM
App fans good luck in Raleigh! When Richmond played there a few years ago we were warned by NCState fans not to try to tailgate right across from the stadium. Word was it was not for the feint of heart, good advice! That was the night of the shooting. We were about one mile from the stadium at a local private HS (Cardinal Gibbons, I believe), they ran a shuttle bus included in the parking fee (about $10), we simply put the message on our boards to meet there and it was almost like a home game. Good luck and have fun!

I have some Wolfpack buddies who have a tailgate spot in the RBC lot. That parking lot should be o.k. I hope :(

WCU LawCat
August 28th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Bullet-proof vest.......??
I have an extra one you can have... I don't wear it anymore because it got recalled xlolx

I'll be leaving the Charlotte area around 12 noon on thursday on my way to beautiful Cullowhee to watch WCU take on Chowan in our traditional thursday night home opening game.

ASU Kep
August 28th, 2006, 04:50 PM
How is everyone spending the season opening weekend (or Thursday)?

I am leaving for Raleigh late afternoon Friday with my brother (who also went to App). I have a buddy of mine who lives in Raleigh and we are going to crash at his place. Our tailgate will start about noon in preparation for 6pm start. I have an older brother who attended State and he'll be meeting up with us at tailgate. There wiil be much trash talking going on. Hopefully we can celebrate an App win later on that night.

GO APP!! :hurray:

I'm heading down to Raleigh Friday night, too (this week is draaaagggggiiiinnngggg already). My buddy lives in Durham and the three of us will be staying there. Where will you guys be tailgating? I think there's an official ASU site, but I havn't looked into it yet.

Win or lose (especially if we win), we'll be living it up Saturday night on Franklin street.

ASU Kep
August 28th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I have some Wolfpack buddies who have a tailgate spot in the RBC lot. That parking lot should be o.k. I hope :(

Oh, nevermind my previous post then. No way in hell am I tailgating around State fans. : smh : xidiotx

UAalum72
August 28th, 2006, 07:53 PM
Since I'm spending the week at the Jersey shore (fortunately at a hotel with wireless access) and Saturday checkout is 10 am, there's plenty of time to get to Bethlehem PA to see the Great Danes surprise Lehigh. Not saying we'll win, just might surprise 'em.

Tod
August 28th, 2006, 08:13 PM
I'll be spending it in front of this computer! :nod: :nod: :nod:

However, Portland State is playing UNM at 8:05 pm, and I'll be at that, too.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

windwalker
August 28th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Thursday night... reffing a HS football game at Loris...
Friday night... reffing a HS football game at Dillon...
Saturday... tailgating for the Elon-Coastal game...
Sunday... resting up for next week!!!!

dungeonjoe
August 28th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Thursday night... reffing a HS football game at Loris...
Friday night... reffing a HS football game at Dillon...
Saturday... tailgating for the Elon-Coastal game...
Sunday... resting up for next week!!!!

folks were talking about bulletproof vests for the APP/NCST tailgate time-- you better take one to Dillon and Loris. Stay away from LAke View... my old HS alma mater is Hemingway-- ever ref there?

Hansel
August 28th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Watching the NDSU game on the web thurs, may also watch Rhody/Uconn which is on Altitude on thurs :)

August 28th, 2006, 09:18 PM
okay, I will be at the Chicago Classic to see UAPB wonder RB Mickey Dean and MVSU SWAC Preseason All-Conference Offensive Player of the Year QB Aries Nelson and Defensive Player of the Year LB Tyler Knight!

TheValleyRaider
August 28th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Early Saturday morning we load up the bus and head on out to Amherst. Arrive around 11:30-12, at the latest I would guess. Some tailgating with the healthy Colgate contingent in the area, followed by FOOTBALL!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Advisor of a youth group that is doing a powder puff football game...

Never fear. This weekend, I'll catch all the I-AA action I can! The GF is out of town and there'll be some good football on this weekend!

AppStWill
August 28th, 2006, 10:48 PM
App Fans,
I live in the Raleigh area, and will obviously be at the game Saturday. Just a heads up though....apparently the NC State officials are trying to get a little more control of the tailgating at Carter-Finley, and they have issued a policy that doesn't allow tailgating until 4 hours prior to game time. Now with that said, there are probably dozens of access points into the parking areas, so I'm not sure how they're going to police this. I have State friends here that I'm going to be tailgating with, and they plan on getting there around noon, so we'll see how that goes.

I'm sure this policy is partly due to the shooting a couple years ago. On a positive note however, NC State is one of, if not the only school that allows fans to exit and re-enter the stadium at halftime......just in case you need a "refreshment". I think they're getting rid of that privledge as well in the next year or so.

saint0917
August 29th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Working some overtime Saturday morning till noon, then I'm heading over to the Umass game.

Uncle Buck
August 29th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Making the short strip to Stony Brook to see the Dutch, a little tailgate before the game. Then back home to watch any other football games that come across the airwaves. Oh, you could probably throw in a battle or two with the wife, kickoff to football season makes me shirk all other responsibilities.

Tribe4SF
August 29th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Leaving for College Park, MD about 11:00 Saturday. Set up for tailgate at Byrd Stadium by 3:00. Spending the night in College Park. Hope I'll have positive report on here.

McNeese72
August 29th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Thursday night: I'll be packing and checking the game scores on my computer. Maybe try to tune in the audio for a game or two on my computer.

Friday: I need to be at the Lake Charles Regional Airport at 7 AM for the McNeese Team Charter Flight scheduled at 9AM. Should be in Tampa by noon their time. Play it by ear from there.

Doc

MYTAPPY
August 29th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I'm heading down to Raleigh Friday night, too (this week is draaaagggggiiiinnngggg already). My buddy lives in Durham and the three of us will be staying there. Where will you guys be tailgating? I think there's an official ASU site, but I havn't looked into it yet.

If you go to goasu.com, click on Gameday Central and they have a "Bring the Rock to Raleigh" link that has all the ASU tailgate info for this weekend.

NoCoDanny
August 29th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Going to the game

McNeese75
August 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Supposed to be flying into Tampa on Thursday but due to Ernesto I am currently trying to change that to Friday. (No since in riding that bucking plane in on Thrusday to watch it rain all day). I will be at the Cowboy game on Saturday someway, somehow :nod:

SunCoastBlueHen
August 29th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Thursday night: I'll be packing and checking the game scores on my computer. Maybe try to tune in the audio for a game or two on my computer.

Friday: I need to be at the Lake Charles Regional Airport at 7 AM for the McNeese Team Charter Flight scheduled at 9AM. Should be in Tampa by noon their time. Play it by ear from there.

Doc

Where ya staying, Doc? McNeese75? Let me know if you want any suggestions on restaurants, things to do, etc.

I had originally planned on attending the game, but as luck would have it, friends of ours won a long weekend stay at one of the Disney resorts and asked us to join them. I was no longer able to sell a football game to my wife with that offer on the table. :mad: :o :bawling:

Best of luck to the Cowboys - I think you can give USF a helluva game!