PDA

View Full Version : Samford Football Gets Some Great News

SU DOG
February 1st, 2013, 04:55 PM
Just announced today, the NCAA has granted another year of eligibility to our QB Andy Summerlin. Also getting a 6th year is BIG(6-4, 310 lb) DT Jeremy Towns. Those 2 are impact players, and we are ecstatic about this ruling. We are also just plain giddy about our news on recruiting - provided we can keep the bigger vultures away.

eaglewraith
February 1st, 2013, 05:16 PM
Now beat the **** out of Ga State to start the season :)

SU DOG
February 1st, 2013, 06:16 PM
Now beat the **** out of Ga State to start the season :)

Good idea. Hmmm....beating 2 GSUs in one season.......PRICELESS!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
February 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
Underrated QB. Not impressive arm strength but accurate.

dgtw
February 1st, 2013, 07:00 PM
I wasn't aware Samford was playing Georgia State, but I looked it up and they are. They also have Jax State and Chattanooga. I thought they were a full FBS member next year. Why play three FCS games?

eaglewraith
February 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
I wasn't aware Samford was playing Georgia State, but I looked it up and they are. They also have Jax State and Chattanooga. I thought they were a full FBS member next year. Why play three FCS games?

In fairness, part of the problem was the defections from the SBC with MTSU and FAU leaving this year for CUSA. They would have had another SBC game if not for that. As it is, they had to pick up another OOC game since there will only be 7 conference games this year.

eaglewraith
February 1st, 2013, 07:34 PM
Good idea. Hmmm....beating 2 GSUs in one season.......PRICELESS!!!

Nice, didn't know you were playing Grambling too.

SU DOG
February 1st, 2013, 08:52 PM
xlolx Good comeback xlolx

catamount man
February 1st, 2013, 11:12 PM
Just announced today, the NCAA has granted another year of eligibility to our QB Andy Summerlin. Also getting a 6th year is BIG(6-4, 310 lb) DT Jeremy Towns. Those 2 are impact players, and we are ecstatic about this ruling. We are also just plain giddy about our news on recruiting - provided we can keep the bigger vultures away.

xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingx DAMN!!! Was hoping I'd never see Andy Summerlin again. :p

chattanoogamocs
February 2nd, 2013, 12:21 AM

Because they had already signed contracts.

Ga St is supposed to come to Chattanooga next year too (just like WKU did when they had moved up to FBS), will be interesting to see if they honor the contract (they claim they will and the Sun Belt has no problem with it) or buy it out.

eaglewraith
February 2nd, 2013, 06:04 PM

Ga St is supposed to come to Chattanooga next year too (just like WKU did when they had moved up to FBS), will be interesting to see if they honor the contract (they claim they will and the Sun Belt has no problem with it) or buy it out.

Normally I'd say they would buy it out. However, they DID travel to a D2 team in 2011 and I've never seen a D1 team do that before.

dgtw
February 2nd, 2013, 07:49 PM

I knew they were supposed to play us and y'all, I guess Samford was their replacement game. I guess it doesn't matter, its not like they were going to win enough to get to a bowl game.

We had a home/home with them in 2010 and 2011, not sure if our new deal is home/home. I've heard the Sun Belt has a rule against road games against FCS teams, so we'll have to see if they make the return trip.