PDA

View Full Version : SLC: Week One

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Thu 8/31/2006 So Arkansas at Nicholls State 7:00 PM
Southern Arkansas is coming off a win over Arkansas-Monticello in Div II action. We'll see the Yale Vannoy-less Colonels in action for the first time this week and I think the Colonels won't have much of a problem getting past the MuleRiders. Nicholls by 25.

Thu 8/31/2006 Stephen F. Austin at Tulsa 7:00 PM
Our first I-AA game vs I-A here in the SLC, for which we have 15 such games on the schedule. SFA was the cellar-dweller last year in the SLC and Tulsa is coming off a great season. Would be nice if SFA held within ten or 15 with the Hurricane, but more than likely will not be able to do so unless Danny Southall puts on some sort of show in Tulsa. Tulsa by 32.

Thu 8/31/2006 Henderson St at Central Arkansas 8:00 PM
Capital City Classic! The Bears take to the field in Little Rock, AR against a Div II foe from their past. UCA should not have many problems here. They have most of their offense returning last year and throw in some transfers and more scholarships, the Bears should be able to start the season on a solid note. Bears by 17.

Thu 8/31/2006 SE Louisiana at New Mexico St 9:00 PM
Hal Mumme of New Mexico St versus his former team. New Mexico St scheduled two I-AA foes (TxSo and SELA) in an effort to turn around their team from all those losses last year. Expect lots of passing and a great deal of scoring from these similar offenses. I think this will be a close game and a good chance for a I-AA win over an I-A, more so than most games we'll see. SELA by three.

Sat 9/2/2006 McNeese State at So Florida 7:00 PM
A bit worried about this game due to that Ernesto floating around. McNeese is no stranger to hurricanes and having games postponed or cancelled unfortunately. Let's hope they get this game in! The SLC favorites are going to have the Bulls cornered in this one and should hang tough in their first of two I-A games this year. I think McNeese could win, especially if the hurricane throws off South Florida's prep this week. Still going with USF by a touchdown, USF by seven.

Sat 9/2/2006 Northwestern St at Kansas 7:00 PM
Kansas is not the Kansas that a few years ago, everyone remembered them to be. This is a team that can get some Big XII wins and make a run for the bowl. Northwestern St is not the team that they have been in the past. They are still solid under Coach Stoker and this will be the first of three I-A games. If NW ST can make it through these I-A games without injuries and such, can they compete in the SLC? I think they'll be in the mix. Kansas will take this one by 15.

Sat 9/2/2006 Tarleton St at Texas State 7:00 PM
Lots of folks on the Tarleton St staff who have SLC connections whether through playing or coaching. Texas State is going to get a chance to throw around the ball with Chase Wasson and test their deep running game. I'm interested to see how the defense holds up against a pretty good Div II offense. Look for Bailiff's boys to break out of the gate in the second half of what should be a close game early. Bobcats by 27.

813Jag
August 28th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Sat 9/2/2006 McNeese State at So Florida 7:00 PM
A bit worried about this game due to that Ernesto floating around. McNeese is no stranger to hurricanes and having games postponed or cancelled unfortunately. Let's hope they get this game in! The SLC favorites are going to have the Bulls cornered in this one and should hang tough in their first of two I-A games this year. I think McNeese could win, especially if the hurricane throws off South Florida's prep this week. Still going with USF by a touchdown, USF by seven.

This a winnable game for the Cowboys. USF has quarterback issues and could possibly be starting a red-shirt freshman. 3 of their potential starters failed drug tests and will be out for this game. Their defense looks to be their best unit. The linebackers are good. Also the crowd won't be much of a factor, they never sell out Raymond James.

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2006, 09:15 AM
SLC Weekly Notes:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/soul/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/82806fbweekly.pdf

It's great to be back in the saddle for I-AA football, even if there isn't a SHSU game til week two...

blackfordpu
August 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM
SLC Weekly Notes:

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/soul/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/82806fbweekly.pdf

It's great to be back in the saddle for I-AA football, even if there isn't a SHSU game til week two...

Any of these games on TV so I can atleast get my SLC fix?

It does suck that Sam doesn't play until week two but it is good because I wouldn't have been able to make a week one game anyway. :nod:

buckp
August 28th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Any of these games on TV so I can atleast get my SLC fix?

McNeese vs South Florida will be on SuddenLink (Cox) CST Channel 57 this Saturday! :hurray:

Well....at least for the Lake Charles area. :p ;)