PDA

View Full Version : Appstatenation FOIA'd GSU and App re: Sun Belt. Has some info...

Skjellyfetti
February 2nd, 2013, 12:03 AM
Has 50+ pages of documents... but, is releasing slowly because he's not sure what he can publicly release without getting into legal trouble.

I'm going to just link to the website to give it the traffic it deserves.

http://www.appstatenation.com/

Skjellyfetti
February 2nd, 2013, 12:05 AM
Ah ****. Repost. Mods, you can delete this.

And, do a better job naming your threads so it's easier to scan the front page and see if there's already a thread. xsmiley_wix

Baldy
February 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Nothing more than what we already knew. xrolleyesx

Probably isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things, but people need to mind their own ******* business and let these things work themselves out. xnodx

Professor Chaos
February 2nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
No, by all means. We need more App/GaSo realignment threads! MORE! MORE!!!!!!

citdog
February 2nd, 2013, 11:30 AM
if I was an app st person i'd file a FOIA request to find out what happened to my defense against The Citadel and Wofford. witness protection?

GlassOnion
February 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
if I was an app st person i'd file a FOIA request to find out what happened to my defense against The Citadel and Wofford. witness protection?

No, must have been something else. Witness protection would last way longer than one season, like Citadel football, showing up every 20-30 years.

cbarrier90
February 2nd, 2013, 12:58 PM

You got any better ideas? Welcome to the offseason!

Lehigh Football Nation
February 2nd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Still seems like Karl Benson shopping puppy dogs and ice cream at this point. One of the schools mentioned was Towson, after all.

Apphole
February 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM

There were hundreds of redundant Canada State threads all season. I think you can let a few slide before you have a right to bitch about it.

gsu_paintballer
February 2nd, 2013, 03:11 PM

Going to need you to cite your source in your signature, please.

Thanks.

citdog
February 2nd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Going to need you to cite your source in your signature, please.

Thanks.

Douglas Southall Freeman

ncguitarplyr
February 3rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
FOIA Article #3:

EXCLUSIVE: E-Mails Between GSU & NMSU Raise Conference Realignment Questions
http://www.appstatenation.com/2013/02/03/exclusive-e-mails-between-gsu-nmsu-raise-conference-realignment-questions/

CID1990
February 3rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
FOIA Article #3:

EXCLUSIVE: E-Mails Between GSU & NMSU Raise Conference Realignment Questions
http://www.appstatenation.com/2013/02/03/exclusive-e-mails-between-gsu-nmsu-raise-conference-realignment-questions/

Looks like the Stinkers think there ain't enough room in this Sun Belt town for two of ya

citdog
February 3rd, 2013, 08:44 AM
these two could be meeting up to discuss how to best 'realign' one anothers schmeckles into their bunghole.

walliver
February 3rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
Looks like the Stinkers think there ain't enough room in this Sun Belt town for two of ya

I would not be completely surprised if ASU gets left out. ASU would be somewhat of an outlier in the Sunbelt, especially if WKU leaves. NMSU would also be an outlier, but would probably be football-only so teams wouldn't have to fly their tennis and volleyball teams around.

My personal feeling is that ASU is better prepared for the jump, but GSU is a better fit for the Sunbelt.

If the Sunbelt chooses to add 4 teams, then ASU would be OK.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 3rd, 2013, 09:58 AM
I have heard from reliable sources that GSU basically did the same thing last year with App. There's no way GSU would rather join with NMSU than App. State.

Maybe Peacock and/or Cobb have told Keel that they're just not sure about the Sun Belt so we've had to turn to someone else.

gsu_paintballer
February 3rd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Douglas Southall Freeman

The .gif file, genius.

HappyAppy
February 3rd, 2013, 12:40 PM

Could be, doubt it though. I think two things are very telling: 1. NMSU flew to Georgia (and not the other way around) and 2. these emails were before the GSU AD was in place and before Benson emailed that map and info to GSU.

I think New Mexico State is the most desperate team in any of this. As badly as App and GSU want to move up, it would be more devastating for NMSU to get kicked down to FCS then it would be for us to stay here. NMSU has to join a conference and they have to do it fast, so I think they are doing everything possible to make that happen.

You can take it as a bad sign for App that we were not involved in these emails, but I can tell you that our AD and President have zero interest in being in a conference with New Mexico State. If they did anything involving New Mexico State, it would be actively trying to keep them out of a conference with us. We want a conference that is as geographically tight as possible, and New Mexico State does not fit that profile.

Why would Georgia Southern care to side up with New Mexico State over App? They are not moving the needle at all for the GSU fan base. For the GSU people who might be on the fence about moving to FBS or staying FCS, joining with App State will excite them much more than New Mexico State (same goes for the App side). Everything about this screams that NMSU is doing everything humanly possible to join the Sun Belt, and I don't think it is going to be enough.

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 3rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
The .gif file, genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo3dcMUVAG4

citdog
February 3rd, 2013, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo3dcMUVAG4

one of my favorites! thanks for posting! I like this one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Ees0HMS8I

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 3rd, 2013, 01:14 PM
I'm flattered you think that 2 point win over GSU was better than "The Shock at the Rock". xthumbsupx

CID1990
February 3rd, 2013, 02:00 PM
I'm flattered you think that 2 point win over GSU was better than "The Shock at the Rock". xthumbsupx

GSU was the best team in the SoCon this year and most people felt that going in. So I'd say the GSU win was bigger (but the ASU win was sweeter- you'd think someone yelled fire the way KBS emptied out in the 3rd).

citdog
February 3rd, 2013, 02:21 PM

WHO has been to the National Semifinals every year recently?

so yes beating you is better than beating appy.

BOTH of your tears taste salty.

seantaylor
February 4th, 2013, 05:26 AM
I would not be completely surprised if ASU gets left out. ASU would be somewhat of an outlier in the Sunbelt, especially if WKU leaves. NMSU would also be an outlier, but would probably be football-only so teams wouldn't have to fly their tennis and volleyball teams around.

My personal feeling is that ASU is better prepared for the jump, but GSU is a better fit for the Sunbelt.

If the Sunbelt chooses to add 4 teams, then ASU would be OK.

Lets be real, now. Appy is no longer a better fit than GSU. When Sammy Baker was here, yeah. Now, GSU is again the class of the Socon, the biggest school in the conference, and Tommy Killer is a true guinea.

seantaylor
February 4th, 2013, 05:29 AM
GSU was the best team in the SoCon this year and most people felt that going in. So I'd say the GSU win was bigger (but the ASU win was sweeter- you'd think someone yelled fire the way KBS emptied out in the 3rd).

Program defining win for El Chit. McKinnon was not yet the starting QB. And, oh the pass interference call. Good ole boy from Goose Creek

CID1990
February 4th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Program defining win for El Chit. McKinnon was not yet the starting QB. And, oh the pass interference call. Good ole boy from Goose Creek

The only defining thing about you and half your fans is blaming the refs.

Get over yourself, our FBS wins and wins over Marshall were more program defining. You guys this year were just the latest in a long line of teams to come in to JHS and get embarrassed.

CID1990
February 4th, 2013, 06:37 AM

The only defining thing about you and half your fans is blaming the refs.

Get over yourself, our FBS wins and wins over Marshall were more program defining. You guys this year were just the latest in a long line of teams to come in to JHS and get embarrassed.

ASUMountaineer
February 4th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Nothing more than what we already knew. xrolleyesx

Probably isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things, but people need to mind their own ******* business and let these things work themselves out. xnodx

Public school admins should use personal emails, not work emails, if they don't want to information made available through FOIA.

eaglewraith
February 4th, 2013, 06:48 AM
In fairness, that PI call was borderline at best.

But what really lost us that game was turning it over inside of our own 30 twice. Other than that Citadel had a minimal number of drives that drove the length of the field, and even then they ended in FG's.

ASUMountaineer
February 4th, 2013, 06:52 AM

That would be more interesting than ascertaining why Citadel can't win the conference or make the playoffs. xnodx

ASUMountaineer
February 4th, 2013, 06:53 AM
these two could be meeting up to discuss how to best 'realign' one anothers schmeckles into their bunghole.

Doubtful, Citadel isn't involved.

Appaholic
February 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM

Says the alumni of a school who fought to keep women OUT of it's college experience....

citdog
February 4th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Says the alumni of a school who fought to keep women OUT of it's college experience....

APPAHOLIC! FINALLY AN EQUAL COMBATANT IS UPON THE FIELD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Tj-Xo_eqI

CID1990
February 4th, 2013, 12:48 PM

Holy ***** he ain't dead!

ncguitarplyr
February 4th, 2013, 05:48 PM
4th and final article on the FOIA request, hope you enjoyed reading!

EXCLUSIVE: E-Mails From the MAC & Sun Belt’s Commissioners Project Conference Realignment Pause
http://www.appstatenation.com/2013/02/04/exclusive-e-mails-from-the-mac-sun-belts-commissioners-project-conference-realignment-pause/

CID1990
February 4th, 2013, 05:49 PM
This reminds me of Cletus and Corky fighting over the last burnt tater tot.

citdog
February 4th, 2013, 05:56 PM
so after this GROUNDBREAKING report what did we find out?

NOtHING!

deep throat you ain't

Laker
February 4th, 2013, 06:04 PM
deep throat you ain't

No, but this one is- Linda Lovelace herself!

ncguitarplyr
February 4th, 2013, 07:47 PM
It was covered by NBCSports.com and is being discussed on at least 25 different message boards. Nothing my ***.

Haters gonna hate.

citdog
February 4th, 2013, 07:55 PM
It was covered by NBCSports.com and is being discussed on at least 25 different message boards. Nothing my ***.

Haters gonna hate.

not hating.....

why so sensitive?

it seems that this whole episode was touted as a big reveal and all we got was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOoH-SeqoE

walliver
February 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
not hating.....

why so sensitive?

it seems that this whole episode was touted as a big reveal and all we got was

What we learned:

1) Don't e-mail Georgia Southern if you don't want the contents revealed.
2) Marking a document "confidential" doesn't make it so.
3) Current SunBelt members are too busy prostituting themselves to CUSA to worry about new members.

PaladinFan
February 5th, 2013, 07:00 AM
What we learned:

3) Current SunBelt members are too busy prostituting themselves to CUSA to worry about new members.

That may be about it.

ASUMountaineer
February 5th, 2013, 07:45 AM
so after this GROUNDBREAKING report what did we find out?

NOtHING!

deep throat you ain't

If you had used Caps Lock, that wouldn't have happened. xnodx

CID1990
February 5th, 2013, 08:06 AM
4. GSU would rather travel all the way to New Mexico every other season than play ASU every year.

Skjellyfetti
February 5th, 2013, 04:26 PM

It's not so much that Georgia Southern doesn't keep things confidential that are supposed to be confidential... it has more to do with state and federal laws ensuring public access of government records.

And, responses like "people need to mind their own ******* business" are shortsighted... as all government business is OUR business. And the more transparency we have in government (whether it concerns conference realignment, to budget talks, etc. ) is ultimately a good thing.

citdog
February 5th, 2013, 04:31 PM
It's not so much that Georgia Southern doesn't keep things confidential that are supposed to be confidential... it has more to do with state and federal laws ensuring public access of government records.

And, responses like "people need to mind their own ******* business" are shortsighted... as all government business is OUR business. And the more transparency we have in government (whether it concerns conference realignment, to budget talks, etc. ) is ultimately a good thing.

yet you supported the LEAST transparent president since Nixon.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003451325/1933590437_4851210507_ObamaWhisper_answer_1_xlarge _xlarge.jpeg

CID1990
February 5th, 2013, 06:09 PM
yet you supported the LEAST transparent president since Nixon.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003451325/1933590437_4851210507_ObamaWhisper_answer_1_xlarge _xlarge.jpeg

Yep. Says the guy who is conspicuously silent about the rules and guidelines by which the President can order the death of American citizens without due process. Rules that we would not be privy to if they had not been leaked.

DoWe
February 5th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Is this the politics forum around this joint?

CID1990
February 5th, 2013, 08:10 PM

It usually degenerates to that the the minute Felchyfetty shows up.

citdog
February 5th, 2013, 08:12 PM

you got one?

http://ranqer.com/photo2/large/3d54a4bd54f7bfeac015a1affeee1246/matthew-mcconaughey/watch-matthew-mcconaughey-reprises-david-wooderson-from-dazed.jpg

It'd be a lot cooler if you did....man

DoWe
February 5th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Then let me caution both of you Citadel folks, he is the Commander in Chief. No respect for him = no respect for you.

CID1990
February 5th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Then let me caution both of you Citadel folks, he is the Commander in Chief. No respect for him = no respect for you.

Tangent much, Spock?

citdog
February 5th, 2013, 09:53 PM

I don't currently have to follow orders emanating from 1600 Penn ave. I am a private citizen and am free to hold WHATEVER ****ING POLITICAL OPINION I DESIRE.

CID1990
February 5th, 2013, 09:55 PM
I don't currently have to follow orders emanating from 1600 Penn ave. I am a private citizen and am free to hold WHATEVER ****ING POLITICAL OPINION I DESIRE.

Ohh now I get it.

DoMe is threatening to withdraw his respect.

Fcuk!

Skjellyfetti
February 5th, 2013, 10:02 PM

Nope. It's none of your business. ;)

DoWe
February 5th, 2013, 10:02 PM
toy soldiers you both are.

citdog
February 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM
toy soldiers you both are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvdLovAaYzM

Baldy
February 6th, 2013, 03:31 AM
No public funds go toward athletics at Georgia Southern, so it is none your ******* business.

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 08:19 AM

xlolx

fc97
February 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM
No public funds go toward athletics at Georgia Southern, so it is none your ******* business.

on one hand, i agree with you. being that this is georgia and it is georgia funds, then foia shouldn't apply to a citizen outside the state unless information is provided to a georgia resident and then transferred to an out of state person. what interest does a nc resident have in the dealing of georgia government entities.

on the other hand, i disagree with you. the athletic department takes government funds. the funds are all handled by a government entity for student fees and other such items though private donations may not be. because these funds are taken and transferred, it makes it funded by the government by definition. even then, the athletics department is a daughter department of a public entity and therefore should have the same transparency as the rest of the government, to residents of that state.

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 08:43 AM
on one hand, i agree with you. being that this is georgia and it is georgia funds, then foia shouldn't apply to a citizen outside the state unless information is provided to a georgia resident and then transferred to an out of state person. what interest does a nc resident have in the dealing of georgia government entities.
The writer/creator of Appstatenation.com is a resident of Atlanta, Ga.

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 08:44 AM

DOH! xlolx

Apphole
February 6th, 2013, 08:48 AM
DOH! xlolx

Guess now we know why he hasn't gotten one from ASU xlolx

ASUMountaineer
February 6th, 2013, 08:52 AM

If so...paging asumike!

fc97
February 6th, 2013, 08:54 AM

then done deal, the gsu fan is incorrect and that person has every right to the data and every right to do anything with it! so nothing to whine about, right?

i was more responding to the absurdity of the gsu fan saying an app fan has no business to the information, which in every point of this, is completely false. resident of georgia and athletics are part of a government organization means that everything is out in the open.

also to the point of using private email accounts to do this. court decisions have shown that, if those are used at work they are subject to the same foia laws and can be cracked open..... so..... well that's that

seantaylor
February 7th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Atlanta,Georgia is a ish hole.

dgtw
February 7th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Does Georgia Southern receive any federal funds?

Baldy
February 7th, 2013, 07:35 AM
And probably won't.