PDA

View Full Version : Bomar Headed to I-AA

Sly Fox
August 27th, 2006, 09:37 PM
I have a VERY good source who informed me this evening that the former OU quarterback is indeed going to attend one of his I-AA choices. Just thought I'd pass that on.

And yes, I know there was another Bomar thread. But this is actually a development in the story and not seven pages of deteriorating discussion.

blur2005
August 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM
I have a VERY good source who informed me this evening that the former OU quarterback is indeed going to attend one of his I-AA choices. Just thought I'd pass that on.

And yes, I know there was another Bomar thread. But this is actually a development in the story and not seven pages of deteriorating discussion.
I'd probably hit myself if he transferred to Liberty. Seriously, what do transfers see in Liberty for football? Eddie Pinigis just transferred there from UVA instead of one of the plethora of decent I-AA programs in the mid-Atlantic. I just don't get it.

On subject, I think Bomar would be a great pick-up in terms of his great amount of talent. Of course, talent often doesn't pan out.

SuperJon
August 27th, 2006, 09:48 PM
I highly doubt Sly means LU. In fact, I know he doesn't. Sly is a reporter in Houston so he knows what's going on in Texas.

blackfordpu
August 27th, 2006, 09:49 PM

Any news of which I-AA schools he is leaning towards?

beerkat
August 27th, 2006, 09:51 PM
its either going to be SFA or SHSU

DFW HOYA
August 27th, 2006, 09:53 PM
I guess the Patriot League is out of the running.

Cocky
August 27th, 2006, 10:06 PM
We have some good car dealership down here in Bama.

Grizo406
August 27th, 2006, 10:07 PM
its either going to be SFA or SHSU

Are those his first choices?

blackfordpu
August 27th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Are those his first choices?

It has been rumored that Bomar has attended many SHSU practices and possibly scrimmages. Also said that he visited SFA sometime last week.

Nothing can be confirmed because the SHSU AD is being very tight lipped about the situation.

Redbird Fan 21
August 27th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Anyone know when he is supposed to make his decision?? i assume it would have to be soon.

Also, how long did the NCAA suspend him for... if they havent ruled yet, how long are people thinking it will be?

beerkat
August 27th, 2006, 10:37 PM
It has been rumored that Bomar has attended many SHSU practices and possibly scrimmages. Also said that he visited SFA sometime last week

those are not rumors those are facts

Sly Fox
August 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Ahem. Perhaps my source was good after all.

:rolleyes:

He enrolled this morning.

Sly Fox
August 28th, 2006, 01:45 PM
I'd probably hit myself if he transferred to Liberty. Seriously, what do transfers see in Liberty for football? Eddie Pinigis just transferred there from UVA instead of one of the plethora of decent I-AA programs in the mid-Atlantic. I just don't get it.

We added Vince Redd today.

Redd to Liberty (http://www.roanoke.com/sports/breaking/wb/80204 )

We still have a couple more we are watching.

AppGuy04
August 28th, 2006, 01:52 PM
NM, figured it out

blackfordpu
August 28th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Ahem. Perhaps my source was good after all.

:rolleyes:

He enrolled this morning.

Who doubted you?