PDA

View Full Version : How To Get I-AA Scores?

carney2
August 27th, 2006, 10:39 PM
This will be my first time around the bases with you guys. Is there anyplace on the web where scores of all games involving I-AA teams are posted every week?

August 27th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Live scores are sketchy. www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/scores/live/scoreboard.aspx?season= and www.usatoday.com/sports/scores.htm post live scores but they are often incomplete and late... I-AA.org posts the final scores every night at http://www.i-aa.org/scoreboard.asp?sportid=288 but we dropped the live scores part because they were all spotty. Members here post the scores pretty quick with comments too every game day/night.

Tod
August 27th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Live scores are sketchy. www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/scores/live/scoreboard.aspx?season= and www.usatoday.com/sports/scores.htm post live scores but they are often incomplete and late... I-AA.org posts the final scores every night at http://www.i-aa.org/scoreboard.asp?sportid=288 but we dropped the live scores part because they were all spotty. Members here post the scores pretty quick with comments too every game day/night.

Yup, it's fun stuff, there will usually be threads for whichever game has fans on the site (usually all games) and some others as well (depending on home games, TV, and such) and a thread for any and all I-AA scores. Quite a good time on AGS! Good time, later in the evening, to start updating your poll. :nod: :nod: :thumbsup:

ASU Kep
August 28th, 2006, 01:27 AM
Don't know if this helps, but I know Verizon's web service is usually fairly good at posting I-AA scores. They usually give updates every 5 minutes or so (in game time, not real-time). To test it out last year I tried to check the score of our Lafayette game as I was walking back to my place from the game. It took about ten minutes for it to catch up and show the final score, but thats not too bad if you can't get to your computer.

bkrownd
August 28th, 2006, 01:37 AM
This will be my first time around the bases with you guys. Is there anyplace on the web where scores of all games involving I-AA teams are posted every week?

I watch the scores at sports.yahoo.com.

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2006, 07:25 AM
You have to remember that the ESPNs, Yahoos and folks are relying on about two or three companies that make all the calls to the press boxes around the nation.

Each of those places call every ten to fifteen minutes to the press boxes. The press boxes are asked to call at the end of each quarter and after each score, as well as kickoff time (hence, why you'll see the 14:55 to show the game has started or for basketball, 19:55...same rules apply there for tipoffs)...

So, that's why scores are not updated. You realize early in the season which stadiums are not doing their job or did not supply the right phone number to these companies as the scores won't show...:nono:

carney2
August 28th, 2006, 07:33 AM
I'm not concerned about "live" so much as I am about having a complete picture in time for AGS poll voting. Thanks to one and all.

TexasTerror
August 28th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I'm not concerned about "live" so much as I am about having a complete picture in time for AGS poll voting. Thanks to one and all.

Forget to mention, there's ussually several in-game threads running here on AGS from folks who can't make their team's games. Also, we typically have a score thread where folks can report scores of games they are interested in and such...someone will also post, ussually Ralph, I think, a thread of how the AGS top 25 did...l

Appstate03
August 28th, 2006, 07:48 AM
Isn't there also a toll free number you can call to get any sports score across the country. I remember someone posted in on here last year. I used it a couple times and it worked fairly well but I don't remember what the number was.

TheTribeHasSpoken
August 28th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the links!

AppGuy04
August 28th, 2006, 08:20 AM
I have Cingular cell phone service, so I have them send me all the SoCon scores throughout the day.

August 28th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Isn't there also a toll free number you can call to get any sports score across the country. I remember someone posted in on here last year. I used it a couple times and it worked fairly well but I don't remember what the number was.1-800-555-TELL
just say "sports" then "college football" then the name of the team.

Appstate03
August 28th, 2006, 09:11 AM
1-800-555-TELL
just say "sports" then "college football" then the name of the team.

Thanks a lot. Its been driving me crazy. xidiotx

FlyYtown
August 28th, 2006, 04:30 PM
1-800-555-TELL.

Say Sports. College Football. Then name of the team you need the score of.

PSUVikings
August 28th, 2006, 04:59 PM
thanks for the info guys