PDA

View Full Version : FBS picking the bones of FCS school commits

BEAR
February 3rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
Let's start a list of your FCS school commits that de-commited after an FBS school came calling. xmadx

1. Korliss Marshall- UCA three star RB commit..goes to uaf to become a safety.

mountaineer in Cane Land
February 3rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
one of apps top linebacker recruits, Vinson from Maryland, made an official visit to Rutgers this weekend. He had been a verbal for about a month, now, Rutgers shows alittle interest, and it looks like we will lose him if Rutgers makes offer. He would be tough to lose, not only becouse of his talent, but becouse of all the effort the staff put in recruiting him.

CID1990
February 3rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
We lost one here:

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013302020324

frozennorth
February 3rd, 2013, 09:28 PM
und lost a lineman to NIU, and i think iowa is picking around at another player.

i don't believe NDSU has lost any commits to FBS schools yet, though i have a feeling i forgot one.

TheRevSFA
February 3rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
Mack Leftwich, QB from Pennsylvania was a SFA verbal and decommited for UTEP

WestCoastAggie
February 4th, 2013, 07:11 AM
A&T lost a 3 star DE commit to Syracuse.

CID1990
February 4th, 2013, 07:15 AM
AFA poached one of ours but we took two of theirs so its all good.

AmsterBison
February 4th, 2013, 07:17 AM
und lost a lineman to NIU, and i think iowa is picking around at another player.

i don't believe NDSU has lost any commits to FBS schools yet, though i have a feeling i forgot one.

Find an oak table or something and knock on it. :) Minnesota has been known to swoop in on NDSU recruits on the day before signing day.

NoDak 4 Ever
February 4th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Find an oak table or something and knock on it. :) Minnesota has been known to swoop in on NDSU recruits on the day before signing day.

as long as it's not a linebacker, I'm ok with that.

underdawg
February 4th, 2013, 08:18 AM
SIU Carbondale's biggest FBS enemies recruiting-wise are the MAC schools although we got one to sign who was offered by Oregon State). We've lost several two star-three star players to Ball State for instance.
But we scored enough (two two star, two three star) and a four star FBS transfer (Ken Malcome , RB from University of Georgia) to stay competitive.

Franks Tanks
February 4th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Mack Leftwich, QB from Pennsylvania was a SFA verbal and decommited for UTEP

His teamates dad got the head job at UTEP and brought him along with him. The dad was a coach with the Steelers, and his son is one of the top OL recruits in the country. The son is not follwing his dad to UTEP-- he is still going to Michigan. I had no idea Leftwich was at one time comitted to SFA.

rbostic278
February 4th, 2013, 09:28 AM
S Paul Davis Cario,Ga was committed to GaSouthern took a visit to Temple committed then GT came in and offered this weekend. We have 3 more days watch how crazy thing get. If these FBS schools are stealing recruits from FCS then they are not doing a good job of recruiting.

TheRevSFA
February 4th, 2013, 09:43 AM
His teamates dad got the head job at UTEP and brought him along with him. The dad was a coach with the Steelers, and his son is one of the top OL recruits in the country. The son is not follwing his dad to UTEP-- he is still going to Michigan. I had no idea Leftwich was at one time comitted to SFA.

Yep..he was a verbal to us due to family ties.

Mattymc727
February 4th, 2013, 03:10 PM
UNH was the only offer for Harrisburg Cougar LB Chris Britton throughout the whole process. He came in for a visit a few weeks ago too. Uconn and Pitt both swooped in the last week and now hes a Uconn Husky. Looked like he was a good get. This happens to UNH though every year and we do just fine.

BEAR
February 4th, 2013, 03:18 PM
UCA had a 3 star receiver that decommited to play MLB I believe I heard. Good luck to him. Supposedly draftable. Would have loved to see him play though. He tore up the high school fields.

citdog
February 4th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Yep..he was a verbal to us due to family ties.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CqnwNdip8

Tribe4SF
February 4th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Tribe had a commit from George Adeosun, an OL from Alpharetta, GA in December over Harvard, Yale, Holy Cross, Ga. St., Richmond and Howard. Little known because the Nigerian was pretty new to football. His coach took film to the AFCA convention and in one week he had offers from UVA, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ga. Tech, Purdue, Georgia and Arizona St. Never seen a kid blow up to that extent in January.

CID1990
February 4th, 2013, 05:17 PM
This thread is depressing. Not so much for the fact that these kids are looking for greener pastures, but that in most cases, they probably would have had a more enriching experience if they had stayed with the FCS option.

BEAR
February 4th, 2013, 07:47 PM
UCA's loss was a 3 star RB who opted to play safety at a larger school. A position he'll have to learn when UCA lost 3 RBs to graduation and his spot was THERE for the taking.....so sad.

lionsrking2
February 4th, 2013, 08:18 PM
UCA's loss was a 3 star RB who opted to play safety at a larger school. A position he'll have to learn when UCA lost 3 RBs to graduation and his spot was THERE for the taking.....so sad.

From watching his video, looks to me like he projects best as a safety as far as NFL potential, and probably a wise move on his part. It happens to all of us at some point just about every year. Just hope at the end of the day you have good options and can fill pressing needs.

BEAR
February 4th, 2013, 11:16 PM
From watching his video, looks to me like he projects best as a safety as far as NFL potential, and probably a wise move on his part. It happens to all of us at some point just about every year. Just hope at the end of the day you have good options and can fill pressing needs.

Well, the Bears haven't had a decent run game since kentrell rogers was playing. It's time. We've become rather one sided with the pass game. It was our fall in the playoffs. I said it against Ga. So. when we were matched evenly that their run game would beat our pass game because the pass game is not as stable as a run game of equal value. Much to do to get ready to defend the title..but those 300 lb. linemen will certainly help. xlolx

Hambone
February 5th, 2013, 08:20 AM

For NDSU I don't know how much I would consider Clarence Smith a "loss" to an FBS school, as he was committed for a day before he decommitted, eventually landing with Utah. He's the only one I can think of.

As far as Norberg is concerned, it sounds like he's pretty solid with UND now after his visit to Iowa didn't generate any scholarship money, but if Iowa were to call and offer scholarship money at the 11th hour he would be gone.