PDA

View Full Version : Southern Conference Week One

OL FU
August 28th, 2006, 06:58 AM
ASU 10 @ NC State 28

I wish I could pick if differently and my heart certainly wants the Mountaineers to take this one, but I just don’t see it happening:bawling:

Georgia Southern – idle

Western Carolina 38 Chowan 0

Looking at someone’s rating of North Carolina Collegiate football, Western was rated somewhere between 6 and 9th best in the state. Chowan was rated 50 and there are only 30 teams in North Carolina.:rolleyes: xlolx

Chattanooga35 at Tenn Tech 14

Tenn Tech shows everyone why Chattanooga wants in the OVC.xlolx xlolx xlolx

Wofford 17 SC State21

This one brings a lot of heartache either way. Wofford, (Furman’s little NAIA brother):o :D (Hey WC it's football season, what do you expect):o and SC State, the school I pull for first out of the SoCon. SC State has not had much luck with Wofford this millennium and while I actually believe that Wofford will be much better than last year, I have a feeling that this is the year of the Dog, and not the Terrier variety.

Citadel 3 Texas AM 35

As Steve Miller once said, WHOA take the money and run

Elon 10 CCU 21

I have over the last year developed a fondness for the CCU fans on this and other boards. But my SoCon blood badly wants them to lose this one. CCU won it last year at Elon and I don’t see many reasons to see the results changing ( except for the margin to get a little bigger).:(

Furman 27 Jacksonville State 17

After the first game blowout, I picked last year's game to be very close ( it was a heck of a lot closer than I ever would have imagined:nod: but still goodxsmileyclapx ) . This one will be close also, but, if the Paladins can hold on to the ball, if the special teams can stop kick off returns and the defense plays twice as good as last year, Paladin stadium should be the difference. :eyebrow: ( Gawd, that’s a lot of ifs) :eek:

PS, I hope that I have the games right, up until last week I thought SC STate was playing WSSC first. If I have them wrong just correct them on your thread. The typically OL FU's a dumbass comments are not necesary:p

PaladinFan
August 28th, 2006, 08:49 AM
OL FU, that's too many emoticons. I'm cutting you off.

I agree with your assessment. Key to beating JSU is to not give them the same glorious field position we did last year. They seemed to start every drive at mid-field. Big opening game for both teams, though I think Furman has a lot more to lose and will be ready.

I think the Wofford/SC State game will be a big barometer for how good the Terriers are this year. Wofford is not going to really be in a position to win the league this go around, but they are definitely good enough to keep someone else from winning it.

AppGuy04
August 28th, 2006, 09:13 AM
ASU 21 @ NC State 28
Little closer, but don't think we'll pull it out

Western Carolina 31 Chowan 3
I'll give Chowan a score, then Western will call off the dogs

Chattanooga 38 at Tenn Tech 13
Easy win for Chat. Buckley goes for 150.

Wofford 21 SC State 31
Wofford has yet to show much since being "Woffed" and SCSU is a solid playoff team. Close but SCSU pulls away in the 2nd half

Citadel 0 Texas AM 38

As Steve Miller once said, WHOA take the money and run
- like OL's quote herexlolx xlolx xlolx

Elon 17 CCU 28
CCU's only SoCon win of the year

Furman 34 Jacksonville State 14
This won't be as close as many people think

atlGAmocs
August 28th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Chattanooga35 at Tenn Tech 14[/B]

Tenn Tech shows everyone why Chattanooga wants in the OVC:p

Thanks OL, but I don't think the Mocs know how to win by 21 just yet. I think a 10 point spread sounds reasonable. 31 - 21. :hurray:

APSU 17 @ NC St 38 - Sorry Mountaineers, i just think that speed of the ACC team will be too much.

Citadel 10 @ TX A&M 42 - Speed and the crowd in College Station will overwhelm the Bulldogs.

Elon 24 @ CCU 21 - i might be biased in the fact that Elon always plays UTC to the last second. Plus i don't wan to pick a Big South team over the SoCon

Furman 27 vs. Jax ST 21. the Purple People will prevail at home.

WCU 41 vs. Chowan 9 - This game won't help the Catamounts bid for a playoff berth.

Wofford 13 vs. SCSU 24 - this dogfight xlolx will go to the Bulldogs.

OL FU
August 28th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks OL, but I don't think the Mocs know how to win by 21 just yet. I think a 10 point spread sounds reasonable. 31 - 21. :hurray:

APSU 17 @ NC St 38 - Sorry Mountaineers, i just think that speed of the ACC team will be too much.

Citadel 10 @ TX A&M 42 - Speed and the crowd in College Station will overwhelm the Bulldogs.

Elon 24 @ CCU 21 - i might be biased in the fact that Elon always plays UTC to the last second. Plus i don't wan to pick a Big South team over the SoCon

Furman 27 vs. Jax ST 21. the Purple People will prevail at home.

WCU 41 vs. Chowan 9 - This game won't help the Catamounts bid for a playoff berth.

Wofford 13 vs. SCSU 24 - this dogfight xlolx will go to the Bulldogs.

I left my I-AA preview at home. Where did Tenn Tech get picked in the OVC:eyebrow:

youwouldno
August 28th, 2006, 02:09 PM
ASU 14 @ NC State 31
I'll be rooting for the upset, of course.

Western Carolina 37 vs Chowan 3
Nothing to see here.

Chattanooga 34 @ Tenn Tech 24
It is the first game of the season, so could be an upset. UTC should win fairly easily though.

Wofford 21 vs SC State 20
This will be closer than expected.

Citadel 3 @ Texas AM 45
I don't think games like this are even good practice. So long as the check doesn't bounce, I guess.

Elon 21 @ CCU 24
I don't expect a blowout but CCU is the better team.

Furman 28 Jacksonville State 14
Last year's game was @ Jax and fluky to boot. Paladins by 2 TDs.

AppGuy04
August 28th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Wofford 21 vs SC State 20
This will be closer than expected.

I think SCSU will be favored in this one, so that would be an upset

ButlerGSU
August 28th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Georgia Southern will remain undefeated under BVG for week one!

ASU Kep
August 28th, 2006, 04:38 PM
ASU - 24
NC State - 21

(I think speed is not as big of an issue as a lot of people on here think. To me, the game will come down to us being able to stop the run (Brown and Baker are BEASTS) and thus forcing Stone to beat our secondary through the air on third downs (which I really don't think he can do). The other unknown is of course Elder. I have little doubt that he'll be a great QB for us, but he's going to have to come out of the gates fast to guide us to victory in this one. I hard for me to remove my "homerism" from the equation, but I think we can pull this one out. Mark my words: if we can stop the run effectively up the middle (particularly in the second half), we WILL pull out the upset in Raleigh.

With the early exits of Mario and Lawson, I like our chances for our O-Line and Richardson to be able to get at least a decent running game going, which will take considerable pressure off of Elder. I think their secondary is mildly over-rated, helped out a lot last year by their great pass rush. If Trey plays well, we can pass on them.)

I've got my tickets and will hopefully be there to see one of ASU's biggest I-A wins of all time.

WCU - As much as they want.
Chowan - As much as WCU lets them score.

Chatty - 35 (sooner or later, Chatty is going to have a good season. They've got a lot of talent, and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until the prove me wrong...which they very well could in this one.)
TTU - 14

Woffy - 24
SC State - 21 (This one could go either way. It should be a great game).

Elon - 10
CCU - 28 (If CCU doesn't put Elon away early, it is going to be a LONG season for them).

El Cid - see Chowan
Texas AM - see WCU.

Vermin - 31
JS - 9 (Furman will not let this one almost get away from them again. Not saying Jax St isn't a good team, but I think Furmie is going to want to send a message here).

McNeese75
August 28th, 2006, 04:59 PM
Georgia Southern will remain undefeated under BVG for week one!

If you get anyone interested in putting up a little money against the Eagles in week #1 and you need some help covering it, be sure and let me know :D

ASU Kep
August 28th, 2006, 05:11 PM
If you get anyone interested in putting up a little money against the Eagles in week #1 and you need some help covering it, be sure and let me know :D

Nah, only Bobby Lamb's Paladins are capable of truly "beating themselves" on that magnitude. :p

Mr. C
August 28th, 2006, 10:28 PM
PS, I hope that I have the games right, up until last week I thought SC STate was playing WSSC first. If I have them wrong just correct them on your thread. The typically OL FU's a dumbass comments are not necesary:p
How about calling OL FU a TROLL? Is that allowed?
:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

chattanoogamocs
August 28th, 2006, 10:39 PM
It is nice to see more people picking the Mocs for OOC games than previous years...if it makes any of y'all feel better, picking them still makes me nervous too...until they begin to win consistently every year, EVERY road game make me nervous.

It ought to be fun though, we are expecting a couple hundred to make the short drive up to Cookeville. Granted, a couple hundred might not seem like much to some fans on here...but trust me, it is a pretty damn good showing for long suffering Moc fans :)

Best of luck to all SoCon schools playing this week...important to always show conference unity in the OOC! :thumbsup:

OL FU
August 29th, 2006, 06:36 AM
How about calling OL FU a TROLL? Is that allowed?
:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Just Remember. I have a tendancy to become what I am called:nod:
Just ask the people who have called me dumbass all these years:smiley_wi

Mr. C
August 29th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Just Remember. I have a tendancy to become what I am called:nod:
Just ask the people who have called me dumbass all these years:smiley_wi
On the bright side, becoming a troll could get you a job as an extra in the next Lord of the Rings movie.
:D :) xlolx :nod: :cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p :o :smiley_wi :eyebrow: :rotateh:

The Gadfly
August 30th, 2006, 01:59 AM
I agree with all but one of Kep's predictions: ASU 14 NCSU 31

It makes me sick to say it, but I'll be pullin' for ya Mountain Necks. :thumbsup: ....... yeah, I just threw up in my mouth :o .