PDA

View Full Version : PL First? Streaming subscription from Colgate

colgate13
August 26th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Link (http://www.colgateraiders.com/News/gen/2006/8/25/general8252006.asp?path=gen)

All six home football games will be streamed live on the internet... for pay. Going by the monthly rate, it's essentially $30 for the season, give or take $10.

Not a bad deal at all. Now, I wish they would do some sort of pod archive to view them at different times! Still, a great step for Colgate. Any other PL teams doing this? I know some other I-AA teams are.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2006, 12:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Lehigh video streams their games through Yahoo, or atleast they did a couple years ago.

Another thing of note, it appears people are already looking forward to the season and Colgate, based on ticket sales. Should be a lively place when ya visit Colgate13.
http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/football/release.asp?release_id=4601

cosmo here
August 26th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Link (http://www.colgateraiders.com/News/gen/2006/8/25/general8252006.asp?path=gen)

All six home football games will be streamed live on the internet... for pay. Going by the monthly rate, it's essentially $30 for the season, give or take $10.

Not a bad deal at all. Now, I wish they would do some sort of pod archive to view them at different times! Still, a great step for Colgate. Any other PL teams doing this? I know some other I-AA teams are.

Yeah, Lafayette has had "All-Access" subscription for the last couple years, for all 12 games both seasons. I would anticipate this will continue this season.

ngineer
August 26th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Lehigh as a subsription through Yahoo Sports that streams all their sports. That's how I was able to report on the baseball team during the NCAA playoffs. Some are audio, only. I think most of the football are both audio and video--except G'town may be audio only---no room for the cameras??

Andy
August 26th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Yes, Lafayette has had streaming available for one or two seasons. Our service is called "all-access" and I am a subscriber. Make sure you "optimize" your service by "In the Connection Speed drop down menu, choose the speed proper to your Internet service." This dinosaur didn't realize that and suffered through a lousy picture for a few weeks. A subscription also grants access to certain audio events like coaches interviews. Some games will be archived which is cool for later review. (Like bad calls on interceptions.:D )

colgate13
August 26th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks. I'll have to ask about the archive feature. I won't get to see many games in person in the future.

UNHWildCats
August 26th, 2006, 08:10 PM
UNH had the audio for there games on yahoo last season for free as well as mens basketball. Hope it continues this season.

Andy
August 26th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks. I'll have to ask about the archive feature. I won't get to see many games in person in the future.

Relocating, 13?

blukeys
August 26th, 2006, 08:53 PM
We really need to start pooling our resources. I found it very helpful listening to games (UNH - UC DAVIS) on the Internet and did it all year. Sunday before voting on the AGS poll is a particularly good time to watch/listen to games as I am grading papers and drinking JD.

CN8 seems to have every Lafayette game thanks to a concrete company's sponsorship. It is very helpful to me as I get to see PL games I would never get to see.

Schools at the very least should be podcasting the audio of their games. For really good quality of an audio signal everyone should follow the lead of Southern Illinois. Those guys are the best especially when you compare them directly to Western Kentucky. :nod: :nod:

colgate13
August 26th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Relocating, 13?

Relocated!:rotateh:

And 'busy' on Saturday afternoons in the fall...:rotateh: :nod: :rotateh: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: